Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Get Rid of Win Ratios

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Get Rid of Win Ratios
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/14/2012 3:59:10   
Mother1

@ clutch

They are removing to power varium used to give.

Lately they have been making non varium gear with the stats of varium items to ease the gap, and now to make it fair for all they made varium the lazy boy item. In other words it is to get things quicker then free to play.

Varium players will still get promo's but that is the only power advantage they will get and it will be slight at best. Plus add that with the removal of NPC punching bags for wins and win ratios people had from before will go down the tubes.
Epic  Post #: 101
12/14/2012 4:01:06   
goldslayer1

@clutch
with non vars being as strong as variums in omega and no NPCs, a 90% ratio for a semi-skilled player will easily go down to 65%-70%.
(my predictions anyway)
AQW Epic  Post #: 102
12/14/2012 4:02:53   
Clutch

^^ I'll gladly prove you otherwise when Omega rolls in. :P

< Message edited by Clutch -- 12/14/2012 4:03:25 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 103
12/14/2012 4:03:15   
Mother1

@ goldslayer

Jug ratings will be hit the hardest out of all the mode's if it is left the way it is now but that is what I am guessing.
Epic  Post #: 104
12/14/2012 4:03:51   
zion

How about a compromise?

Right now you can see a char's win % and total build just by bumping-into-them in-game.

What if you can only see win % stats and build during an actual battle???

Outside of battle, you get the char page info; inside of battle all the info.

IMO, kills two birds with one stone: (1) Slows build copying & (2) People don't have to walk around with their bad win %.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 105
12/14/2012 4:04:32   
goldslayer1

quote:

^^ I'll gladly prove you otherwise when Omega rolls in.

i personally think 80% will be possible for the very skilled players.
but if ur semi skilled , expect 65%-70%
AQW Epic  Post #: 106
12/14/2012 4:07:05   
Clutch

Well great discussion guys, I feel bad for the Moderators that have to read through this whole thing :P. But I feel i've gotten my point out there as best I could, cheers and take care.
AQ Epic  Post #: 107
12/14/2012 4:08:15   
goldslayer1

quote:

Jug ratings will be hit the hardest out of all the mode's if it is left the way it is now but that is what I am guessing.

they will have to decrease the lvls a bit more in omega.

and juggernaut shouldn't count as losses for 2 vs 2 for the other 2 lowbies. (to make it fair)
AQW Epic  Post #: 108
12/14/2012 4:11:51   
Mother1

@ goldslayer1

I have to agree with that. Since newbie will now have no excuse not to be able to put up a good fight (since they can farm for the best gear without problem) and the power gap will be gone. But also to be fair it shouldn't count as a 2 vs 2 win either. The only person's battle record that should be affected is the jugs.
Epic  Post #: 109
12/14/2012 4:14:14   
goldslayer1

@mother
have them recieve exp and massive amount of credits then.
i personally would be up for having less exp per match, so lowbies stay lowbies for a longer period of time. but thats just me :P
AQW Epic  Post #: 110
12/14/2012 4:19:48   
comicalbike

so let me get this right i can farm npcs for a week buy all the best things and game is free and i don't need varium and i can do anything i want just farm npcs and a free game this is looking very good
Epic  Post #: 111
12/14/2012 4:21:46   
Nexus...

^
Epic  Post #: 112
12/14/2012 4:36:09   
Mysterion.

^^ Yup, thats why there should always be a tiny bit of advantage ingame for var players.
If not, the game does not make profit and wi eventually be bankrupt
Epic  Post #: 113
12/14/2012 4:44:16   
Thylek Shran

quote:

What do you guys think of hiding your total battles and losses from other people, and only showing wins in your battle record? (again, only for other people, you could always see your own stats)
We could still keep the win rate on the leaderboards for the most competitive players.

This is a good idea. It would hopefully stop the flaming and bragging about win ratio.

quote:

I personally don't agree with hiding losses and total battles because it highly promotes quantity over quality. That and it makes life difficult for faction recruiters since they only can go off of wins, not losses. It's great that you have 10k wins and all, but you're not getting recruited if you have over 30k losses going with it.

But it would integrate players with a bad win ratio more into the game.
The faction members could give them advices how to make a better build
and how to gain more wins.

Instead of a win ratio there should be a new indicator for faction recruiting
that shows the duel activity of a character. Like X wins or duels in the last 7 days.
The most annoying thing in a faction are inactive players or players that only do
very small wins and see ED as an ingame chat community. I never had a problem
with bad win ratio players in my own faction but a BIG problem with players
going inactive.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 12/14/2012 4:45:48 >

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 114
12/14/2012 8:07:46   
Mysterion.

@ Thylek

quote:

Instead of a win ratio there should be a new indicator for faction recruiting
that shows the duel activity of a character. Like X wins or duels in the last 7 days.

This is even a more terrible idea then removing losses.
That means if you couldnt come online one week, you wont be able to join a faction.

And removing losses is a bad idea, you lost because you werent good enough.
You won because you were better (or had luck).
They should never delete this, you have made that record on your own.
If you have a lot of losses, its your own fault because you were the one that was playing.
Ok, if you get hacked they should recover it, but you may never remove the whole losses.

This will only provoke people to lose fast so they get fast credits.
The losses should always be visible for everyone, just like wins.

You can always have fun, since you can always challenge players or go npcing.
And you can even go PvPing, but you may lose some but what does that matter, its just a game?

And if youre good, you can even have fun and win alot.
Its all on you, not on others.
They dont decide for you what your record must be, or how much you need to win.
Even if your faction demands a certain influence each week, leave them.
You dont need a faction to have fun, or be good.
Epic  Post #: 115
12/14/2012 10:17:16   
RageSoul

Of course i agree on this , even though i replied late .
AQW Epic  Post #: 116
12/14/2012 12:24:56   
Thylek Shran

@Mysterion
quote:

This is even a more terrible idea then removing losses.
That means if you couldnt come online one week, you wont be able to join a faction.

You still could get recruited but the chances would be low if your inactive.
This may be bad for you but its good for factions because they need active members.
There is also the option to start an own faction.

And if I may quote you:
quote:

Its all on you, not on others.
They dont decide for you what your record must be, or how much you need to win.
Even if your faction demands a certain influence each week, leave them.
You dont need a faction to have fun, or be good.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 12/14/2012 12:27:15 >
DF Epic  Post #: 117
12/14/2012 13:09:11   
Angels Holocaust

quote:

What do you guys think of hiding your total battles and losses from other people, and only showing wins in your battle record? (again, only for other people, you could always see your own stats)
We could still keep the win rate on the leaderboards for the most competitive players.

What a bunch of malarkey, hiding your win ratio is no different than a fat person telling himself that he's big boned. At the end of the day, you can't run away from yourself, the truth is the truth even if no one sees it.
Post #: 118
12/14/2012 13:11:51   
Ranloth
Banned

That was quite harsh comment to say, awful comparison too. You can change the ratio though, as well as diet (using your example) which can improve it. So your issue is that NPCs are leaving and your record will turn awful because game is PvP again not PvE. It's not even valid excuse for it to be gone only because your record will go down like it should be. >.>
AQ Epic  Post #: 119
12/14/2012 13:39:30   
goldslayer1

quote:

I personally don't agree with hiding losses and total battles because it highly promotes quantity over quality. That and it makes life difficult for faction recruiters since they only can go off of wins, not losses. It's great that you have 10k wins and all, but you're not getting recruited if you have over 30k losses going with it.

not at all, as a founding Co-Leader of CAD, i can tell u that active factions prefer wins over a good record.
what we (for example) want is people who are commander rank and above, because it shows they have been pretty active and have that potential in them.

i would rather have a player who gets 300-400 daily on 80% than someone who gets 100 wins daily on 98%+
we do look at ratio, im not denying that, but we also look at rank, level, how active they are and can be, and and build/class they have.

i wouldn't worry about faction recruiters having a hard time, because if the recruiter was good, he will be able to tell whos skillful and who isn't.

dont get me wrong though, if i can have the same active wins + good ratios, ill take that over wins alone :)

quote:

And removing losses is a bad idea, you lost because you werent good enough.
You won because you were better (or had luck).

that is so misleading.
ur saying we cant lose to luck? disconnections?
AFKing? (by mistake or force-ably)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/14/2012 13:43:06 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 120
12/15/2012 5:21:55   
Nexus...

Over the last couple of years, luck has been associated with many of my losses, and not in the same way that it was back in beta. With more stats, comes more damage, higher crits, higher deflects etc. and because of agility, HP does nothing to stop luck. This is to say, luck has a much greater effect on a battle than it used to. If there is one crit, or one block, or even if your enemy goes first, it will usually mean you lose. No amount of skill, not even boosters, can save you from the unstoppable force that is luck.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 121
12/15/2012 5:42:48   
TRizZzCENTRINO

well, if a strength/focus bloodmage goes first you are basically losing 20% or even 50% chance of winning, and im currently a bloodmage so i know what it is like for other classes to vs me in 1v1.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
12/15/2012 5:58:34   
Mysterion.

Well Nexus, i gotta say this.
If you lose by one crit, block, deflect or first turn, you are not really good.
A real player can still win after one of those, except if its the last turn and they crit you.

Because if you are going to do the finishing blow, and they block. its your own fault.
I never do a blockable finishing blow if he can kill me if he does.
Epic  Post #: 123
12/15/2012 6:31:56   
Nexus...

You are telling me, that if two equally skilled players go up against eachother, and one crits, the other is just as likely to win? I don't think so, crits, blocks, deflects, going first, all have a huge impact on what would have been a fair matchup.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 124
12/15/2012 6:47:05   
goldslayer1

a good example of why losses should be removed is vegafire.
(i dont mean too insult, harass, flame, or make fun of at all)

vegafire. used a creative build in ED, and she was basically suffered the consequences of not using a common set build (i.e caster mage, tank focus, etc) by deciding to use a creative build instead of an already set build, she was winning 42% of the time.

thats a 42% winrate. she was on LB yesterday with 300 wins at 42%.

does that seem fair to u that a player gets massive punishment for trying to have fun and be creative?
as some of u have said, she didn't stop herself from having fun and be creative, and look what happened.
if she had atleast 85%, should we have had 600 wins with all the battles she did.

for those who aren't supporting, think for a second whats its like for a full var player using creative builds, getting 42%.
i dont find that fair, dont see how anyone can.
AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Get Rid of Win Ratios
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition