Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Win Ratios, should they be removed?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Win Ratios, should they be removed?
Page 1 of 712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/13/2012 12:58:15   
Angels Holocaust

Seeing as how npcs are going to leave the game, I just thought that it was fitting that win ratios also go with them. Does anyone else agree? Getting rid of npcs is like getting rid of half the problem. If we have no win ratios to deal with, we can use whatever skill we want, class change and copying builds will also go down.

I've changed the title to make it more "discussionable". ~Practel

< Message edited by Practel -- 12/13/2012 14:05:59 >
Post #: 1
12/13/2012 13:02:00   
T66

Not to be rude but that's a horrible idea, its a pvp game win/lose ratios are need
Epic  Post #: 2
12/13/2012 13:04:52   
Remorse

I also dont like this idea,

The fact NPC scores are removed means ratios can represented as they should be, Which if anything should give valid reason not to remove them.

Epic  Post #: 3
12/13/2012 13:17:56   
He Who Lurks

Nice to see you still play ED Angels :)

Honestly, I'm half and half on this issue. I believe that only wins should be shown and not losses. A variation of the latter 2 ideas could be to only show winning %. That way, players that feel discouraged by their old records could look forward to improving them and not feeling emotionally crestfallen at their "permanent" losses.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
12/13/2012 13:23:50   
Mysterion.

No, NPCs are just robots. Just because you like to own only robots, it does not have to mean that the entire wins/losses need to disappear.
This record shows how good or bad someone is, and that should always stay.
And now that the NPCs are gone from battle records it shows there true skills.
Not how many robots you killed.
Epic  Post #: 5
12/13/2012 13:39:01   
Rayman
Banned

^
She's Talking about removing WIN Ratios Not WINS AND LOSSES, that's a whole diferent thing.
Win ratio is the % you have.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/13/2012 13:41:02   
Lady Blue

i don't support this, win ratio is very important in this game because the game is more on PVP
it motivates the players to play smarter and better
this game is a competition, battle of the best
best win ratio. best tactician
Post #: 7
12/13/2012 13:42:49   
Ranloth
Banned

It's all because "hardcore" players are losing their NPCs that they abuse daily. So if one is gone, they can claim the other should also be gone for their sake. >_>
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
12/13/2012 13:52:46   
Smackie El Frog

I'm with trans on this one. Win ratios should not go anywhere.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/13/2012 14:01:53   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

While I'm perfectly open to suggestions, I think that removing the Win/Lose ration would not be the best route to take. Since we are removing NPC wins/loses from adding onto current records when Omega launches, it will really add the much more competitive aspect to the game and leaderboards. I also realize that the NPC's counting towards your Win/Lose ratio before Omega is also what got many people's ratio's so high (i.e, >= 90%), and it's something that people really complained about. Furthermore, if the Win/Lose ratio was completely removed, people who have worked incredibly incredibly hard for a great record, without NPC's, will be highly disappointing, and that's just not feasible.

So, while I do see where you are coming from, having the leisure to customize your builds, try anything without the fear of your record, etc..., there just isn't enough being offered in exchange of fully removing it from the game. To conclude, there are solutions for getting around the Win/Lose ratio. As of Omega, NPC's will no longer count, which should deliver the ability to leisurely customize your build without the fear of messing up your record. Also, it wouldn't make sense to keep a loss ratio and not have a win ratio.

Have a nice day,
~Practel

< Message edited by Practel -- 12/13/2012 14:04:18 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/13/2012 14:07:16   
Baron Dante

Out of curiosity, since the main argument seems to be having the ability to leisurely going around without the fear of records and whatever, would it be feasible at all to have either the ability to turn of win/loss ratio (So that the fights won't count at all, win or loss, no XP or Credits etc.)), or having the ability to temporarily turn it off for some amount of battles per week. It could also be done in the same way as XP Boosts and whatnot, possibly.

Not saying this should be done, or that it'd be the best possible action to take, just mildly curious on the feasibility of such, and possible issues it might have.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/13/2012 14:08:31   
  RabbleFroth

What do you guys think of hiding your total battles and losses from other people, and only showing wins in your battle record? (again, only for other people, you could always see your own stats)
We could still keep the win rate on the leaderboards for the most competitive players.
Post #: 12
12/13/2012 14:11:25   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

I personally don't agree with hiding losses and total battles because it highly promotes quantity over quality. That and it makes life difficult for faction recruiters since they only can go off of wins, not losses. It's great that you have 10k wins and all, but you're not getting recruited if you have over 30k losses going with it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/13/2012 14:11:51   
MirageD

@rabble....sounds fine to me i don't really pay attention to my losses or win ration anyway

~mira
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/13/2012 15:20:23   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

There are two unique perspectives.

If removed, the playing field will be casual, and it can provide a type of enjoyment for players to play freely without being looked and valued by their battle totals (status).

Yet, if removed, the competitive aspect could be lost. This is the one game within the Artix network that keeps a record of our progression through phases, achievements and battle records.
Having all these work in unison, it provides a unique history of the character.

As human beings, we must learn and grow with our success and failures. We cannot just make them disappear for the sake of aesthetic appearance of perfection.

I personally value my losses greatly for they were learning experiences against my fellow peers. If people compete and do their best, their losses will be based on their efforts. That alone, is it special, and should be commended.

< Message edited by Elf Priest JZaanu -- 12/13/2012 15:21:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/13/2012 16:01:37   
legion of souls

quote:

What do you guys think of hiding your total battles and losses from other people, and only showing wins in your battle record? (again, only for other people, you could always see your own stats)
We could still keep the win rate on the leaderboards for the most competitive players.

Great idea RabbleFroth, i support this

AQW Epic  Post #: 16
12/13/2012 16:49:28   
aomont

For me, this is a competition game so I like to see win/loss info either mine and from my oponents. This may not work for some but they work really good to keep me motivated.
Removing this will make the game less attractive to me.

Contrary to the suggestion, I'd love to see more info like my daily record of wins/losses and ratio, my position on ranking if I'm not on LB (I usually am not... lol) and alike.

EDIT:
Actually this hide/not hide feature could work well on our char page but not in game.
I would like to have my losses shown on the char page too, as well as the other features I mentioned,

< Message edited by aomont -- 12/13/2012 16:56:50 >
Epic  Post #: 17
12/13/2012 17:04:00   
Drianx

quote:

I personally don't agree with hiding losses and total battles because it highly promotes quantity over quality.

Not only that, but all players will shamelessly use the 'Lose em all' method of leveling up. Losing all fights as quickly as possible still is the fastest way to level up, the only drawback is the fact that players get ashamed for getting thousands of losses.

Remove experience gain from losses, and I will support this.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/13/2012 17:08:45   
Angels Holocaust

Hiding our losses doesn't get rid of the problem. We've had 3 years with win ratios. Let's have some real change and get rid of them and see what happens. You guys aren't getting the bigger picture. You can't have one without the other, npcs go along with win ratios. If you get rid of one you have to get rid of the other.
Post #: 19
12/13/2012 17:14:44   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

If you get rid of one you have to get rid of the other.

Says who? You? We also have our own opinions, not just you.

NPCs were abused to get decent win ratio, I'm pretty sure you also used them. Now it will go down for those who abused 'em since they must make switch to PvP whilst those who already did PvP will feel very little difference. Explain to us your bigger picture. You mention it and tell us nothing. Enlighten us. What's the point of PvP game without having ratio or whatever?

"Hiding our losses doesn't get rid of the problem."
How does it not? Others can't see it so what difference does it make to YOU if only you can see it? Are you tired of seeing your record being poor? Don't penalise others for it but improve it yourself. :V
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
12/13/2012 17:42:58   
Mysterion.

Im with trans on this one.
The only people who complain about this are the NPC grinders like Angels Holocaust.
The people who only did PVP, wont notice anything since they play this game as they should.

The game is called PVP angels holocaust, not PVE.
Epic  Post #: 21
12/13/2012 17:43:42   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

quote:

Hiding our losses doesn't get rid of the problem.

It may just be me, but I can't tell what the problem is. Is it a leisure issue, a dependency on NPC's for a good record, or something else? It is certainly possible to separate the two, and it makes 100% sense. It just doesn't make sense that a Win/Lose ratio would be influenced by NPC's, simply from the fact that a Win/Lose ratio should be purely influenced by ones accomplishments in-game.

~Practel

EDIT:

This thread is coming very close to flaming and trolling. Please get back on topic, stop the accusations, and have a constructive conversation. This is the first, and final warning.

< Message edited by Practel -- 12/13/2012 17:47:48 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
12/13/2012 18:07:08   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I can see why some people would want to hide, or get of their Win Ratios for instance if it is not particularly good they then obviously would not want it to be available to the public eye. Whereas others may WANT to keep them shown to display their achievements of a good ratio etc, and also for bragging rights. Before, NPCing was a sure way of getting a decent win ratio, but like most people in the game they preferred a "real" challenge like players which is good because if you stick with one thing for long enough you will begin to tire of it and may move onto to something else to cure the boredom which is all well and good. I myself used to NPC a fair bit i will admit, but in the 30+ levels when i gained a good, working build and had a better understanding of how things worked in game (and it DID take a while..) i was then ready to step out from under the NPC's and fight actual players which benefited me in more ways than one, including how to deal with certain builds and gain a better understanding of how things worked.

Slightly long winded so apologies if you don't like reading a lot ;) But I hope you get the point I am trying to make.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/13/2012 18:13:52   
Vypie

After reading this thread, I decided to made a suggestion regarding the win-loss ratios.

It is an idea that would benefit EVERYONE.
Go, check it out! :)
Epic  Post #: 24
12/13/2012 18:41:39   
xxmirxx

I disagree on removing it and I think this funny alot these so call players with bad stats are now saying they just do not npc i think i will do that. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Win Ratios, should they be removed?
Page 1 of 712345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition