Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? II - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? II - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/10/2012 20:01:01   
bugattiboy91

quote:

I would LOVE to see a chimera from AQ in oversoul, not the bad old version but the new AMAZING version! here's a link of what the little devils looks like
http://media.artix.com/encyc/AQ/AQPedia/Monsters/Chimera_11.jpg
Hail nulgath! :::)

I third this motion.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 101
11/10/2012 20:05:26   
ExiledLycan

@vagaran123 To tell you the truth, i just want to get rid of sir galahad i think i made a huge mistake getting him, i really don't even care about the Sg's just the fact that hes in my character list when i don't want him to be, kinda frustrates me..... , EDIT: If this were to be implemented there would be people paranoid of losing their Frost Void, Skexis, Etc. So to avoid this you should be able to create a Password for deleting characters which would be different from your Log in pass... for example "Wish to delete this character?" {Yes} {No} > "Oh... You don't seem to have a password for deleting characters wish to create one?" {Yes} {No} > {PASSWORD} > "You have successfully created your password for deleting characters"

< Message edited by ExiledLycan -- 11/10/2012 20:32:28 >
AQW  Post #: 102
11/10/2012 21:44:52   
shobujd

i think you should make it so that certain characters have a different block

fire witch has a wall of fire

void knight gets a black shadow wall

and other things
Post #: 103
11/10/2012 22:34:29   
Frozentaco

I would like graphics/speed options. I'm playing on my android phone amd it's painfully slow :( makes me not even want to play this great game. :(
Epic  Post #: 104
11/10/2012 23:18:03   
moon keeper

Someone mentioned
a pony version of headless horseman
that would cool
AQW  Post #: 105
11/11/2012 1:17:51   
Xin the Ultimate

A World PvP rank system.
A few different charts would be cool.
Most wins of all time
Most wins of month
Most wins of the week

Maybe the top 10 in the each catagory could get access to the "Warlord Shop" and can buy the Warlord of Nulgath for 25000 gold or so.
DF MQ  Post #: 106
11/11/2012 2:20:10   
Ferine

@shobujd: I think they'll add different blocking animations to every character eventually. They only didn't do so right now because they're focusing on core features.

Augustiner, for example, already uses a wall of barrels for blocking. Pretty awesome graphic-wise. Even Blood Voids use a red shield instead of the regular one.
Either that or they will only add different blocking animations to specific characters, to make them look cool... hopefully not.

quote:

Frozentaco said:
I would like graphics/speed options. I'm playing on my android phone amd it's painfully slow :( makes me not even want to play this great game. :(

Just switch "android phone" with "old PC" and you have me. XD Totally support that.
Besides, it makes a lot of sense for playing on cellphones, since the quality change is barely perceptible because of the small screen.

EDIT: I also second ExiledLycan's (second second, so third?) idea. There are some characters which I just don't like seeing on my character list: on the other hand, I'd certainly hate accidentally deleting my masters... and people don't really pay attention to messages like "Are you sure you want to delete <<character>>?" Besides, if deletion was to be implemented to begin with, a password for it would kind of be needed for security. Otherwise, if you ever share your password (which is forbidden, by the way) with someone - say, your girlfriend - and then you break up with her and she enters your account and deletes all your best characters, then what? The same applies to hackers and such.

< Message edited by Ferine -- 11/11/2012 2:48:38 >

Post #: 107
11/11/2012 2:27:30   
Blackshock

I'd gladly appreciate different lobbies with working rooms. That and an option to mute music, but keep SFX on/

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 108
11/11/2012 3:02:31   
Ferine

@Xin the Ultimate: if a world PvP rank system is ever implemented, then they should make it so that some characters' wins don't count towards it (*coughs* BD *coughs*)... otherwise it'll be messed up, and PvP will be full of dragons just because people want ranks.
Post #: 109
11/11/2012 3:35:19   
Auron Leonheart

@Ferine but you have to think. by the time that system is implemented there will be more legendary souls. XD so the dragon will be on par with everything else in the pvp rankings.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 110
11/11/2012 3:41:33   
Ferine

@Auron: yeah, but a lot of those legendary souls will also be limited to people who buy a lot of SGs, which means the PvP ranking would be nevertheless monopolized by SG users. I don't want that =/. And besides, almost always fighting against OP characters without having one of your own would lessen a lot the fun of it...
Post #: 111
11/11/2012 3:45:27   
Auron Leonheart

@Ferine A tiered pvp ranking would be a better idea. because I don't know about you but I paid 50$ to get a character I'm gonna use it. xD
Open Tier
Legendary Tier
Master Tier
etc....
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 112
11/11/2012 3:50:35   
Ferine

@Auron: hmm... true, that makes more sense, then. I understand xD. But if there's only one tier, then what I said would very likely happen and ruin the fun. At that time, I'll make a thread saying "give me my FUN back!" e.e
Post #: 113
11/11/2012 3:53:31   
Auron Leonheart

@Ferine They make not make different tiers immediately. You know because they have to do extensive testing. I'm absolutely sure they will do it though.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 114
11/11/2012 4:06:55   
Rilami
Shall we resolve this dissonance?

I would suggest a punishment for leaving a pvp match. As it stands, there's no punishment for leaving, and people can just continue leaving, which really, in my opinion, ruins the fun. I clicked on the PvP button because I want to play with a human being, not an AI. Personally, I don't want the punishment to be anything harsh, not at all. Because I know sometimes people have to leave because they have to go deal with something, and that's understandable. However, more often than not, I'll see that same person who left, pvping again. It's really frustrating to me.

My suggestion would be to block a person from pvping after the leave a match, they should be timed out for 5 or so minutes. Of course this would only apply to pvp, they can still do other things while they're waiting, but it's unfair if they just keep going into pvp matches, just to leave them. Also, if they leave multiple pvp matches within the hour, they should be given a longer time out. I don't want people to be punished harshly, because they may have just left to go do something, in which case, 5 minutes wouldn't matter since they'd probably be busy in any case. However, if someone is leaving just to grief, they should be punished with a time limit.
Post #: 115
11/11/2012 4:19:51   
Ferine

@Auron: well, this is Beta after all. I don't want to see a finished game unbalanced in such a way, though: I'm saying this because I've seen wonderful games being ruined just like that, and more than once, to boot. Besides, the companies would never do anything to fix it, because that forced people to buy stuff with IRL money, which, in turn, gave the dying game some cash... I think (and hope) AE is not like this, though.

@Rilami: that could be a problem for people like me, who, because of lag, bugs and oh my!, are sometimes forced out of a match by the system =/. As in, if I lose a match, an error message appears and I'm forced to relog; that could be interpreted by the system as chickening out. Also, I often just lag and am forced to relog (which also happens in PvE) right in the middle of a battle: should I be punished because of that, even if the punishment is light?

I understand the idea, though. I've also had plenty of people who I had beaten in an earlier match leave right in the beginning (if it were me, I would say "yes! a rematch" and be happy to begin with e.e) and leave me to fight with an annoying AI.

Which brings me to another topic: once you've played for a few days, it's... nearly impossible to EVER lose in PvE, even if you're a Peasant and the opponent is a Pumpkinlord or something, just because the AI is so bad. Again, this is Beta, but I honestly hope there will at least be some wild characters with higher AI in the future. To begin with, evolved characters shouldn't be easy to beat with non-evolved ones, even in PvE...

Meh, I'm all-in for Auron's idea at any rate. Fighting repeatedly against a Black Dragon with my mere Pikeman Commander sounds a bit unfun.
Post #: 116
11/11/2012 4:23:20   
Rilami

@Ferine

Well, hopefully those issues are fixed beforehand. I don't think my idea should be implemented quickly when compared to things like that, that are much more important.

As for AI's, they're meant to be easy, because that's how people train, I think oversoul is more of a pvp game, with some pve to get a higher level and farm, etc. However, I believe they do plan on implementing things like bosses, so those might be the form of "Smart AIs" you're looking for.
Post #: 117
11/11/2012 4:24:11   
Auron Leonheart

@Ferine being able to set difficulty for the AI would be an effective solution. I really don't want to end up fighting an intelligent AI when I'm grinding xp
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 118
11/11/2012 4:36:16   
Ferine

@Auron, you're a freakin' fountain of ideas. o_O

@Rilami, the idea is to make grinding a bit more challenging and fun. Farming for characters that don't appear very often, as of now, is plain boring. Besides, if the AI required strategies to beat, we wouldn't see lvl 6~8 people in PvP throwing one card per turn without charging... they'll eventually learn their lesson, but why do people have to learn strategy and competitive playing only in PvP?

Still, I get your point: all is fixed if Auron's idea is implemented ewe. Just have the standard AI at easy, then have an option of raising the difficulty when you feel ready. There are also people who wouldn't like for grinding to be a challenge, either (^)...

As you said yourself, however, there are much more important matters at hand, like the stability of the server as a whole (it does make sense for a beta server to be unstable). It's no use adding smart AIs and challenges if I can't take on the challenges to begin with.

(anyway, if they're challenging enough, then I'm so going to enjoy bosses when they come out~)
Post #: 119
11/11/2012 6:10:59   
TheSage

I want to see a MEME Monster!! It attacks by throwing random memes at you!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 120
11/11/2012 6:18:35   
Leader
Unrequited

Rilami, sometimes it freezes at loading 100 per cent during PvP, so I propose that at least during testing stages, no punishment system should be implemented.
Post #: 121
11/11/2012 6:21:47   
Rilami

@Leader

Of course, I don't expect punishment to come anytime soon, like Ferine said, there's quite a few more important things as of this moment.
Post #: 122
11/11/2012 6:30:39   
TheSage

I think for the PvP situation most of the people that are leaving the fights are the low levels when they are pitted against a higher level.
If it can be done a simple "Grade" system can be used and the "PvP Grade" you are in is determined by your level.
levels 1-4 can be Beginners
levels 5-8 can be Trainees
levels 9-12 can be Intermediate
levels 13-16 can be Advanced
and levels 17-20 can be Elite
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
11/11/2012 6:33:15   
tobelebo9

Being able to pay with gold instead of soul gems to get Master ranked characters.
It doesn't have to be for all of them but for like alot of them.
For example: There are 2 new Halloween based characters, if you make one of them soul gems and the other one gold.
That would make it fairer against free players.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 124
11/11/2012 6:34:10   
Vagaran

^ The reason to why SG's is requires is mostlikely due to them being seasonal + their attack animations are unique.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? II - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition