Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: All roads lead to Falconreach — a walkaround discussion IV

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: All roads lead to Falconreach — a walkaround discussion IV
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/31/2011 14:35:15   
nomono1

but i thinks that it should look like this.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
5/31/2011 14:36:08   
Ghost
BOO-m

quote:

@Ghost: Hmm, could we post things regarding Falconreach's walkaround here as well?

I don't see why not. :P

quote:

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1944/dfkarta.png

Remember though that Popsprocket and Dragesvard are only accessibly by flight. Unless Dragesvard has a port area we don't know about (which would be awesome, but that'd be a huge update on it's own XD)

< Message edited by Ghost -- 5/31/2011 14:38:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 27
5/31/2011 14:41:29   
nomono1

yep, i wrote "green line": flying route. :P

< Message edited by nomono1 -- 5/31/2011 14:57:19 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
5/31/2011 14:51:12   
Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Now, first I'd like to congratulate you with the job thus far. It looks absolutely stunning.

Here's the biggest issue I pointed out before.

Give Falconreach a curfew, so you don't have to create nightscenes of all of Lore. (You could if you want to do, *counts*, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11. Okay, that completes Oaklore Keep and the road to Falconreach. I'm sure you get the idea.)
Something along the lines of what you did to Ravenloss' "dead ends", *Tomix shouts, """.* That way, people can still reach the Mysterious Stranger.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 29
6/1/2011 3:47:16   
nightslayer321

@Ghost: I'm happy what i drew right the paths *GreatSmile*. I love the walkaround theme, and all the new paths are so full of details what they invite to exploration. For this i like the people give new ideas about it.

Also thanks for this info, it's very enlightening:

quote:

Eventually, you will be able to walk East out of Valencia's and end up at a crossroads of sorts that lets you go in all 4 directions. North to Willowshire (which will connect to the south exit outside the Willowshire gate that you can't access right now), South to the Sandsea, West to Falconreach of course, and East to a certain place + boat access to Sho' Nuff. There... will be lots of extras along those routes and lots of interesting people and places along the way.. Some we've hinted at, some you might have guessed, and some you won't see coming.

Maybe i have an idea about that certain place... *coughlookingattheHiddenBladesWarMapcough*

< Message edited by nightslayer321 -- 6/1/2011 3:52:47 >
DF  Post #: 30
6/1/2011 6:20:48   
Acient J

I would like to be able to physically walk around underwater (after the Potions are spilled; and perhaps before, we could walk around a few screens by buying a Potion of our own). We could go to the Locker, but it also opens up potential for a whole new section of areas underwater.

Also, looking at the map, it's unrealistic that you can get to the Locker from Doomwood Dock.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
6/1/2011 6:33:52   
steel blade

Yay! Soon, the Four Winds Walkaround Project would be a complete!

(NOTE: I called the walkaround projects "Four Winds" because walkarounds usually head out to each main direction with Falconreach being "the compass".)

Ghost, how 'bout the Radiant Pearl Mystery? Will we soon, eventually, get to the bottom of this?
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
6/1/2011 8:11:34   
nomono1

yes, it's indeed a good idea!

< Message edited by nomono1 -- 6/1/2011 8:12:18 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
6/2/2011 6:19:42   
Acient J

Well, don't forget it couldn't happen until after the Sho Nuff Island main saga is completed. The staff would have to be careful about that. Also, speaking of Sho Nuff, I would like to see a path connecting Shadow of the Wind Village with Osprey Cove, and possibly some stops in between.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
6/2/2011 6:36:30   
Zarkalor

Any plans to release any more underwater villages that can be accessed through a walkaround from the Locker?
DF AQW  Post #: 35
6/3/2011 5:11:43   
Dwelling Dragonlord

To add on my issue, the gryphon should not work at night.
1) Bypasses the curfew. 2) Gryphons need their beauty sleep.

P.S: It's currently always daytime at the Grypon.

The portal only sends you to Battleon nowadays, so unless so change that again it could remain to work at night seeing as from Battleon you can only go back to Falconreach (not counting *frowns* Home Town teleportation).

• After leaving the Fishing Area, you are instantly teleported back to Town Square.
  • Is it possible to code the Fishing Area in Falconreach so, that you can change the entire of Falconreach by clicking the night/day button?
  • Put the statues (not sure if it is possible to leave Demento's statue till he's actually dead) more in the middle of a screen/square if it's possible. In Demento's example, his statue seems to be put in a strange spot indeed for a great hero.
    A statue like that deserves to be in a memorial garden, cemetary or square.

< Message edited by Dwelling Dragonlord -- 6/3/2011 5:29:59 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 36
6/3/2011 5:25:49   
iPink

@Dwelling Dragonlord: Why don't we just have the Gryphon not be up by the Guardian Tower at night? There's no reason to make it day all of the time there; you should have to specifically make it day in order to use the Gryphon.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
6/3/2011 5:30:34   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@iPink: My apologies, that was an issue on itself. It should be clear now.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 38
6/3/2011 6:06:11   
iPink

@Dragonlord: Ah. I understand. I think that, to add on to your point about Demento's statue, we should simply knock down Falcon's Nest and integrate the few useful buildings into Falconreach proper. The theatre, Demento's Statue, Time Fairy's Statue, and Nitroglycerin Sponge Catapult could easily be part of the rest of the town, or added to the walkaround areas just outside of the town. I could see Demento's Statue being moved to one of the Falconreach gates, for instance. The zoo could be moved from Falconreach to another part of Lore; I find it would make more sense in a more rural area, as that is how the zoo is designed. The best place would probably be between Falconreach and Sho Nuff, despite not knowing most of what's going on there.

Besides this, I'd like to see the park areas of Falconreach expanded and merged into one large botanical gardens, with different areas honoring different people (Celestia, the fallen Guardians) and cultures of Lore. Having both the West Garden and the East Garden just seems like a waste, and South Falconreach seems to have a lot less content due to these two maps. I think that the Bakery should be moved to a different part of town entirely. I always forget about it in its current location; if it were rebuilt across Falconreach's main thoroughfare, or, even better, slightly outside the city limits, I would be excited. In fact, I feel like there should be a small series of shops just outside of walled Falconreach. Something of a marketplace, with stalls and ramshackle buildings and lots of different shops and different kinds of wares. It makes sense considering the kind of town that Falconreach is, and it would add a lot to the overall atmosphere of DF.

I also feel like Warlic's Zone, Lymcrest, and the nearby pathway need to be expanded and redone. The whole area is rather disorganized, and I feel like that could become a much better area overall. However, a bigger priority is definitely the south-eastern piece of the continent. I really hope that we see different desert cultures as we explore the path to the Sandsea. The actual town is very Egyptian; Arabian, Moroccan, and Indian elements to the walkaround would be much appreciated. It would also be exciting to see a safari area, as that is an entirely different African geography not yet explored in DF at all. Actually, thinking about it, the Falconreach Zoo could be transplanted to the Sandsea pretty well with a good explanation. The thing about the zoo is that it doesn't fit in Falconreach very well.

I also have a couple of suggestions for the Willowshire south gate walkaround. Willowshire seems like the kind of town that is built because of nearby farms and such. Otherwise the town appears to have no purpose whatsoever except to be a dragon-attack zone (which is its true purpose, but it's not like it can't have other purposes as well). Therefore, I would think that a series of gradually thinning farms would appear along the path. I would hope that this would also be a well-traveled road with many people, because Willowshire seems to be one of the main cities of Lore. I'm assuming by the time that this is released Willowshire is repaired (only for those who have completed the quests, of course; the current atmosphere is a necessity for the chain). I also hope for there to be a path out to the ruins of Riverine Keep and an update to the 100 Room Dungeon to bring it up to par with current releases. An exploration of Riverine Keep would be fun, and it would be even more fun if there were a village set around the ruins. Perhaps an archaeological camp that developed into a small town as the scientists realized how much content was contained in the Keep. I'm just throwing out suggestions, but I feel like something like this would be a lot of fun to visit and explore.

I kind of just wrote a lot, but the walkaround areas are some of my favorite areas of Lore: they always feel so full of life and they're the kinds of areas where Lore feels the most "real." They're kinda my DF passion, and I can't believe I never posted in these threads before. Well, I might have, but I don't remember doing so. :)

< Message edited by iPink -- 6/3/2011 6:09:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
6/3/2011 10:19:27   
Dwelling Dragonlord

I only just now noticed. This thread hasn't been F.A.Q.ed like the others!

Anyway, I think the Zoo Breakout should be mandatory to complete before you can visit the zoo. The souvenir shop should be a stand in the zoo itself, thus unlocked once you beat the quest like you do now. And especially the flying monsters should get better cages. Right now they can just fly out.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 40
6/3/2011 11:46:00   
nomono1

isn't it a stone gryphon?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
6/3/2011 11:48:34   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@nomono1: The Travel Grypon is up the hill to your right.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 42
6/3/2011 12:05:42   
nomono1

ohhhhhhh, that grypon! i thoght you meaned the one on the top of the tower(whish doesnt exist anymore), but i forgoted that it was a falcon...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
6/3/2011 13:46:48   
nomono1

anyway, this discusion has changed direction...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
6/4/2011 1:47:16   
nightslayer321

Oh my thread was FAQed! Ty Ghost and DD.

@iPink: yeah thats the spirit, lot of good ideas in your comment.
quote:

It would also be exciting to see a safari area, as that is an entirely different African geography not yet explored in DF at all.

With long plains and animals of the region there, maybe at the south west of sandsea, yes.

quote:

I also hope for there to be a path out to the ruins of Riverine Keep and an update to the 100 Room Dungeon to bring it up to par with current releases. An exploration of Riverine Keep would be fun, and it would be even more fun if there were a village set around the ruins. Perhaps an archaeological camp that developed into a small town as the scientists realized how much content was contained in the Keep.

I agree.

quote:

And especially the flying monsters should get better cages. Right now they can just fly out.

Haha, so true.

< Message edited by nightslayer321 -- 6/22/2011 8:57:00 >
DF  Post #: 45
6/4/2011 3:47:22   
steel blade

Captain's Quarters anyone? How 'bout free roam Tethys? Oh, oh, I know, I know! How 'bout that island that was mentioned in Verteroche?

Hmm, I think we need another town when going to the East Walkaround.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
6/4/2011 8:43:35   
Acient J

quote:

Riverline Keep has long since crumbled away, but amongst the remains lies a passageway to an underground labrynth! Many treasure-hunters venturing into its depths were never heard from again. Also referred to as the 100 Room Dungeon.

If we could actually walk to Riverline Keep and see the ruins (perhaps stumble upon a few traps/ hidden treasures/ etc.), that would be really cool.

Edit: I forgot to post this. I think that Oaklore Keep -- on the map -- should be moved back farther into the forest. As it currently stands, the path between Oaklore and Falconreach covers more forest and is not that small.

< Message edited by Acient J -- 6/4/2011 8:45:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
6/4/2011 9:09:49   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@Acient J: I agree, it'll help to make things a bit more realistic in terms of scale.

Perhaps an old campspot of Trey with a torn page from his journal, indicating he found nothing except for that worthless clay pot.

I also found another way to leave Falconreach and thus break the day/night cycle, Twilly.
So unless you cannot leave Sunbreeze Grove at night, this either needs to be removed or Sunbreeze Grove can be added to the portal as well. Then we only need to return near the portal, like in the old days to make sense.

On a sidenote, in Falconreach the portal is HUGE (2 characters high) and in Sunbreeze Grove the portal is so small that our character would have to bend the neck or hit it's head. I personally think that the character is too big in Sunbreeze Grove and should be scaled down to fit the portal, I personally blame the depth the artist tried to create here. It's quite nice visual, but it doesn't work with the walkaround as it would require the character to scale down as you move it up the screen.

EDIT: It would work probably best if the scene gets split up in two scenes to make both scenes look nice.

< Message edited by Dwelling Dragonlord -- 6/4/2011 9:27:55 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 48
6/4/2011 17:03:31   
nightslayer321

By the way, can somebody tell me where is Battleon in the AQ map?
DF  Post #: 49
6/4/2011 17:05:45   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@nightslayer321: The Lore of AQ.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: All roads lead to Falconreach — a walkaround discussion IV
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition