Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 18 of 23«<1617181920>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/10/2012 19:45:30   
lordkaho
Creative!

Working on it.

Also, you might like Part 2's main villains

spoiler:

What do you get when the Slugwraths banish the 7th Half-Elven heir to the throne into a continent far away, only to return as a powerful alchemist with an army of Dwarven steam powered war machines?

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 7/10/2012 19:48:08 >
DF MQ  Post #: 426
7/10/2012 19:54:53   
Glais

spoiler:

1.Yay, robots! 2.Yay, Elf villain which means I can hate him! 3.Wondering how it will fit the current story because it's so...different.
DF MQ  Post #: 427
7/10/2012 20:18:23   
lordkaho
Creative!

spoiler:

He wants to reclaim the throne that he thinks rightfully belongs to him, as he's the sole remaining heir to the Slugwrath monarchy, with exception to Drakath who is still a mere boy at this time and is not considered fit yet to be king. Of course, since it would be a nigh impossible feat to hide an entire invasion from the general populace and the Inquisition not strong enough to confront this force alone, they will have to resort to...some methods of harmless misinformation.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 7/10/2012 21:04:05 >
DF MQ  Post #: 428
7/10/2012 21:02:45   
Glais

Oh this should be fun then.
Also what's with the 2nd Spoiler, it's blank.
DF MQ  Post #: 429
7/12/2012 7:10:52   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

I apologize for the delay, I keep tripping over these shackles.

quote:

She deeply respected Jeanne as a fighter, but this was a fight she alone can fight.

could

quote:

Jeanne has heard of this voice before.

had

Just as I thought this chapter could use some music, it came.

Quite the tremendous action scene. Very impressive.

< Message edited by Dwelling Dragonlord -- 7/12/2012 7:37:58 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 430
7/16/2012 8:59:22   
lordkaho
Creative!

Glad you liked it. You can expect many of Noir's fights to be like this. Doesn't mean Jeanne's will be more lackluster. It's just the way their powers are suited in certain scenarios. Noir excels at explosive mano y mano battles, while Jeanne's own specialty lie elsewhere, and to her defense, she hasn't used 'it' yet.
DF MQ  Post #: 431
7/16/2012 21:05:14   
Glais

Yeah her getting cut in half was pretty insane. And I'm surprised Jeanne didn't just pass out in shock after having her entrails torn out.
DF MQ  Post #: 432
7/16/2012 21:42:41   
lordkaho
Creative!

^

The incident happened so fast she was reduced to an almost catatonic state, her brain (or whatever that makes her function) didn't have enough time to react and shut down her body. It was even worse that she didn't pass out because it meant she'd feel every pain her body felt. I'm sure she'd be wishing she could die just there and then, but given her attitude, she probably wished she could bite Alaya's face off had she had the strength.

DF MQ  Post #: 433
7/16/2012 21:53:57   
Glais

Ahhh ok that makes sense. I...think.
Yeah that was quite gory. Hooks and all. I am going to need to step it up in my future fight scenes :P

Not to out gore anything, I just want them to be high quality fights like this.
DF MQ  Post #: 434
7/17/2012 4:26:29   
lordkaho
Creative!

Epilogue is up.

So as a final question, do you think this bonus arc was necessary? And how do you feel about it?

DF MQ  Post #: 435
7/17/2012 7:50:36   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

quote:

All that time she was only concerned in staying alive, but now she can finally get the answers to the 'why' and 'how' of the incident.

could

It was interesting, but I was sort of expecting to see your newest art-piece see its realization or at least Jeanne questioning Lawrence about how Innocentius was loyal to the Slugwraths. I was honestly surprised when she didn't.
I'll be honest, were it not for the Vurrmen and the character growth of Jeanne I doubt it would've been "necessary".

On another note, I've found about the existence of a book called "DragonPath".
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 436
7/17/2012 8:01:45   
lordkaho
Creative!

I'll be making some changes. I felt that I placed quite some emphasis more on Alaya rather than Gregory, that and I made some vague points that I doubt you guys would get immediately. One thing about Jeanne though, she's more tolerant of people now.
DF MQ  Post #: 437
7/17/2012 14:57:54   
Glais

Gah, my internet started acting up yesterda and wouldn't let me comment.

So yeah that explains...some things I guess. I do feel it explained Alaya not Gregory as I didn't really learn anything about him.
DF MQ  Post #: 438
7/17/2012 19:38:36   
lordkaho
Creative!

I've edited the Epilogue. This time, I think most of the vague parts would now be clearer. I suggest re-reading the latter half.
DF MQ  Post #: 439
7/17/2012 20:22:55   
Glais

Yess, that clears up a few things then. Should help a bit as I near rewriting sections involving Innocentius, as well as his epilogue.

In due time is slowly growing to be my least liked phrase xD
DF MQ  Post #: 440
7/17/2012 21:19:05   
lordkaho
Creative!

Lol, yeah. Come to think of it, that was quite a weak line to end it. Lemme' change that.

*edit*

There we go. Less cliche, but equally confusing, hehe. Adds more to Lawrence being a meta-character.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 7/17/2012 21:28:36 >
DF MQ  Post #: 441
7/17/2012 22:05:59   
Glais

Yeah, that's far more interesting.
Still not a fan of Lawrence though xP
DF MQ  Post #: 442
7/17/2012 22:11:24   
lordkaho
Creative!

^

Oh? I thought you preferred her over Noir and Jeanne?
DF MQ  Post #: 443
7/17/2012 22:17:15   
Glais

Nah, if you check back...whenever we were discussing Lawrence, I never really liked her. Felt she stole the show quite a bit.

Plus, I have this weird bias of disliking any crossovers with Earth and Lore, but it's just that, a bias. Thus I don't hold it against stories for wanting to go in that direction.
DF MQ  Post #: 444
7/18/2012 8:23:56   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

Much better. Heh, I imagined Jeanne like this little kid pulling her mother's arm.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 445
7/30/2012 4:02:33   
lordkaho
Creative!

I can't wait to start on Part 2 after I'm done rewriting Chapter 16, especially on how crazy the story board has ended up. Let's just say, the intended cast has swelled up to nearly triple and while the main plot is still there, I added a lot more story elements and won't be solely focusing on Jeanne.

So far here's what I've concocted

spoiler:

20 foot tall Steam powered war machines with a mana powered turbine that sucks/disrupts surrounding mana flow. A werewolf created by alchemy who possesses a sword that can create parallel dimensions. An half-Elven royal banished by the Slugwraths who returns as a powerful alchemist. A Dwarven mastersmith and engineer. A blind witch and seeress. A homunculus in the image of a long dead daughter. Kordana. A chaosweaver high priest who gains the Inquisition's trust. Lots of tentacles.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 7/30/2012 4:04:33 >
DF MQ  Post #: 446
7/30/2012 4:43:56   
Glais

Triple the cast sounds fun.
spoiler:

Sword that makes parallel dimensions sounds absolutely insane. Surprised my brother didn't come up with that first. He's always inventing crazy stoy-things like that...
DF MQ  Post #: 447
7/30/2012 6:40:35   
lordkaho
Creative!

Anyway, really expect canon lore to go down the drain around this part. Some characters like *cough* Kordana and Reens *cough* will be totally different characters from their in-game versions. Different in a sense that....Well you'll just see. But they are still the same person, concept and existence wise.

DF MQ  Post #: 448
8/4/2012 5:57:57   
lordkaho
Creative!

Chapter 15 is up! This one was been totally rewritten from scratch, so I just some rereading.

It also has a very different tone from the last one.

I couldn't really find proper music to go with the chapter but I was writing while listening to these in mind for the fight scenes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw7SCHWiPyY

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6uScXSUggE

But I know it would throw you guys off, hehe.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 8/4/2012 6:07:33 >
DF MQ  Post #: 449
8/4/2012 6:54:11   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

Well, you're all out of pictures for your story now. Quite a pity to know there won't be any more visual aids from now on.

quote:

Jeanne absorbs everyone of it

absorbed every single one of them

quote:

"So..I think this is my fare well to you, Jeanne."

farewell
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 18 of 23«<1617181920>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition