Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= Ultimate Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= Ultimate Class Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 12«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/21/2010 11:55:26   
Drakion Lycor

It's a tier one class. You're not expected to survive long in it when going up against high-leveled monsters.

But anyways, Assassin FTW. Sure Necromancer can do tons of damage, but can do deal non-elemental attacks and insta-kill monsters?
AQ  Post #: 201
12/21/2010 11:56:23   
xxxAtogxxx

Class armours are supposed to be used only at low levels. Wizard's is due to get revamped (hopefully before the end of the next year).
AQ  Post #: 202
12/21/2010 12:00:47   
Darquess

Good, it is not very good. I only used it to get to Necromancy. The wizard cloak looks weird too. Assasin isnt an option for adventurers or new players, you have to be lvl 70 and be a lvl 10 ninja i think.
Post #: 203
12/21/2010 12:20:28   
Chii
Legendary KoO Snugglebunny

spyke: I can honestly say it's not amazing, mostly because I know that's a bug. EoN is not supposed to always restore mana. In fact, the only time it's supposed to touch mana at all is on its 10% chance of full reversion or when a monster has performed a mana damage attack upon you.

Darquess: Adventurers can reach level 10 in any updated class. This includes Fighter, Mage, Wizard, Ninja, Pirate, and Assassin. They can still only use five abilities, but can get the full benefit of the class's scaling (offense, defense and the power of abilities increases based on class level).

Mage is designed for levels 10-30, as a tier 1. That makes it unlikely to be very useful for a level 72 who isn't using the metamagics, yes. I find it kind of amusing that you complain about it having more variety than just the Elemental Orb spells -- back in my day, people HATED Mage because it had so little variety of abilities...

< Message edited by Chii -- 12/21/2010 12:25:18 >
AQ  Post #: 204
12/21/2010 12:25:16   
Darquess

When did adventurers start being alowed to do all 10 class quests. When I was an adventurer, you could only do five in a class.
Plus, the first class in mage is the only class where you learn any magick, all the others are about summening or changing power, so it is not an offensive armour.
As I said in another post, its not a defensive armour either, because its defense is pitiful. Melee defense:23
Magic Defense:32
When you consider starting off as a warrior as apposed to the mage, i cant understand why anyone would choose mage. Its only use was that it used to make you invicible because the elemental spell only cost 30MP. Now it cost 120MP. Necromancy is brilliant though. Wizard isnt brilliant.

< Message edited by Darquess -- 12/21/2010 12:30:25 >
Post #: 205
12/21/2010 12:31:32   
Chii

Quite awhile ago, when Fighter/Mage/Rogue were first updated. *Checks* 9/10/2007.

Not all the classes have been updated to allow this, but it's the plan for all of them. Some of the first classes we updated also need to be tweaked to scale more properly and to remove any lingering passive defense bonuses (or else tweak them to be more useful, since an armor which already has scaling defense doesn't need defense tiering unless it does something the scaling does not already accomplish).

There's also a movement to tweak which skills adventurers receive from 1,2,3,4,5 to 1,3,5,7,9 to better encourage them to train to level 10, as well as prevent clustering of power around level 5 (which is a symptom of the first skill arrangement -- see Berserker for an example).

< Message edited by Chii -- 12/21/2010 12:36:09 >
AQ  Post #: 206
12/21/2010 12:33:55   
Khimera

32 magic defence is poor? That's the maximum allowed on a level 10 armour - Which is what Mage is.
Post #: 207
12/21/2010 12:34:31   
Darquess

Quite a while ago......I think the vampire outfit should be a bit more.....better looking. I mean vampires are the best looking undead, so why have they got the worst uniform of the undead. The graphics for the new Dracopyre are astounding, and even werewolves look better now.

A LEVEL 10 ARMOUR.......I think even most new players are higher than that in a day. Though it is quite high if you have just started out, reached level 10 and then stop.
Post #: 208
12/21/2010 12:39:11   
spyke2009

Well it's not supposed to do everything, if it did there would be no need for other armors it's something you slip into for it's amazing bursts of magical damage and then switch out and into a defensive plate it depends on what you're fighting really, and increasing blocking can be done through miscs and a half decent shield so that 23 can be raised up pretty easily

A quick look at your character page say's it all, your stats are incredibly spread out and it's costing you badly I would think, you're also a martial artist class which is probably not a good idea unless you're training it currently although personally I wouldn't bother at your level as you're past where it would even be useful tbh

I recommend you stop by the ultimate guides in the help section which will tell you what is worth buying and training :)
Post #: 209
12/21/2010 12:39:31   
Chii

You won't reach beyond level 10 if there's no equipment at level 10, which is what tier 1 armors would constitute. Plus they'll be scaling to level 30, meaning that equipment will last a relatively long time (longer with XP being lower than it used to be at low levels, so they're not quite such a rush).
AQ  Post #: 210
12/21/2010 13:42:26   
spyke2009

^ unless they're x guardians in which case it's a little faster lol

Still I reckon the problem is more the build not the class armor, level 70+ with 50 INT stat is not gonna find much use in mage class armor
Post #: 211
12/22/2010 5:09:49   
Darquess

Actually im not martial artist, its just the last class i went to.
Considering this thread is about all classes, most people seem to have alot to say about one. I suppose it depends on what type of player you are.
How did you see my character page? Remember, the sweep will get rid of the Eye of Nab and stuff that is useful fifty level after you bought them. Look at Falerins own thread about it.

On another note the sea scourge pirate armour was brilliant, I only sold it to get the highest Draconpyre armour. It had an eye patch!

< Message edited by Darquess -- 12/22/2010 5:47:43 >
Post #: 212
12/22/2010 9:23:25   
Jakau Ryuu

@Darquess: See where your avatar is? Look below it, there's a little button labeled "AQ". Since you provided your character ID, we can see your character page. And yeah, your build is... a little too spread out to be effective, but that's a topic for Q&A.
-----------------
@Chii: I imagine this's been asked before, but considering how the subrace armors will function similarly to class armors, Post-Sweep, would they be another topic of discussion here now?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 213
12/22/2010 9:34:49   
Darquess

I just spent 5 minutes doing some character building.

Honestly I never had any problem before, but now Im killing monster far quicker. Instead of 3minute fights Im killing them in a few shots with my added luck.
Post #: 214
12/22/2010 10:19:35   
Drakion Lycor

@Darquess: You do know that it's not a good idea to spread out your points across all six stats, right?
AQ  Post #: 215
12/22/2010 10:48:48   
Darquess

.....Not if you cannot afford too.

Does depend on gamer style
Post #: 216
12/22/2010 10:51:21   
Khimera

@Drakion: "Noob" builds shouldn't be too bad once more post-sweep gear is released - I mean, yeah, everybody using them will get their faces eaten by everything they fight, but there's a slim chance they could pull the build off with very select equipment choices and lots of RL Luck.
Post #: 217
12/22/2010 10:56:59   
Darquess

Apparently the Eye of Naab, you know, the one thats usefull 50 levels after you can first purchase it will be getting axed. So level 50 mages will actualy have to learn somthing else.
Hopefully, it will stop this 'noob' build of adventurers maxed out the mage and just stick with it, making the warrior build more popular

< Message edited by Darquess -- 12/22/2010 10:59:04 >
Post #: 218
1/15/2011 19:03:48   
Trash Talker
Banned

Assassin abilities are extremely helpful. All in a days work against Krenos.

Necromancer... UNDEAD GIANT AND MUTANT RULE THE WORLD.

And so does... Mage. Hallelujah.
Post #: 219
1/15/2011 19:15:16   
Lazikid02

What do you mean it is going to get axed? it is going rare? is it losing it's effect?
AQ  Post #: 220
1/15/2011 19:16:06   
Khimera

@above: The effect is amazingly broken and as such will be fixed - Either via nerfing or removing.
Post #: 221
1/15/2011 19:33:24   
Lazikid02

Just wondering how would one nerf the effect?
AQ  Post #: 222
1/15/2011 19:43:13   
Khimera

Giving it a cost, a save roll, capping how much it heals... lots of possibilities.
Post #: 223
1/15/2011 19:45:34   
Mordred

A combination of those, actually, as one alone wouldn't be enough.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 224
1/15/2011 20:02:18   
Lazikid02

I hope they dont, I like my eye of naab, its effect is useful for monsters like the current one in the void on the adventurer server

heh
AQ  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= Ultimate Class Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 12«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition