Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Omega Marathon

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Omega Marathon
Page 6 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/8/2012 9:15:40   
D.v.D.

quote:

Nothing in this Agreement places a duty on Company to ever reimburse any player by providing experience credit for any experience lost for any reason. Company will never reimburse or be obligated to reimburse players for any experience loss in a monetary manner, such as but not limited to monetary reimbursement or monetary credit.

Now that's contradicting...I interpret it as the following:
First sentence Company do not have to refund players.
Second sentence Company will never refund and players.
AQ Epic  Post #: 126
12/8/2012 9:34:27   
Oba

quote:

Common sense or not, T&C are clear. They are here for years, things were changed in all AE Games and no one found it as much of a problem. With that common sense you mention, they are already awarding us in some form as stated by Devs themselves few days ago. And no, they aren't getting "deleted" but revamped. They will stay as they are but on a new system, simple as. I don't see what you're arguing about there or what point you're trying to make. Reward/compensation will be given, end of. What else do you want on top of it? It's all confirmed as it is.
Also heard of opportunity cost? To make a change, you may have to sacrifice something but it may turn out better in the end. May be the case here.

I simply wanted to state my opinion when you, and Eventus, posted the so called "Terms and Conditions" EpicDuel have about refunds.

And about the common sense, I have a good example with my internet connection. The company recently released a router, you make a contract with them on 2 years which cant get cancelled. They follow these "rules" they have very strictly. No refunds and no way to cancel a already active subscription. Yet, with this router you cant connect aerials and get faster connection speed. Now they recently updated the router and the software, and everyone will get the updated router for free. As a compensation for the not-so-working router.

We have the same scenario here on EpicDuel. Enhancements have been a huuuge mistake from the very beginning, and now it get changed. Therefor we should get compensated. I know we are getting some kind of compensation. My post was not directed to the ED team, but to you and Eventus which quoted the Terms & Conditions.

quote:

Also heard of opportunity cost? To make a change, you may have to sacrifice something but it may turn out better in the end. May be the case here.

As I have understood it, my enhancements which I have paid for before will get deleted when the revamped enhancements system gets live. I might turn out better then it have been before, but as I have spent the crazy amount of money, I am not willing to do it again. Either give me the money I've spent back(as varium so I can use it again on enhancements in the revamped version) or keep it as it have been.

< Message edited by Oba -- 12/8/2012 9:38:47 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 127
12/8/2012 9:39:05   
Thylek Shran

quote:

In my opinion, this is the greatest update of all time. NPC's counting towards the win records was ridiculous. The win record should reflect your WINS, not how many times you could beat up a computer.

That would mean that the staff has not balanced the NPCs good.
But I think that alot NPCs are way more challenging than players.
Of course alot players farm easy NPCs that are 3-5 level weaker
but this does not make NPCs easy at all when they have the same
level than the player character. Alot NPCs have an undercon which
means that they are stronger than they should be at their level.
This is to compensate the artificial intelligence.

I dont have a problem that NPCs no longer count toward the
statistic but I donīt like to read that NPCs are easy at all or
that players that fight alot NPCs do not have skills.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 128
12/8/2012 14:15:05   
Hun Kingq

Trans, Thank you.

I got tired of seeing people begging for refunds over and over again when there is more things that can be discussed that affects the battle.

If they don't go for the 15000 varium idea, which they can implement, then how about this if you buy two 10000 sets to get both type of weapons then you get a free Omega Yeti.

So far what is being kept really top secret is the skills, it was indicated that changes to the skills are coming to make classes different from one another but what are these changes?
What skills will be replaced?
What skills will be removed?
What new skills will we see?

Will we see any information from the staff about the changes to the skills or will we have to see the changes when Omega launches and figure out the new skills if any?
Epic  Post #: 129
12/8/2012 14:34:55   
Darius

I'm sure that whatever the ED team does with the enhancement system in Omega will be for the benefit of the players at large, and that however they decide to compensate us for prior enhancement purchases will be adequate and fair, not to mention unnecessarily generous. The AE team is in no way obligated to refund any of our purchases, the fact that they choose to do so is nothing short of magnanimous.

As far as classes go, I, too, would like to see how they handle all the balance changes they plan to make. If the equipment system, enhancements, and item abilities are slated to change as drastically as they're made out to, it stands to reason that class skills would have to be completely rebalanced, as well. I really think that Omega isn't done pumping out changes yet, either; there's more to be revealed.

Omega will provide a whole lot of options for in-depth build and equipment customization, but it'd be a nightmare for anyone trying to size up their opponent before a duel. I think that's exciting, though; it lends a bit of mystery and intrigue to duels, and may let people who arrogantly claim to have enjoyed a 95% win rate, feel the righteous sting of unexpected defeat a lot more often than they'd care to admit.

The dropping of win counts against NPCs will also reveal who's been padding, and who's truly as elite as they profess to be. I know my win count's gonna drop like a ton of bricks, all I've ever done is farm NPCs. Once Omega rolls live, NPC's won't give exp past Lv.5, nor will they drop battle tokens or provide faction influence. All they'll be good for is PvE challenge, advancing the story, and farming credits.

There is absolutely nothing, not a single change, coming in Omega that has left a bitter taste in my mouth. The only thing that has me worried is simply the fact that I'm still rather noobish to ED, so I really don't have a clue how to create builds and fight with strategy. I switched to Tac Merc to fight with more defense and strategy, but I've never really had any practice, nor can I get my stats to work right.

< Message edited by Darius -- 12/8/2012 20:53:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 130
12/8/2012 15:29:55   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@hun kingq asking for more freebies eh?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 131
12/8/2012 17:49:09   
Midnightsoul

Trizz,
Hun really wishes to be the strongest player in ED...

but seriously, I really appreciate your contribution to ED. :D
You could be the next ED artist for the ED team :OOO
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 132
12/8/2012 21:31:37   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above he can be a strong player if he is flexible with his build and not always sticking to one build thats not working well. and thanks i love ED so i contribute.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 133
12/8/2012 21:42:54   
IsaiahtheMage

quote:

That would mean that the staff has not balanced the NPCs good.
But I think that alot NPCs are way more challenging than players.
Of course alot players farm easy NPCs that are 3-5 level weaker
but this does not make NPCs easy at all when they have the same
level than the player character. Alot NPCs have an undercon which
means that they are stronger than they should be at their level.
This is to compensate the artificial intelligence.

I don't have a problem that NPCs no longer count toward the
statistic but I donīt like to read that NPCs are easy at all or
that players that fight alot NPCs do not have skills.

I completely agree!

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 12/8/2012 21:47:37 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 134
12/8/2012 23:44:57   
Midnightsoul

So those extra stats I paid for my weapons...gone? :(
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 135
12/9/2012 0:52:11   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I really don't understand why you guys are so concerned about what were gonna get for our enhancements.

The fact that the devs are going to do something is enough for me. They really dont have to. They are CHOOSING to.

I'm benefiting from it weather i'm getting 10 credits, or full varium refunds.

Excited to see how Omega will go.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 136
12/9/2012 1:22:18   
Lancerlot

Omega will be released on Dec. 14? I hope nothing bad happens to the dev team this week. With these sorts of updates, something bad usually happens which forces the devs to move the release date a week later. @_@

I still can't wait for Omega though. :D
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 137
12/9/2012 13:06:56   
IsaiahtheMage

To say the truth I'm extremely nervous about this new update. Leaving us non-variums unable to level up unless doing PVP sounds bad. Because with this brand new Enhancement system it makes it sound like Variums can fully equip themselves with 1 OP active and passive ability on each and every single one of their weapons. Meaning we will get curbstomped in PVP leaving us without any way of leveling up since NPCs no longer count. Sure we could fight them for unlimited amount of times and get unlimited credits so that we can buy new gear and fully enhance it our selves but that would take FOREVER. Non-stop endless credit farming for hours and hours each day until we can buy the best non-var gear and fully enhance it sounds terrible and boring IMO. It would take the average non-var days maybe even weeks to do that. Unless you had plenty of time during your day so that you could play ED non-stop for 12 hours each day. But that's just my opinion. :/
AQW Epic  Post #: 138
12/9/2012 13:10:31   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

quote:

It would take the average non-var days maybe even weeks to do that. Unless you had plenty of time during your day so that you could play ED non-stop for 12 hours each day. But that's just my opinion. :/

The devs are trying to make paying for varium a substitute for putting time in. I guess this is exactly what they want, and in my opinion I do think all players should benefit from this. You will be able to buy abilities as well. Not just us varium monsters.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 139
12/9/2012 13:16:30   
IsaiahtheMage

quote:

The devs are trying to make paying for varium a substitute for putting time in. I guess this is exactly what they want, and in my opinion I do think all players should benefit from this. You will be able to buy abilities as well. Not just us varium monsters.

I never really thought of it that way. Now that I think about it, it does make sense. They are making a lot features that use to be varium-only availible with credits and credits just take a far longer time to get then varium does. You make a good point.
AQW Epic  Post #: 140
12/9/2012 13:28:08   
rene196

Even though this may seem good, we still have to pay a lot of credits to

1)Buy the weapon
2)stat modify it

That would take atleast 20k.Payinng like 4k credits just to change the stats ONCE would be too much
They should lower the price..

< Message edited by rene196 -- 12/9/2012 13:41:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 141
12/9/2012 13:39:42   
button33

@ Isaiah

If I recall correctly, the NPC's will still drop credits, so you can farm them. However, they will not count towards battle records, or drop XP and Tokens.
AQW Epic  Post #: 142
12/9/2012 13:52:59   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

quote:

That would take atleast 20k.Payinng like 4k credits just to change the stats ONCE would be too much

When you think about it however you might realize a few things:

1.) We have gone 4 years without changing the stats of our weapons, and we are doing fine.

2.) If you are smart enough, you can make a weapon suit multiple builds. For example, I like doing strength builds and focus builds. I have 28 stats on my weapon, I use 8 on strength, 8, on dex, 12 on tech. I will be able to use this for more than 1 build style without changing the stats.

3.) If you just customize it to fit most of your build needs, or builds that you like to use, you may only have to enhance weapons once or twice in your entire ED Life.

4.) Basically, when you custimize your weapon, you are essentially buying a new weapon. It will work completely different. You will use it for different purposes.

5.) If you do NOT want to keep paying for stats on your weapons, have about 3 of each weapon type. You can then make different build options for each set.

I believe this IS in fact a step in the right direction.

So your basically paying 20k for 4 new weapons. In my opinion that cost is extremely low.

Likewise if you like the looks of an item, theres no rule saying you cant buy 6 of them for different needs. That way you only have to equip the right one. If you use one for each build, you'll save more credits in the long run rather than switching stats back and forth.

This is gonna be a really great system.

< Message edited by Chosen 0ne -- 12/9/2012 14:05:41 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 143
12/9/2012 14:08:59   
Hun Kingq

TRizZzCENTRINO, A player buys a $20 shirt and gets two bots but a player spends $100 like me and many others to buy two promos to get both variants of weapons because veteran players knows especially during the war that some NPCs weakness is energy some are physical so why not give the players either an option of a 15000 varium package including both sets of weapons or if they buy (2) 10000 packs to get both variants of weapons a free Omega Yeti as a thank you.

TRizZzCENTRINO and Midnightsoul my post was about a new varium package and something very little you know of, customer rewards. I am the strongest player in the game I have proven that many times but with the current programming and dealing with requirements not only from weapons but also from skills I as well as many players were basically fighting with one hand tied behind our backs. I have analyze numerous battles change my build accordingly and when you see me with the same build I am conducting tests and seeing at which stat the damage changes.

The staff was limited to how they could balance things because too many skills were linked between classes but still to this day they only mentioned that they would do something about the skills but nothing further.

Instead of pushing information on the skills I get attacked for coming up with a new varium package or rewarding the ones that buys two 10000 varium packages trying to put me out as a very weak player.
Epic  Post #: 144
12/9/2012 14:15:46   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

quote:

I am the strongest player in the game I have proven that many times

Wait... What? Am I misunderstanding something? What makes you the strongest player in the game?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 145
12/9/2012 14:25:27   
rene196

quote:

I am the strongest player in the game I have proven that many times

There are many good players, but nobody is “the best“.

@Chosen

You do make a good point there and I might just do that.

In the end only the special attack and look will make a difference.
AQW Epic  Post #: 146
12/9/2012 14:33:50   
IsaiahtheMage

@button 33 I know that already. What I was saying was it will take an extremely long time for a non-var to buy the best non-var gear and fully enhance it. It seems kinda boring to me spending countless hours and days NPC credit farming when you're not gonna lvl up,earn wins, or help your faction at all. And if I wanna go and do PVP (once Omega is out) I'm afraid I'll get curb stomped by the fully enhanced vars who have the Omega Promos and Evolved Yetis. Leaving me and probably other players in a similar situation without a way to lvl up. And I'm certain some of them will rage quit because of it. The new NPC feature is very helpful, but extremely boring when you think about it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 147
12/9/2012 14:40:01   
ansh0

quote:

I am the strongest player and have proven it many times

10/10 quality post. Lots of thought experience and logic behind it would read again.
Epic  Post #: 148
12/9/2012 14:49:19   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I can't wait for Omega.

I have a plan all ready.

I will be Mr. Justice!

I will get the gun called Justice, the primary club called Judgement III, Zeuszooka, and Iron Hulk armor.

Whenever I finish a battle I will say YOU CAN'T BLOCK JUSTICE! and shoot my gun. (Which is funny because its called justice)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 149
12/9/2012 14:55:49   
Midnightsoul

Well, I'm nervous about the stats system, enhancements, and stuff because I don't want my enhancements to dissapear...

On the other hand, even we become balanced, I'm still curious about the way classes will be changed.. o.O
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Omega Marathon
Page 6 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition