Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 22 of 23«<1920212223>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/3/2012 22:22:38   
Glais

Alright then, so that means a lot more developed characters now to which...I say go for it! Sure we know they'll die horribly, but that can actually help to elicit a greater emotional response or attachment.
DF MQ  Post #: 526
9/3/2012 22:36:32   
lordkaho
Creative!

New chapter up, just for kicks. Sorry I felt like being creative today.

Oh and be sure to listen to the music at the end.
DF MQ  Post #: 527
9/3/2012 22:46:53   
Mortarion

Ohh, plot twist, I didn't expect what Lawrence said, I look for more
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 528
9/3/2012 23:26:37   
Glais

quote:

He felt like Lawrence Appleton knew something he didn't, however, something felt awry with how she suddenly came her.

Here.
quote:

"As I have figured...She has made me her dress up doll." Sighed Jeanne.

Shouldn't "She" be "he?"

Anyhow, quite interesting. No idea why Lawrence is doing this in the slightest, but was good to see Honorius again. As good as it ever is, anyhow.
DF MQ  Post #: 529
9/3/2012 23:32:13   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

Shouldn't "She" be "he?"

Jeanne knows Lawrence is a lady. She even called her 'Madame Librarian' back then.

quote:

No idea why Lawrence is doing this in the slightest

She's going to help Honorius...With some things.

Anyway, I think you should like the next chapter. Another relic of the past makes an appearance.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 9/3/2012 23:34:28 >
DF MQ  Post #: 530
9/3/2012 23:35:49   
Glais

quote:

Jeanne knows Lawrence is a lady. She even called her 'Madame Librarian' back then.

Ah no, it's not that, but as she was with Lorch...

And ok, should be fun then.
DF MQ  Post #: 531
9/3/2012 23:40:34   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

Ah no, it's not that, but as she was with Lorch...

She was referring to Lawrence, as it was she who gave the idea to Lorch. I think I'll just make it 'they' to get rid of confusion.

DF MQ  Post #: 532
9/3/2012 23:49:13   
Glais

I think somehow a skipped a line which threw me off then, probably. I didn't even know Lawrence had anything to do with it... Yeah, I had missed a line after all.

So with more characters to grow attached to, that means we'll be seeing more of the Venators (maybe) and/or the normal Chapters (definitely).
How exactly do you even plan to use the 7th Venator?

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 9/4/2012 3:32:02 >
DF MQ  Post #: 533
9/4/2012 5:31:33   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

quote:

Impatiently asked Lorch.

Lorch asked impatiently.

Honorius is NOT going to be amused.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 534
9/4/2012 5:42:18   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

that means we'll be seeing more of the Venators (maybe) and/or the normal Chapters (definitely).

In due time, you guys will be seeing more faces and personalities, especially since this war would involve everybody. Can't wait to show Drakath as kid in a different light.

quote:

How exactly do you even plan to use the 7th Venator?

It's a plot point in Act 3, when we go into Noir's part of the story.

quote:

Honorius is NOT going to be amused.

If you're expecting him to be horribly outraged, next chapter will be about his inner psyche.

-------------------------

Hmm...No comment about the sudden out-of-nowhere light hearted scene at the end? Even added the music to make it even more obvious -_-'

DF MQ  Post #: 535
9/4/2012 5:55:32   
Mortarion

I would comment on it, but I can't see hidden plots until they hit ^Me :P, but I am intrigued. Oh, I liked how the Vurrmen are basically forming two new divisions :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 536
9/4/2012 6:00:02   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

but I can't see hidden plots until they hit

There aren't any.

It's just about Lorch and Jeanne talking about fashion lol.

quote:

Oh, I liked how the Vurrmen are basically forming two new divisions :D

They're also going to be working underground. Guess who else works there?
DF MQ  Post #: 537
9/4/2012 6:02:18   
Mortarion

Lol, I told you, I can't see things until they hit me XD. And underground Vurrmen, does that means spidery Chaos Weaver? :D :D

One smiley removed. Please remember that there is a limit of three smileys per post. Thank you for your time! -Faerdin

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 9/4/2012 23:11:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 538
10/4/2012 7:05:26   
lordkaho
Creative!

Considering I'm going to be busy managing a Collaboration story, Hounds of God will be on hiatus for the meantime.

I hope the long absence builds up expectations as next chapter is going to be explosive, mind screwy and all around flat 'WHAT.'s thrown around like it's the fourth of July.

Considering who came to crash the party, I'm sure you know why.
DF MQ  Post #: 539
12/21/2012 6:23:06   
lordkaho
Creative!

'The End' chapter is up.

This is the 'end' of Hounds of God, thanks everyone for staying with me and reading my works. It has truly been an honor.

spoiler:

...If you get what I mean. *wink* *wink*

DF MQ  Post #: 540
12/21/2012 9:17:11   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@lordkaho: Is that referring to the "end of the world"?

As for the story itself, it feels .... out of place. As if the ending came to soon, leaving somewhat of a bitter taste. No, not even that. It feels as if you are offered a banquet, before a glass of water as dessert.

A pity, because a glass of water can bring peace to taste buds like an epilogue can give a reader closure.

I do apologize if my choice of words is getting perhaps overly complicated, but this is me trying to convey my thoughts and feelings on the matter.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 541
12/21/2012 10:05:19   
lordkaho
Creative!

@DD

I sure hope you didn't take it too seriously because-

spoiler:

...I was just being 'sarcastic' on the whole thing.

And seeing as the prediction is an obvious fluke (it would be seeing I'm still posting here), HoG is still going to continue its run. Just take it as a rather bad joke.

DF MQ  Post #: 542
12/21/2012 10:13:13   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@lordkaho:

spoiler:

Does that mean the chapter will be redacted in due time then?

As for a story being ended on a too short notice ... while I do not like it*, it has happened before in the L&L.

*Nor really wanted to believe it for that matter.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 543
12/21/2012 10:16:10   
lordkaho
Creative!

spoiler:

Yes, I will take it away probably tomorrow. This was just a little thing I had going since I was bored. I just wanted to see your reactions >:D

As for stories ending abruptly, yes I know a person who did that. But that was due to lack of readership.
DF MQ  Post #: 544
12/21/2012 21:14:52   
Glais

Um.
What.
DF MQ  Post #: 545
12/21/2012 21:26:18   
lordkaho
Creative!

Exactly.
DF MQ  Post #: 546
12/22/2012 17:22:45   
Glais

Well it's.
Uh.
Yeah.

Not sure what else to say except: once the story reaches that point does it actually happen?
DF MQ  Post #: 547
12/22/2012 20:29:10   
lordkaho
Creative!

I hope not. While the plot has the potential to veer into that direction, I doubt it will really reach End of Evangelion levels of mind screw.

---------------------

By the way, what do you guys think about the insert song?

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 12/22/2012 23:38:29 >
DF MQ  Post #: 548
12/23/2012 5:52:50   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@lordkaho: It was nice that the singing didn't start until I had completely read the chapter.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 549
12/23/2012 8:11:01   
lordkaho
Creative!

Ah, I see. I wanted the chapter to be longer and be more detailed for the song to have full effect (the lyrics reflect Noir's feelings by the way) but considering I was going to end up taking it away eventually, I just went with this.

The formal chapter 20 will be up soon. I have also made quite some drastic changes, particularly about King Alteon. I figured it would be too ridiculous for the King himself to not notice a dark organization serving under his banner and operating just under his nose at this moment when the entire kingdom is going to be threatened by a full scale invasion. But I guess this is where deception and taking advantage of confusion is utilized to its fullest. There will be also some changes with regards to the origin story of a certain rebellious prince and a certain bandit group.

DF MQ  Post #: 550
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 21 [22] 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 22 of 23«<1920212223>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition