Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)
Page 10 of 16«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/23/2013 21:48:08   
kkutwar

I did mention Blazing Eagle was forcibly shown the Fourth Wall right? Either way, I should of labelled him more as an existential villain who only cares about "thwarting" the beings' plans on the other side. He doesn't consider anyone in their universe to be truly alive or free, and thus doesn't care what happened to others.

Anyways, how many of his creatures are still alive and what are their condition? Regarding the remaining eight Supers, is that including the PCs as well? For the survivors, can you give more information on them? They'll probably be important.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 226
3/24/2013 18:24:41   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

You did indeed PM me about Blazing Eagle's past breach of the fourth wall. If he feels that way though, he really shouldn't be known as a hero. As for the creatures, I would imagine that not very many of the fire-breathing winged snakes are left, as they've spent quite a while attacking a group of deadly superhumans. The rhinoceros is probably close to falling (If it hasn't already) as well.

As for survivors, the currently known people to have gotten out (Mentioned in a player's update) are Shadow, Infinity, Thanatos, and a mysterious being known as the Hunter. There are other characters that have made it out, but they have not yet been discovered. Another Out-of-Sight passage will be written after all of the players have escaped Times Square, detailing some of what is to come.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 227
3/24/2013 18:49:28   
kkutwar

Why, he sort of is. He only goes after stuff that basically screams "Super-important plot thingy!" Its not that he hates life, he just doesn't care about people dying. He's actual morality is a confusing mess, much like real-life tends to be. Honestly, anyone who proclaims they're pure good are lying to themselves while even the evilest complete monster has something important to them.

Past-me doesn't have the experience I have now, and its an unchangeable mistake. Blazing Eagle thinks along the lines that the people on the other side control everyone's life and is believing the delusion that he's free. He did have that crisis, but eventually decided he could derail their plans. Well, anyways, so only four NPC Supers survived? This Hunter figure certainly seems important, and Eagle is willing to work with others to complete his goals.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 228
3/26/2013 15:22:29   
.R.M.

If we ever meet other supers, and become allies with them, will there ever be a "group" system? Something where you could view their powers, inventory and such. I don't know about controlling their actions with another update, but I think the group system would work.
AQW Epic  Post #: 229
3/26/2013 20:18:01   
Lord Darkblade

Update?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 230
4/6/2013 15:10:59   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Sorry for the tardiness again. Just recently got access to a computer.

Congratulations, Lord Darkblade and kim346! You both have officially escaped the joint event! The new stability updates will now effect y'all too, as you decide what to do in your new location!

@kkutwar:
Any NPC (Even the absolutely insane) can be befriended and worked with. Sometimes it might not be the best idea, but if you meet another character, there is always the possibility of allying with them. Heck, you could even make a deal with Dr. Gregory Hound while in S.W.A.T. custody, if you're desperate. The Hunter is the only currently-known NPC to have survived, Shadow, Infinity, and Thanatos were players.

@.R.M.:
I don't really know what you're saying, but I think you mean being able to view an ally's stats? If so, then you can always ask them in the game.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 231
4/6/2013 22:39:24   
.R.M.

I mean from the point of knowing what NPCs can do. What power they have (if they have any) and what their inventories are.
AQW Epic  Post #: 232
4/8/2013 18:15:59   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

I don't really see how that'd be different from asking them, besides maybe instantly getting to know just how helpful they are. I think it might be easier to just have them tell you about their skills/things with them, instead of having a new mechanic. I'm sorry if I'm frustrating you, but I truly don't see how it'd be worth it, as in reality your character wouldn't be able to do so. If you're curious about NPCs, I try to release some information regarding them here when it becomes available to a player--Mainly through the use of Out-of-Sight passages (One of the two current ones contains aliases of most major Super-Powered NPCs).
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 233
4/8/2013 18:22:26   
kkutwar

Can we create NPCs for the game?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 234
4/11/2013 22:30:19   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

You can create suggestions, and they may be incorporated into the story. Nothing so clear as an application, but you may see small bits that people tell me they'd like to see pop up here and there. Whole new characters might mess up the storyline that is progressing, so they'd have the greatest chance (Which is still unlikely) if there is a sequel.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 235
4/14/2013 16:50:13   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Congratulations, kkutwar! You are officially the fourth player to escape the first Joint Event! The updated stability rules will now apply to you as well!

Also, the next Joint Event (Since we are already at page 9) will most likely be much smaller, and more of be an aftereffect of the events that occurred in Times Square, tied in with another Out-of-Sight passage.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 236
4/14/2013 23:27:47   
kkutwar

I assume the giant whale monster is rampaging and killing things? Man, Eagle's never getting that slot back. Seriously, how is that unholy monster going to die? He can't dismiss his creations and every one takes up a slot until they die.

Either way, how come Eagle's stability is unaffected?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 237
4/25/2013 15:29:09   
Lord Darkblade

Update soon?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 238
4/29/2013 19:53:44   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

I apologize for the wait everyone. I had actually typed the update earlier, but my computer decided it should randomly shut down and erase all progress.

Congratulations, Selutu! You have officially escaped the Joint Event alive! Now allied with the Hunter and with a better handle on your stability, things shouldn't be quite so difficult!

@kkutwar:
The unaffected stability of Blazing Eagle was an error on my part. I forgot that you had escaped the Joint Event. As for the whale, I guess that that is one of the disadvantages of summoning such huge abominations. And you do still have a hold on your crystal, correct?

Also, sorry for the repeatedly long updates, Kosefira. I guess it's a side-effect of being the first to find out such plot elements.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 239
4/29/2013 19:59:32   
Lord Darkblade

Awesome, even I now know my own backstory.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 240
4/29/2013 20:54:59   
kkutwar

Since there's an unholy undying not-whale abomination will the chaos and destruction it causes be noted in updates? Eagle should still have his crystal, and anything special about this Bakery?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 241
4/29/2013 21:53:17   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@Lord Darkblade:
I thought that players would enjoy having a backstory, as it'd flesh them out a little bit more. I didn't really want to contradict your own ideas about Infinity's background, though, so I was pretty vague. I'm glad to see that you enjoy it.

@kkutwar:
Only things that you see will be listed in your update. If you let it roam, you'll only be able to search for its life force to get a general idea of where it is, and its condition. As for the bakery, not really. Most locations are not essential to the plot of the game, and often times one may encounter a source of food (Such as a bakery, cafeteria, or other location), or weaponry. It's more of an attempt to make New York seem more like a living city (Even if it is a shell of its past).
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 242
5/2/2013 22:45:01   
kkutwar

4/30/2013 0:25:59

I meant partially generic/out-of-game updates on its activities and the events surrounding it. The other player characters should eventually notice it, and the good doctor might very well be intrigued that Supers can create unnatural lifeforms. Exploiting and refining its usage, the power of Creation could be used to create super-soldiers. Not entirely sure why they're hunting us, but they already came a good way at understanding our physiology and the crystals' nature. Doesn't seem too implausible they intend to weaponize our powers or use them to benefit humanity.

quote:

No usage of powers: -4%
Slight usage of powers: -6%
Average usage of powers: -8%
Major usage of powers: -10%.

If we've gain better control of our powers/stability, wouldn't it make sense we deplete less stability overall? The new stability system for using powers actually seems worst than before. Regardless, we lost four percent no matter what we did. So still losing four points when not using powers and losing even more when using them hardly seems like an improvement. Not to be offensive, and I admit to not keeping up-to-date on the OOC/IC stuff but I figure it makes more sense if you subtract two from those scores. Plus, for each of our characters what would count as Slight/Average/Major? Otherwise I don't have any issues and I only brought that up because it seemed counterproductive for improved control/skill.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 243
5/14/2013 21:24:46   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

I think that y'all already know I'm sorry.

Lord Darkblade, just so you know, if you pursue the voice, it is unlikely that you will survive. Decisions, decisions...

@kkutwar:
If the whale is significant to Dr. Gregory Hound enough to draw his attention away from his plans (Or any other NPC, for that matter), then yes, it might be mentioned in an Out-of-Sight passage. As for the stability, the main thing is that it's fairer. Previously, it had been, "Oh, I move the rock out of the way with my mind. Well now you lose twice the amount of stability." With that update, at least it'll be a little better, and having a hold on your crystal is now much more helpful.
Also, there are the updates to where sleeping when in close contact of your crystal fully restores stability, and the increased range. I also could've sworn that it was -2% stability for no usage of powers for some reason...
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 244
5/18/2013 16:46:23   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Here's a new Out-of-Sight passage:

Aftershock
Coommander Vincent storms into Dr. Gregory Hound's office, not bothering to knock. "Dr. Hound!" He almost yells, his face turning a dark shade. Gregory stares at him nonchalantly, as if this were completely normal. "Yes?" he asks, his voice calm and controlled, yet Vincent starts speaking before he's even finished. "What the heck happened in Times Square?" he asks, obviously unsatisfied with the result, "You had promised that it'd be the end of this!"
Gregory gives him a small smile, then replies, "I had said that it would likely be the end. How was I to know that only a few dozen Super-Powered would show up, and that among them would be the Hunter?" Vincent breaths deeply, trying to stop himself from hitting the man in front of him. "What happened with the Strength-Zappers?" he asks, remembering watching the deadly green bursts of lightning from the snipers on the roofs of the buildings around the square. Gregory's smile deepens into a grin, and he answers, "Oh, he managed to snag a few, but but the vast majority are still under our control. And, now we have everything needed to put your new troops into production."
Vincent almost smiles at those news. Almost. "Excellent," he says, his temper now under control, "The freaks'll never know what hit them. They had thought that they were above us, that only they were worthy of such power..." he drifts for a moment, contemplating the slaughter that might occur if he were to actually move on with the plan. "There's also the issue of the Outcast," Dr. Hound reminds him after a while, "He's been 'touched by an angel,' remember? And now he's trying to convince the populace that the SUper-Powered are actually good." Vincent grunts, muttering, "Yes, yes, of course. The young boy with the brown hair supposedly healed him of his illness."
"Or took control over his mind," Dr. Hound points out, "They're growing more powerful, Vincent. We can't hold them back forever.Sometimes sacrifices must be made if the greater good is to survive." "Yes..." Vincent says as he comes back to reality, his decision made, "Start injecting the soldiers."

< Message edited by Kosefira -- 7/12/2013 13:09:03 >
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 245
5/18/2013 17:11:32   
kkutwar

Touch Crystal = Possessed by an Unknown entity. No Crystal + Lack of Stability = Forceful takeover by the entity. The crystals must be the prisons for these entities and capable of siphoning their energy. Since crystals cap your Stability at 100% while Dull Water can hurl you over that, obviously they don't understand the crystals and entities as well as they think (or understand them too well). Sure they captured a Lost and developed Dull Water, but those all regard "natural" Supers. Forcefully injecting the entities or a serum derived from them into people who weren't chosen/marked would likely end badly, and since there's crazy people willing to give in to the entity on purpose Artificial Supers going Lost (intentionally or not) would likely end badly for someone. If they intend to weaponize these entities for a Super Soldier project, the sane thing to do would have a control group to see how it works. Pet Losts would only be useful if they can be controlled and don't try to kill you, and superhumans would be useless if they can't handle their own powers. Thus a Super Soldier project would be pointless if they explode from using their powers too much, and even more useless if they randomly exploded even if they do nothing.

Though since Eagle sent his beasties to kill other Supers and near the end take out some of the Strength-Zappers and finally summoned a giant whale monster shouldn't that be notable? Whose the Hunter and did anyone else try destroying the Strength-Zappers?

< Message edited by kkutwar -- 5/18/2013 17:13:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 246
5/21/2013 11:18:29   
Hasame

So when 30 is reached? I'm just going to develop my OC till then I guess.
Post #: 247
5/21/2013 20:22:21   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Players most certainly did do things of importance. I guess I just forgot that because most people have already seen it, doesn't mean Dr. Hound and Vincent wouldn't mention it. I may be able to edit the passage later with some nods to the characters.

Also, I am getting the impression that it'd be a good idea to start implementing the final confrontation from pages 20-25. I figure that it'd be better to have a little extra room than to have it cut off right in the middle of the climax.

@Hasame:
Please, feel free to create a character for future use! It will probably not ever be found in Super-Powered (NY), but that doesn't mean that it couldn't get into a potential sequel!
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 248
6/10/2013 15:49:54   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Here's another mid-game catchup on the standings of stability among the groups:

Heroes: 43%
kkutwar and kim346 are active.
No deaths.

Neutral: 23%
Kosefira and Lord Darkblade are active.
random fun 12 is deceased.

Villains: 105%
.R.M. and Selutu are active.
Starstruck is deceased.

Currently, the Villains are in the lead, with quite a bit more stability. The Heroes are second, with less than half as much, and the Unaligned players are about 20% below that. Keep up the fight, Super-Powered! Will you really allow New York to fall to evil? Or to be 'saved' by their demons? Or for the unknown to occur, and chaos to erupt?
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 249
6/10/2013 16:48:23   
Hasame

Aw man, 30's gonna take years to reach now that I'm waiting. Finished my OC btw.
Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)
Page 10 of 16«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition