Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Favourite time period in epicduel?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Favourite time period in epicduel?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/2/2013 13:41:39   
Yianman

Hey guys,
I remember when I first started playing ED back in Beta and it seems like a very short time has passed.

Anyway, I wanted to start this thread so that people can share what their favourite time period in Epic Duel is. Personally mine would be back in Beta, at the release of the new maps because they made the game a lot better because you could explore new areas and challenge NPCs. Good times

So what's yours?

Yianman
AQW Char Page: http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=yianman
ED Char Page: http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=Yian
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/2/2013 14:00:37   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Hi there! Welcome to the ED forums!

Usually for topics such as this an AK will redirect it here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20232099

My favorite phase would have to be Beta as well. It was the phase I joined in and there was a lot of cool stuff back then. I remember my Field Com Beserker build as well as many other things.

Enjoy your stay here!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/2/2013 16:38:16   
Yianman

I'm not new to the forums o_O
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/2/2013 17:02:58   
ivan13267

I say Alpha stage it was fun playing with the mage build and i still play around with it today ^.^.
Epic  Post #: 4
1/2/2013 17:37:20   
Angels Holocaust

When I was first of all time.
Post #: 5
1/2/2013 17:47:49   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@yian

I havnt seen you in GD.

@Angels

Good times were had.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/2/2013 18:06:52   
He Who Lurks

I loved it when EpicDuel had their own separate forums and the community was so much more tightly knit(however, I still appreciate this forum a great deal ).

Game-wise, my favorite phase had to be the Spring time of EpicDuel's beta phase.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
1/2/2013 18:09:16   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@Lurks

The best part of the ED forums was the signatures and probably everything else. The only thing I didn't like about it was the poll that 90% voted no to a merge on. Now look where we are. This place is... Not the same.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/2/2013 19:29:06   
Red Metal2k

Gonna have to go with the over rated reply of I miss beta, but there is a reason everyone says this.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
1/2/2013 22:13:06   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@Metal

I've been thinking of that reason and I seriously can't think of any. The only updates I havnt been satisfied with is when they added agility and when they changed central station.

Beta seriously wasn't that great like most people think. Updates were delayed for weeks at a time. The devs have gotten much better and so has the community. We had a fabulous community before the merge with the forums. People liked going to the ED forums and nobody felt like they were gonna get bullied there.

When we merged with the battleon forums, I think we were all a little bit cranky. I know the 11 or 12 year old me was. I hated the new rules that were now being enforced. I even made a thread called, A note to all AKs, inside it, it said nobody likes you.

My opinion is obviously changed now. I enjoy most if now all of the AK's here now. I may have been to young to understand when I first joined how tough their job is.

Back in Gamma, the community solved their problems by starting riots on the forums. It was horrible. The community was horrible. I cant even imagine what it would be like to be Titan or Nightwraith going through that.

Beta was extremely stressful for me. I wasnt very good and I kept on selling weapons. I still sell lots of my weapons, it's sort of a problem. It will probably be solved as I mature more in real life and think more about my actions.

Here we are now. I think the community is better now than it ever was. I am glad we are here at Battle On forums too, even if they are stricter that the other forums.

I think Epic Duel is headed in a great direction. I can't wait to see where it will be 15 years from now. I will still be here. I will always be here. Wether in a mere memory of epic duel, or chilling right in front of you at Oz, you can count on me to do the best I can. To make epic duel a better place. Im becoming a better person everyday.

~Chosen

< Message edited by Chosen 0ne -- 1/2/2013 22:17:47 >

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/3/2013 0:32:33   
Xendran

Chosen 0ne: Flash games will be either dead or irelevant in 15 years in their current state. Flash is a very poorly optimized platform, and onboard graphics are increasing in power by massive amounts already, negating one of the primary reasons people play flash games: performance issues with more demanding games.

I personally don't see ED lasting past 2020.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/3/2013 0:33:17 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 11
1/3/2013 1:07:29   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@Xendran
Thats fairly scary but possibly true. Ill be with ED till it ends then i guess.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/3/2013 1:16:10   
Red Metal2k

Maybe this is getting a tiny bit off topic, but I see this game having a long life look at Adventure Quest I have been playing that since 2005. With epic duel being fairly new and not even fully complete yet how can we put a cap on it's life. Anyways as I look back I may have a preference over beta, but I do thoroughly enjoy all of what epic duel has thrown at us so far.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
1/3/2013 16:26:13   
kosmo

Does anyone remember when Gamal was 1st in lb whit 15k winz :) ? big times
Epic  Post #: 14
1/3/2013 19:40:36   
Killer666

WHen i was #4 in all time 1v1 in alpha :D and very well known
Epic  Post #: 15
1/3/2013 19:55:20   
Stabilis

If EpicDuel has to shut down for being a Flash game so be it. That means staff can start working on 3D EpicDuel in Unity!
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
1/3/2013 20:01:32   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@Depressed
I dont even know how that would work...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Favourite time period in epicduel?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition