Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 23 of 29«<2122232425>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/31/2013 15:18:58   
Assassin01

@The Jop
Thanks. I'm guessing the thread was cleaned out a bit? I could've sworn that I posted in there.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 551
12/31/2013 15:21:11   
The Jop

@Assassin
Maybe you meant the Character Suggestion thread?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 552
12/31/2013 15:38:08   
Assassin01

Nope, can't remember posting there...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 553
1/4/2014 0:15:44   
DidYouKnowThat

Yeah, it would be awesome if he could at least add 1 more quest. . . . .

I think there's already one quest where you have to buy a bunch of SG's to get access to the shop with the Octagon Knights. . . or Pactogonal . . .or something. . . .whatever. . .

I'm thinking of maybe bring Malakai 25 Souls, and he'll reward you with like 2,500 Gold or something. . . . or at least give us some Gold reward for killing the rats in the cellar. . .even though they magically come back again . . .

(edit) Or make another NPC. . . .''Portal to Nulgath'' or something. . . .or ''Wishing Well'' or something. . .. toss a bunch of souls in, and gold pops out. . . .

Hehe, you know what'd be fun. . . .Wishing Well. . .dump a bunch of Souls in, and gold pops out. It also has a small chance of dropping. . . .. . NO NOT SOULGEMS. . . . . .. . . . . small chance of dropping an artifact, or a special edition character only from the Well. . . or some other kinds of Trinkets. .
You see, Souls would be an item drop. Maybe a 5% or 10% item drop. . .maybe 20% max. . . .and depending on how many you drop in the well, it will determine your prize. But even if you dump like 700 souls in there, sometimes nothing will pop up. . .. will be very fun. And the items Nulgath adds to it, could be a mystery. Like, it would not be included in DN's. . .

Referring to JoelJ's comment, it will give us a purpose to play.! Find more thingies. And sometimes it could give you tips or something.

Example: ''A mysterious voice says : blah blah blah'' Blah blah blah would be some sort of hint or tip, such as where a character is located, or a hidden spot is. Or something.

Or sometimes, like I said, it would remain silent, not giving you anything, not even Gold. ''The Well is silent'' or ''Echoes a dull sound'' but nothing.

Just something I thought of. . . .

And don't make it like Wheel of Doom in AQW that turned that game into poop. Like, don't make it like if you put SG's into it, it will bring up better gifts. . .cause that's just messed up. Lol.

(Edit) Can you also make another Dungeon. ''Trick Dungeon'' or something? I'm not sure, just throwing names out there.

But like, this Dungeon, it lets you choose what level the Monsters inside are. So you can choose level 5 dungeon, and everything you encounter there is level 5.

Or you can choose level 20, and everything there is level 20. So yeah, what I'm asking for is like, a grinding dungeon where we can battle different leveled monsters. . . .and test it out against other levels, etc.

(Edit) Also, can we duel NPC's. . . . . . . . . ?

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/5/2014 1:41:13 >
Post #: 554
1/5/2014 2:21:27   
Jmagician

@DYKT: A "spin the wheel and win a prize" type suggestion. Seems interesting, but using possessed souls to activate the event strikes me as a bit too dark. But then again, this game isn't AQW.

Also your second suggestion of making "level dungeons" will actually make this game worse. SG payers will pretty much be breeding level 20s given the current AI level. Before we see something like this, we need to see a boost in AI. Perhaps the level of difficulty increases as you go from levels 1-20. Or you we could have pre-set AIs for this specific dungeon so it can work as a training ground to truly put your skills to the test with a great reward to boot!

As for your last suggestion, I think OS will implement such a feature. Once everything starts rolling and OS actually becomes the game it was meant to be, we can expect all types of boost in gameplay including quests that would most likely use NPCs to access.
AQW  Post #: 555
1/5/2014 3:33:56   
DidYouKnowThat

@Jmagician: Nope. I plain don't like Wheels.

For my 'Wishing Well' idea, you don't know what you can get from there. Like I said, the DN's will not tell you, nor anything in-game. Probably only Wiki will know.

So basically, you just keep battling, and occasionally, your killed opponent will drop a ''Soul'' or maybe ''Soul Shard'' or ''Soul Token'' or something. Then you can dump as many as you want in there, and

sometimes gold will pop up, maybe a card, maybe even an artifact, or even a character which will wake up and you can fight it, and have a chance at possessing it. Or something.

And sometimes, you can even get ''knowledge.'' What I mean by that is sometimes, you know how dungeons like the Undead Dungeon, you have to search the area? Or where Klunk is found, or where Orc Chief is found,

or where Water Grotto is? Those are hidden areas. Well, sometimes the well will reply with ''A hollow voice says: ~~~~~'' And it would tell you where a hidden spot is, or any tips and tricks. Or where a specific character is.

Or sometimes it would tell you something about future updates. For example, you know Nulgath's birthday? '' The water darkens, and a voice whispers ''The Dark One's day is here'' or something.

Or maybe you know the Beta Revolution? ''The water swirls and letters are spelled out: A Revolution is soon to occur.''

Or sometimes it doesn't drop anything at all. ''The Well remains silent.'' or ''A dull echo appears for a second'' or ''A ripple appears, but nothing else.'' or ''You feel a sudden chill'' and nothing.

And sometimes it can just say ''bad luck is drawing near'' or ''the future shines bright'' or something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The thing is, I believe Wheels are no fun at all. It just gets you angry, and think that the game is rigged, and only wants money from you. The Wheel of Doom in AQW is exactly that. It is a poop idea, only used for money, and recolored things.
This Well however, would be really fun, because you JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO GET. And it could just be a side-quest thingy. It shouldn't interfere with the grand storyline etc.

You feel mysterious about it, not angry, and basically you're just glad of what you got.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course, the souls should stack to maybe x999.
The more you throw it, the bigger the prize can be, NOT will be. Hehe, understand what I'm saying? Sometimes you will throw in maybe 500 Souls and expect a magnificent prize, but guess what? Nothing.
But don't fret. I mean, I want the Well to be something fun, not something you have to do. Just let the Souls build up as you progress, so if you get something crap, it shouldn't anger you. Just keep going!

I think I want it to be like, if you throw bigger quantities, you CAN GET bigger quantities, but it does not eliminate the fact that you can get small items, or even nothing.

I am also wanting that this idea not be tainted by money. So don't be like, if you throw Soulgems in there too, you'll get a bigger item. NOO. I hate that idea. HATE!
It completely wrecks the idea of it overall. >:( Yucky, yucky, YUCK! Thinking about it gets me so disappointed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also think that the Well itself should be located in a very hidden location. :) There should be a few of these spread about in the maps, all hidden.

Or maybe even Phantom Wishing Well. . .meaning this Well changes location every Month or so. :O That would be very fun. . .I think. . ..

But maybe that's a bad idea. . . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But still, it doesn't have to be a Wishing Well. It could be called maybe ''Portal to Nulgath'' or ''Abyssal Mouth'' or something. . . .

or ''Oblivion Portal''

However, I think that Wishing Well is the better name for it. That name is very mysterious, and isn't very rude. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am also thinking that this Wishing Well be located on a grey hill, with wavy grass. All grey, like Winter. . . .Very calming, nice, and somewhat spooky/chilly. A couple of clouds. . . .but yeah, cold, grey,
dusty. Hehe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember, you do NOT know what the Wishing Well has. Everything in it is SECRET! Wheels make everyone ANGRY because you KNOW what you can get, and what you WANT to get. So NO TO WHEELS.
All they do is give people heart attacks. :P

I only tolerate the Swindle Wheel in AQW because the list is too long for you to read with care, and because you don't actually see the dumb wheel spinning, and what it lands on. Wheels are just messed up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BUT STICKING TO YOUR REPLY: I guess don't use Souls. Haha, that's for Nulgath! Maybe like I said, Soul Shards? or Soul Whisps? Or ''Orbs'' I don't know. . . .

but yeah, the name Wishing Well and the location I said it should be which is mentioned above, it should be really mysterious, nice, and calming. :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And one of the big things I want this Well to have, is giving out not items, but Knowledge! I think people are too used to quests and crap giving ITEMS, not knowledge and hints.

''Knowledge is power!'' I agree with Sage's character. Lol!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really hope some Dev or somebody reads this though. . . . . . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(edit): Another idea I've had, can you maybe let us battle with friends? Not against? Maybe against really insanely-tough boss monsters or something. . . .

A dungeon where both friends try to find their way to the middle, and when each of them do, they'll fight together against an insanely difficult monster. . .

2v2 would be annoying. Keep that in EpicDuel. . . . .

So yeah, basically fight WITH friends, not against them. :D

And again I shall bring up the idea of a Spectator Mode.
I really want to be able to watch others duel.
To avoid spoilers, such as a little punk who says: ??? Has a Neutralize!!!! He also is charging for a Deathflow!!! He has this and -----
Well, to avoid that, you could set the match on private, or only invite trusted viewers to watch. OR, you can make the option so that the viewer will be restricted to canned-chat.
And to combat things such as little punks using Facebook or any other instant-message programs, I already posted the solution above. You can simple put the match on private,
or invite only trusted people with the option to limit them to canned chat. AND, they can only chat if invited, or they have to send an invite. They cannot just pop in to watch randomly. That's just messed up.

Moving on, I think Spectator mode would be very nice, especially for Tournaments whereas a staff-member or something can watch the battle, and make sure that he/she won.
And it would also make taking videos of PvP matches much easier. And more fun.

So yeah, Spectators should be granted the permission to see both hands, energy, health, characters, and names of both participants. Also the level of course.

Also, can there be customizable PvP matches. Such as we can choose our backgrounds?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, can you make a new section on the Oversoul Homepage with the title: ''In Development'' or something? To talk about future updates, like what you're planning on for Oversoul for the whole year or something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, can we delete our characters. . .I like to keep my character selection down to a little list, you know. . .my main. I only want maybe 10 or 20 characters. . .not 100. . . .A lot of them I regret.
And it takes too long to load.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And again, the CC's take so long to load. So instead of loading all of them at once, can we choose to load certain elements only? Like I only want to load my Shadow CC's, or only my Ice CC's. . .

And can we keep CC combinations? So we don't have to recompose. . .

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/6/2014 20:41:07 >
Post #: 556
1/5/2014 8:58:06   
DarkLore

Okay The Jop will love this! When the asylum is released they should mention how Resonance was able to escape them. Also I think Ballyhoo should be in the game. For getting gold and a small chance for sg's. Plus a chance to get ballyhoo to join you. I even made a character suggestion for her. Don't remember what page, but it was good!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 557
1/5/2014 13:38:14   
DidYouKnowThat

I doubt SG's will be given out free.

I think one SG = 50 ACs? . . . . . . . So yeah. . . Even one SG is worth a lot.

Post #: 558
1/6/2014 2:34:33   
DarkLore

Given the fact the servers crashed again tonight, I'm willing to have Nulgath make creating a flee button his top priority. All this refresh farming for the Gent killed the servers twice in one weekend!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 559
1/6/2014 2:38:12   
EliteWarlockz

Yeah I already suggest that but hopefully Nulgath will read this.
Post #: 560
1/6/2014 21:58:03   
smolenX

I see how the servers NEED a flee button but stop and think about it. If a flee button is added the concept of the game is spoiled. You would no longer have to quest for a tough character but just keep fleeing until you get it, overall it would ruin the feel of a character being elusive and powerful. I know that refreshing basically is fleeing but that isn't supported by the game well this "fleeing" would be. I say no flee.
Post #: 561
1/6/2014 22:04:18   
The Jop

You would still be questing, you just wouldn't need to fight as much. It takes a very long time to just encounter some rare characters, and if you can't use a soul gem to guarantee possession it will take much longer, which I think can be called a quest.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 562
1/6/2014 22:32:35   
Jmagician

I am getting tired of people arguing a no flee button. First off, I just want to say that I'm sure there will be some sort of limitation. But I want to stress this next point I am about to make. The point that boosts already destroyed the game. Or atleast what me and a lot of other people saw it as. Yes, A lot of good players left OS because of it and a lot of others, including myself, barely come on since that incident. They may have other reasons unrelated to boosts, but I noticed after that fateful release that quite a few decided to "take a break". So if you guys want to talk about what spoils the game, try talking about that. Cause a flee button will drastically help a lot of issues with players and the well-being of the servers itself. On a side note, if anyone is wondering why I still actively play is because I like OS but decided to look at it in a new light. A view that isn't hindered by the abundance of x-boosts and that is a personal thing for me to help me stay interested in the game.

Anyway, there is one interesting feature I would like to see in game. A EvE feature where you could see a random match up against two AIs. Since they both have the same AI level, it would show some beginners which characters are good counters.

edit: Players could also match their own characters that have been pre-captured and pit them in a duel. Both of them being controlled by AI of course.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 1/7/2014 0:20:46 >
AQW  Post #: 563
1/6/2014 23:56:23   
DidYouKnowThat

@JMagic: Lol, a Coliseum!? HAH! And then you could capture Monsters, pit them against each other, and watch'em fight. . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Movin' on, I think a ''Flee Button'' would benefit the game well .It would certainly have people stay, instead of leaving Oversoul. Numerous times I have people telling me ''Eww Oversoul.''

''Oh Oversoul? That's one boring game.''

''What's Oversoul?''

''Oversoul SUCKS!''

''Oversoul is a disappointment''

''Oversoul is boring!''

and the list goes on. I think Flee button would come with a penalty as well. (I hope not Gold.)

The thing is, the more difficult you want this game to be. . . .the less people are going to want to play it. And I dear hope Oversoul doesn't end up like EpicDuel. . .no offense to any ED Fans. . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Think of another penalty instead of Gold, all you'll hurt are Free-players.. . . . .and these AE emoticons. . . . I don't like'em. . . . Lol.

Moving on, how about ''Stamina?''

There will be a stamina bar. . . 50 Stamina is 100% when you first start the game.. . . and as you progress, you'll ''grow'' and earn more space for more stamina points. Or you can speed it up and buy them with Soulgems/Gold.
But probably Soulgems. . . .just so you buyers out there won't feel ignored. :P

Fleeing will take up Stamina, depending on what Monster you're fleeing from. The amount of Stamina it takes depends on what ''Alignment'' they are. ..

For example, escaping a little trainee will take up maybe 5 stamina points.

Escaping a damn Behemoth will take up 45 stamina points.

The stamina bar will slowly replenish itself as you battle, chat, move around, stand in lobby, etc.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/7/2014 0:05:30 >
Post #: 564
1/7/2014 0:19:19   
Jmagician

@DYKT: Well it would be more like a spectating feature if anything. See, since there are so many characters in OS, it would be nice to know which characters counter which. I guess a players could find that out on their own just by looking at card decks, but some people are just better visual learners so this suggestion will help them out a lot. But it could definitely work your way too, by using your own captured characters rather than having to wait for which characters you want to see matched up. As a matter of fact, I would like to add that as an extended feature!

As for your stamina idea for fleeing? Love it.
AQW  Post #: 565
1/7/2014 0:27:10   
DidYouKnowThat

@JMagician: Uhm, what? xD The first part of your reply kind of confused me a bit. . . .what were you replying to? Sorry. :P

But glad you like the stamina idea. Although I am starting to feel that discussing ideas on Forums is utterly pointless since Devs don't check Forums. . . .

They should REALLY make a Feedback section for Devs to look at. -.-
Post #: 566
1/7/2014 0:48:35   
smolenX

@Jmagician I agree boosts definitely destroyed a very important part of the game. It pushed the game to far into the pay to win category and wrecked the leveling system for non-boosting characters. I also want to make a point to apologize, my previous post isn't what i wanted it to be so allow me this opportunity to clarify. I'm against a penalty-less fleeing system. I just really don't want the fleeing system to allow one to flee infinitely as then its basically taking the game play out of the game. I also want to point out that i don't think all the blame should be put on boosts. They may have broken the game but they haven't ruined it. They don't provide any insurmountable boundaries for free players other than extreme time efficiency for those that do pay. What i'm trying to say is if you level 1 character to 20 and give them a great deck then there is no distinguishing feature in between a boosting player and a non-boosting one. However I think you've already found this :P

@DYKT I really like your stamina idea! Make sure to mention it to a Dev if you see one and tr to get it to them as well as your wishing well idea!
Post #: 567
1/7/2014 0:53:53   
DidYouKnowThat

@SmolenX: I'll trust you do the same if you meet a Dev?

'Cause I don't think Rev likes me. LOL. XD

A tip when you see Rev in-game, don't be like ''IT'S REVONTHEUS!'' or something. . . he'll just ignore you and think of you as a kid.

Post #: 568
1/7/2014 0:58:53   
smolenX

@DYKT Of course i will, and on Rev i wish i had seen your posts earlier as i just saw him yesterday. He was talking to someone about if his character would have another evolution which he proceeded to answer very cryptically and leave the room.
Post #: 569
1/7/2014 1:03:55   
Jmagician

@smolenX: Hmm no, I should probably be the one to apologize. Its just that, when I seen you rejecting the idea of a flee button and at the same time I remembered my rage when X-boosts got released I kinda just lost it. It is your opinion and if I didn't like it, I should have either put that post in a more polite way or not posted all. It probably would have helped me if you clarified like you did now (does not excuse my behaviour). And you are right about the point that a level 20 gained by X-boosts is still the same level 20 gained without. I've accepted this idea as part of my new vision of OS. I'm actually hoping OS gets competitive in which I can appreciate the faster way SGs allow us to level.

LOL Isn't Rev a kid though? A really talented one if I do say so myself.

@below: Well as of yet, it is too soon to suggest anything (for right now), but definitely not for future releases lol like The Jop said. We can only hope they jot these ideas down and implement the ones they see fit. Keep in mind the most general of ideas like stats, multi battles, and things of these nature have already been established as core features. So we can probably expect a lot of other ideas to be released regardless, in the future.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 1/7/2014 1:22:55 >
AQW  Post #: 570
1/7/2014 1:17:03   
DidYouKnowThat

I'm not so sure about this idea. . . . maybe it's too soon. . . . but uh, Guilds? Teams? Clans? . . . .Kingdoms?

See, I know Oversoul is supposed to be sort of like a Solo-game. . . . but still. We can align ourselves can't we? So why can't we join Kingdoms. . or Clans?

Or maybe it is too soon as I said before. . .
Post #: 571
1/7/2014 1:21:19   
The Jop

It's never too soon, this is all planning for the future. I don't think anything suggested in this thread has been implemented yet, but it can be in the future.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 572
1/7/2014 1:28:05   
DidYouKnowThat

Yeah, cause I mean. . .I don't want it to be like AQW where I see ''Newbs'' thinking guilds are 1st priority. . .

I think Joining Guilds should give you certain rights, but staying as a lone-wolf should have some advantages too.

Example -> When joining a Clan/Kingdom/Team, you will have Wars, Skirmishes, and other responsibilities.

But if you are a lone-wolf, you are more ''free'' and things like that. ..

I don't know. . the idea needs more thinking. :/ a LOT more thinking.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah, in a gist:

Joining a guild/clan/team/kingdom grants you special rights that cannot be obtained when being a ''lone-wolf,'' but being a lone-wolf also has special rights that you lose when you align yourself with a guild/clan/team/kingdom.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/7/2014 1:29:07 >
Post #: 573
1/7/2014 9:11:26   
Megadragonknight

I am a lone-wolf. So I wouldn't truly bother about Guild/Clan but I would rather Alignment be the Guild/Clan. Since there is Good/Evil/Neutral characters in each element, we can consider them as part of the clan-like. Alignment clan that is. Got to make OS to have its own unique system and not to copy some system from AQW.
Post #: 574
1/7/2014 10:34:57   
The Death Angel

I wouldn't mind guilds being added to be honest. I wouldn't consider it being a copy paste feature of AQWorlds since guilds exist in almost every MMORPG I've ever played in my life.
It does bring people together with a common goal/interests.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 575
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 23 of 29«<2122232425>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition