Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!
Page 15 of 17«<1314151617>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/8/2012 0:35:43   
Retrosaur

quote:

Laces, poor little Laces I don't attack any staff so trying to say I am is pretty pointless and the paragraph shows from the beginning of Delta what the Blood mage did not get, what was taken away, and what was adjusted because it was too powerful in some players minds for the Blood Mage. What was the real reason they swapped out technician for energy shield? Is energy shield better when all it does is increase resistance and cost the same amount of energy and if it is better then technician then all they had to do was bring technician on par with energy shield not take it away. Every game programmer out there that creates something and they are proud of it they play that character or use that item to show their pride and accomplishment but if it is not how they thought it would turn out then they are ashamed of it and would stick with what they are proud of.

Nothing I wrote is assumptions it is pointing out what has happen to the Blood Mage from day one and question what they will or will not do next because we where never warned before the recent Design notes Technician was going to be taken away. No two new classes basically get to have two types of armor one + 12 resistance the other +12 defense. so the Cyber Hunter without using energy could have +12+1 resistance and +9+1 defense or +12+9+1 resistance and the tact merc the opposite with the exception of boosting resistance with Blood shield which at level 7 they could have 12 points of added resistance at a low cost of health. Level 5 energy shield cost 19 points of energy which means one less skill that could be used. The new class Blood Mage has to choose between physical and resistance armor without additional points on defense or resistance.

Technician helped increase the power of the Plasma Cannon and without that boost the amount of resistance will make the Plasma Cannon look like a water gun and you might as well call the fire ball a fire spark. After the this so called war is over then I will be back n 2vs2 and doing some experimentation.

Slippery slope. Dare I say, circular reasoning.

Your essentially basing random events on certain things. Well, since the 49'ers are in the playoffs, that can only mean one thing: Tech Mages becoming OP'd. No. Of course not. Titan's a tech mage because that's what he likes, not what he "hates with every fiber of his being".
AQW Epic  Post #: 351
1/8/2012 0:41:05   
Gepard Acht

if every class gets. A passive armor, they should give merc both def and res passive armor to prevent the class' further destruction
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 352
1/8/2012 0:54:56   
Yo son

"if every class gets. A passive armor, they should give merc both def and res passive armor to prevent the class' further destruction,"
wow last time I checked 3 classes in this game have 1 passive armor; 2 of which are OPED [ch and tlm] now why in the world would you give a class two? do you even think before u post crap like this? really. this is by far the selfish idea i ever seen; no matter what class you want it to be implement to. your idea is almost as selfish as ED; your class first or in ED terms, Money first.
Post #: 353
1/8/2012 1:18:05   
goldslayer1

@yo son
well it make sense since merc was originally suppose to be a "tank" type of class.
whats the point of having a "tank" class if all the other classes can tank just as much, plus be able to regain energy, aswell as having other good skill combos.

and have u noticed how merc is the only class that cant regain energy? that puts it at a big disadvantage.

ur also seem to be ignorant enough not to realize that hybrid, plus plasma armor combo takes 20 skill points to be at best.
the leaves it with only 13 points left.
the requirement for skill points and stat reqs is big and i dont see a problem if mercs were given plasma armor for bloodshield.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 1/8/2012 1:20:12 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 354
1/8/2012 1:34:36   
Gepard Acht

How was that selfish, makes sense and Golds explanations is exactly what I had in mind when I wrote this 'crap' and I'm not even a merc'.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 355
1/8/2012 1:43:34   
goldslayer1

@gepard
well gepard, dont forget most people who post on forums in balance thread and balance updates haven't really been the classes they are talking about. and if they say they were, then were they that class as of the last balance update?

i been a merc about 2 and a half weeks ago. and i must say i was lucky enough to get 80% as a full var.
while with other classes i could get 95%. and my build was good, and well thought out. (spent hours testing it)
a plasma armor would only bump that 80% into an 85%.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 1/8/2012 2:01:14 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 356
1/8/2012 2:01:34   
Gepard Acht

I was only a merc in early beta so it was a lot easier than it is now, a lot of people complained about mercs UPedness so I figured they need something a bit major , didn't expect a total reject
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 357
1/8/2012 2:03:24   
goldslayer1

@gepard
well there are ways to buff both blood mage and merc class at the same time (buffing berserk er, or lowering its energy requirement. altho i think buffing it would seem alot better because bloodmage can regain energy while merc cant plus the amount of energy required would prevent super abuse)
AQW Epic  Post #: 358
1/8/2012 2:30:57   
Gepard Acht

I never been a BM so all I know about them is by fighting them, and I don't think they need any thing major except a proper EP stealer move in place of one of the caster skills as they have too many of those

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 359
1/8/2012 2:38:09   
Yo son

quote:

well it make sense since merc was originally suppose to be a "tank" type of class.
whats the point of having a "tank" class if all the other classes can tank just as much, plus be able to regain energy, aswell as having other good skill combos.

and have u noticed how merc is the only class that cant regain energy? that puts it at a big disadvantage.

ur also seem to be ignorant enough not to realize that hybrid, plus plasma armor combo takes 20 skill points to be at best.
the leaves it with only 13 points left.
the requirement for skill points and stat reqs is big and i dont see a problem if mercs were given plasma armor for bloodshield.

who ever said merc was supposed to be an original tank class? tank build only came out by the ending of beta and it became viral after robots and enhance were added to make a great idea into an oped build. Pay attention that merc ruled the game during beta due to tank and the are no longer considered oped because tlm replaced them.

"and have u noticed how merc is the only class that cant regain energy? that puts it at a big disadvantage." this is only unusual to you because TLM came along and basically made the class look like a malfunction prototype. in other words there was a time when hybird+ another passive never existed and things seemed to be some what fine.

after enhancement was added things like requirements on skills became very useless and serve the only purpose of limiting/kill skills.

if i still had any interest in this game; the best here solution i give is remove every defensive passive in this game; including SA; why? skills that should only be passive are skills that allow you to regain or skills like deadly aim; defense isn't supposed to be passive.
Post #: 360
1/8/2012 3:00:21   
goldslayer1

quote:

who ever said merc was supposed to be an original tank class? tank build only came out by the ending of beta and it became viral after robots and enhance were added to make a great idea into an oped build. Pay attention that merc ruled the game during beta due to tank and the are no longer considered oped because tlm replaced them.

last i checked, tech mages ruled beta, and hybrid is suppose to be a skill used for tank. but tank wasn't the best build.
and support merc was better than tank.

quote:

"and have u noticed how merc is the only class that cant regain energy? that puts it at a big disadvantage." this is only unusual to you because TLM came along and basically made the class look like a malfunction prototype. in other words there was a time when hybird+ another passive never existed and things seemed to be some what fine.

its unusual because it is the only class without a energy regain, before delta came it was also the only class without an energy regain.
dont bring tlm excuses into this.

its like that time i watched family guy mayor debate and all they said to win the debate was "911"
apparently people feel on the forums that saying "TLM" is winning the arguement.
guess what, it doesn't work here.

quote:

if i still had any interest in this game; the best here solution i give is remove every defensive passive in this game; including SA; why? skills that should only be passive are skills that allow you to regain or skills like deadly aim; defense isn't supposed to be passive.

in that case then the only passive that would remain is static charge, and assimilation.
reroute works on defense (the less defense, more energy, the more defense the less energy)
bloodlust regains hp so its like having extra defense negating the effect of ur enemy last attack
AQW Epic  Post #: 361
1/8/2012 11:29:58   
Laces

@Hype. Thank you. I doubt that'll convince him though.

Offtopic: Go 49ers! Tough game against NO next week
AQW Epic  Post #: 362
1/8/2012 11:39:27   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Lol, i remember when mercs were underpowered. Good times, (even though i was a merc lol)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 363
1/8/2012 12:23:26   
Dendavex

TLM aren't even OPED they're not even UPED
CH is Oped with some sort of a tank build.
Overall Good update for TLM/CH
Epic  Post #: 364
1/8/2012 12:25:40   
One Winged Angel1357

@Chosen that was a real long time ago last time i remember Merc being UP'ed it was in December of '09 by, I think, February of '10 MErc had figured out how to rule 2v2 and held that foot hold up until Class Evo save for the HLTM era
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 365
1/8/2012 12:41:07   
Yo son

@goldslayer1

quote:

last i checked, tech mages ruled beta, and hybrid is suppose to be a skill used for tank. but tank wasn't the best build.
and support merc was better than tank.

mb for the typo; I meant by the ending of beta. AM pretty sure tank was their best build; a build that depends on luck isnt a good build. A tank will beat a support merc any day.

quote:

its unusual because it is the only class without a energy regain, before delta came it was also the only class without an energy regain.
dont bring tlm excuses into this.
its like that time i watched family guy mayor debate and all they said to win the debate was "911"
apparently people feel on the forums that saying "TLM" is winning the arguement.
guess what, it doesn't work here.

am not sure if you was here when tank first came out; but tank became the new reigning build and it lasted into delta, the only class of which flawlessly use tank builds then was mercs; this means that mercs were the reigning class till beta and up until delta mercs were considered OPED or being discussed on the forums as an OPED classs. Now here is the question; if a class is reigning or considered oped without an energy regain skill, why does it need it? and Yes hopefully you see how TLM being mention is relevant because if tlm didn't come along that means that merc possibly will still be an OPED tank class if not already nerfted. Also apparently you think that thier is noting wrong with TLM if you think a regain skill and hybird goes along. What happened to all the merc? the all changed to TLM; why? because TLM is a merc version for dummies with more features added to it to make it easier to understand/use.

quote:

in that case then the only passive that would remain is static charge, and assimilation.
reroute works on defense (the less defense, more energy, the more defense the less energy)
bloodlust regains hp so its like having extra defense negating the effect of ur enemy last attack

Not really; pay attention to hybrid or plasma armor/mineral armor; these skills just stay their; the are not affected by anything, the just reduce damage physical or energy; but reroute/ bloodlust are affected by alot of things; how much hp/mp you regain depends on how much you you hit or get hit; how much you hit can depend on your strength or support[primary/ secondary/ auxiliary]; how much you hit also depends on opponent defenses, in other words technician or dexterity. if you block you regain no mana; if opponent block you regain no hp. but if a player with hybrid armor blocks then hybrid armor doesn't have to reduce any damage because is 0.

Here is an idea; there should be a testing server where players go and test their ideas without their battle record being affected. these test will not affect the actual game ad ideas must be first approved by majority of experience/high level players on the forums to prevent stupid over stacked ideas some will come up with.

< Message edited by Yo son -- 1/8/2012 12:49:05 >
Post #: 366
1/8/2012 13:11:39   
Zeoth

@above
I can agree with u that tank merc beat support merc. I used tank merc throughout Gamma and it was by far my best build. I mean if I could do 50 2v2 and get 100% isn't that kind of cheap?
But I have to Disagree with you that if TLM didn't come along merc would still be OP I think BM and CH would still beat it a majority of the time
P.S posted from my IPhone sorry for typos :P
Post #: 367
1/8/2012 13:30:07   
Yo son

if bots weren't nerfed; then it still be a top notch class; then again with enhancement a player can tank and stil have reasonable amount of strenght or support to out damage. so their is a possibility it still be stronger; also the old CH wont stand a chance against a merc, same goes for bm.
Post #: 368
1/8/2012 13:51:00   
Zeoth

Old CH would handle fine against merc considering if used correctly it could compete with TLM
Post #: 369
1/8/2012 15:26:04   
Hun Kingq

Laces, convince me of what?

I hope you know Titan has a Flow chart on his computer of what he wants done next and all of this was planned from taking away skills to adding new skills and it was even planned for some skills be used with a staff or a sword. Hybrid was taken away, Blood shield was given, and by some fluke the new passive armor is called Plasma Armor and then Technician is taken away so that the Plasma Cannon can't get a boost. So now that boost is gone the common build for defense and resistance, defense 29-35+1, resistance 26-32+1. Since the Blood Mage does not have a debuff to affect those stats or one that will increase damage, a Blood Mage will be lucky to get above 40 damage on the same level player.

All you players that play a Blood Mage and think high strength is the way to go with low defense and resistance you will see a huge increase in your losses but of course you will still write the Blood Mage class is just fine don't need improvements. The losses will either force you to change class or just stop playing all together.

So the questions to asks are what will they take away or swap out so the Blood Mage can't have that increased power will it be reflex boost with something that will only increase defense not dex as well, to take away the little energy regain the Blood Mage has since the Blood Mage was never meant to have energy regain or will they swap out Deadly Aim with some absurd skill so the Blood Mage can't have an increase in sidearm damage? If the Blood Mage was never suppose to have technician was the Blood Mage never suppose to have Deadly Aim as well?

Too many players want easy and quick wins and that is sad and that is why they are glad to see the Blood Mage power to be tapered down one update after the next so now we have to wonder what will the next update will bring since the balance update was not to happen until after the war was over.
Epic  Post #: 370
1/8/2012 15:51:42   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@hun If you're a BM then you must be a really terrible one. The enemy is the lucky one if I'm only hitting 30's on them. Even TLMs with max Mineral Armor barely drop me down to 30 damage on Fireball(note that it's a physical attack and Mineral protects physical). The only thing your suggestions seem to fix is the fact that BM doesn't destroy everything they fight. To be honest, I was torn between the Fireball buff. It's my favorite skill and I love it so I would support the buff it got but at the same time I knew it was really powerful already and may dip into OPd waters if it got buffed too much. My win ratio is not suffering from being a BM. Not even in 2vs2 is it suffering. Nor Juggernaut. If TLM wasn't the one that started on top then I would say that BM is the OPd class. The right build gets you more damage output than either Stun Zerk merc or Str hunter.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 371
1/8/2012 16:19:17   
rej

I'm just going to start blocking Hun's messages.

On topic: I assume the war bosses will be released this following week, or perhaps slightly sooner?

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 372
1/8/2012 17:23:37   
Hun Kingq

The ND Mallet Guy, I am one of the best Blood Mages in the game I have won matches will being smoked or malfunction sometimes both sometimes a response in the game is can't you ever die. I have been hit with max level supercharge and they only got 30 damage. 30 damage on max that is it I hate to break it too you that is not damage that will keep you alive against the same level player with varium armor. You may not see the losses yet because all the experienced players been busy with the war and once they start going back in regular battles you will not last long with high strength, low defense/resistance. If you got 30 damage with fireball before the update then 30 damage after the update at the same level then there was no buff. a buff would be seeing 80 damage at max listed go to 100 damage at max, that is what a buff would be.

If they wanted the Blood mage have better energy resistance then all what they had to do is make improvements to technician not replace it.

Next people will complain about the smoke/stun grenade because not many have seen how too powerful that combo is like I have seen it used

Removed flame baiting. ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 1/9/2012 17:15:05 >
Epic  Post #: 373
1/8/2012 17:34:02   
One Winged Angel1357

@Hun can you get off your "The Devs planned all of this" agenda or whatever you want to call it the balance update is to get everyone closer to the same level of power. From what I'm seeing besides the new CH build, which really was an ingenious move by whoever made it, the update has knocked TLM down one peg evening them out and BM is just fine. In fact from the way I'm seeing it you seem to want BM to be the new TLM possibly because you use it but it's doing just fine so it did not need a power boost an switching technician with its armor allows for a defensive tactic which was rather tricky with the previous offensive style of the of the BM.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 374
1/8/2012 17:34:18   
I am Primal

hun bro u just want bm to be op. fireball got a 5 dmg buff which is good in this game. ur asking for like a 20 dmg buff. thats op. i've been bm afew times and i was once (when blood mage 1st released) THE best 2 vs 2 blood mage getting 1st in daily 2 vs 2 142 2 vs 2 at a 83.5% win ratio. and i like the fact ur standing up for your favourite class. aswell as one of my favourites. but i think ur trying to get it op. bm just needs an enegry drainer. and dont remove their str debuffer cuz it's actually a really good move.
Post #: 375
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!
Page 15 of 17«<1314151617>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition