Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: All roads lead to Falconreach — a walkaround discussion IV

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: All roads lead to Falconreach — a walkaround discussion IV
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/4/2011 17:41:53   
nightslayer321

@DD: Thanks! mmm... so differents locations *going a bit lost* i need check it more, i think.

< Message edited by nightslayer321 -- 6/4/2011 17:42:29 >
DF  Post #: 51
6/4/2011 17:53:55   
Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

@nightslayer321: Now I can't be sure due to all the hassle with timelines and stuff, but I think the eastern bay ....

http://i40.tinypic.com/2nc2rlf.jpg

is where Krovesport makes it's residence.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 52
6/5/2011 0:55:59   
iPink

From those references it appears that DF takes up a much larger part of Lore than AQ does and is on a largely different scale. It's actually rather strange, looking at that... You know, I think that they could add Krovesport in to be the access point to Sho Nuff. I know that they're different timelines and everything, but you'd think there'd at least be a couple of towns that are consistent between the two games. :)

< Message edited by iPink -- 6/5/2011 4:34:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
6/5/2011 4:24:42   
steel blade

DD - Where'd you get that map? And...AQ's geography is one headache overall. I thought Deren was just east of Paxia...

And, I also want a Battleon walkaround. It's kinda dull just entering Yulgar's Inn Forge Shop by just that. If this could be made, at least not the very expansive version like of AQ's.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
6/5/2011 4:37:30   
iPink

@steel blade: I would love a Battleon walkaround, but I don't expect it at all. It's pretty clear that the team does not want DF and AQ crossing over too much, and they felt that this might have been too much. Battleon is AQ's town just like Falconreach is DF's town. If AQ eventually adds Falconreach to AQ then things might change, but I doubt that. :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
6/5/2011 4:39:01   
steel blade

I was actually thinking of the "rebirth" of the destroyed town and birth of the legend itself.

The sentence meant we're exploring Battleon when it's being constructed.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
6/5/2011 4:42:11   
iPink

The construction of Battleon might be an interesting town, but it doesn't make all that much sense. A town can't be in construction forever, and so after a year or so it would have to be finished or it would just be weird. I kinda feel like the staff went the best way so long as they didn't want us to actually visit Battleon (which they don't). We assume that there's a town out there, but we know that we're not meant to access it. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
6/5/2011 4:46:45   
Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

@steel blade: That map is more accurate than the in-game one, Falerin (staff) already confirmed Deren to be south-east of the Battleonica continent.

And I suggest you read the dialogue of the MoonRidge Knights guarding the path to the east.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 58
6/5/2011 6:44:28   
megakyle777

quote:

A town can't be in construction forever, and so after a year or so it would have to be finished or it would just be weird.

CoughFalconsnestcough
DF  Post #: 59
6/5/2011 7:38:27   
iPink

@megakyle: Yeah but nobody cares about Falconsnest. I'd much rather they just get rid of it and bring all of the pertinent parts into Falconreach proper. Falconsnest reeks of being rushed, and I really don't like to go there at all. :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
6/5/2011 8:11:04   
Acient J

I concur. The places in FalconsNest could all have better homes. The War Memorial should not even exist; except maybe as a decoration; the Theater, since it is about Lim, could take place underneath his shop (you never know); the books planned for the "Libraseum" could easily be put in the unfinished library of that creepy lawyer; Aspenvale Academy -- I don't even know what that's for; the Cannon (which still has no minigame) and the catapult could be placed in more defensible locations.

As for the actual paths--they're a little inconsistent with one another. For example, if you walk right out of Falconreach to the east, you're on a dirt road. Keep going, and now you're on a grass road. Go north instead, into Surewould, and you're on grass--then the next screen is dirt. I propose we change all the well-travelled paths to dirt--not Doomwood, not deeper into Surewould, but paths connecting towns and such.

< Message edited by Acient J -- 6/5/2011 8:13:36 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
6/6/2011 4:04:29   
nightslayer321

@DD: thanks for the explanation. It helped me.
DF  Post #: 62
6/6/2011 4:28:08   
5rr5
Banned

NIce job, wish they could type the names too
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
6/6/2011 8:35:18   
iPink

@Acient J: I agree with most everything you said, especially about the paths. Some of them could use a do-over in the first place (the map just outside Moonridge comes to mind) while others just need to be made, as you said, more consistent. I think that the path from Falconreach to That A' Way should be a dirt road as well, despite being less traveled, because it is eventually to be a main thoroughfare leading to the Sandsea, Willowshire, and Sho Nuff. The branch off towards Doomwood could be left alone. :)

< Message edited by iPink -- 6/6/2011 8:40:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
6/6/2011 11:41:20   
steel blade

Has anyone liked the idea of naming some walkarounds? I think this thing has been done before, I just forgot when...

Anyways, I've some suggestions.

Oaklore to Falconreach - Legend's Trail
Oaklore to Sunbreeze Grove - Dragon's Hike
Surewould to North Path - Arcanus of the North
That 'A-Way to Doomwood - Road of the Dead

< Message edited by steel blade -- 6/7/2011 9:29:29 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
6/6/2011 11:46:17   
Jayko99

ahaha nice!

I think finishing old projects should be a top priority. Falconreach(including falcon's nest) needs to be finished, then all the blocked off paths should be connected up. Then we need a proper road to the Sandsea, and finally a ferry that takes us to Sho'nuff.
DF  Post #: 66
6/8/2011 4:50:39   
nightslayer321

quote:

Has anyone liked the idea of naming some walkarounds? I think this thing has been done before, I just forgot when...

I will try to find them in the old posts... Found!. Credits go to Stephen, Niki and the others DF Pedia people, and members of BoH:

quote:

Path connecting Oaklore (towards) Sunbreeze Grove
Breezy Sun Path
Celestial Road
Dragon’s Road / Path
Traveler’s Cross
Angel’s Breath Trail

Path connecting Oaklore and Falconreach
Quester’s Path
Hero’s Proof
Light-Veils Path
Road of Beginnings
Hero’s Crossing
Noob’s Walk / Road
Peaceful Park
Hydra’s Crossing

Path connecting Willowshire and Falconreach
Dravir’s Path
RavenMyst
Dragon’s Doom
Willowreach Road
Nature’s Run / Road
Dragons Awe
Stone Path
Walk of Entropy
Dragon’s Breath Trail

Path connecting Lymcrest, Warlic's Zone, Willowshire, Dragesvard, Verteroche and Surewood Forest
Strool de medianoche
Road of Chasm
Crossing Trails
Magister’s Trail
Magician’s Way
Tranquil Trail
Luminosity’s Promenade
Resurrection Road

Path connecting Surewood Forest, (above path), and Falconreach
Forestry Path
Bandits Bounty / Stroll
Robin’s Way / Woods
Surewould Road / Way
Walkaround Road

Now this next one technically hasn't been made, but its for when it IS done......

Sandsea’s NOT YET DEVELOPED Path
Tundra's Terrain
Scarab’s Path
Walk of Sand
Sandstorm Slope
Road of the Scarab
Mirage Trail
Ocean of the Sands of Time
Pharaoh's Light
Scorch Trek
Sandy Corona

Good names here. My only suggestion is reduce to the minimun the number of path names, so in this way new players don't get confused.

< Message edited by nightslayer321 -- 6/8/2011 4:54:30 >
DF  Post #: 67
6/8/2011 6:22:25   
Acient J

I think that some of these paths can be combined in theory. For example, the road from Oaklore to Falconreach could be seen as continuing all the way to Valencia, and going through Falconreach.

The path from Falconreach to Surewould is, I think, just the first part of the one that goes to Verteroache. Even that path could be seen in two parts--one that leads into Verteroache, and the other that branches off to go to Willowshire.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
6/8/2011 11:17:15   
steel blade

nightslayer - Agree. But still, the staff has to decide the names for the walkarounds.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
6/8/2011 20:01:08   
Mikex_maximo
Banned

About being able to go to the locker through lake at amity vale, i think they could make a sub-terranean path , u know like a cave but with water, that we should be able to go through when we are going out of the locker
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
6/8/2011 20:03:02   
Glais

quote:

Actually it already did. When it was first released, going north from Dragonclaw Rock teleported you directly into Dragesvard, but now there is some other stuff there.

I think that actually made it worse, Dragesvard now seems incredibly close to everything :/

I agree with iPink about falconnest though, it shouldn't even exist....all it does really is make all the other towns look horribly tiny compared to FalconReach...
DF MQ  Post #: 71
6/8/2011 20:31:21   
iPink

@Mikex: That's a really cool idea. It would be interesting if there could be a series of underground and underwater areas connecting the towns of Lore... underneath Lore. I think it would be awesome to have a pathway from Ravenloss that connected to Amityvale and The Locker through underwater areas. This could also take us to Sho Nuff as an extra pathway once the boat and road are added and also to Dragesvard through underwater passages and icy caves. There must be a way up through Dragesvard's glacier; it would be interesting to see that. :)

@glaisaurus: I completely agree. I would say that having the walkaround there is better than none at all, but I think that path needs to be extended quite a bit in order to show how far Dragesvard is from everywhere else. It would also be nice to have a walkaround straight from Dragesvard -- perhaps there could be a bridge of ice across the chasm between Dragesvard and the rest of the Far North, with a couple of newly established towns now that the Far North is somewhat safer. There is so much possibility for this area of DF, and I think it would be lovely if that potential were accessed. Also, I think that more should be added to Dragesvard in the first place. It's an amazing town, but there's so little to do. A few quests could be added here and there and a couple more shops and such. It's one of my favorite towns, and it could be so much more than it is. ;D

Also, what is up with the whole Warlic's Tent/Lymcrest thing? The walkaround takes you to Warlic's Tent or to Lymcrest, yet you can only get to Lymcrest through Warlic's Tent and not to the walkaround at all. I'm expecting an enlarged walkaround because of this, and perhaps a Warlic's Tent revamp or expansion. I really think that Lymcrest should be a priority, however. I know that it's basically just the Tog-town at the moment, but they could make it a real DF town with buildings and quests and people. I doubt this could come anytime soon, but I would definitely be happy if it did. :)

One last thing, I don't believe there's a way to get back from Dragesvard to the walkaround. This is problematic considering the easy access from the walkaround to Dragesvard. There should be an option to return across the channel to the mainland from Dragesvard on their Gryphon.

< Message edited by iPink -- 6/8/2011 20:43:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
6/9/2011 8:51:02   
Jayko99

YES Warlic's zone NEEEDS an art update!
DF  Post #: 73
6/12/2011 9:22:13   
nightslayer321

I agree what most of Warlic zone need a big revamp, but i think now the staff is so busy. Anyway i see what Warlic Zone have great potential for Walkaround. * I'm just imaging a path for the Xan Volcanic Foretress *
DF  Post #: 74
6/12/2011 11:16:48   
Mordred

Being able to go to the outside of his Fortress would be cool.

hey ghost, just letting you know that Travel to Surewood via griffin leads to the old Surewood(no path to Verderoche), and Travel to Verderoche doesn't work.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: All roads lead to Falconreach — a walkaround discussion IV
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition