Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: All roads lead to Falconreach — a walkaround discussion IV

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: All roads lead to Falconreach — a walkaround discussion IV
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/20/2011 16:28:00   
nightslayer321

quote:

I noticed one of the people in Hunter's Paradise Inn talking about the port village to the east that goes to Sho Nuff Island. Apparently it's called Aika Village. I'm not sure if it's been discussed before, but I'd really like it to have a kind of Mediterranean flavor -- something like this. Because of Osprey Cove and Shadow of the Wind Village, a pirate theme or an Asian theme wouldn't really interest me very much for this town. I think that this town would be an excellent opportunity to introduce new elements to DF.

Aika Village is new to me (maybe the Eric place? who knows...). But is it located in Sho Nuff Islands or in front of the islands, in the continent? Anyway, i think your suggestion fits so well, a sort of Majorca port.

< Message edited by nightslayer321 -- 6/20/2011 16:30:18 >
DF  Post #: 101
6/20/2011 17:01:11   
Womba

After poking at the map of Lore I realized theres a few things "off" about it. One of them most specifically is Riverine Keep. It's exactly where Frostvale should be, Riverine Keep is a 100 Room Maze in a volcanic area. Which would mean it's somewhere in between Xan's fortress and Lymcrest.
DF AQW  Post #: 102
6/20/2011 17:07:50   
iPink

Maybe it's underneath Frostval or just around the bend from Frostval or something. Just because it's a fiery dungeon does not mean that it cannot be in a cold area. After all, Akriloth lived in an ice cave for years. Since Frostval is not on the map at all I'm not sure that we can pinpoint exactly where it is, especially since the Falconreach map has quite a few inconsistencies from that of AQ.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
6/20/2011 17:28:23   
Razen

Actually, I had pinpointed it a while back using info from the two games, you really just have to have a keen eye.

But, yes, Riverine Keep is right where Frostvale would be.

@iPink: WHERE was it said Akriloth lived in an ice cave? I don't remember that...

[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20512286][/link]
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 104
6/20/2011 17:38:55   
iPink

@Razen: In the quest The Cold Reception, the first in the Ice Orb Saga, you find Galanoth's locket. It was taken by Akriloth after the dragon destroyed Galanoth's town, and then you find it in an ice cave. It logically follows that Akriloth lived in an ice cave.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 105
6/20/2011 17:42:53   
Razen

@iPink: Or the Killguins took it from Akriloth whenever he wasn't looking, considering they WERE living there. Besides, Nix would give his right hand to get a hold on those kinds of things, so maybe he did.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
6/20/2011 18:22:30   
iPink

@Razen: But how would the Killguins get it if Akriloth never resided there? There's no reason to think that Akriloth did not live there considering all of the evidence. I'm just gonna say go with what the game says rather than what the game doesn't say explicitly.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
6/20/2011 18:27:50   
Razen

Because, Fire and Ice don't get along? That's why I'd believed the Killguins snagged it over just finding it there. And, that Fire Dragons would die living in such cold weather for so long. Besides, Galanoth lived in the less frozen areas of Lore as a child, not near Dragesvard, so someone moved the locket.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 108
6/20/2011 18:47:59   
Mordred

Yes, because stupid penguins that make dragon-snacks would just love to give Akriloth, who would eat them for breathing, a reason to kill them. :P Sorry Razen, but I feel your argument here is unfounded. Penguins aren't going to try to take anything from the Great Elemental Dragon of Fire.
quote:

And, that Fire Dragons would die living in such cold weather for so long

For one, this isn't just any dragon. He could theoretically have turned Dragesvard into a volcano if he wanted to.
quote:

Besides, Galanoth lived in the less frozen areas of Lore as a child, not near Dragesvard, so someone moved the locket.

Akriloth traveled all over Lore to pillage and flee from the DragonSlayer(s). Meaning Akriloth brought the locket with him as he went.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 109
6/23/2011 7:30:47   
nightslayer321

A quote from Ghost:

quote:

Original: Ghost

quote:

How does that even make sense? Walking has to be accurate, otherwise we wouldn't get to where we were going. =,= You wouldn't say a map in real life is more accurate should it state you're ten miles from another town and you get there in five. :P

Well… we take a lot of liberties with the walking trails. In truth, the walking paths should be much longer to be completely accurate… as the scale of the map of Lore is smaller than we have allured to by the paths. It's just one of those things where you have to balance a ridiculously long path and time to actually make it.. and the ability to make it interesting in it's length. If you played FFX, you'll remember that road between the two towns that took like.. a year to travel. It was just stupid. And boring.

This leaves us room later to add in extra stuff to the paths, further expanding it. Which is what one of the guardians talks about in Falconreach. :P

quote:

Has anybody noticed that the towers in the background of True Mortal's zone are exactly the same as those seen through the mist of Coldfall Barrens? Should the Barrens not be the location of Seppy's fortress, I believe they will be a large part of True Mortal's saga. :)

Nope, actually that screen with T M faces South, while CfB* is north-east of T M. I think those are just a cool rock formation that T M built.

Two more things I want to clarify: The ruins seen from Moonridge's guard tower is another area all together.. that screen faces East of Moonridge, so it is in the mountains somewhere that divide Moonridge and Sandsea.. but it is very close to moonridge. And the other thing is that the deadlands where Seppy is building his fortress is pretty accurate in Womba's map on the last page, but it's smaller. If it was that big it'd crowd out a lot of other possible places. All the towns of Lore are not as big as the buttons used to get you there on the map. :P

*Not to be confused with CFB, some guy in high school that somehow earned the nickname of 'crazy birdface'.
DF  Post #: 110
6/23/2011 10:59:35   
Ghost
BOO-m

Lore is a huge place.. I'd like to see the map congested with so much stuff to do that we need to make a fullscreen version just so there is more room for all the places. ^^ We'll see how that works out over the next decade... XD
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 111
6/23/2011 16:55:27   
Mortarion

@Ghost: Do you think it'll be posible to add a smal resistance base in the sandsea walkaround path?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 112
6/23/2011 16:56:56   
Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

@Mortarion: It'd have to be a secret though, otherwise nobody will buy it (or worse think Zhoom should retire).
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 113
6/23/2011 17:02:32   
Mortarion

@DD: Ikr but it'd be so awesome though
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 114
6/23/2011 19:59:00   
iPink

Ooh! Despite not being what I personally wanted, Aika Village looks pretty amazing. Hopefully we can get something Mediterranean further down the road. I hope that the way to Aika Village includes unavoidable encounters such as that with the Hydra on the way to Falconreach, where you do it once and then you can continue on. I know that was one of the focuses of some of the other All Roads Lead to Falconreach threads. Bandit attacks and such would be nice, and I'd like it if we finally had to go through the walkaround before we're able to actually access Sho Nuff and the Sandsea on the map. That's the only major problem left with the walkaround. I hope it's remedied soon.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
6/24/2011 13:14:03   
nightslayer321

I'm expecting what the ports in Aika village, Verteroche (and maybe the void ship too) starts to function. Maybe some funny animation with the ships transporting us can be cool!
DF  Post #: 116
6/24/2011 13:15:21   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@nightslayer321: The ninjaship mini-game?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 117
6/26/2011 10:02:47   
nightslayer321

@DD: Just that!

Now, with the Deadlands into the game, i'm starting to like a walkaround there, with skeletons and twilight horizon, something like that.
DF  Post #: 118
6/26/2011 10:16:06   
Dragonlord John!

I have said all along that I think that you should have to find a town first before it pops up on the map. That would require exploration. Of course, places which require the user to get there (towns which involve the Orb story line), the player could be given directions, but would still have to walk there. Also I agree with the idea of one time battles. It makes Lore seem more real and a more threatening place.
DF MQ  Post #: 119
6/26/2011 10:48:40   
Dwelling Dragonlord

@nightslayer321: We would first need to clear the rubble in Willowshire and you would have to make it through the warzones.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 120
6/27/2011 5:07:51   
nightslayer321

Also, i don't mind if they put some traps like the Sepuchure fortress ones, but in some walkarounds, like in the Deadlands or the Sandsea.

< Message edited by nightslayer321 -- 6/27/2011 5:08:21 >

Ice & Fire
DF  Post #: 121
6/27/2011 5:11:38   

@Nightslayer: Since we are talking about the Deadlands. I was thinking about what would become of Sepulchure's castle after the War.
If the castle survives it can become a walkaround, if it doesn't we should be able to walk there and see the destroyed pieces. Also, I like your idea of the Deadland walkaround.
But I think the Deadlands should serve as a memorial for this Great War.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
6/27/2011 5:21:11   
nightslayer321

@Burning: Well, your idea of the castle becoming a was memorial later is so good, but

spoiler:

maybe i'm a bit pesimistic, but i don't think in the final battle we willl defeat Seppy, so i think he will stay there yet.

Or maybe when Seppy see what we destroy his army, he escapes. Who knows... the only thing what i think i'm right is we will not defeat Seppy

< Message edited by nightslayer321 -- 6/27/2011 5:22:23 >
DF  Post #: 123
6/27/2011 5:34:35   

@Nightslayer: Well if we don't defeat Seppy we can see the Castle in the horizon, and once we click on the castle it takes us back to the Final Friday the 13th.
Kinda like how once we click on The Dracolich in Falconreach's river we go to the Final Friday the 13th, or just clicking Gram's hat in Aria's pet shop.
But I just don't want to see Sepulchure's castle design art go away after this War, I actually want to see it as a town.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 124
6/27/2011 5:42:17   
nightslayer321

@Burning: yeah, i know what u intend, the staff need to have a thought someday about paths to the villains lairs. I too in the past suggested about a walkaround to the Xan Volcanic Fortress, some like the Lord of the rings " Mount Doom"
DF  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: All roads lead to Falconreach — a walkaround discussion IV
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition