Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: All roads lead to Falconreach — a walkaround discussion IV

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: All roads lead to Falconreach — a walkaround discussion IV
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/12/2011 11:44:22   
steel blade

nightslayer & Mord - Yeah, awesomesauce. Hot, bubbling, awesomesauce.

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
6/12/2011 16:14:46   
Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Well, I'd like to see the remains of the Guardian Tower of Wind in walkaround.

I want to patch that annoying plothole, which doesn't really make sense.

Once that is done, I mainly want to see the river of fire* in Lymcrest.

*Those who have not saved Lymcrest from Xan yet, read fire.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 77
6/12/2011 16:18:10   
dragondeamon
Banned

battleon and Dr. voltabolt's chalange dont appear to be on the new map.

< Message edited by dragondeamon -- 6/12/2011 16:22:52 >
DF  Post #: 78
6/12/2011 16:22:10   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@dragondeamon: I really fail to see what that has got to do with walkaround.

Plus, you can get to Dr. Voltabolt by talking to Ash > Quests > Challenge.

And what on Lore do you mean by "Battle"? Battleon? That's because it's on AQ territory.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 79
6/12/2011 16:26:55   
Dragonlord John!

This is one of the best updates to ever grace Dragonfable (it would only be better if you had to actually be a certain level to go to select places) and if you had to find the location on foot before the option appeared to fly there via griffon.
DF MQ  Post #: 80
6/13/2011 3:39:05   
nightslayer321

@DD: Guardian Tower of Wind? D u know where is it?

< Message edited by nightslayer321 -- 6/13/2011 3:52:41 >
DF  Post #: 81
6/13/2011 5:55:59   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@nightslayer321: No, that's my issue. I want the backstory on the Wind Orb (in my eyes to be the most complicated and interesting out of all the Orbs).

Energy (not moved even after the Guardian Tower that held it was destroyed.)
Water (lost to Kathool ever since Captain Davey raided Tethys.)
Stone (most secure that remained safe till recently.)
Nature (with Fae all the time, mistaken for garden stone.)
Darkness (liberated from Guardian Tower by Vayle just before the Shadowscythe sacked it.)
Light (used by a powerhungry Guardian who abused it's power to become emperor.)
Ice (held by the Guardian Tower of Bask till Aisha claimed it.)
Fire (???>adventurer gives it to Akriloth who eats the adventurer out of gratitude.)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 82
6/14/2011 11:08:53   
nightslayer321

Ah, now i understand. But about the wind orb, i heard what some cloaked man/woman (Lady Celestia?) gave the Wind Orb to Kordana.

quote:

adventurer gives it to Akriloth who eats the adventurer out of gratitude

HAHA is that true?

< Message edited by nightslayer321 -- 6/14/2011 11:09:59 >
DF  Post #: 83
6/14/2011 13:37:35   
Mordred

@DD: Actually, Davey kept the Orb from Kathool in his locker. Kothool never got his tentacles on it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 84
6/15/2011 1:43:07   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@nightslayer321: It is canon for DF, not for AQ though.

@Mordred: Wasn't the locker in the depths with Kathool though? Not that he could get his tentacles on it, but still I surmise that stealing a highly-prized artefact from a giant telepathic (mind-controlling) Squid would be a nigh-impossible feat.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 85
6/15/2011 6:22:58   
Mordred

@DD: It was lost somewhere. Neither Davey, the hero, nor Kathool had it until the final moment. I think that Kathool somehow used Aquella to call the Orb to him...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 86
6/15/2011 6:47:22   
nightslayer321

About the past of the wind orb, Kordana said to us:

quote:

Jewel of the Four Winds?
Kordana: Jewel of the Four Winds? OH! That's what those ninjas called it! It is actually the Wind Orb.
Kordana: It's a very powerful magical item, and it was once my power source. A kind priest brought it here to hide it and it allowed me to use it for power.
Kordana: He came just as the last of my power cells were dying. Thanks to him I was able to charge my cells again.
Kordana: ...and I've been operating off the power of the orb for several hundred years, but now that it has been taken my power cells will die...
<Your Charecter>: A few hundred year? I don't think he'll be coming back for it.
Kordana: Yes, he warned me that height not return for the orb, and left me to protect it.
Kordana: He said that keeping the Wind Orb and the White Dragon Box together in his temple was a bad idea.
Kordana: He said that he had been searching for a safe secret place for the Orb for years, until he met me.
Kordana: I was not able to keep it safe for him, i'm afraid. When that other man took it, he headed north from here toward the camp of Okuchi No Okami.

What i don't know is what was the past of the Fire Orb?

< Message edited by nightslayer321 -- 6/15/2011 6:54:16 >
DF  Post #: 87
6/15/2011 9:50:23   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@Mordred: Davey didn't know the location of his own locker?

@nightslayer321: You are forgetting the quest where the location of the nine Guardian Towers are marked ....

there's more backstory to the Wind Orb to be told. (Or a huge mistake to be fixed.)

The Fire Orb ... well we're crossing over into AQ here and ...

spoiler:

In AQ Drakath was already revealed to be a dragon by now, in AQ that is and DF is said to be 5 years prior to AQ.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 88
6/15/2011 10:44:35   
Sir Parsifal

quote:

there's more backstory to the Wind Orb to be told. (Or a huge mistake to be fixed.)

Here's my backstory on the Wind Orb: The Temple of the Four Winds was the Guardian Tower of Wind or whatever(they say it is an "ancient place"), and at some point some priest decided that the Wind Orb wasn't safe enough there, so he took it Sho'Nuff, and gave it to Kordana. Kordana says
quote:

A kind priest brought it here to hide it
And since there are priests all over the place at the Temple of the Four Winds, not to mention it is named the temple of the FOUR WINDS...
Sound reasonable enough?
And Kordana even says
quote:

Kordana: He said that keeping the Wind Orb and the White Dragon Box together in his temple was a bad idea.

Proof that said priest came from the Temple of the Four Winds.

< Message edited by Sir Parsifal -- 6/15/2011 10:45:49 >
Post #: 89
6/15/2011 14:24:54   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@Sir Parsifal: I know the Priest was from the Temple of the Four Winds, but ...

1. The map in the cutscene with the Guardians is 1000 years ago. Sho'Nuff is marked.

2. The Temple of the Four Winds is on the mainland.

quote:

Kordana: ...and I've been operating off the power of the orb for several hundred years, but now that it has been taken my power cells will die...
<Your Charecter>: A few hundred year? I don't think he'll be coming back for it.

3. That means that the Orb first had to get from Sho'Nuff (the way I see it) to the Temple of the Four Winds and back.

THAT is the untold story of the Wind Orb.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 90
6/15/2011 14:48:33   
Sir Parsifal

@DD Wait, there was a map? I'll have to take a look at that...
EDIT: Hmmm, so there is a map. Hmm....

< Message edited by Sir Parsifal -- 6/15/2011 14:51:26 >
Post #: 91
6/16/2011 16:42:51   
nightslayer321

@Parsifal: yeah, there is a map, i think is this, and like u see we still don't know anything about the Guardian Towers in Sandsea (light orb), Shonuff islands (wind orb) and the place between them (fire orb?).

Anyway, i think we went are going a bit off topic
DF  Post #: 92
6/17/2011 11:26:37   
Razen

O.K., well, I had a theory about the Prime Fire Orb, but I hadn't placed it here yet(for some reason).

I quote,

quote:

Just some interesting speculation, but if the Skraeling Desert from AQ is the equivalent of the SandSea in DF, then the original location of the Prime Fire Orb is...Smoke Mountain. Strangely enough, was this not the birth place of Akriloth? Or was it only the beginning of his terror upon Lore? Does it seem to match up? Of course it does. But, I'd like the faults in this to be pointed out, if they're there. .-.

[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20512286][/link]
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
6/17/2011 11:47:05   
iPink

It would be interesting to visit Smoke Mountain through the walkraround and see for ourselves, although the fact that that's "AQ territory" means we probably won't. Unfortunately.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
6/18/2011 13:13:34   
Dwelling Dragonlord

There's a D.U.M. H.Q. there, not to say that there are indeed still Dravir in the area (supposedly) raiding Willowshire.

Perhaps some caverns with some skulking Dravir, observing you through cracks in the rocks as you move about, while moving away as you approach.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 95
6/18/2011 15:15:27   
Fingerman

Regaurding on topic subjects, I have suggestions for Falconreach (and I know it was revamped already and this is probably Ghost's worst nightmare, as he is working hard on Falconreach but try to consider at least part of this idea)

On the map, Falconreach is very close to the border river (between it and Oaklore), so maybe, the river could go through Falconreach! The important buildings and stuff on one side, on one side, and, like iPink suggested, the important Falcons Nest features on the other. Maybe even a marketplace including the already presant bakery. The Guardian Tower could be on a small island in the middle of of the river connected with bridges. Forget dirt roads; the roads that are close to Falconreach could be cobblestone. As for the border between Oaklore and Falconreach, it could be the outer wall of Falconreach!

So, anyone think this is doable?

I might have a map available soon

< Message edited by Fingerman -- 6/18/2011 19:16:50 >
DF  Post #: 96
6/18/2011 23:45:22   
iPink

@Fingerman: It's an interesting idea, but it's not really right for Falconreach, and I feel like it's too late after the very recent revamp. I think that another town built like that would be awesome though. Sort of a Venice of Dragonfable, with lots of bridges and canals and stuff. It could be near Oaklore to the west, as there's a river there on which it could be placed. :)

I noticed one of the people in Hunter's Paradise Inn talking about the port village to the east that goes to Sho Nuff Island. Apparently it's called Aika Village. I'm not sure if it's been discussed before, but I'd really like it to have a kind of Mediterranean flavor -- something like this. Because of Osprey Cove and Shadow of the Wind Village, a pirate theme or an Asian theme wouldn't really interest me very much for this town. I think that this town would be an excellent opportunity to introduce new elements to DF.

The other thing that I noticed was that there are a couple of superfluous signs in Oaklore. Both of them read Falconreach backwards and warped, and they lead to the Sunbreeze Grove walkaround and the Return to the Intro quest. I don't think either of these signs are necessary and they should be removed, especially since they don't look very good. There's also an extra just plain Falconreach sign. There's one in the first map of Oaklore, and another in the map just to the right. I don't think both of them are necessary; were we to look at them as one screen, the two signs would probably be a good two feet apart. There's also the fact that these signs are a different type than those found in the walkaround areas on the other side of Falconreach. Those signs look better, in my opinion, and if that design were moved to Oaklore (and perhaps colored slightly lighter to match the brighter feel), then not only would the walkarounds be more consistent but I also think it would improve Oaklore's look quite a bit. The Sandsea, Necropolis (it would be better if this one were simply removed), That A' Way (probably not for long), Lymcrest (I will reiterate that I want this to become a real town rather than a one-NPC-map), Warlic's Tent, Shadow of the Wind Village, and Osprey Cove all have this same outdated kind of sign.

I also feel like the transition between the bridge to Oaklore and Falconreach is not quite right. There should be one more screen between the two that shows the front part of the bridge as well as a part of the Falconreach land. As it is we basically go from a dirt path to the middle of a stone bridge without any transition. It would be better if both sides of the bridge were similar. While we're at it, once Falconreach is updated completely, can Ravenloss get a better portal? Perhaps with an entire map centered around it? As it is it's just... there. :P

And one more thing. I'm going to reiterate this from another thread: can we please get the Mysterious Stranger and Black Market Moglin back to nighttime only NPCs? As of now nighttime Falconreach is basically useless (aside from the Lady), and the two NPCs make a ton of sense at night and a lot less during the day. If the Night/Day button were brought to a more obvious location or more clearly brought to the attention of new players then I highly doubt that there would be any problem with finding them. The NPCs seem so much better at night, and I don't like that they're there during the day. :)

< Message edited by iPink -- 6/19/2011 8:51:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
6/19/2011 10:19:12   
Fingerman

quote:

It could be near Oaklore to the west, as there's a river there on which it could be placed.

quote:

I also feel like the transition between the bridge to Oaklore and Falconreach is not quite right. There should be one more screen between the two that shows the front part of the bridge as well as a part of the Falconreach land. As it is we basically go from a dirt path to the middle of a stone bridge without any transition. It would be better if both sides of the bridge were similar.

That river near Oaklore to the west: I thought that was the same river where that bridge is (that is a river, right?)
DF  Post #: 98
6/19/2011 10:52:26   
iPink

There's another river farther to the west that empties into the lake near Sunbreeze Grove and goes past Popsprocket in the other direction.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
6/19/2011 11:00:16   
Fingerman

Oh, I got it now.
DF  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: All roads lead to Falconreach — a walkaround discussion IV
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition