Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= MQ Gameplay Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= MQ Gameplay Feedback Thread
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/17/2013 11:23:10   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By AQ Madness

I'll try to be constructive as possible regarding the state of the game and the direction it is heading based on the quality of releases in addition to the newly released Elite House Mechas.
First off, I feel that Mech Quest seems to be quite understaffed and as the result of this, it has obscured the game's potential when it comes to Starship battles, Epic Missions, Mech releases, and other exciting aspects of the game.

For quite awhile now, the game has received updates that lacked content and at times, missed the touch of quality put forth through out its development unlike it use to. To put it bluntly, the game is ever so slowly being stripped of its content updates be it missions, storylines, and most importantly, the maintenance of quality experience.

After, coming back and playing through the missions, it seems that missions have become stale. They do not feel the same for some reason. I believe its the direction of the story, sometimes I think its the matter or character development. I can't quite put my hand into it.

Furthermore, with recent release of the Elite House Mechas, I have found myself enjoying the game once more like how I used to during the Lagos and Zargon sagas. They look amazing! Fantastic! Nicely done, but not great; I noticed something that disappointed me. The animations were awkward, its art was inconsistent compared to recent models, and the quality of the color schemes was off in my opinion. This was not something I expected, especially of how well designed and animated the Advanced Models were.

Yes, the Mechas are much more powerful now, yes they look more menacing than before, but my perspective is that it boils down to the quality.

Don't get me wrong, I give Vivi all the credit for the hardwork of coding the specials and Maegwynn and Korin, naturally, for their's as well with game's progress and development. Judging from recent DN's they really wanted MQ players to have a great experience with the new models and new releases. They are a wonderful staff to have.

What worries me is that if the art direction of the game stays on the same direction as it is now, there is no doubt other aspects of the game would only follow its downturn of quality. MQ is a 2D flash game. We must acknowledge that for it to be more appealing to it's directed audience, it has to deliver a consistent and qualitative art style, and the only way to keep those that are interested hooked, is through the engagement of the story. WE as players and staff can not just sit idly and let the game be just the one futuristic "generic" flash game.

The game in a way (my POV), has become a long running anime littered with filler episodes; it is deviating from the storyline and it's original artistic values.

AE needs to pay more close attention to Mech Quest, and I feel that it deserves more than overdue releases. It deserves more than questionable artistic schemes. Korin, Vivi, Maegwynn and those that work with them deserve more than this.

Let the game be its own competition again.

Introduce the Gist of the storyline! Cultivate it! Use it to produce something that is worth the player's hype and expectations.
Put it's art direction the way it use to be!

MQ Staff! Ask for volunteers and come up with new ideas! This is MechQuest! Artix spent hundreds of money on robots to lay the foundation of the game! Let us do the same and sacrifice a bit for the greater good of this one game.

Turn MechQuest into a game that can surpass the genuine art of Dragonfable!

*Thank you for taking your time. I hope fellow MQ players will see and understand the points I am coming from. I rely on the veterans, especially them, for they have been here and cherished every single release. They have seen it all.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 176
1/17/2013 11:23:48   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By Thesoulweaver

Agreed! MQ has the most potential among all the AE games. If paid closer attention to, with a larger work team, it can be the best!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 177
1/17/2013 11:24:15   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By runekiri

As I am originally from DF, I don't feel like I can say that I believe MQ could possibly surpass it. (I absolutely love DF's art, and I simply don't think MQ could beat that.)

I do however agree that MQ has not been getting nearly the amount of attention it truly deserves. Out of the AE-games, MQ is my second favorite, (I finally upgraded to Star-captain btw! I think I will now start spending more time around MQGD.) but I believe it got certain issues that needs working on.

With such a small staff, it is not possible for them to work on multiple storylines at the same time, which means they will either have to make only quests related to the main plot, or have a bunch of quests that feel like filler in the middle. With money to hire more people they would be able to work simultaniously on quests, and the "filler"-like quests would actually start feeling like the side-quests that they are supposed to be.

Just having enough money to hire more people would not be enough however. They would also need to be able to find people who could produce content for MQ. In Dragonfable they every now and then pick up an intern to start working on the game, and eventually they become staff members like the rest. I have not been paying too much attention to MQ, but I think the staff currently consists of the same people as it did a few years ago. Some new ideas would also probably be able to spice up the story a bit.

If all of that would work, they would need to find someone who could produce MQ-content (probably some constructive forumite who's been around for long enough to know that he/she is trustworthy); Money to pay this person and time to spare actually looking for people like this.

I would certainly like to see this happen, because MQ definately got a lot of potential, and I would love to see it getting even better.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 178
1/17/2013 11:24:37   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By The Odor

Well I can't quite agree with the dislike for the Elite Mechs (To me it seemed more like the artist was different/the artist had developed since doing the previous mechs... But that is for another thread) but everything else I agree with. But I am filled with hope! The story finale is coming up soon and with logic a chapter 2. Now how to say this.... The finale might be of the other recent quests quality (But I must say Romero was probably my favorite questchain EVAAR!) but an interval between the chapters will be a chance to recharge the batteries, maybe pick up another volunteer or two and get them up to speed and simply set things up properly.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 179
1/17/2013 11:25:01   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By Assassin01

@AQ Madness
I can't really disagree with what you said.As much as I enjoy playing MQ there are times when I would be off for months and not much has changed.As for the releases yes,they have strayed for the storyline and I've often wondered what's the point of going to these random planets but the staff is small so they try to do what they can to make us feel satisfied.I'm no veteran but there's something about this game that keeps me from leaving completely so I'll continue to play.

Forgot to add that if I was able to upgrade to star captain I would,but I live in the Caribbean and the exchange rates aren't kind apart from me not being rich. (It would take roughly $120 for me to upgrade)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 180
1/17/2013 11:25:22   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By Runic Lord

@ OP you are right in saying that we haven't gotten much of the main storyline in the past year. However we have had 2 new planets introduced bringing new animations, quests, weapons, and Mecha. The game is in the same position now as it was in 2011. The game does need some more staff to get more releases out and stuff.. We all know that. But as much as we ask for it it is up to the AE heads to decide what happens. Look at it this way: The game needs improvements but NONE of us can get them. So we should just continue playing the game as we always have and have fun. If you don't like that then log off. =)

I also don't think that the art and graphics of this game are going downhill. The new house mechs are DIFFERENT. much more different than the older mechs. It is this contrast to older mechs that makes you feel like they aren't that good. They will grow on you. I have a feeling the staff are trying out a new style of mech and colors and it is hitting everyone hard
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 181
1/17/2013 11:25:52   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By hijinks

I agree, I do hope they get more staff on MQ, I personally think they focus too much on other games. Like I said in a few threads I had started, MQ has so much potential to become so much more like the OP here stated.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 182
1/17/2013 11:26:11   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By Runic Lord

Here is the reason why not too much attention is paid to MQ... *Drumroll* It is probably the least profitable (I could be wrong) of all AE games. At the end of they day AE is still a business. They will invest in the games that give them more money.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 183
1/17/2013 11:26:32   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By AQ Madness

At the end of the day MQ is still an asset of AE. Think, it's the least profitable then it is usually business instinct to improve and add fresh ideas into the game. If AE was Apple, and MQ was one of it's failing products, you would not see it on shelves in a few months, otherwise, find it secluded in the back room inventory. Instead, Apple would refine it. I believe that is what AE should do. Refine the game.

Over all, my point is, they don't need to invest in more staff to produce a quality experience. In Dragonfable for example, the staff has taken talented volunteers to create the art style that compliments the game so it is as consistent as it is. MQ lacks that consistency and thus fails to hook those that were previously engaged. Because it is a business. And business is all about maintaining the same quality experience that hooked the projected audience while marketing it to a larger player demographics.

I'm not saying that I don't like the game at all, but I know I have the right to say that some aspects of the game need work. I've been a member for 3-4 years investing in my account with NGs and Character SCs. I find the game refreshing compared to AQW, AQ, and DF. What bothers me is the deviating story and the inconsistencies. Although I can look over them, it is very difficult to pretend that it is not there, and evoke myself (or anyone's self), in a state of mind where it is fine the way it is.

Yes the game maybe heading into the direction it was on 2011, but 2011 was not its best years at all.

2011 was the decline of MQ. Monthly Mechas were due late. Releases were due late and at times was only a mere quest or a minigame, or late chassis buffs. The years before, in my opinion, was the prime. It was a time where DN's were posted every other day. Two releases each week. Sneak previews of what was to come (remember the Adv House Model previews? The WarBear Blue print?) that really kept a lot of its players anxious and dying of the anticipation. That time, MQ delivered and surpassed player expectations (Drakel War Armor release + SS invasions).

In terms of art, yes they are quite different. Difference is good. However, difference does not always bring positive results. Saying they are different is a vague conception. Different in what exactly?

If one looks closely, the art style of the elite house models tend to be slightly less polished than it's predecessors. The animation is not as crisp compared to the advanced models. For example, Adv Raven's knuckleduster is an attack animation to be marveled at. Yet, the elite model fails to compare; the movement is awkward as stated in the first post, having the movements of its arms and legs linear as if it is dragging the entire chassis to its direction.

Like I said, I don't despise the mechanics and stature of the models. However, I find that the difference of art between it and the previous models to be too much of a gap. Not everyone likes the way they look. Some love it. Some don't. The point is the ART.

It is to acknowledged that MQ is a 2D game, and designs and ideas are crucial to its delivery of quality experience.

Who ever created the concepts of the New Elite Models and its color scheme. I salute you for the "craftsmanship" of the Mechas. Although I find them exciting to look at, I cannot say they surpass the aura of sophistication the Advanced Models brought to the playerbase.

I only fear that sooner or later, the quality of missions, cut-scenes, and items would follow this path.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 184
1/17/2013 11:26:54   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By Terra

I think this calls for an emergency meeting with Artix himself at the secret underground lab... MQ needs more resources!! Ahem...
There ARE things that I'd like to suggest about MQ but I feel that it's unlikely that they'd get any attention anyway. As for the color schemes, I agree that they are indeed kind of off.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 185
1/17/2013 11:27:14   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By Runic Lord

@ AQ Madness: You my friend are a genius. Get a job with AE they could use you. However I don't think you should be basing the future of the game off these new HMs. I think they are much better (The RH and MR ones are a little simpler) than the advanced versions.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 186
1/17/2013 11:27:35   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By rjy

I'm glad someone else started a thread like this; I was about to. I think MQ is failing really badly. The releases have been late, the design notes have been less frequent and haven't told us what was to come or anything, (Note: This quote from the design notes:
quote:

Pick up a Corrupted or GEARS Edition mecha from the shops at the G.E.A.R.S. Games Camp. If you want the original Nova Gem versions, note that those will be going rare on Saturday 5 January no earlier than noon server time, to be replaced by a model offered with less power at a lower NG pricepoint.
And now they are telling us they will be ready by next week. Will they really? Thanks for the informative DNs) and the newsletter rarely comes out. The releases are so small, and the news so old/flawed it is hard to tell what was actually released. The only things released on holidays for the past couple of years are one or two new weapons, and rather than add those to an existing shop, they add them to their own whop, and then next year they add the two new weapons to their own shop, which makes the holiday screens look cluttered, since they don't rearrange anything or anything. The main screen looks cluttered, too, because rather than add new release buttons into the place they have made for them (news screen) they just add buttons up where they used to be on the top of the screen. They removed those buttons a year or so ago because it made it look cluttered. Hmmm.... They delayed the GEARS Games by 6 months to... what? Get the new house mechs ready? That is the only thing different about the Games, besides every house using Darahmp, which, of course, is also recycled. Does it take 6 months to get a good quality mech now? Oh, wait. I don't even like the new mech's design very much. Since new things are so rarely released, I have 1,000,000,000 (billion) credits. Not a joke. MQ has so much potential, and it seems a shame to waste it with an understaffed team. They need Warlic, the original creator, back helping them or something. That, or add 3 or 4 people to the team. I used to really like MQ. For all the reasons mentioned above and then some, though, I don't any more. If they don't watch it, they could lose the few players they have left.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 187
1/17/2013 11:27:54   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By Frost Moglin

Totally true. We need Warlic and the original team back! I wonder, did they go to developers of another AE game? Anyways, look at AQW. It has huge staff, nice art, good releases and lots of them. I noticed that they had some sort of "Staff Recruitement" once. They gave a format what forumites can fill and then post it somewhere and then the staff chooses some of them. Mayby MQ should do the almost same thing?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 188
1/17/2013 11:28:13   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By megaknighthero

@Frost Moglin
Only if Artix accept this request but it would be a good idea. MQ need some new staff so then MQ will really improve a lot.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 189
1/17/2013 11:28:51   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By Glais @ AQ Madness

There's been a lot of threads like this in the past.
But this is probably the best worded I've ever seen.

Nice job man.
Don't have the means make a lengthy post right now, but I'll just say I definitely agreed on your points on the art. Something I'd been bringing up for months.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 190
1/17/2013 11:29:14   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By Thesoulweaver

@Frost

Warlic works for OverSoul now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 191
1/17/2013 11:29:32   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By megaknighthero

MQ is still always my favourite AE game even if i was not in MQ forum that often anymore. Yes, i totally agreed what AQ madness stated. MQ have the greatest potential AE game that it can rival AQW, so, we hope Artix will really pay some attention to MQ and since the Grand Finale is coming soon, this will be the great opportunity to attract the players and make MQ popular once again. I want to see this happening in the near future.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 192
1/17/2013 11:29:58   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By Runic Lord

Hmm I really don't see the point of complaining over the constant weapon releases. At the end of the day what makes MQ great is the combat and the strategy and planning involved (especially for PvP) If they kept tossing story releases i'm sure a lot of players wouldn't like it one bit. The stroyline is great and all that but it is the challenging combat and the customization needed to do it that keeps people happy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 193
1/17/2013 11:30:17   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By jlnod15

Sure we are getting new mechs and weapons. But the story been lacking. The hoilday events have been a bit off. And well MQ is understaffed. :I So I see no complains. I see a pile of worryed players. Seeing this game possible getting worse and worse.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 194
1/17/2013 11:30:37   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By MQ4ever

I agree, We've had planet romero for so long, also where's J6, Jemini, Warlics weapons & Queendadent?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 195
1/17/2013 11:31:00   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By lord valoth

MQ is, without a doubt, getting the short end of the stick. it used to be amazing and the story would actually continue throughout the months! Since the vampire planet (I forget the name) the updates and releases have been taking nose dives! the dragonoid saga has so many holes in it, it's like Swiss cheese! if AE could get the original people back on this game, it would surely rise past dragonfable and EpicDuel.

I've been playing this game since it came out, I like it 10000000 times more than any of the other games, why cant AE see that this game has great potential?

@Runic
I'm just saying, there's not really that much planning or strategy with any of the new bosses or even enemies, the vampire lord guy was a challenge and i enjoyed beating his face in but then they stopped putting challenging fights in except for the SC club challenges which aren't really worth completing... Just saying...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 196
1/17/2013 11:31:33   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By MQ4ever

True, out of all of their games, MQ has the most potential.
Why:
1. Easily set out.
2. Easy to move.
3. Easy battle.
4. Mechs (The best machines!)
5. Customization
6. Futuristic.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 197
1/17/2013 11:31:53   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By lord valoth

Also why I like this game is because its a lot like Halo. Me being a guy who has been playing halo since he was 6, I feel at home with this game! like what MQ4ever said, its a very simple game! like halo, it takes things that seem improbable and makes them probable, like giant mech wreaking havoc!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 198
1/17/2013 11:32:13   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By Runic Lord

@ lord valoth: Yah the storyline has been VERY choppy but like I said that isn't the core of MQ. Strip away the whole storyline and just keep releasing weapons and MQ won't really suffer considering we have been in a similar position for a few months. Strip away all the challenging combat and BOOM the game has nothing left. And as bosses worth completing... why not complete them for the challenge and fun of doing them? is that not enough? Baron Dante spent over a day trying to beat the turkey boss, he probably had a blast doing it, planning for it and attempting it. I know I had a blast trying to beat Jawseph on extreme meltface mode. It took me over 2 hours (nothing compared to Baron) but it was a challenge and it was very fun. The boss fights in this game are VERY challenging while on extreme mode and even meltface if you are a serious pro. All the new bosses have been challenging. The Gladerp maze fights, the ENTIRE vampire planet, the Terravolt. Don't say that the latest bosses arn't challenging. I dare you to go fight them on extreme meltface with just a simple crit build. You aren't going to get very far.

@jlnod: We ARE worried players. We love this game and are just pitching in our ideas and arguments about how to improve it

Remember everyone who keep posting here (I have this feeling it might get locked) you have to think about this from not a staffing and in-game problem perspective. But a business perspective as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 199
1/17/2013 11:32:31   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

By hijinks

Man, how long has it been since the last main storyline update if you guys are saying THAT? O_o
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= MQ Gameplay Feedback Thread
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition