Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: ~*Getting To Know You*~ (It Lives Once Again)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: ~*Getting To Know You*~ (It Lives Once Again)
Page 16 of 19«<1415161718>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/27/2016 16:01:25   
Sigil

You shouldn't be too concerned with Keystone, in that regard. He hasn't immolated anyone in quite a while (not his thing), and as a rule never impales anyone without their permission. Champion of the common man, that one.
AQW  Post #: 376
1/31/2016 22:14:39   
Sigil

So hey, I'm over four days without posting. Then again, I also only have one other post after my last, prompting a conflict in the rules about activity. Should I continue with my course of actions, or wait for someone else to chime in first?
AQW  Post #: 377
1/31/2016 23:02:06   
Apocalypse

I believe Afina stated if you wait the number of days, then you can post even without the three unique posts present.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 378
2/1/2016 6:18:37   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Apocalypse hit the nail on the head.
Post #: 379
2/1/2016 10:08:09   
Krey

Sorry, I kinda lost track of things for a bit. I'm going to be getting caught up today or tomorrow if that's okay!
AQ  Post #: 380
2/1/2016 17:40:44   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

That's fine Krey, no worries.
Post #: 381
2/2/2016 18:44:03   
Sigil

Got a mule. Her name is Molly. She hauls stuff. Life - little less with the suckage for Keystone.

Lots of Yay all around.
AQW  Post #: 382
2/2/2016 19:06:13   
Krey

Alright, I posted! A little rough, but hopefully I can start to shake off this rust and get back into the swing of things.
AQ  Post #: 383
2/2/2016 21:20:07   
Shadownightninja

New to this roleplaying forum. Gonna throw my character in here for now and study the forums a bit more before I post in the in character forum.

Name: Caine The Sire of Dimensional Order
Race:Lich previously human
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Class: Warp Necromancer
Appearance: 7'0' tall pale and sickly skin. He never shows his actual flesh except for the lower part of his jaw which appears from the bottom of his dreadful headgear. Caines helmet resebles a beastly skull with long curving horns on either side pointing downward. The sockets of the headress radiate bright yellow light. Covered in sickeningly dark, green, flesh colored armor that is Adorn with thin cloths that can only be identified as skin. Caine refers to this armor as his Second Skin which is Made from scraps of void creatures he has slain. The Second Skin seems alive and pulsate with dimension energies that radiate neon yellow.
Personality: Unnerving calm. Straightforward. Has spontaneous tics of insanity due to his interdimensonal travels. Stoic at times.
Equipment: Only a book attached to his thigh which he refers to as his Chronical of Knowledge and History. Embed with his dimensional magics. Has no definate end and he is constantly recording things into since he tends to be forgetfull with his insanity ever present.
Abilities: Necromancy. Pulls his undead horrors as well as death magic through dimensional rifts. Dimensional magic. Is able to open rifts and utilize them to travel, Dodge attacks, hide, etc. Very limited Chronomancy. Uses it for reverting flesh before damage and giving himself a slight reaction bonus. Does not use mana for dimensional or chrono magic, instead uses his own sanity. Drains people sanity to heal his own, and can funnel death magic into living creatures in order to hurt them.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 384
2/2/2016 22:45:18   
Remaint

A seven feet tall necromancer garbed in the flesh of those he slain? Bloody awesome! His Sanity mechanic is reminiscent of Lovecraftian lore, and his space-time abilities would be wonderful to behold!

Always loved undead characters, but I personally favour to use the low-class 'minion' types. Despite my affection for the undead, I haven't actually used a proper Necromancer before either. And so I am excited to see Caine, a 'High Enity' type of necromantic character in action!

'Lawful Evil' is one morality I don't see very often. Gives a vibe of "Grim Reaper," "Soul King," "Lich King," "Buddha," or even "Doctor Who." It would certainly be interesting to view things from his perspective. Practically all the characters I use are 'Chaotic Neutral.'

Reading Caine's full bio; this is one character whom I wouldn't mind having many of my own subordinate to; certainly Woyadei has to respect him. The Sire is kind of like an undead Doctor Who. Based on the nature of this name and its possible description, the Unrealms, I think my Dominion of Mist could be considered an Unrealm.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 2/2/2016 23:17:11 >
AQW  Post #: 385
2/3/2016 1:21:23   
Shadownightninja

Thanks, for years of loved the idea of a warp necromancer since dage the evil made the set for aqw. I thought it was fantastic, and wish they had more info about them in lore. Any tips for a newbie? I'm kinda in fear that my character might seem to border gm but I tried to limit himself with the insanity and his being slow and fairly squishy
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 386
2/3/2016 2:58:27   
Remaint

I've only been on these forums for perhaps three months, but my most significant piece of advice would be to, Ask Questions.

When your character's about to do something important, especially concerning the environment or another's character, Ask Others What They Think.

If your character is in possession of caveats, oddities, or otherwise varying traits that differ from known humanity, Ask Others if they will be all right with them.

It also won't do harm to go over your own posts and weed out grammar inconsistencies a second or third time.

This additional bit isn't really advice, but, I personally don't find your character to be overwhelming in power. Just like many 'good' characters, Caine is a skill-based character that can be punished hard if critical hits land. Also not really regarding your character, I think any game master or roleplayers of average creative quality should be able to manipulate factors easily enough so that most 'overpowered' characters don't behave in an overpowered way. I find it's very lazy when people use 'overpowered' as an excuse to dismiss characters.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 2/3/2016 3:18:37 >
AQW  Post #: 387
2/3/2016 6:29:38   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Okay, few notes: (forgive me if they come off as terse, still haven't finished my first cup of coffee this morning)

1)Was holding post until everyone had had a chance, going to go ahead and post later today
2) Apocalypse - you'll be taking lead on this adventure out of the tavern to Golbintopia, so until that part of the rp is over throw what you will at the group - you have Demi God powers beneath me as it were.
3) OOC is reserved for those that are currently or applying to be in the Rp, others should not be posting in ooc
4) Shadow - because I don't have restrictions on what characters can be brought in I am approving your character but I will be watching closely because these type of characters I have yet in 30+ years of rp be rped well as anything outside of an NPC. They either turn into min/max problems or god mods. So we will see how it goes.
Post #: 388
2/3/2016 8:48:11   
Draycos777

Was waiting for you to reply to my follow up pm, but since you haven't, and it's been awhile since my last post, I'll go ahead and put up a post soon anyways.
AQ  Post #: 389
2/3/2016 8:51:31   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

I haven't gotten a pm since last month from you. O.o Wehn I said it would affect the hide.
Post #: 390
2/3/2016 9:17:53   
Draycos777

odd, I sent another one asking what the degree of the effect would be. Sigh, oh well, technology somtimes.
AQ  Post #: 391
2/3/2016 9:27:40   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Odd, checked again, last thing I have is the notice that you read my reply and my box isn't full. Any who, to answer that now. I would have the same effect as on the rest, same as another hide or skin.
Post #: 392
2/3/2016 9:35:14   
Draycos777

alrighty, thanks. Making a post now.
AQ  Post #: 393
2/3/2016 13:48:07   
Sigil

@Draycos777

Wow, that sucks a bit. Hadn't considered the object of your hunt and the acid. My sympathies. But now it gives us all the opportunity to go a'travelling together! Yay!

AQW  Post #: 394
2/3/2016 16:23:53   
Starstruck

@shadownightninja, a quick tip:

You're going to have to post with this character, and at least half the time it's not going to be a fight.

Your character is insane and feeds off of the sanity of others. If you can enjoy doing that for God knows how many posts, more power to you. I personally cannot find that enjoyable. I don't like to give unsolicited advice, but if you can at all avoid creating a mentally ill character, do it. They are hard to do - not only in terms of how you can play the character, but in how correct your portrayal is and how respectful you are of their condition. "Insane" is sometimes tossed around cutely as something that describes people who are spontaneous and don't think through the consequences, but this guy is a sanity-draining complete schizoid monster and that's not going to be cute or fun, it's going to be silly and unusual for exactly 1 post and then you're going to end up with a nightmare on your hands - every time you post, you have to remember that your character is totally irrational and you have to come up with his reaction to every individual detail in an insane way.

(I did an insane character one time. It...didn't end well. He died right away because I, along with everyone else in the RP, got instantly sick of his antics. Then he haunted the group...which was HILARIOUS, for some reason, and incredibly fun and interesting. Something about a mentally ill ninja is off-putting and strange, but something about a deranged ghost who keeps possessing your group's electrical appliances is pretty durn funny.)

Side note, though: I like your character a lot and will accept any of his flaws due to the fact that he is reasonably close to my height (I'm 6'8").
DF MQ  Post #: 395
2/3/2016 19:27:14   
Shadownightninja

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I didn't intend for Caine to be someone who is constantly going into a schizophrenic meltdown. The break in his sanity will only truly pertain to situations that call for extensive use of his dimensional spells. And as for connecting to the non combative points in this rp, Caine yearns to rebuild (or at least maintain) the semblance of his humanity. He will attempt to converse and learn from his company, as well as attempting to find what dimensional anomaly ripped each of our adventurers into lore. Since that is his main plot device (considering I didn't completely read this rp before I posted Caine in the rp Academy for review, I find it fitting the situation at hand surprisingly well.) And while his powers seem outlandish, I tend to keep him on the level of everyone else, he just trains in a different realm of magic. Also I apologize to the OP that Caine also seems to be a master of his craft at this point which goes against what you previously posted on limiting our characters.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 396
2/3/2016 22:07:00   
Apocalypse

It seems I've received a temporary promotion. Interesting. What to do, what to do...

And welcome to our new recruits! Jump in the fun anytime now.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 397
2/6/2016 23:34:08   
Sigil

Alright, about to hit my four-day mark again. Posting tomorrow. If need be, I'll mulligan my interaction and/or post an internal monologue about events forthcoming. Either way, I'm curious as to the change of direction with the storyline. Let's get to it.
AQW  Post #: 398
2/6/2016 23:42:42   
Apocalypse

I'll give it a few more days for anyone who needs to catch up, then I'll get this show on the road. Literally.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 399
2/7/2016 9:32:22   
Starstruck

And with this, the lovely beautiful kind of frumpy Jane has entered the tavern.

Depending on my mood, you may or may not get to meet the whole clan over time. You...probably don't want that.
DF MQ  Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: ~*Getting To Know You*~ (It Lives Once Again)
Page 16 of 19«<1415161718>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition