Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= Ultimate Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= Ultimate Class Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 12«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/17/2011 11:12:32   
Kalen Obsidia

Thanks Elryn. So is there a difference between an Archmage and an archmage lol?
AQ DF  Post #: 251
7/17/2011 11:12:39   
Muchiha

Thank you Elryn :)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 252
7/17/2011 11:13:49   
DwagonSlayerz

beleq something isnt he dead?? anyways i want this as an ultimate class
Kage!!! or a ninja leader it will be great archmage is gonna be super nonetheless
DF  Post #: 253
7/17/2011 11:18:13   
Elryn

Custodian (DF)

*grins* Most welcomed.

We manage to bring back Beleqwaya in the restoration quest.
AQ  Post #: 254
7/17/2011 14:40:05   
Darquess

Mages are stupidly weak, even a charged one would be inferior

Yes, it is ArchMagi that the Archmagi learned from....nice grammer there.

They are all Archmagi, Warlic,Beleqwaya and the rest.
Falrin is actualy the learner, having only recently learned this form of magic....as shown in the restoration.

I rest my case :)
Post #: 255
7/17/2011 15:17:13   
Muchiha

quote:

Darquess: Mages are stupidly weak

Off topic: I have no intention of starting an argument, but Darquess that comment is unnecessary.

On Topic: Oh yeah, I forgot about Guerro Tempus.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 256
7/19/2011 15:47:17   
Elryn

Custodian (DF)

After going through the quest again, I hesitate in saying that Guerro Tempus was definitely a member of the Order. He is not explicitely said to be so.
AQ  Post #: 257
7/19/2011 15:56:24   
ArchMagus Orodalf

No, the Archmagi did not necessarily learn from the ArchMagi. The Archmagi are merely magic users called such in memory of the true ArchMagi.

And Bele and Kal were indeed members of the original Order.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kalanyr

In current speech the term Archmage refers to any extremely powerful magic user, this title stems from a group of powerful mages in the past who were known as the Order of ArchMages, who were destroyed in the same coming of The'Galin that made the Eternal eternal. Warlic is the an archmage of the first kind, Kalanyr and Beleqwaya are the last two members of that Order and it is the secrets of that order they will teach.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 258
7/21/2011 4:11:42   
Darquess

Off topic: Muchila, bring on the argument....

Warlic is not an archmage
Bele and Kal are.
Since Falrin is learned in this practise, he is an Archmage too.
Post #: 259
7/21/2011 10:45:54   
Vharius

Right now i'm using ultraguardian armour because i like it more than class armours, but i'm levelling beastmaster for the double pet calling, i think that's pretty ridiculous.
Post #: 260
9/12/2011 19:39:45   
chrono2

my favourite is the Wizard class, it can do high damage with any element, has a separate armour for all the main elements, AND it takes away the annoying random element change in the Guardian Blade!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 261
6/11/2012 13:27:54   
battlesiege15

my favorite class right now is Assassin. the Initiative bonus is super nice against essences ^__^
AQ AQW  Post #: 262
6/11/2012 15:07:09   
Homecat52

I just want to ask, is there any plans on remaking the Beserker class?
DF MQ  Post #: 263
6/12/2012 9:34:38   
Draco 359

Off Topic:I also have a question,about the Knight Class,will there be varaints added for each of the 8 elemental clans...the stupidest thing about the Knight class in my opinion is that the Knight trainer trains you to be a knight for a kingdom you haven't even explored.....

On topic:My favorite is the Dracomancer Class,though I wish it were updated to last me a little while longer
AQ  Post #: 264
10/31/2012 5:56:56   
Unbeatable

I am more of a magic user so I like wizard. Is archmage out yet? http://aq.battleon.com/build30/charview.asp?temp=23877086
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 265
10/31/2012 15:35:08   
Dragon Blade Master

Dracomancer strikes me as the best class out there. It's perfect for those Hyrbid Players, such as myself (obvious bias). Just like dragons, they're capable of fighting with physical and magical forms of damage. Tooth and claw or breath weapons aren't much different than swords and spells at their core. What I am hoping to see out of Dracomancer when it is revamped is some Toggle Transformations that bring us closer to being Half Dragons (or even full Dragons, such as how Cyrus transformed at the end of the Wyvern Rider War), as well as some draconic breath-weapons that deal various elemental damage (maybe as-weapon). I'd also like the ability to inflict a subtler version of Dragon Fear on my opponent. Maybe there could be elemental splits as with the Wizard Robes, that way you can have elemental coverage for every element or a generalist version.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 266
11/3/2012 18:58:01   
lightriftwalker122

is palladin strong / worth it is it ofensive is it worth it to train like assasin is for rougues but palladin is for warriors and which is better pally or necro

does pally have the same power as assasin but for warriors
Post #: 267
12/28/2012 2:51:00   
99th Dracopyre

I hope they will revamp some of my favorite classes: "Beast Master" and "Dracomancer".
Since Dragon Slayer is already updated, it would be nice to see its counter-part to have the same strength.

Also, I hope the Martial Artist class gets one class that is some sort of "Grand Master" which is more powerful than all the other Styles.

~Draco
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 268
12/28/2012 8:12:03   
Darius

@DB Master: Dracomancer is my favorite old class, as well. I can't wait until it gets swept, I'm sure I'll be completely satisfied with whatever they do to it. Shadowslayer was another class sweep I had highly anticipated, and it didn't disappoint. The only thing I didn't like was the devs diverting it away from slaying the shadows of racism and deception with the light of truth, and switching gears to being a crossover with the shadow arc involving Erebus and the SeekRat.

@LightRiftwalker: Paladin is severely outdated and in dire need of sweeping. It's not designed as a warrior's assassin parallel, it's more of a tanking class for warriors or hybrids. Just use Assassin for now, it's just as useful to warriors as it is to rogues. When ArchKnight class comes out in the distant future, it'll replace Assassin for warrior builds. Necromancer is a mage-based class, and is also severely outdated. The only use you might find for it is untraining stats with that one skill that cuts your HP to heal MP.

@99th Dracopyre: If that change to the class system is ever realized, then Guardians will get higher-level versions of all class armors, like Grand Master versions, with stronger skills and increased longevity. Also, tier 3 classes will extend into the Lv.150 range in terms of both usefulness and training requirements.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 269
12/28/2012 12:40:38   
Archmopecake

@Darius Necro and Paladin are both outdated but do have OPish capabilities that can be useful. I used Lay on Hands a lot to fight high level monsters I couldn't have without it until high level Tundra Reavers forced me to get an ice armour into my top slots, and I recently learned Necros can cast Fear which seems to be a guaranteed hit that nerfs magic/ranged/melee blocking by 3 per hit, so I'm thinking of using both on something. If Beastmaster can summon two pets maybe I'll use all three :p

Also have great memories of using holy might and a Dragonblade to uberpwn dragons.

Necro Edit: I've gotten this feeling that something is soon coming.

< Message edited by Archmopecake -- 3/29/2013 9:01:27 >

AQ  Post #: 270
10/14/2017 16:59:22   
Muchiha

I hope this thread is the right place for this post of mine

Alright, this is what you've all been waiting for people! My full review and thoughts on the Lycan Class!

Disclaimer: For the skills, I've only posted parts of the Skill and Descriptions, the AQ Staff have yet to post the actual damage numbers / specific SP costs for the rest of the armor tiers (especially for the higher level ones).

Lycan Class Skill Review

quote:

ORIGINAL: In Media Res

Class title bonus: +10% outgoing weapon, spell, pet, and guest damage against vampires.

Pretty straightforward, so nothing much to say here

quote:

Level 1 - Wolf Claws. Costs the listed SP. You perform a normal attack. If the attack connects, then the monster starts Bleeding (power:1). The monster can resist with a save at a +0 bonus (inflict with [MainStat]/LUK, resist with END/LUK). Respects your weapon Special.

Just by looking at the first skill alone, Lycan is showing up to be something really fun and interesting to use

This class is going to push the boundaries of " Bleed", one of my favorite Status Effects / DOTs in the game to the MAX! Wolf Claws would be one of the few reliable sources for players to not only inflict Bleed, but to stack it.

My mind is racing just thinking of the possible item combinations that compliment this skill, to make the Power of the Bleed status even higher! (Which equals to higher damage baby! - as long as the bleed lasts haha!) Let me throw you guys some examples that pair well to the Wolf Claws skill

Weapons: Flaming Bouquet, Dainashini Katana. Crystalline Weapon series (Melee, Ranged, Magic) There are plenty of other weapons i haven't listed, so I am just going to stick with these to illustrate my first point. Any weapon that is able to inflict "Bleeding" will synergize perfectly with Wolf Claws's ability to further stack Bleed and increase it's potency.

Spells: Vizalain Vision An MP-based spell that gives a chance to inflict Bleed or increases the power level if the Monster currently has Bleed.

Misc: Legendary Shadow Crystal V1 (Hydra Day) - While having this misc active on Hydra Day, ANY and ALL attacks you perform have a chance at inflicting Bleed or increases the power level if the Monster currently has Bleed. Using this misc in addition to the above items, and you have a "Bleeding" extravaganza. (I'm sure the Vampires / Were-Pyres out there would love that >.> )

Pets: Scarab Pet series - This special pet gives the Player a Status Effect called "Bleed Potence", increasing the chances of Wolf Claws to successfully cause "Bleeding".

Ally Assist: Aquella All players are able to summon Aquella to cause bleeding / further bleeding!

And the best part is? This doesn't even include the HAX Purple Rain Stack Combo that can send Bleed's power levels to over 9000.

Update: For anyone out there that has purchased the recent Artix Entertainment Calendar or doesn't but has the money to spend:

The Shadow Walker of Time Set has a few items worth paying attention to:

ShadowWalker's Shield of Time - Special effect: Causes the monster to bleed when the player is able to successfully block an attack

Shadow Walker of Time Armor - One of it's skills, named Sands of the Hourglass is able to inflict the "Fragile Status" lowering a monster's END stat, resulting in Bleed being easier to inflict.

quote:

Level 2 - Lycan Healing. Regenerate (Your Max HP at [Powlvl] with your current END)/400 HP per turn.

Straight forward and is expected of the Lycan Class to have this!

quote:

Level 3 - Lycan Reflexes. Toggle, boosts DEX like the Fujin shield. Costs the listed SP per turn.

If anyone finds value in this DEX boost, here's something that may be fun to try (if you would count this as "fun" of course :p)

Shield: Fujin Shield (+50 DEX for the highest level version of this shield)

Misc: Anything that gives a large DEX boost such as Legendary Shadow Crystal V2 (+50 DEX on "Sphinx Day" and "Chimera Day" for the highest level versions of this item)

Spell: If you are at a high level and have some MP to spare, use the spell Moonwalker's Grace (DEX Boost ranges from +84 to +86)

Assuming you use the highest-level Lycan armor with the +50 DEX boost toggle:
Use these items together and congratulations! If you're a high level player with 200 DEX, with the addition of the above items, your Dexterity can easily be OVER 400!

quote:

Level 4 - Snarl. Skill, costs the listed SP. Does no damage, but the monster becomes Afraid (4 rounds, 50/51 chance of not acting). The monster can resist with a save at a +20 bonus (inflict with [MainStat]/LUK, resist with CHA/LUK). Doesn't respect your weapon Special.

For anyone that loves to frighten and terrify their foes to oblivion, this is the skill for you!

Snarl is one of the skills that standout for this class. A tribute to the "Fear" that Alpha Werewolves in AQ apply to cause us to shake in terror, Snarl is no different. With a high chance of the monster not acting once successfully inflicted, Snarl creates more opportunities for the player to have a increased chance of extra turns, all the while preventing opponents from attacking. This is wonderful from an Offensive and Defensive perspective, proving advantageous in any combat scenario.

For those of us that have any components of the Terror Set (Weapon, Shield, Armor, Misc) in addition to knowing how to properly use their special effects, Snarl is a skill that perfectly synergizes with them as it gives another way to inflict Fear and enhance it. I don't think I need to go in depth to explain all the individual Terror Set items and their abilities with the "Afraid" status, I'm sure you guys can just go look up the items on your own time.

Having the Terror Set's misc (Helm) equipped will raise Snarl's success rate of making the monster Afraid.

Note: For Mages & Magic Weapon users - Before using this skill, switch to a Ranged weapon, since the skill has a lower SP cost than using it with a Magic weapon. Doing this will save you some SP.

quote:

5) Call Pack

Calls a werewolf guest to fight.

Guest's attack is three hits, Melee Earth. The attack does -16.47% damage. If at least one hit connects, the monster can be inflicted with Defence Loss (-2*[hits connected] MRM, 2 rounds). The monster can resist with a save at a +0 bonus (inflict with CHA/LUK, resist with DEX/LUK).

Note: The guest's PowLvl is set when you call it; the guest won't level up if you level up.

A nice addition to the Class, this guest has a useful skill to decrease your opponent's defences, giving your attacks an increased chance to hit. For monsters with high MRM (Melee/Ranged/Magic Combat Defences) this is especially helpful.

quote:

6) Healing Howl

END-based healing spell. *0.85 damage for always hitting, but no *0.9 (it's tied to the armour, so not "always useful")

A Heal spell that costs SP to use, nothing much to say here.

quote:

7) Lycan Vigor

Regen the listed SP per turn. (Rounded randomly.)

The full list of numerical values for the rest of the tiers have yet to be released, so I'll simply move on to my explanation for this particular Passive skill. Since the Lycan Class skills require lots of SP to utilize (especially at higher levels),Lycan Vigor tries to give players more chances to have a decent amount of SP with increased amounts of SP regeneration.

For players with the Werewolf Subrace, this class can be looked at as a SP Powerhouse regenerating machine. If you are ever in a situation that you need more SP (and are able to withstand damage while in the armor) just equip this armor for a few turns and you'll have more than enough SP to use for skills not just from this class but other skills in the game that cost SP.

quote:

8) Lycan Strength

Toggle, boosts STR like Lycan Reflexes. Costs the listed SP per turn.

This is where this class starts to become undeniably more powerful to Warrior builds and other STR/DEX based characters out there. Used alongside the Level 3 Skill Lycan Reflexes, this class is the perfect compliment to STR/DEX users. For a character at max level (150), with both STR and DEX maxed out at 200, using the highest tier of this class boosts both STR and DEX by +50 each, guaranteeing 250 STR & 250 DEX!

Building on top of that, for anyone out there that wants to see how high their STR and DEX can go, here are some misc items that you can use to boost your STR and DEX to insane levels.

With a high enough level using the right misc, a character could potentially power-up close to, if not completely at 300 STR and 300 DEX

The examples I give below are non-rare and certainly aren't the only items out there that can increase these two stats.

Miscs:

Legendary Shadow Crystal V1 (Minotaur Day increases STR & DEX and increases weapon damage, +50 each for the highest level version of this misc)
Legendary Shadow Crystal V2 (Chimera Day increases STR & DEX, +50 each for the highest level version of this misc)
Underarmour (increases STR & END, +50 each for the highest level version of this misc)
Minotaur's Pride (Increases STR and weapon damage, +35 STR for highest level version of misc)

quote:

9) Wolf Fangs

Earth skill. Deals the listed damage. Gets eleComp to damage. Doesn't respect your weapon special.

As I've said already in my Disclaimer, damage numbers and other info for the Lycan Class have yet to be released for the rest of the armor tiers. Wolf Fangs is a Single hit, high damage skill locked to Earth-element. A nice "nuke" if you need a good burst of Earth damage and have SP to spare.

quote:

10) Become the Beast

Armour switches to FO. You pay SP per turn equal to the listed amount. Your attacks deal *1.75 damage (Melee) or *2 damage (Magic)*. If your weapon special occurs, then it deals the increased damage too. Your normal attack is changed to four hits. If you don't have enough SP, then you don't pay and you don't get the boost. This also affects spells in a much simpler way: all spells gain +37.5% damage, but this doesn't affect LS damage.

*Your weapon attacks are brought up to skill level (so *2 BR damage, stat damage is brought up to skill standards [so STR/4 for Melee, etc], and Magic weapons get *0.75 BR damage). Your attacks then take -12.5% (Melee) or -25% (Magic) additive damage; this last part doesn't affect LS damage.

This skill is the perfect representation of what Werewolves/Lycans possess: Primal Ferocity and Untamed Savagery

A significant power-up in damage to all attacks (Normal attacks and Weapon Specials especially) Lycan's Final Form does not disappoint. With this great power however, comes with a cost: It drains a lot of SP per turn.

Although the actual SP costs have yet to be listed for all tiers, a few players confirmed that the SP Cost of this skill for the lvl 150 tier armor is 294 SP per turn.

It's important that you pay close attention to your SP bar as you are using this form, and any items that you have equipped that cost SP. The damage boost will deactivate if you cannot pay the required SP cost.

Item combinations with this skill: Because of how costly this skill can be. I would recommend items that don't cost as much SP but can still enhance your damage further.

Examples include the Sword Emblem/ Staff Emblem/ Spear Emblem Series.

SP regenerating items are also ideal, since more SP means more turns you are able to use this Final Form.
One item I can think of that all players are able to access is Shadowfeeder Pendant. Another non-rare option out there is UltraGuardian shield if you are upgraded.

Final Notes:

The Lycan Class is a Powerhouse, complete with a skillset that features two favorite statuses of mine in "Bleeding" via Wolf Claws and "Afraid" via Snarl. Nice SP-regen and STR/DEX toggles for melee/ranged weapon users. Decent healing coupled with a good damaging Earth skill, the Lycan Class culminates with a Final Form which manifests itself as nothing but raw power and damage.

Watch out for: Your SP Bar and SP regen amount - This class consumes a ton of SP. Though there are items in this game that will help with the SP cost for some skills in this class, for Lycan's damage based skills specifically the skills Wolf Fangsand Become the Beast, finding any items that can increase your SP-regen is essential to prolong your Final Form and sustained damage even more.

There are SP regenerating items in this game, however there aren't too many available options that are non-rare items / do not require Guardianship. Hopefully there will be more SP regen based items coming out whenever the Staff has time to create them.

All in all, the Lycan Class is well thought out and well-made. If this is any indication of what's to come for the other Darkovian Subrace Revamps, then I, along with everyone else, is stoked!

I hope you guys enjoyed this review of mine! To the members of the #WolfPack, and my fellow players that are currently Werewolves/Lycans: Tear apart and crush anyone and anything that stands in your way!

< Message edited by Muchiha -- 10/15/2017 23:13:51 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 271
10/22/2017 17:09:28   
sobodobo

It seems Vamp doesn't have similarly powered item interactions like Werewolf has with Terror
Post #: 272
10/22/2017 17:51:24   
Muchiha

The creatures of the night, the noble mosquitoes of Darkovia…...who do I refer to you ask? VAMPIRES! Coming in with a shiny new appearance and its own unique set of skills, the Vampire Class boasts a few heal abilities, INT/CHA stat boosts, a darkness skill, versatile status effects in the form of Bleed & Mesmerize. And of course, its strong defense, increasing Player Combat Defenses and lowering monster accuracy (via Blind). The 10th and final skill has yet to be released so I shall add my review of it shortly after.

Opening thoughts:

Vampire brings a lot to the table not just in terms of status effects and high defense, but also the sheer variety of items that compliment it.

As a player, it’s important to know where to find equipment, especially ones that can synergize well with each other. It’s been a little challenging digging through old archives and retrieving the item links with the necessary info. With some time, patience, and assistance from players like Dreiko Shadrack, I’ve compiled a list of items in this guide to help you use Vampire to fit your playstyle.

*Most of the items recommended in this guide are non-rare, with other items only accessible to Guardians*

Level 1: Bloodletting (Passive) - For an SP upkeep, it attempts to inflict “ Bleeding” on the monster.

Level 2: Drink (Passive) - Heal 25% of Bleed damage done to the monster while it is “Bleeding”.

The first two skills of this class work together as one. Bloodletting & Drink will let you deal some damage, while healing you a bit at the same time as long as the monster is Bleeding.

***Don’t read this section, it has USELESS information:*** Increasing the Power of your opponent’s Bleeding status increases the damage you deal to them, which in turn increases your healing via the “Drink” passive.

General notes for Stacking Bleed: The level of the bleed applied by an item you are using must be equal to, if not very close to, the level of the Bleed already inflicted on the monster in order for them to stack - increasing the Bleed’s “Power”. How close in level is a question that someone has to ask the AQ Staff

Note: As of now, some older items that inflict Bleed are not able to do so on certain monsters in this game. You’ll know if the Bleeding is unable to work on these monsters through a text bubble with a message that will appear on your screen during battle.

Here are some examples of items that pair well to the "Bloodletting" and "Drink" skill

Weapons: Flaming Bouquet, Dainashini Katana. Crystalline Weapon series (Melee, Ranged, Magic) There are plenty of other weapons i haven't listed, so I am just going to stick with these to illustrate my first point. Any weapon that is able to inflict "Bleeding" will synergize perfectly with Bloodletting's ability to further stack Bleed and increase it's potency.

Spells: Vizalain Vision An MP-based spell that gives a chance to inflict Bleed or increases the power level if the Monster currently has Bleed.

Misc: Legendary Shadow Crystal V1 (Hydra Day) - While having this misc active on Hydra Day, ANY and ALL attacks you perform have a chance at inflicting Bleed or increases the power level if the Monster currently has Bleed. Using this misc in addition to the above items, and you have a "Bleeding" extravaganza. (I'm sure the Vampires / Were-Pyres out there would love that >.> )

Pets: Scarab Pet series - This special pet gives the Player a Status Effect called "Bleed Potence", increasing the chances of Bloodletting to successfully cause "Bleeding".

Ally Assist: Aquella All players are able to summon Aquella to cause bleeding / further bleeding!

For anyone out there that have purchased the recent Artix Entertainment Calendar or have not but has the money to spend:

The Shadow Walker of Time Set has a few items worth paying attention to:

ShadowWalker's Shield of Time - Special effect: Causes the monster to bleed when the player is able to successfully block an attack

Shadow Walker of Time Armor - One of it's skills, named Sands of the Hourglass is able to inflict the "Fragile Status" lowering a monster's END stat, resulting in Bleed being easier to inflict.

Level 3: Alluring Presence (CHA stat boost toggle)

An increase in Charisma will make it easier to inflict statuses like “Control” which I will talk about in the next section. Also a GREAT Stat Boost to characters with Beastmaster type builds that depend on CHA for their pets and guests.

Level 4: Mesmerize (Inflicts the Control status effect)

A skill that does not cost a turn to use with a manageable SP cost, Mesmerize lets you set the pace on how fast you want battles to be.

Offensive use: If you’re someone who wants to finish battles as soon as possible, (and currently have a good amount of SP to use) select this skill to Control the monster for multiple rounds. This gives you free turns to attack your foes to oblivion, ending battles faster than normal!

Defensive / Heal based use: Mesmerize is just as useful defensively. Seeing a monster about to unleash a powerful/dangerous attack, but you need more time to prepare for it? Use this ability and give yourself that extra time to prepare. Whenever you feel your HP/MP is low and need an extra turn or two to heal up, this skill will give you the opportunity to do so.

Recommended equipment: For those of you that still have this rare item, Accordion Shield gives you Control Potence, increasing the success rate of Mesmerize controlling the monster.

Level 5: Bat Swarm (Guest that inflicts Bleed & Blind, has MP cost)

A guest that is the perfect match for Vampire! These bats have a chance to inflict two important status effects: Bleeding and Blind

Bleed: With the chance to inflict bleed, this guest produces another source of damage (and a source of healing since you heal 25% of Bleed damage via the “Drink”) passive. If the opponent is already Bleeding and the level of that Bleed is equal to, if not very close to the Bleed level your bats are using, then there is a chance that the Bleed will be enhanced (its “Power” increases).

Blind: Decreasing your opponent’s chance to hit you is a valuable Defence. Blind works well with Vampire’s Level 6 Skill: “Mist Form”

Level 6: Mist Form (HP heal, increases Combat Defences)

With Mist Form, Vampire joins Assassin and Ninja as the classes with the best dodge-based defenses in the game (relative to armor and class level of course). The heal is adequate. With nothing else to elaborate about the heal, I’ll talk about the second effect.

Mist Form gives a great boost towards your Combat Defenses (Melee, Ranged, & Magic). This is one particular area where Vampire sets itself apart from the Werewolf Class. High defences result in increased dodge chance with monster attacks less likely to hit.

****For n00bs and players who think they are too l33t for this game please skip this section ****

#getrekt scrubs

Now for the fun part. Some people may have overlooked and maybe even underestimate the “Blind” ability from the bat guest along with Mist Form.

An increase in your Combat Defences and a decrease in your opponent’s accuracy is incredibly useful not only to make your opponent’s attacks miss, but to unlock special effects of items in this game that have abilities that activate when you dodge/block an attack.

Offensive Item combinations with Mist Form: The items listed below are ones that damage your opponent for every successful block / dodge you make.

Divine Yata Mirror (Shield, Wind-Element)- Deals some damage back to your opponent for every attack it misses.

Horo-Show Void Vindicator Shield (Shield, Ice-Element) - Deals a small amount of damage back to your opponents AND gives you some SP for every attack they miss.

Fur of Igneus (Shield, Defends against Fire & Ice Elements) -One of my all-time favorite shields that was created in this game, Fur of Igneus has two special effects, the first of which belong in this section: If you are able to block any attack that is Ice Element, the shield damages the opponent with decent Fire damage.

Chimeran Shield Series (Shield, Earth Element) - If you are able to block any attack made by a monster, then the monster gets poisoned (Harm Element) for 1 turn. The damage dealt by this poison is consistently good and makes a huge difference in long, drawn out battles when facing enemies with High HP.

One more thing to know about this shield: If a monster is already inflicted with a Harm-Element poison, then this shield will enhance it (aka increase the Poison’s “Power”) instead.

It is this second effect that will make Chimeran Shield work so well with other equipment when used alongside the high defenses Vampire Class has. You’ll find the details in the “Vampire - Poison Strategy” section of this guide that can give you the chance to increase the power of your Poison!.

Rare Item: Cutting Edge Guard (Shield, Energy-Element) Like Divine Yata Mirror, deals some damage back to your opponent for every attack it misses.

Special offer item: ShadowWalker’s Shield of Time

One of the best items that was made for Bleeding in the game, taking advantage of the increased Combat defences Mist Form gives will not only lead to higher chances of your opponent bleeding, but also the chance of your Bleeds increasing in power!

Defensive / Heal-based item combinations with Mist Form:

Fur of Igneus (Shield, Defends against Fire & Ice Elements) - One of my all-time favorite shields that was created in this game, Fur of Igneus has two special effects, the second of which belong in this section: If you are able to block any attack that is Fire Element, this shield will heal your HP by a small amount. With enough blocking, this shield will be a phenomenal source for healing against monsters attacking with Fire.

For you Mages and any Magic weapon users out there: You can further combine the increased defences from Mist Form with a weapon called Prismatic Paintbrush. On it’s weapon special, it attempts to inflict a status called “ The Cold” which DECREASES your opponent’s accuracy, while INCREASING yours (through lowered monster combat defences).

Prismatic Paintbrush (Magic Weapon, Water-Element)

Quest on where to get it: When Powers Collide

SP Regen item combinations with Mist Form: The synergy of Vampire Class with these shields is incredible. With the right items, you can turn into an SP regeneration machine!

Blocking attacks while using any of the shields on this list means more SP gained per turn, which means more opportunities to use your favorite SP-costing skills and other items in the game!

Exclusive to Guardians/X-Guardians: UltraGuardian Shield (Element Customizable)- Special Effect: At the beginning of your turn, if you dodged/blocked the last attack of your opponent, then you heal a generous amount of SP.

Horo-Show Void Vindicator Shield (Ice-Element) - Deals a small amount of damage back to your opponents AND gives you some SP for every attack they miss.

Vampire - Poison Strategy (Vampire armor using “Mist Form” + Chimeran Shield + Equipment that gives a Harm element poison at the same level as Chimeran shield + anything that can lower monster Bth)

This is where you will find great use for Mist Form and the Chimeran Shield. Since the Chimeran shield is dedicated to earth, this strategy is best against Earth element monsters. However, because of Mist Form’s increase in your blocking, it does increase your chances of not taking any damage at all.

Step 1: You must have equipment near or at the same level as the Chimeran shield you are using that is able to inflict a Harm-Element poison on a monster and enhance it.

*This is really important to understand, the poison cannot be any other element other than Harm, or else this strategy won’t work.

Also, the reason why I say the equipment you are poisoning the monster with must be equal in level or very close to the Chimeran shield is because there is the risk of the poison not being enhanced at all (does not increase in power).

Step 2: Start off by poisoning the monster.

Step 3: Switch to Vampire armor and equip your Chimeran shield if you’re not using it already and activate Mist Form.

Best case scenario would be that the poison gets stronger and stronger over time since it will be enhanced because of the increased amount of blocking you are able to do.

Using the shield’s “Poison effect” via successful Player blocks and dodges while taking advantage of the good defences Mist Form gives will bring you a constant source of damage.

Level 7: Eldritch Attunement (Passive: MP regen)

Having a constant MP heal will help with the MP cost upkeep your Bat Guest and any items that cost MP to use.

Level 8: Ancient Wisdom (INT stat boost toggle)

A crucial stat boost for Mages and other INT builds, Ancient Wisdom ultimately benefits magic users everywhere! Also, as poopbum mentioned on his analysis, other builds can take advantage of this INT stat drive to increase their available MP for items that cost MP to use.

Using Ancient Wisdom alongside other items that can boost INT will lead to increased damage and bth to INT based spells and magic weapons.

Level 9: Nightfall (Pure Damage skill)

An SP damage skill element-locked to Darkness. Pretty straightforward.

This guide is incomplete and will be updated on a regular basis. Please check in later. Thanks for reading this you guys!

< Message edited by Muchiha -- 10/22/2017 18:50:40 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 273
10/27/2017 5:29:02   
Foulman

Can we just get level 135 and level 150 versions of each class? It kinda sucks that there aren't any endgame classes, except for Lycan and Vampire.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 274
10/27/2017 13:25:48   
ZumaChaosReborn

@Foulman: The staff plan to update the other classes as they please, but Werepyre and Dracopyre are coming next.
AQ  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= Ultimate Class Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 12«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition