Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 21 of 23«<1920212223>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/27/2012 6:04:36   
lordkaho
Creative!

1. No, that was just a normal Venator.

2. Yes, that is the same Potionmistress that will soon grow to be the fine woman that captures Sir Rolith's fancy. :)
DF MQ  Post #: 501
8/27/2012 6:19:46   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Oh, missed two.
quote:

After being finished with their experiment, the two leave the atelier and walk down a regal hallway guarded by a line of musketeers on each side.

left, walked

How curious, I wonder how you (or Jeanne and the Inquisition for that matter) will perceive a faction I will introduce later on.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 502
8/27/2012 6:25:32   
Mortarion

1. Ah ok

2. Ahh, good, just don't throw too many venators at her, ok Kaho? :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 503
8/27/2012 6:41:47   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

I wonder how you (or Jeanne and the Inquisition for that matter) will perceive a faction I will introduce later on.

I think we should talk this over PM. Barring Glaisaurus' rather faithful crossover with mine in Past/Present, I'm not too keen with crossovers. But if you just want my opinion on it, well, let's first see what kind of people they are. >:D

quote:

2. Ahh, good, just don't throw too many venators at her, ok Kaho? :P

Heck no, I wouldn't do such a thing. Anyway, Act 2 is going to be really grey on the morality scale.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 8/27/2012 6:44:10 >
DF MQ  Post #: 504
8/27/2012 6:43:50   
Mortarion

Kaho, I know, I was just kidding. And grey morality? That's always good
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 505
8/27/2012 10:04:13   
Helixi

It's good to see you're picking this up again Kaho. I look forward to updates. :D
AQ DF  Post #: 506
8/27/2012 17:51:37   
Glais

O: Updates! And I'm glad to hear the crossover's doing well on my part, part of the reason I'm rewriting my story is to fix that entire section. Someone else I'd asked to read it helped me work out some of the issues. Ultimately I decided a rewrite would be better.
Now to read this.

quote:

the Noble completely destroyed him with his mind.

Ugh.
quote:

I've never had a more better teacher, than you."

More better? xP

Anyhow, interesting chapter. I find it odd that Alina's not "from here" but it can be fun. And as you said the original canon does not matter in this case.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 8/27/2012 19:42:56 >
DF MQ  Post #: 507
8/27/2012 19:56:59   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

It's good to see you're picking this up again Kaho. I look forward to updates. :D

My guilt got the better of me. I just felt I NEED to finish this one. Back then I was churning out lots of new projects and left them unfinished when I lost interest, it was horrible.

quote:

quote:

the Noble completely destroyed him with his mind.

Ugh.

It's exactly what it sounds like. Remember Zan Silvermane in Blood and Sand? Well their lineage of mages specialize the ability to warp space with their minds.

Anywho, made some quick fixes.

quote:

And as you said the original canon does not matter in this case.

The fact that Lawrence Appleton exists in this universe has screwed up all of DF canon. By this point, anything can happen.

spoiler:

Like Twig being a shell shocked veteran with a bad case of post traumatic disorder that has left his speech pattern random mumblings about fish.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 8/27/2012 19:57:19 >
DF MQ  Post #: 508
8/27/2012 20:03:47   
Glais

It's not that, I just hate mind powers. Up there with reality warping as the dumbest powers ever in my book. Personal quirk though, so it doesn't matter.

Speechless at that spoiler xD
DF MQ  Post #: 509
8/27/2012 20:07:18   
lordkaho
Creative!

spoiler:

Since the Inquisition is going all out with the super advanced Aurelius army and with their strongest Venator gone missing, they will need all the resources they have to combat this foe. Even if it meant arming Moglins.
DF MQ  Post #: 510
8/27/2012 20:59:03   
Glais

Pretty impressive army. No-one would suspect it.
DF MQ  Post #: 511
9/2/2012 22:27:27   
lordkaho
Creative!

Chapter 18 is up.
DF MQ  Post #: 512
9/2/2012 22:43:14   
Mortarion

*licks lips hungrily* Ahh yes, a new chapter, and one of my vaourite Apostles was htere, you never dissapoint Kaho
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 513
9/2/2012 22:52:36   
lordkaho
Creative!

Kinda lied a bit about them not showing soon. Anyway, fix'd the music.

So how was the new chapter, Mortarion?

DF MQ  Post #: 514
9/2/2012 22:54:54   
Mortarion

SImply marvelous, I especialy liked hte repenting Deaht Knight, and the vird Apostle, whose name I forgot, was awesome, aswell as hte memory fragment, words are short, and as always, I look for more of it
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 515
9/2/2012 23:12:45   
Glais

quote:

They tore and ripped her apart, both in flesh and in soul.

Curious, but was this a figure of speech or an actual attack?

Anyhow, glad to see more of Jeanne's future team to be honest, team aspects are something that I love and they have a wide array of personalities that will make future chapters very fun.

Was cool to see two of the...*name* in action. Wheelton's still my favorite, oddly. Though due to me watching way too much Boondocks, and him bearing a slight resemblance to Granddad, that's whose voice my headcanon has decided xP
DF MQ  Post #: 516
9/2/2012 23:21:32   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

Curious, but was this a figure of speech or an actual attack?

It's figurative. It just describes on how awful it was to die being slowly torn to a million pieces by loud, screeching crows.

Anyway, need to make the the story diverse as there isn't actually a goal, say stopping a central antagonist from taking over the world, or wanting to become the strongest warrior, that the plot is going towards to. It's largely character driven, which is why I have been releasing many new characters from time to time.

DF MQ  Post #: 517
9/2/2012 23:30:24   
Glais

Well, character driven stories are the most fun.

Come to think of it my top 3 favorite series (Bionicle, TransFormers, and JoJo int hat order) are mostly character based. Seems to be my favored storytelling style. Lucky me :D
DF MQ  Post #: 518
9/3/2012 6:27:24   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

The video refuses to be play in quietube. One another note, I suggest http://www.youtuberepeater.com/ next time. Your music doesn't last long enough for someone to end the music on their own behalf.

quote:

She saw with her own eyes that 'they' did to her now massacred party of unfortunates who also suffered similar damning curses.

This sounds odd. What are you trying to say here?

quote:

But the Warmaster feared that it won't be too long before they were forced into the conscription of just about anyone.

wouldn't

Something tells me that the 6th Apostle will soon come into play.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 519
9/3/2012 6:45:47   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

Your music doesn't last long enough for someone to end the music on their own behalf.

Oh, I was pretty sure it would end right around that part.

quote:

She saw with her own eyes that 'they' did to her now massacred party of unfortunates who also suffered similar damning curses.

She saw with her own eyes on how 'they' brutally massacred her party of unfortunates, who also suffered similar damning curses.
quote:

Something tells me that the 6th Apostle will soon come into play.

It would be inevitable as the 'antagonists' will have to travel by water, or air for that matter, to arrive at the continent's shores. Such long distance teleportation would be too much even for them.

Anyway, 'soon' is the key term here. No such invasion would happen anytime soon. There's still quite a few thing I'd like to wrap up.

By the way, how do you guys feel about the Inquisition in general? Depending on how you guys see them, it would decide whether or not I messed up on how I intended them to be portrayed as.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 9/3/2012 6:46:29 >
DF MQ  Post #: 520
9/3/2012 7:19:35   
Glais

I personally kinda feel they could be a little worse. They seem rough, but still somewhat "good" to me. Actually, ignore that. I don't want you to mess up anything for the sake of over the top brutality/neutrality.
DF MQ  Post #: 521
9/3/2012 7:23:37   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

I personally kinda feel they could be a little worse

In what way?

Because the general idea is that you're supposed to hate them and root for the 'villains' they persecute. Okay, maybe not root, but at least feel sorry for them.

DF MQ  Post #: 522
9/3/2012 7:39:41   
Glais

At this point in the story, you're rooting for Jeanne and co. while being against Honorius. We've only had two major examples of persecution (WereWolf and DeathKnight, the latter which was a good change of pace) and they didn't...I guess stress the inherent goodness of the being being pursued. Right now it still feels like the Inquisition is the Protagonist to me, I guess you could say.
DF MQ  Post #: 523
9/3/2012 7:49:08   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@lordkaho: I cannot feel pity for this DeathKnight, but maybe that's because I watched an episode of a Let's Play of "The Walking Dead".

spoiler:

The conversation the convict has with the cop about an "innocent" person he drove to jail once.

You need to bring in a character we grow fond of and has proper reasons (and explain they do) for acting against the kingdom without killing innocents. I mean, I'm not going to feel sorry for someone who takes pleasure from killing innocents.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 524
9/3/2012 7:57:08   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

You need to bring in a character we grow fond of and has proper reasons (and explain they do) for acting against the kingdom without killing innocents.

Quoted for importance.

@Glaisaurus

I see you point. So far, most of the people being executed were merely undeveloped random characters.

Thanks guys, I think I know now what to do.

@DD

That plot reveal feels somehow familiar. I can't put my finger on it, but I could swear I've seen that twist before.

DF MQ  Post #: 525
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 21 of 23«<1920212223>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition