Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 26 of 29«<2425262728>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/13/2014 21:42:39   
DidYouKnowThat

@MDK: You got that right. :) AQW is no longer worth it. I bought on that like 2-3 times, and now I don't want to at all. I barely even log on at all now.

And they're screwing up all of the Oldies by putting in things like Wheel of Doom(You financially) and bringing back Rares. Ugh, AQW certainly has lost my interest.

The ideas are no longer what I like either. Legion as a full Christmas release? Thou must be insane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And yeah. . . the re-coloured Blood Letters and the Void Knight variant, not to mention the double champ blades variant.

And MDK, you forgot special contests like the one Revontheus entered in and won I think, which resulted in the Rare Rainbowtheus! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And. . . just 'cause your late you shouldn't really say that you should get variants of what has gone rare in the past. . . That's sort of. . well I ain't even going to say it.

Remember, Oversoul is understaffed right now. Wait until Battlegems, etc. completes, and more releases will be rolling in fast I bet. Be patient I guess.

With that said, feel free to earn some Artix points, farm for Gentleman, or Gold. I highly recommend you farm some Gold for future releases such as Nulgath's Birthday event. You aren't going to miss that, Jacke, right?!

And. . .I thought of yet another interesting idea. It took me this long, but that one dude mentioned the word ''Raids'' which is sort of like Maplestory's Party Quests (PQ). .. though I quit Maplestory like 5-6 years ago I do believe.

But moving on, Raids. . .now you see, here's the problem.

I find Oversoul people nice to chat with, aiight? I'm all like -Today, I'm going to go farm gold/ level up/ capture ???, etc.-

And then -> I see a friend.

So we chat, and then I get carried away. 2-3 hours later, we're done chatting. Then it's already late. . so I didn't even get to battle or anything. LOL.

Now here's the thing. . . how about sudden ''Attacks'' upon towns?

Maybe like, you're all in town, chatting. And then a message in chat or on the screen pops up and says:

''Solace is under Attack from ORCS!''

And then a new Battle button will appear in the corner. It will say maybe -> 500 Enemies left!, and right next to it says ''Battle an Orc!''

The townspeople work together to kill all 500 orcs. At the end, BOSS HAS ARRIVED. And then you'll battle Orc Chieftain, something we cannot battle in the wild yet! :)
Or:

''Solace is under attack from DRAGONS!'' etc. . . . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, we have not yet seen any Archers I think. .. I don't count Lei Crossbows 'cause it's a Crossbow. . .I'm looking for full-on Archers. . .NO, NOT LEGION ARCHER. -.-

Please do not double-post, it is considered spam and only clutters the page. Next time use the button to add in any additional information to your post. If you do accidentally make an extra post then use the button to delete that extra post. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. ~Skurge, ArchKnight OSGD

< Message edited by Skurge -- 1/14/2014 7:56:58 >
Post #: 626
1/13/2014 22:05:36   
Jacke21777

It's not because I'm late. I'm sure, at some point, would've championed this cause even if I actually had the "rares." It's not fair to give one part of the player base an entire event, that's what I have been getting at for the past hundred posts. I know it's understaffed. Read everything else everyone else posted. The fact that its understaffed means that Nulgath could've procrastinated with Chinese New Year. Not that I'm "complaining," I'm just stating something of interest. I have gentleman, gold, artix points, etc. What does this have to do with anything? His event is his event, not OS' birthday. Like I said, stop mentioning other events like they're compensations. I was just stating zombie as an example, because Axel mentioned halloween. It could've been any ol' character.

I think y'all are under the impression that Free-Too-Play items compensate for it; like I said, acknowledgement. It's the meaning behind it, not the item.

Edit: Also, at least AQW caters to everyone. Every birthday event they've had since alpha has involved free players as well as members at some point, and do not depend on rares. This might not be all of it, but there is a reason as to why it's so popular.

< Message edited by Jacke21777 -- 1/13/2014 22:08:03 >
Post #: 627
1/13/2014 22:12:29   
DidYouKnowThat

@Jacke:

The trolololool answer would be: ''Go back to AQW.'' LOL! But anyways. . . .

Ok see, did you forget about the Skyguard release? Do you have any idea how pissed Non-members were when that happened? It felt like countless days with no release. Horrible.
Post #: 628
1/13/2014 22:40:36   
Jacke21777

I didn't forget it. However, AQW runs on a weekly schedule. We get a release, every, single, week. OS, however, runs on a sporadic schedule which claims to come every two weeks. So multiply that " horrible"-ness by how ever many weeks Nulgath decides to take with his releases. He has final say as to when they come, I'm okay with that, but it's the quality I'm concerned about. And before you mention any free-to-play items or anything, remember, I'm talking about acknowledgement.

< Message edited by Skurge -- 1/14/2014 23:34:54 >
Post #: 629
1/13/2014 22:56:14   
DidYouKnowThat

This game does not have a membership. So think about it, what about Perma-rares available to Members only? Now that is worse than what you referred to. . .

So I'd say just appreciate what you got, and don't compare yourself to others. It is possible to beat the Buyers in battling too by the way. . ..So far I do not use CC's in PvP.
Post #: 630
1/13/2014 23:07:46   
Jacke21777

Then therefore your Skyguard example doesn't apply. Why did you mention it?

This game is balanced in that respect; the weakest character with good hands will destroy the best character with bad hands every turn. There's always a chance you'll lose, unlike other games. You could use only attack cards and you'd still win through combo bonuses. You could use every card in your hand every turn and you'd still win. You have to TRY to lose with perfect hands. Card games are about luck, not skill, if it's what you're referring to. Comparing yourself to others is the core of justice; it's like looking at a malnourished child and telling them to appreciate what they have. You can't appreciate what you don't have; this might not be what you mean, however, this isn't exactly the "appreciation" thread either, is it? It's "What would YOU like to see?." And what I want to see is acknowledgement of newer players.
Post #: 631
1/13/2014 23:18:17   
Beck

@Jacke21777
In AQW, it was easy to acknowledge free players by giving them a sword or a boring cape or something, for any event; here in OS it is a bit harder since we get complete characters.

However, you'll notice that for every holiday, there's always something for free players to acquire, as well as paying players. I'd say that's plenty acknowledgment.
AQW  Post #: 632
1/13/2014 23:18:27   
DidYouKnowThat

Cause it was for Members only, thus aiming for a specific group, sealing off all Non-members. . . And I think there were Rares in that event possibly? Most likely. . .

So it was pretty stingy for the Non-members. . . Oh the pain! Lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Acknowledgement of new players. . . Ok see, if they're new, they should be focusing on how the game works, and setting off on their grand storyline, etc. Why the heck would they care about Variants.

And there is a thing called Deleting Cards from your hand. or not using them at all thus saving energy . .. If you weren't aware of that or anything. . .

Card games are also about skill. How well can you use the cards given to you? Hmm? Are you ignorant enough to make the wrong move with what you have, or will you turn something that sucks
at first glance, into something magnificent?

And you do not have to TRY and lose. The battle can shift tides very easily. I've seen it happen, just time your cards right. It has happened to me, and for me, and others I am sure.

Appreciating what you have is key. Instead of being jealous and striving for something others have, turn yours into something great! If you cannot obtain Soulgems, then so be it. Accept that fact
instead of rolling around in it (Lol I know, weird, but best as I can describe it), and build from there. You can still achieve the same, or better results- just using a different path.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another Idea I have. . . . :

I know. . .I took this from Pokémon after watching Wi-Fi battles on Pokémon X and Y. . .. . on youtube, ShadyPenguin. . . pretty aweasome dude.

But moving on, BATTLE VIDEOS. We can save our last match as a video for us to keep. . .to review some old strategies, etc. . . .

Or, a video channel on Youtube for the Element Tournaments, etc. . .
Post #: 633
1/13/2014 23:29:43   
Jacke21777

@Beck Not for OS' birthday we ain't. Oh I've noticed. "Boring"-ness is subjective. It's still a release, and it's still an acknowledgement from that particular event. Not patched over from others, like you're stating. Like I said, about the zombie, the label, yada-yada. Not quality, but acknowledgement from that particular event. Oh, I'd not be concerned for any small-scale event. But OS birthday is a big one. I'm posting here so that we might, just might get a proper release for next year's OS anniversary. Or maybe even a late one for now.

@Did I was just saying, you wouldn't need to delete cards from your hand if you had a perfect hand. The fool becomes a king with what ever character they were using, in the right circumstance. Variants, scm-ariants. I never specifically requested for one, I just mentioned them because they were close to the anniversary, with the only one being released costing a large amount of soul gems. "Instead of being jealous and striving for something others have," improve yourself. Don't take the blows sitting down, announce your cause. Unlike you, I wouldn't give up without a fight, oh no. Acceptance comes with fairness, and injustice is a call for change.
Post #: 634
1/13/2014 23:35:03   
DidYouKnowThat

Oversoul is still in Beta, and is very understaffed right now. Don't you think you're expecting a bit too much? Really dude, let them take their time. I'd like a thoroughly made release instead of a rushed one.

And in other words. . . .you'd rather stir up trouble then finding your own way? Rather stir up trouble for something you can't have, then inventing something yourself?

And it's not giving up the fight. It's just another way of fighting it. :)
Post #: 635
1/13/2014 23:39:32   
Jacke21777

Is coding a character to cost soul gems more or less work for OS? In other words, I don't believe in your philosophy of "The nail that sticks up gets hammered down." I'm not as intelligent as to have invented this issue, it's not a fight, and it exists as a fact. That is that. I beleive in this issue, and apparently you do not. Let's keep our personal remarks to ourselves, shall we?
Post #: 636
1/13/2014 23:44:06   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

There's not much in the argument of "Oversoul just caters to paying customers on it's birthday."

For example, let me bring up Skexis Friend and Void Knight. Both gifts to those who were there to help test Oversoul during alpha stages.
Both character and evolutions were free to gain. Technically that is a free birthday gift, no?

As for acknowledgement for newer players, there is some. The staff do indeed check these forums and try these ideas. (Examples can be when players want a Character Creation Contest. Staff decided to give one after mcuh excitement for another)

So it's not like there's no player acknowledgement in Oversoul. There really is some.

"Founder" and "Birthday" do not fit in the same sentence here. I believe that is what you're referring to.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 637
1/13/2014 23:50:05   
DidYouKnowThat

@Asuka: I still cannot see what your Avatar is. . . .A horse. . . ? . . . but also Ogre-ish. . . . and that beard looks like Ice cream for some reason. . .or something. . . . Meh. ..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Jacke: So we can't state opinions?! D: How horrible.
Post #: 638
1/14/2014 0:39:17   
Jmagician

I'd have to agree/not agree with Jacke here. Oddly enough, I would start with the "not agree" part.

Anyway, the reason I would like to believe why the OS anniversary release last year didn't cater to the new player base is because they weren't part of the ride OS went through during its fateful launch up until the actual birthday release. In essence, the anniversary release we got was to present those specific players with a celebration for playing OS during its first year of operations.

Now, why I agree with Jacke at the same time. As OS grows older, it has to start catering to a larger player base every birthday release. So the one this year should indeed offer something for everyone to enjoy, even the ones whom newly joined OS. Reason why is because new players are essentially why this game would even make it to another birthday. The game can only grow if its player base grows and it also needs the support of SG players, no doubt about that. However, there is no reason why OS birthday releases from this point forward shouldn't have something for all.
AQW  Post #: 639
1/14/2014 0:46:25   
DidYouKnowThat

@JMagic: Yeah, but Nulgath isn't. . . .not-smart. He's BRILLIANT. So I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he already knew about how in order for Oversoul to grow, it would need to
bring in more players.
And yeah. . .rewarding one for taking part in something special, and then giving another the same reward. . .well that makes the reward just plummet in value. . .it's a free ride for the new player base. . .

not fair really.
Post #: 640
1/14/2014 0:56:18   
BJEBLE

@DYKT I think some people are kind of holding their breath about OS, and are waiting until after Battle Gems is released to see how the releases go then.
DF  Post #: 641
1/14/2014 1:00:23   
DidYouKnowThat

Yeah, which is exactly why some people just have to be patient. . . Honestly I am also interested in Battle Gems. . . exactly what is it. . .some kind of variant of Bejeweled or something?
Tetris? Candy Crush? -.- (Fun fact: Candy Crush started off as a game created primarily for Females)

But MOVING ON. . . . . I've still yet to receive feedback about the idea:
Another Idea I have. . . . :

I know. . .I took this from Pokémon after watching Wi-Fi battles on Pokémon X and Y. . .. . on youtube, ShadyPenguin. . . pretty aweasome dude.

But moving on, BATTLE VIDEOS. We can save our last match as a video for us to keep. . .to review some old strategies, etc. . . .

Or, a video channel on Youtube for the Element Tournaments, etc

Yeah. .. that copy n' paste...

Post #: 642
1/14/2014 1:05:20   
Jmagician

@DYKT: I don't even know if that can be a possible feature lmao. I know in pokemon you can save your battles, but for an online game such as OS I do believe you can make your own battle videos if you are good at tech stuff. If not, just grab your own tech buddy or learn how to record a battle and upload it on youtube xD
AQW  Post #: 643
1/14/2014 1:08:14   
DidYouKnowThat

Yeah, I know multiple vid recorders. . . Bandicam, Screen Recorder, or something like that. .. .

Just thinking. . . . MAYBE. . . xD

But yeah, it corresponds with my ''Spectator'' idea. . .might want to go a page back or two and take a look at that. The spectator can then take the record.

After all, it would be very nice to record the Elemental Tournaments and all. . . just saying. . .

And it'd be added to Oversoul front page and all. . the newspaper thing in-game. . .

certainly will attract more people to forums too. . . so it's a chain reaction. . . yeah?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(edit) And not sure if this is the right place or anything. . ..BUT. . . . .

An off-topic section in forums? O.o

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/14/2014 1:24:10 >
Post #: 644
1/14/2014 2:07:38   
Jacke21777

quote:

There's not much in the argument of "Oversoul just caters to paying customers on it's birthday."

For example, let me bring up Skexis Friend and Void Knight. Both gifts to those who were there to help test Oversoul during alpha stages.
Both character and evolutions were free to gain. Technically that is a free birthday gift, no?

As for acknowledgement for newer players, there is some. The staff do indeed check these forums and try these ideas. (Examples can be when players want a Character Creation Contest. Staff decided to give one after mcuh excitement for another)

So it's not like there's no player acknowledgement in Oversoul. There really is some.

"Founder" and "Birthday" do not fit in the same sentence here. I believe that is what you're referring to.

Actually, yes there is. I know that these characters were free gifts for testing OS, and I agree with it. Free birthday gift, sure.

The acknowledgement for newer players was not given for that event, that exact event, plain and simple. And a very important, event, at that. (Character Creation Contest was removed in favor of letting Nulgath choose what he wanted to create randomly, was it not? Were players involved in this? (Not that I disagree; I wouldn't presume to tell the designer what to do with his time.)

So there is some. But enough? In the right place?

Founder and Birthday fit because they were a part of the group that were catered to; earlier players who gained things equal to their contributions, a group with a specific time frame.

quote:

@Jacke: So we can't state opinions?! D: How horrible.

Nope. Just no personal attacks. Like my opinion of you: You use too much unnecessary space between your words, making it hard to decipher what you mean when you write. You spam the poor, poor period. It doesn't help carry your point across, nor does it make your posts any clearer.

quote:

Anyway, the reason I would like to believe why the OS anniversary release last year didn't cater to the new player base is because they weren't part of the ride OS went through during its fateful launch up until the actual birthday release. In essence, the anniversary release we got was to present those specific players with a celebration for playing OS during its first year of operations.

I agree completely. However, can't a little resource be allocated to the other part of the player base? The part that is playing right now? I get that it's strained, I really do. But wouldn't it have been reasonable to delay a couple of other releases for this? Like, for example, the Chinese New Year thing that isn't even chronologically correct? Are we not important or numerous enough to have time or effort devoted to? I think a huge factor behind this is the low number of new forum-ers who have just started playing and will willingly voice their opinions. (Not surprising, given the number of negative replies I have been given so far.)

Post #: 645
1/14/2014 2:46:32   
Jmagician

@Jacke: Well, as I said afterwords, I am positive the next OS birthday release will present something to enjoy for the player base as a whole.

This is pretty much all that can be said on the matter otherwise it will be back-and-forth posting of opinions. Trust me, I tried to give a constructive response to your suggestion right now and it just didn't work out mainly because of the nature of the topic. It is also evident through these previous comments where an agreement would have been made by now had this topic been more simple. Otherwise, it is just a bunch of emotional opinions being thrown around that doesn't result in a proper conclusion to the debate.

Atleast the game is stable right? Nothing game-changing so far just because the complete player base didn't get to join in on the BDay release. I can guarantee things will be different this year, if not, I shall join you and your cause by personally posting what I would like to see come the next year's anniversary release via this thread!
AQW  Post #: 646
1/14/2014 3:17:16   
DidYouKnowThat

Next birthday, Skexis evolution! Hehe.

I honestly would like to see it evolve into the Monarch as Legendary. . . . or a preview of it. You know, just the silhouette of it. . .

Supposedly, nobody has ever seen it and live to tell the tale. . .At least I think that's what it said on Skexis description. . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post #: 647
1/14/2014 7:47:41   
Andlu

I actually think there's no reason for that. Everyone got the combo bonuses in the birthday. Was that only for stress/alpha testers or founders? Nope that was for everyone.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 648
1/14/2014 9:12:25   
Jacke21777

I'm pretty sure Beta Revolution wasn't released with the birthday. I could be wrong, but I think that game-changing mechanics don't necessarily fall under "present" or "celebration." Whether it's good or bad is still pretty debatable, due to its luck-based nature. The fact that it was released for everyone doesn't mean anything; it was a change, nothing more.
Post #: 649
1/14/2014 9:21:44   
Akura_

More female characters : D

no such thing as to many girl characters xD
AQ  Post #: 650
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 26 of 29«<2425262728>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition