Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 19 of 23«<1718192021>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/4/2012 7:17:27   
lordkaho
Creative!

Wait, so the image limit per thread is 6? But can I still place images via links? That way I don't need to shrink away my visuals down to 400x400 pixels.

As for the chapter, I know it's pretty sub-par, but anything that somehow confuses you? How was it?
DF MQ  Post #: 451
8/4/2012 8:07:59   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

quote:

ORIGINAL: L&L for AE Fanfiction

No signatures in Archive threads. Art inclusion should be minimal.

You are not allowed to use your signature at all in your story thread.

Title banners are restricted 600x200 px and a maximum size of 50kb.

Illustrations should be of reasonable size (at the discretion of the forum staff) and have a maximum file size of 100kb and be no larger than 400X400. The maximum number of images embedded in any story is six and should not be animated.

I already read this chapter before, I believe. The golem was animated back then, though.

It looks fine to me.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 452
8/4/2012 22:04:11   
Glais

It's fairly different from the last version Dwelling. Which is a good thing I think, last time it felt a bit forced.

Also, on the illustrations, 6 for the entire story? Or could it be applied "per page" or such?
DF MQ  Post #: 453
8/5/2012 0:40:38   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

A story may only have six embedded illustrations. That is to say, the usage of image tags in stories. I don't believe there is any limit so long as your illustrations do not use image tags. ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 454
8/5/2012 2:54:58   
lordkaho
Creative!

Ah, that is most reassuring, Faerdin. Thanks. I guess there would be no harm on using links for my illustrations from now on then, since links probably use as much bandwidth as the texts.

/off-topic
DF MQ  Post #: 455
8/16/2012 6:48:22   
lordkaho
Creative!

New updates!

Well, this is what, you could say...Is the prologue of Act 2.

spoiler:

In case you're wondering, then yes. This is where it all began. The one described here is the 'original' Jeanne.

I also managed to play with the 6 image limit per thread rule. I'll just put the previous images in link while the new images would be image tagged and so on.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 8/16/2012 6:50:19 >
DF MQ  Post #: 456
8/16/2012 7:48:00   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

A very touching piece of music. Now, corrections!

quote:

Two puncture holes was blasted into her armor, about an inch in diameter, and she was was fast losing blood.

were, losing blood fast

quote:

All she could hear now was the dying screams of a nation.

were
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 457
8/16/2012 8:11:35   
lordkaho
Creative!

Thanks! I was actually waiting for months to finally use this piece, since it's the theme of the character Jeanne is mostly inspired on. It has a very sentimental yet majestic melody.
DF MQ  Post #: 458
8/17/2012 3:49:41   
Glais

That reminded me so much of a Studio Ghibli movie. Wondering what it all means.

Ah yes, the music was quite nice. Reminded me a lot of this short game called Erline I once played. Similar music/mood evoked.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 8/17/2012 3:51:22 >
DF MQ  Post #: 459
8/17/2012 5:18:33   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

Wondering what it all means.

spoiler:

It's Jeanne making a pact with the World/Lorithia. This all happens in a time that predates MQ by thousands of years. This was a point where everything was completely normal, by Lore's standards anyway.

I'm saying this now since there won't be any other hints to what this prologue meant because it's completely detached from the story proper...Or say a flashback of some sort.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 8/17/2012 5:29:18 >
DF MQ  Post #: 460
8/17/2012 15:31:24   
Glais

It's funny you mention that because I have a character who
spoiler:

Is ancient even by MQ's standards who has yet to appear

Yeah good thing you explained that because I would have NEVER realized otherwise.
DF MQ  Post #: 461
8/19/2012 3:25:14   
lordkaho
Creative!

Chapter 16 is up!

DF MQ  Post #: 462
8/19/2012 4:33:40   
Glais

quote:

Suddenly, the heavy metal braced doors swung open, and out came hooded men in white monkish robes; their tall pointed hoods reached up 2 feet above their heads

The....Lorian Kuk Klux Klan?

Anyhow, didn't expect a flashback, but now we know of her origin...sort of.
DF MQ  Post #: 463
8/19/2012 4:48:27   
lordkaho
Creative!

Haha, dont worry. The council aren't white supremacists. They're worse than that. Anyway, yeah. This is supposed to be a flash back as to how she joined the Order (and by join I mean 'forced, drugged, experimented, tortured and brainwashed'). As to where Jeanne came from is a complete mystery that she doesnt even know it herself. Well...this Jeanne doesnt anyway.
DF MQ  Post #: 464
8/19/2012 5:19:18   
Glais

I figured they weren't, description was just...interesting.

The whole Jeanne thing's fairly and I doubt I'll get anything out of it until you make it known.
DF MQ  Post #: 465
8/19/2012 5:34:42   
lordkaho
Creative!

About Jeanne, it has something about to do with the act 2 prologue. Honorius even references about how there's always a jeanne at some point in history. Remember the various Jeannes I drew before? That wasn't Jeanne doing cosplay. If there's anything more that's confusing please let me know...That'd be great help.
DF MQ  Post #: 466
8/19/2012 6:32:40   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

quote:

where the mighty and weak both share the same cruel fate before their relentless interrogators

shared

quote:

as such beings do and indeed exist

This sounds a bit strange.

This is one of those cases where lawful good is what it seeks to fight. The whole scene would even sicken the Inquisitor, well maybe not.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 467
8/19/2012 6:40:28   
lordkaho
Creative!

Which Inquisitor are you referring to DD? The AQW witch hunters?

quote:

This is one of those cases where lawful good is what it seeks to fight

I don't quite get this. O.O

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 8/19/2012 6:44:13 >
DF MQ  Post #: 468
8/19/2012 7:08:40   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@lordkaho: Falerin once mentioned how lawful good isn't too far off from being evil itself.

No, I'm not talking about the AQW witch hunters.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 469
8/19/2012 7:19:36   
lordkaho
Creative!

Which Inquisitor then?

As far as the Inquisition goes about in the Morality bar, I'd say they jump from Lawful Good to Chaotic Good (Yes, they want to protect the Kingdom, but they will do something as far as spreading mass hysteria to something as atrocious as what Unit 731 did in China back at WW2 to *cough* find cures for diseases)

Though, can you explain how Lawful Good ends up being in the opposite side of the moral spectrum? Aren't characters like those the 'boyscout' types like Superman and Capt. America?
DF MQ  Post #: 470
8/19/2012 7:34:11   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

The Inquistor which will appear in my story at one point.

Anyway, I'm sure you know about Lionfang (AQW)? The argument presented was that Lionfang was lawful good and we both know what he did.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 471
8/19/2012 7:52:30   
lordkaho
Creative!

^

Oh...I see your point. Lionfang just comes across to me as an Artix who has gone too far (think Crazy, Irrational Extremist with Good Intentions). Come to think of it, give too much zeal into Lawful Good and you have a Knight Templar. Jeanne is supposed to be this, but Noir punched that idealogy out of her head.

That Inquisitor. He sounds interesting.
DF MQ  Post #: 472
8/23/2012 13:46:41   
Mortarion

Hmm, I catched up to this, and I must say it's quite good, when will you update it next?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 473
8/23/2012 14:23:10   
lordkaho
Creative!

Maybe some time next week. I'm still deciding on what to put next since there are like 5 possible scenarios to choose from for the next chapter.
DF MQ  Post #: 474
8/23/2012 14:26:45   
VanHellsin24
Banned

Caught up as well.

My only reaction: o.O
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 19 of 23«<1718192021>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition