Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 25 of 29«<2324252627>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/11/2014 17:27:06   
branden80

but somethings deserve to stay strong! theese characters are the first things people spent their sg on! were you there whe they were first released? when this game started?
AQW  Post #: 601
1/11/2014 18:12:03   
DidYouKnowThat

Yes. I was late on Stress test by like a couple of days or something I think.

But either way, just because they were the first to be bought doesn't mean anything. Things have to move on.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/11/2014 18:13:25 >
Post #: 602
1/11/2014 18:32:14   
The Death Angel

Branden, they don't deserve to stay strong. They're not going to waste resources every year because things get outdated. I've been here since day 1, and there is no reason for them to remain relevant if I have to be brutally honest, as cool as it would be.
There will be introduced new ways to keep them relevant.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 603
1/11/2014 18:33:42   
Jmagician

Ahem*, I can still own with Shadowdance.

Guys, what is so wrong with revamping the older character's decks? I for one think it would be much better for some of them to get evos. Preferably the starters.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 1/11/2014 18:37:32 >
AQW  Post #: 604
1/11/2014 18:37:28   
DidYouKnowThat

Can you re-adjust PvP random so that the loser gets as much reward as a normal battle won, and the winner gets a 10% boost reward or 20% boost reward or something?

I can literally stand in PvP random for 10 minutes and not one battle. I'm going to try that again, because the last time it only lasted 10 minutes 'cause I got bored and logged off. . .could be longer maybe.
Post #: 605
1/11/2014 18:39:44   
Jmagician

The main reward in PvP is the win. If you want experience, you can PvE. The exp/gold reward the loser gets is fair enough IMO.

Although, I agree there should be rewards on top of just "winning". I feel it shouldn't be gold/exp.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 1/11/2014 18:42:03 >
AQW  Post #: 606
1/11/2014 18:41:48   
DidYouKnowThat

Yeah, I re-read my post and wanted to change that. The loser shouldn't get as much as a regular win. . . that's overdoing it. . .Lol I'm disagreeing with my own post. . funny. . funny.

But I think there should be a rewards boost for both people. . maybe by 25% or something. . . .PvP Random is extremely fun for me, but it's barren.
Post #: 607
1/13/2014 1:23:20   
Jacke21777

Something for the late, free players every time the OS birthday comes up. So far, we've only gotten evos for characters that've gone perma rare. AQW does a good job with this; not so much with OS. The only thing I can remember is Cyber Void, but that costs SG.

Also, a re-work for some of the more awkward decks, like the two power flows on the new horsey. How about making powerflow 12 for 1500? Not really that OP, I guess, or making fresh start a bit less costly. Or maybe even adding a DoT like Tides 7 for 400 per turn over three turns or something (Fire Whirl-esque)...or maybe a better attack card like 8 for 1100 Tsunami or something (Earthquake-ish).
Post #: 608
1/13/2014 1:40:42   
BJEBLE

@Jack I think making Fresh Start would solve Water's problems, and maybe buff the healing cards to make it THE healing element, and Light the secondary.
DF  Post #: 609
1/13/2014 2:24:02   
DidYouKnowThat

@Jacke: AQW does a good job with it because all they do is re-color it or bring it back and just add the word ''Doom'' before the original name which is hideous and stupid in my opinion.
And it costs SG because. . .well it's the variant of something Rare. . . it's supposed to be GONE, so you're lucky enough to get something that resembles it in my opinion.

Post #: 610
1/13/2014 4:57:13   
Jacke21777

Well, at least they give us late-ish players straight releases. Like, I didn't have to be a founder or even a member to participate in their event. OS' Birthday is an important thing, so why can't we receive something like the rest of you? As I have already stated, we've only received the void variant Cyber Void. And it costs 12 SG.
Post #: 611
1/13/2014 5:02:10   
The Death Angel

Oversoul is understaffed as it is right now, and Nulgath is working on Battlegems at the side. It's been more of a question if they had the resources to even celebrate Oversoul's birthday.
The Founder Shop was just a shop with characters that most founders probaly had prior anyways, but gave them a 2nd chance if they hadn't. You can buy Dynasty Warrior for 25k gold and 25k gold might be hard to get, but at the level of 20 with or without XP boosts, it's possible to reach that amount of gold.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 612
1/13/2014 6:39:22   
Jacke21777

Sure, Oversoul is understaffed. Stuff like Rev leaving, battle gems on the side, and the two week or none erratic release schedule are pretty big signs. Well, dynasty warrior was made to celebrate the chinese new year, which I know to start at january 31st. Why jump the gun? And what does it have to do with anything? The founder thing, ho, another lil' perk for the early ones. It's not even out of beta yet, is it? The resources to to "celebrate" were allocated purely to making evos for characters gone perma rare for us late people, that's what I'm miffed about.
Post #: 613
1/13/2014 6:51:03   
The Death Angel

On the contrary, they would have to make a evo for Skexis and Void Knight after being promised they'd get one. And sure enough, a year and a few months later and we finally got them.
I don't see what there is to complain. You got Dynasty Warrior and Horse of the year earlier than the actual date? Surely it's the end of the world. Sooner or later they'd have to make the Evos as promised. There is nothing wrong with celebrating the older players who has supported the game through this year.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 614
1/13/2014 9:24:26   
Jacke21777

They should fulfill their promises, no arguments there. However, I'm just saying that there should be a little something for those that don't have any to do with these promises. It's completely alienating a portion of the player base; time and waiting has nothing to do with it. It was promised to come next birthday, and it did. However, nothing else came with it. If I remember correctly, the next week was the Rev release. That's a string of releases that don't have to do with perma-rares. The Dynasty and Year don't have anything to do with this because they are completely different events altogether. It's not fair for you to lump to events into one; you have access to these as well don't you? The end of the world is when one part of the player base stops caring. Elitism, pay-to-win, etc. There is nothing wrong with celebrating the older players, oh no, but shouldn't the new players be given a chance to celebrate along with them? Especially if they have paid enough in support of the game, at least as much or even more than founders or such?

Also,"Beware the advice of successful people; they do not seek company."
Post #: 615
1/13/2014 10:49:06   
BJEBLE

@Jack OS Birthday release not only had VK and SF evos but also Combo Bonuses, and on Rev's release a bunch of seasonal rares returned. So non-Founders and Non Stress/Alpha testers got stuff too.
DF  Post #: 616
1/13/2014 11:33:19   
Boom u doom

Talk about the yearly founder dragons in AQW, including a free non mem battle pet (only 2 non mem battle pets exists in AQW).

Nulgath is kind enough to make variants of rares, and keep the amount of rares as low as possible. Also, the best energy, fire, water, earth, dark, and maybe neutral characters are free. What more can you ask for?
AQW  Post #: 617
1/13/2014 12:17:45   
Andlu

Yes I agree. We don't even have one perma rare for each element. Water/Ice/neutral(Gah) and so you complain for recieving something earlier than you should? That's non sense.
Also many characters ARE F2P. Shadow second best character is considered to be a F2P(VC being the best :D) and we all had releases for everyone each time. And when it's one specific date when we had no new characters for non stress/alpha players it's the end of the world? You got seasonal rares back, and also the awesome combo bonuses, as BJEBLE meant.
I see no reason for that.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 618
1/13/2014 12:20:18   
Boom u doom

Nah, poison drake is the best. Crazy shield and DoT. VC ain't no match for that.
AQW  Post #: 619
1/13/2014 12:23:45   
Andlu

@Boom u Doom You dare to say something like that. No way. VC wins in every aspect.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 620
1/13/2014 18:53:34   
Jacke21777

@bjeble Hah, combo bonuses? Whether they were an improvement or not is debatable. As with the seasonal rares coming back, hence "seasonal". Seems like pretty ordinary releases to me. Not at all related to the OS birthday, is what I'm saying.

@boom This might be where I'm coming from; I'm used to having everyone celebrate the birthday, rather than just cater to one specific group and give the other generic releases to occupy their time with. Though, the use of "generic" can also be debated. Rares don't matter in AQW; pretty much everything has the same stats. Not so with OS.

@andlu I think you're getting me wrong. This isn't a complaint thead; this is what I want to see. I was merely observing that it came out earlier, due to the fact that their resources are strained at this point, drawing from your numerous posts, anyway. I'm happy about it, but it isn't OS' birthday. I think Death Angel was wrong to lump these two events together, and I was merely stating what I thought was wrong with it on the side. Having free f2p characters is not a "compensation" per se. They're merely "there." Still absolutely nothing to do with OS' birthday.

Apparently PD is inferior to skexis. Another point.
Post #: 621
1/13/2014 19:07:54   
Axel459
The Void Calls

I feel like our anniversary release was more on Halloween which it probably should have been anyway since that's when the game actually went live, it was the biggest release we had in months and a lot of characters were released that day for everyone to enjoy.

I'm sure this year's birthday will cater to more than just us older players since our staff will hopefully have the ability to focus on just OS and no other projects.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 622
1/13/2014 19:14:55   
Jacke21777

Like I said, the other events have nothing to do with it. Nulgath could have branded zombie as an OS birthday character and I'd be happy. It's the lack of any such acknowledgement that puts me off.

I hope so too. That's why I posted on this thread. "What (I) want to see. "

Post #: 623
1/13/2014 21:12:32   
DidYouKnowThat

Hey Jacke? Nulgath doesn't like Rares.

This isn't AQW. . .just so you know. . .so we AQW people should really stop chanting for Rares. . . LOL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ehrm, branding Zombie as OS Birthday Character? Blargh! Nulgath said he puts a lot of effort into each of his works, remember? When AQW people
complained about how crappy the Oversoul shop was in AQW. The Founder Adept thing or something. OS Anniversary character shouldn't be just branding it on a random character. Come on man,
like I said, this isn't AQW where every week out comes a batch of Rares whereas 75% are just plain trash, recolored, or something. The Rares are rare, stay rare, and mean a lot more for something
unlike AQW, where Rares are so common.

Combo bonuses are pretty nice! In my opinion, it helps Free players a lot. Ok see, buyers will smack up their decks with Spell cards and other crap. We, however, have attack cards still! And
those combos do build up, not to mention 5-hits do pack a stun. And I know, 5-hits are rare, but remember, each character is different. Grab a character with a lot of attack cards! With the
Combo bonuses, Peasant is a pretty decent character if you know how to use it right.

AQW is more like a chat game by the way. . just thought I'd put this here. . . I'm looking at the ''last 10 posts'' thing and looking at your posts. . . It's not meant for really battling IMO. . . just grab
a class like Necromancer and have fun soloing everything. . . able to solo Desoloth the Final at rank 3 by the way. . .

Dude, just be patient. Don't worry, Skexis variant will be coming. . . Oversoul isn't about a Rares game. .. more Strategy and stuff like that. Things like Volt Engineer can sweep
pretty darn good. . . AND. Dude, you totally forgot about GENTLEMAN!!!! Woot! After this year, he is going Perma-rare, and Nulgath is more than kind enough to make him F2P. :)

Ehrm, I can offer you some real good advice. I never spent a dime on Oversoul, for your information. So if it's possible for me, then it is indeed possible for you.
Earn Artix Points from Manatomy. Earn 1,000 points, buy 20 SG and whoa. 20 SG! Get one XP boost (Helps ALOT) and you have 8 left to spend on Evolution, Buying, or Capturing. OR you can
get that Cyber Void.

And only do that when Perma- buy-only Rares come out, or Anniversary. That's what I did, and now I have my beloved Void Rebirth. . .

But if you miss something, there shouldn't automatically be something to compensate for it. You win some, you lose some. My best advice for you is to follow up on Oversoul news more and be on
the look out for Rares and crap. I missed out on Stress Test by barely a few days. . .I know it stung since VK would not be mine, but I just rolled along and soon, guess what? I picked up new opportunities
such as 1st Upholder (which I EARNED, not bought), Time Gent., Alpha Test Gift (Skexis), and more! All this without one dime spent.

And Nulgath isn't stupid either, I'm pretty sure he knows for this game to survive, it should be F2P-friendly. . . .

But Nulgath has a lot of things in plan. . . .So I'm pretty sure you've not to worry. Who knows, maybe at the very end, there will be a Beta-gift? Possibly?

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/13/2014 21:16:38 >
Post #: 624
1/13/2014 21:37:19   
Megadragonknight

This is OS and Nulgath is the main developer of OS who dislike permanent rares. We won't see tons of character being permanent rare except only on special occasion like staff members' birthday, stress/alpha testing, OS birthday anniversary, Upholder. These are the only ones which have permanent rares. Other than that, others are non-permanent rare or seasonal rare which will return every year on the holiday season.

Nulgath is always known to be very kind to his players. He did something which AQW would never do such as variants of permanent rare character which is really so kind and thoughtful of him. My money is worth to spend on OS rather than AQW which have tons of rare AC items that are so not worth it and expensive.
Post #: 625
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 25 of 29«<2324252627>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition