Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Official Riddle Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Riddle Thread
Page 10 of 17«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/24/2010 19:55:59   
Artimus

all right, prepare for meh epic riddle!

there are three bozes, one of nuts, one of bolts, and one of nuts and bolts, they are all labeled incorrectly, and you can only take one item out of any box, how can you label all three boxes correctly?

spoiler:

grab one out of box labeled both. whatever you grab, that box will be what you took. if it was a nut, the box labeled both will be nuts, the box labeled nuts will be bolts, and the box labeled bolts will be both. if it was a bolt, the box labeled both would be bolts, the box labeled bolts would be nuts, nuts would be both

it is confusing, but it works!

ok next

there are two trolls, and two doors. one troll only lies, not trickery' lies. the other always tells the truth. the doors lead to heaven and hell. what single question can you ask to get into heaven?

spoiler:

you ask, if you were the other troll, and i asked you which door was heaven, what door would you point to? The truth troll would be honest, and point to hell. the lying troll would lie about it, and point to hell, so you simply take the other door!

< Message edited by Seahawkfan -- 4/24/2010 19:59:21 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 226
4/24/2010 20:05:02   
lonewulfy
Banned

spoiler:

Whatever you take out of the box labelled: "Nuts and Bolts", switch the label with the one that is the one you pulled out. Then, simply switch the remaining labels.

Question 2: You forgot the spoiler tags.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 227
4/24/2010 21:34:07   
Artimus

they were there, i just put [/spoiler] in the front... O_o i fixed it tho
AQ MQ  Post #: 228
4/24/2010 22:18:41   
Robowarrior forum

i heard a differnt version of the second one it goes You are a famous explorer and are looking for the lost city of armika when you come across a cross road one road leads to head hunters who will kill you and the other road is to the lost city two identicle twins are beside the road one always lies one always tells the truth what question do you ask you can only ask one question
Post #: 229
4/25/2010 13:15:00   
Artimus

spoiler:

you, dont, you run away, get an airplane, and fly over both roads :D
AQ MQ  Post #: 230
4/28/2010 0:34:38   
PlungerMistress

A man went on a trip with a fox, a goose, and a sack of corn. He came upon a stream which he had to cross and found a tiny boat to use to cross the stream. He could only take himself and one other - the fox, the goose, or the corn - at a time. He could not leave the fox alone with the goose or the goose alone with the corn. How does he get all safely over the stream?
Post #: 231
5/1/2010 20:53:57   
Artimus

spoiler:

first he takes the chicken across, he drops i off, he goes back. he takes the corn across, then the chicken back. he takes the fox across, and then the chicken across, all is well now! :D
AQ MQ  Post #: 232
5/1/2010 21:09:46   
lonewulfy
Banned

spoiler:

^ Shotgun the fox and chicken, then throw them all across the river. Cross yourself.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 233
5/2/2010 7:44:03   
Max_Overlord

So (this riddle may be wrote, but Im just too lazy to look through this thread):
There comes 2 legs with 1 leg
2 legs put the 1 leg on there legs
2 legs leave
Now comes 4 legs and grabs 1 leg
5 legs leave
Again comes 2 legs see 3 legs, grab them a throw them on 4 legs
3 legs leave

Easy riddle :P
Post #: 234
6/1/2010 4:58:14   
SoulWing

A black dog was lying in the middle of a black road with white lanes and the streetlights were turned off. A car with it's lights turned off drives down the street, and swerves to miss the dog.

How did he know the dog was there?

spoiler:

It was daytime
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 235
6/6/2010 11:14:52   
Reaper Sigma

Here's a riddle that may be similar to one stated before. Don't have time to look.

Two planes leave from the same airport, one going east and one west. They are going to the same location, at the exact opposite side of the world. They leave at the same time and go at the exact same speed as each other. However, the plane going east arrives there first. How is this possible?

spoiler:

The Earth's rotation. The plane going west is going with the rotation of the Earth, while the one going east is going against the rotation. As such, the plane going east has less distance to travel.

< Message edited by Reaper0001 -- 6/6/2010 14:33:09 >
Post #: 236
7/2/2010 11:33:44   
Soph the Crazed One
Friendly!

Here's a quick one:

Your aquarium is half full and you want to add more water. You need 7 litres of water but you have only 2 pitchers; the first pitcher can carry 5 litres of water in it and the second one can carry 3 litres. How can you fill the pitchers, so that you have 7 litres?

Answer:
spoiler:

Fill up the 5-litre pitcher. With the water in it, fill the 3-litre pitcher and empty it. Then, pour the remaining water which is in the 5-litre pitcher in the 3-litre pitcher and fill up again the 5-litre pitcher. That way, you'll have exactly 7 litres of water to fill your aquarium with!

< Message edited by sophieaf -- 7/3/2010 5:01:31 >
DF AQW  Post #: 237
7/4/2010 3:28:01   
pestilence2000

heres some new riddles for ya
in the morning i walk on four legs, in the afternoon iwalk on two, in the evening i walk on three legs, what am I?
sight i fight and im the light in this city of evil,i dont want to fight where there is no light this place is medieval,my kind is dark but theyre not my kin for i alone show no evil.

Rockon for Battleon and all the other games!
DF  Post #: 238
7/11/2010 17:29:42   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@above The first one is man. It's the great riddle of the Sphinx.

If a train is traveling in your direction at speeds of over 100 MPH will you die when it passes by?
spoiler:

No. It passes by. It doesn't hit you.

You are in the middle of a barren field. You were punished by the king of your village to paint the Holy Fence. The fence is 100 ft from end to end. A single board is 1 foot across. You only have enough paint to cover the fence once. You are not allowed to return to the village, for any reason, until the fence is painted or else the king will execute you. It takes you 20 minutes to paint exactly 1/3 of a board and there are 100 boards. How long will it take to paint the fence?
spoiler:

Pretty long considering the only thing you have is enough paint for the fence and no brush. Going to town is out of the option also.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 239
7/25/2010 20:52:04   
idkaname

The riddle might already be here but, this thread is crazy long so...

A son,2 fathers,and a grandfather go fishing
they each catch one fish,but when they get home only 3 fish are left,none of them were stolen,lost, or eaten,or given away.
What happened?

spoiler:

The grandfather is the father of the father

< Message edited by idkaname -- 8/11/2010 19:21:05 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 240
7/28/2010 23:23:13   
Arzamol

quote:

i heard a differnt version of the second one it goes You are a famous explorer and are looking for the lost city of armika when you come across a cross road one road leads to head hunters who will kill you and the other road is to the lost city two identicle twins are beside the road one always lies one always tells the truth what question do you ask you can only ask one question
This.
DF  Post #: 241
7/29/2010 3:19:09   
Highlord Sendai

A well known one but a good one at best.
What walks on 4 legs in the morning, 2 legs in the evening and 4 legs at night.

spoiler:

Humans
At the beginning of life (the morning) he crawls as a baby on all fours. During the middle of his life he walks on two legs (noon) and at the end of his life (the night) he walks with a cane (three legs). The cane is an ancient symbol representing knowledge according to Egyptian belief.

Also,
another one.

A astronaut awakens inside a small transparent capsule sitting on the surface of Venus. From a small speaker he hears a voice that says,
"We will leave you here for a Day or a Year. If you choose to stay a Day, you will get $1Million. If you choose to stay a year, we will give you $2Million. Either way, you will have sufficient food and water. We will make sure the temperature is a constant 70 degrees Fahrenheit. We will also supply Cable TV. What is your choice?"

What did the astronaut choose and why?

spoiler:

He chose to stay one year and get $2Million. Venus takes 493 Earth Days to rotate on it's own axis, but it takes Earth 225 Earth Days to go around the sun. On Venus, a Day is longer than a year

One more, Einstein's Riddle.

There are 5 houses with 5 different color's in a row. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The 5 owners, drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owner's have the same pet, type of beverage or brand of cigar.

Other Facts:

• The Brit lives in the red house
  • The Swede keeps dogs as pets
  • The Dane drinks tea
  • The green house is on the immediate left of the White house
  • The green house's owner drinks coffee
  • The owner who smokes Pall Mall rears birds
  • The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill
  • The man living in the center house drinks Milk
  • The Norwegian lives in the first house
  • The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats
  • The one who own's the horse lives next to the one who smokes Dunhill
  • The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who drinks Water

Who owns the fish?:

spoiler:

The German sits in his Green House, smoking his Prince Cigar's, drinking coffee and watching his Fish.

Other Answers:
1st House - Yellow, Norwegian, Water, Dunhill, Cat
2nd House - Blue, Danish, Tea, Blends, Horses
3rd House - Red, British, Milk, Pall Mall, Birds
4th House - Green, German, Coffee, Prince Cigar's, Fish
5th House - White, Swedish, Beer, Blue Master, Dogs
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 242
8/17/2010 20:41:42   
RocketSnail

A cowboy enters town on Friday, stays for 3 days but leaves on Friday, how is this possible
spoiler:

The horse's name is Friday

A man works at a butcher shop. He's 6 feet tall, and wears size 9 shoes. What does he weigh?
spoiler:

Meat.
AQ DF  Post #: 243
8/18/2010 12:15:43   
stromy

Another famous problem:

Suppose you're on a game show and you're given the choice of three doors [and will win what is behind the chosen door]. Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats [unwanted booby prizes]. The car and the goats were placed randomly behind the doors before the show. The rules of the game show are as follows: After you have chosen a door, the door remains closed for the time being. The game show host, Monty Hall, who knows what is behind the doors, now has to open one of the two remaining doors, and the door he opens must have a goat behind it. If both remaining doors have goats behind them, he chooses one [uniformly] at random. After Monty Hall opens a door with a goat, he will ask you to decide whether you want to stay with your first choice or to switch to the last remaining door. Imagine that you chose Door 1 and the host opens Door 3, which has a goat. He then asks you "Do you want to switch to Door Number 2?" Is it to your advantage to change your choice?

spoiler:

You should switch doors.

< Message edited by stromy -- 8/18/2010 12:18:50 >
AQ DF  Post #: 244
9/6/2010 0:11:50   
Xan78

@stormy

After you choose a door and he reveals that the third is a goat it is more in your favor to switch doors as you will have a 66.7% chance to win.

I don't know how it works but it does

EDIT: Here's a riddle: Three men go fishing out on a lake. The boat tips over and they sink to the bottom but not a single man drowns. How is this possible?

spoiler:

They're all married [spoiler/]

EDIT2: I figured it out alright if you did this game show 300 times 200/300 on average you would pick the wrong car so since you pick the wrong one and Monty eliminates one from the start if you switch you should get the car. Of course the 100 times you would actually pick the car and switch you would lose, but 2/3 ain't bad.

< Message edited by Xan78 -- 9/6/2010 0:29:34 >
DF MQ  Post #: 245
9/6/2010 5:53:20   
IcYiE04

@stromy

I still dont get the logic behind that. Care to explain? At least somebody pm me or something xD
AQ DF  Post #: 246
9/27/2010 10:20:30   
Master K

Heres a fun riddle...

Investigaters find a body in the middle of a wheat field. Leading up to the body are 2, perfectly paralell lines.

One Investigator goes into town to find suspects.

When he sees one woman, he knew it was her. How?

spoiler:

The woman was in a wheelchair (hence, wheelchair lines in the field! She went to the spot, dumped the body, and left in the same pathway)

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 247
9/28/2010 8:54:01   
Zakristone

A barber shaves only people who don't shave themselves, does he shave?

spoiler:

It's a paradox, there is no real answer :D

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 248
9/28/2010 21:22:48   
Superemo
Constructive!

No, it's not. At least, not in a town with two or more barbers.

A man plans to take a 50000 mile trip. He sees his car needs new tires, so he goes and buys a new set. Each tire is guaranteed to 40000 miles, but not an inch over. How many tires should he buy for his trip?

spoiler:

5. He should replace one of his tires every 10000 miles with the spare. Each tire will take only 40000 miles worth of wear.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 249
9/28/2010 22:19:44   
Age100

What has 4 legs in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and 3 at night?
AQ DF  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Riddle Thread
Page 10 of 17«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition