Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Juggernaut Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Juggernaut Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/29/2011 16:04:30   
MrBones

I don't remember who said this and in what thread but people who are complaining that the Jugger mode is too hard need to read the Juggernaut definition:
The word Juggernaut means a large, inexorable force that crushes everything in its path

Now that mode was made for the true definition of an 'Epic battle'. It failed miserably in the previous updates. But now it's perfect.

no pain no game

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 51
5/29/2011 16:09:08   
Mr. Black OP

im going to give u all a true battle that happened 2 me, i got the last move
1st atk, i got smoked
2nd, got hit by a support mercs PHYSICAL AUX
3rd turn i had to bot
4th turn hit by the bh emp (now i cldnt heal next turn)
5th turn hit by artillery
here i have 12 health left no energy to heal, and have not even got 1 atk in, great balance right?
and im a FULL VARIUM lv 33, now a non varium cldve easily lost before the merc even got to use artillery...
Epic  Post #: 52
5/29/2011 16:22:38   
SouL Prisoner

guys..shldnt...they 1st listen to the varium player rather than non vaium...lyk cmon...v pay for the game..v deserve more than the non vaium ..player ...DAA

n all ....atlest most of them ..the varium players complents about the 2vs1 ..new balance...sooo...the varium player must be heard 1st...rather than free player....

< Message edited by soulprisnerx -- 5/29/2011 16:23:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
5/29/2011 16:37:21   
Mr. Black OP

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/unfairh.png/
look at the round... round 2
and my health
and their weps
and does this look fair to anyone?
now imagine me but as a nv
anyone else see how UNFAIR this cld be?
Epic  Post #: 54
5/29/2011 22:58:37   
Bunshichi

Zman thats a fierce some duo ya got there :/

People are saying challenge just do a 2 vs 2 and tell your partner to run then but wait complaints come then....

< Message edited by Bunshichi -- 5/29/2011 22:59:37 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
5/29/2011 22:59:39   
Mr. Black OP

@above
i ran into them again... 3 times in a row
quote:

a lvl 25 can have 53-74 stats as a non varium. with credit only items.

a little off topic here but weps wld a mage use for these stats as a nv?

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 5/30/2011 1:29:35 >
Epic  Post #: 56
5/30/2011 2:20:47   
spectra phantom

Also we have to pay 20k to get killed by 2 noober lvls O_O what a rip off!
AQ Epic  Post #: 57
5/30/2011 2:26:17   
Nexus...

Just look at the daily leaderboard. After this last release everything is where it should be. If your great, you get a 90%+, if your good an 80%+, and if your having a bad day, or just suck, a 65%+. Everything is where it should be. Don't expect to win every battle. You were spoiled the first two weeks :) Takes skill to win, not random clicking. If you can't manup to the challenge, then...I guess you will have to die :)

EpicE4

Epic  Post #: 58
5/30/2011 2:30:19   
Firewallblast

I personally can't belive this is still a "hot topic with new posts". Like really... ppl have different opinions about juggernaut.
AQW Epic  Post #: 59
6/2/2011 16:37:51   
xxmirxx

I actually think it's fair now now I feel like its 2vs1 mode.
AQ Epic  Post #: 60
6/2/2011 18:22:13   
endtime

Look on the today's Juggernaut leaderboard. Everyone on it has 60%+ win rate, with several people having 90%+ win rates. This means that the juggernaut still wins more than the underdogs. Considering that certain people have good builds and certain people have the best gear available, this is a fair win rate/system.

If it was unfair, the juggernauts would have 50% or less win rates. Juggernaut mode is not supposed to be free wins. Before it took a ton of time to find a battle and the battle would last 3 turns or sometimes less. How is free wins supposed to be fun? Battles are supposed to be challenging.
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
6/2/2011 18:35:07   
Mr. Black OP

@above
everyone in 1v1 all time have 90% or higher is that free wins?

@below
lol not wut i meant
my keyboard is broken a lot of buttons dont even work -.- so i will speak properly once my keyboard works or it becomes required on forums
@sparticus
quote:

An overwhelming, advancing force that crushes or seems to crush everything in its path

is this the def of juggernaut?
but if u look at it from 1 point of view its supposed to be harder for a jug but from another point it sounds like it shld be harder for non jugg

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 6/2/2011 18:55:39 >
Epic  Post #: 62
6/2/2011 18:40:33   
endtime

@zman
Yes. NPCs= free wins. Take out NPCs and I am certain 95%+ will be a feat for those people on the LB.

@zman
90%+ means you are winning 9 and your opponent is winning one; how would you feel if you were inherently rigged to lose 9 times and win only once? Would you feel the system is fair?

Plus if you look on the LB not everyone has 90%+. Also, speak properly rather than using words like "wut".

< Message edited by endtime -- 6/2/2011 18:51:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 63
6/2/2011 18:41:56   
Sparticus

quote:

I don't remember who said this and in what thread but people who are complaining that the Jugger mode is too hard need to read the Juggernaut definition:
The word Juggernaut means a large, inexorable force that crushes everything in its path

I did. I quoted the Wiki definition and I agree, Juggernaut mode finally lives up to that definition. It might be tougher to win but at least now the wins mean something. I'm glad to see that the lower level players are winning 40%ish which seems about right considering how many really bad match-ups there probably are.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
6/8/2011 5:10:12   
...Sonya...
Banned

Should it be here or not ?
Should u get a random powerfull 32 wen ur lvl 27 and get a low lvl partner?
Should you have to Pay 20k Credits To play it?
Should There Be another section were you hit 2v1 then it u have to hit 2 to be on d lower side or 1 to be the juggernaut?

Leave your opinions,Dont Flame,Discuss!

Opinions Aint Facts -
-Son
Epic  Post #: 65
6/8/2011 5:20:02   
T.600

Juggernaut is terrible. We wanted 2vs1 boss battles; not more rubbish.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
6/8/2011 5:47:34   
Test Build
Banned

I feel bad as well for non-expecting low level players clicking 2v2 and ending up with this.
Epic  Post #: 67
6/8/2011 6:16:39   
Lord/Fredd

As i see it, the biggest problem is that mostly 2 vs 2 players have a build including the multi attack (Plasma rain, Multi Shots, Artillery) and in a 2 vs 1, their build would be far less usefull.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 68
6/8/2011 6:33:07   
Acient J

I agree with Lord/Fredd. One of the best things the staff can do for Juggernaut battle is move it to 1v1.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
6/8/2011 7:21:24   
Polandor

Having it own button would be best, moving it to 1-1, is better than 2-2 i think, but with a check box in the game config, if you want to play juggernaut or not.
Post #: 70
6/8/2011 9:08:26   
Burned.
Banned

Juggernaut battles is like just testing player's strength and creativity in making builds.
It's like testing how exceptional your character is.
Being a juggernaut requires a very good set of weaponry, well, good thing there are enhancements.
I think this battle mode are just for WISE and SMART players.
If you don't want to waste your 20k credits if you're non var, it's not a problem. My suggestion there is get you set complete first before buying it.
Just my opinion there, hope it has helped. ;)

EDIT:Woah! I just noticed there's alot of people here using my avatar too! >:D
Nice thread btw bud.

< Message edited by Burned. -- 6/8/2011 9:10:00 >

~Xythion
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 71
6/8/2011 10:37:40   
edwardvulture

^o.oThats ghosts avatar
Yes I think they should make it go to the one on one noobs, but then how it counts as a record would be awkward.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 72
6/8/2011 10:51:33   
Remorse

I agree with t.600, i was expecting and hoping 2v1 to be 2 players vs. a really hard high level NPC (perhaps the lvl would be 5 lvls higher than the average of the two players) It should have invloved also chossing your partner creating new waky partenrship builds and high rewards it would of been a great thing to look foward to when purchasing varium etc. as i it would be really handy in this type of battle.
Epic  Post #: 73
6/8/2011 10:55:31   
ajs777

yea i think it pretty boring, they need to raise the team sides incentives to win, the reward is cheap for how hard it is, jugger should be for the people who are really up to the challenge, however i trained a non var account for jugger fighting, and so far he is 3 for 3 so i think its jsut lack of experience and skill on the teams side, and by the time they learn those skills, they are to high lvled to be pitted against juggers... yea i totally wanted 2v1 bosses, although, the juggers sorta are bosses....

Chuck Norris doesn't believe in lag.

If pro is the opposite of con, is congress the opposite of progress?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
6/8/2011 11:08:08   
Mr. Black OP

unless ur a full varium, with max enhancements and a great build, U CANT WIN IF YOU GET 2 29s OR HIGHER, and its still hard, they took a somewut fun game mode and turned it into a pile of poo (this no cussing thing is like messing me up lol)
Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Juggernaut Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition