Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 24 of 29«<2223242526>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/7/2014 10:57:33   
Megadragonknight

Alignment is enough to bring people together. In AQW, I don't see Guild involve very much except we are invited or added by the leader of the Guild. Nothing else, I maybe ignorance to Guild since I am not interested in it. Regardless of my point, so long as OS have a unique system to bring every OS player, I won't be against it. But main priority is OS gaining more player first.
Post #: 576
1/7/2014 12:54:01   
Jmagician

^MDK has a point there.
AQW  Post #: 577
1/7/2014 15:42:28   
The Death Angel

New unique systems doesn't always mean it's gonna be succesful and great. Allignments are tricky in the sense that anyone can join them, you can switch allignments all the time, actually everytime to you switch character.
Guilds/clans is not unique, however it's more than just succesful at what it does. Bring together people with shared interest to have fun.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 578
1/7/2014 16:21:59   
Jmagician

I don't think alignments work that way. To possess characters, you have to be in a specific alignment bracket. So some characters won't even show up if you are like say, 20 Evil as only those characters amongst that bracket will appear. But I think TheSage mentioned the alignment system was scrapped altogether. Even if alignment was in the works, I think it should have been released LONG ago.
AQW  Post #: 579
1/7/2014 16:50:35   
The Death Angel

I'm glad if the original intent for allignments was to limit the amount of characters by a lot, that it's not going to be released. Initially I thought it would just be like a fun little thing to see who has the most evil or most good characters, etc.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 580
1/7/2014 17:28:14   
Jmagician

Well, currently the whole point of the game is to catch as many characters as you can and/or win as many battles as you can (leader boards). So I definitely see your point about alignments. But that specific feature, to me, seems like it would benefit OS only if its a complete game. Or at least when a story is involved.
AQW  Post #: 581
1/7/2014 19:56:15   
Gorillo Titan

Oversoul Houses
They would cost so much gold or sgs and let you display characters you have captured and allow people to go to it and duel them but you can not capture them gives people a chance to duel rares and give collection a place to show off there collections it can also have other features cost gold to add more rooms.

Anyone like this idea?
Post #: 582
1/8/2014 19:57:26   
DidYouKnowThat

Guys, I just thought up of a very interesting idea for Oversoul while slaying Paladins in search of another Gentleman.

Ok see, I was thinking, how about monsters that have difference phases? It's a very weird idea, but maybe you'll like it?

Ok see, here's an example.

You have encountered Hydra! (Character I made up)
Currently it has one head. It is fairly easy to take down.

Now, my Lightning Wolf brings it down to 0 Hp, ok? The head falls and sinks into the water. However, instead of winning the battle, three more heads pop up, and the battle resumes, with the Hydra at
full health. Furthermore, he is more aggressive, and tougher to kill.

Again, my Lightning Wolf brings it down to 0 hp, ok? The heads fall into the water and start sinking. However, instead of winning the battle, phase three! Seven heads pop up and the battle resumes,
with the Hydra at full health and aggressive as ever!!! He is desperate at taking you down, with good Defense. Furthermore, he gains new cards/element(s).

After hard work, my Lightning Wolf takes it don to 0 hp. The Hydra lets out one last cry, and falls into the water. The carcass floats, and the battle ends, the victory in your favor.

The reward is much more than killing normal monsters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another example:

You have encountered Demon Statue!
Currently it has 6 arms. It is fairly easy to take down, and is Shadow element. He only uses Shadow cards at this stage.

Now, my Lightning Wolf brings it down to 0 hp. It loses an arm, though it does not fall. It goes back to full health, a tad bit more aggressive. My Lightning Wolf brings it down to 0 hp Again!
Another arm falls, thought it has not fallen. It regains full Health again, and the fight continues. This time, he begins using some Fire element cards.

My Lightning Wolf brings down another arm, again, regains. My Lightning Wolf brings down another arm, again, regains. He has 2 arms left. Now, he is very aggressive, adding on a Lightning element or something.

After two arms taken down again, he has 0 arms left, only the statue body/head. He starts to use Ice/Fire. After killing it, you will receive a bigger reward.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another example -> Dragon

I think this idea would be good when going against big, tough monsters, such as AQW's Raxgore, who is deemed unkillable supposedly, or really tough monsters like Akriloth the Dragon.
Now, I'm sure that since these guys are strong, they SHOULD be strong. Am I right? So say I'm going against Akriloth the Dragon, after I kill him once, he shouldn't go down just like that.
There should be maybe 2-3 phases?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, to get the multiple phases as part of your collection, you may have to evolve them, such as Hydra.
Or sometimes, such as Demon Statue, you can only play with the 6-arm version. The other versions are not available, only able to be battled against.
Unless you guys disagree, and let the other versions be able to be bought.

Or maybe some are not able to be possessed at all?

Also in order for Demon Statue to not be that Over-powered, maybe it should work like this. He first has 5,400 Hp, after killed once, he revives to only 4,500 Hp, and then only 3,500 Hp, and then 2,100
hp, and then 1,500 hp, and then 500 hp. After all, he gets more difficult with each passed phase- and he has SEVEN phases!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought of this idea because when I was battling at Paladin grounds searching for another Gentleman, the thought hit me. These paladins make battles so short. Why not longer? Why not phases?
These phases would only be active in PvP if both persons are using Phase-Characters as I call them, or it wont be active at all. Or maybe there could be special ways to arrange these phase battles
in PvP? Maybe only if you send an invite, and a button would pop up saying ''Phase Battles active?'' And both duelists would have to agree. If one does not agree, then the duel starts without Phase-mode
on.

I'm about to post this idea in the ''What would you like to see Thread'' in hopes that a Dev might see it.

So what do you guys think? Sorry if what I suggested above is a little confusing, or messy. If you can, constructive criticism? Feel free to add to it, or take away as you please. It all helps
making an idea better.
Post #: 583
1/9/2014 3:34:04   
Kiazz

Now that the buff applications thing has been declared to not be implemented, which Sage said, can you please, please, please turn the two sacrifices into 500 Attack Cards on Cyber Void? The mana consumption, surge, and energize would work soo much better with those changes. No other characters would be affected by the deck change, as opposed to making a mechanic change, thereby rendering it not "OP," which could potentially be used as an argument.
Post #: 584
1/9/2014 5:00:36   
DidYouKnowThat

@Kiazz: After looking at CV's deck, maybe changing one Sacrifice to the 500 attack card, and letting the other one stay as a Sacrifice? It might come in handy some day to finish off or pressure an opponent.

Post #: 585
1/9/2014 5:47:16   
Kiazz

In a character that lacks native life drains and has insanely low mana consuming cards? Not to mention the unknown number of turns that getting energize, using it, and gaining super charge might take? Sacrifice shortens your life, has no heal to balance it out, and costs nothing (Good in some characters, but not with a deck like CV. Theoretically, it might be "handy" if you have enough hp or so, but your opponent will be trying their best to finish you off. Sacrifice is suicide, overspecialized, and the ability to use super charge on it, while nice, cannot be predicted either. It's risky with a high chance of "wrong" hands.
Post #: 586
1/9/2014 5:59:47   
DidYouKnowThat

Meh. Possibly that is the vulnerable side of CV then. :/

Guess it's for Nulgath to decide. :P And true. . . Shadow isn't exactly a good element to re-gain health. . . 8 energy for Life-drain. . . . Yikes.

But then again you can add in some CC's in the mean time. :P
Post #: 587
1/9/2014 6:05:30   
Kiazz

More cards that jam up CV's chances of getting an energize, attack card, and super charge? Lifedrain isn't in CV, despite the fact that it IS 8 for 900 in effect; not the best heal around.
Post #: 588
1/9/2014 8:51:12   
Megadragonknight

Add 2 CC Life Drain to CV's deck won't affect the chances of getting the cards needed. Balance between 2 Sacrifice and 2 CC Life Drain.
Post #: 589
1/9/2014 9:43:54   
odsey

A raid feature.

Basically, you would need to form a party of 8 to face a monster in a dungeon. There would be bosses and new enemies with new cards. These monster would be hard to face and need cooperation and teamwork to finish. You can choose any character but the party are restricted to 1 element for each player. Each player can only choose 1 character to bring.

There would also be puzzle and traps. To enter the raid boss room, you would need to find a clue of password across the dungeon, but this is not the only way to enter the raid boss room. To get the clue, there would be riddles and puzzles. Failing the puzzle will make all raid member get a certain debuff, hp reduction and other things.

The raid leader would make the decisions such as moving around the dungeon and make choices. However, other raid member can chat and talk to other raid members and help the leader in navigating the dungeon and also help the raid leader makes choices.

For facing the enemy, this is quite a complex feature to be built, especially the boss. I was thinking a type of battle where player will face different part of the raid boss, such as feet, body and head but that would make the raid battle a bit useless. One thing for sure, the enemies(especially the boss) will have a quite bigger hp and energy pool and also has special cards that are powerful but not op. This type of boss would need teamwork to be defeated.

For the reward I'm not thinking of character but maybe artifact or special cards that can be added to our deck. Also, for defeating the boss you would get a new type of currency called raid souls. This currency can be used to buy special items from a shop that contains many thing's such as a raid boss character. This raid boss character cannot be possessed and is exclusive from the raid soul shop. There could also be artifacts and special cards that we can add to our character.

< Message edited by odsey -- 1/9/2014 9:48:19 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 590
1/9/2014 10:02:14   
Megadragonknight

@Odsey
A very interesting suggestion! I would love to see teamwork in OS to take down bosses so we can possess him. Consider the boss especially Storm Knight and Lich are now slightly harder than usual due to Combo Bonus, I think having some players join together in battle in order to take down future bosses. This can also give suggestion to make the boss harder if there is teamwork by players. That would be very fun for more than 1 players fighting against a very challenging boss. :D
Post #: 591
1/9/2014 10:09:07   
odsey

@Megadragonknight

Yup, it would be really fun to have more than 1 players to face a certain enemy with more than 1 player. However I also see this feature as a bit complex as making 8 players battle at once is quite hard. But hopefully Nulgath can make a feature like my suggestion.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 592
1/9/2014 10:51:42   
megakyle777

I seem to recall Nulgath making a post about dungeons, traps and whatnot, though I think it was his intention to keep the game playable by one man. Having said that, I'd be up for multi man dungeon raids as long as they are strictly optional.
DF  Post #: 593
1/9/2014 12:31:46   
DarkLore

One thing I'd love to see with that idea. An ED-like system that works where if you die during the battle you still get the rewards as long as your team kills the monster. That's one of the features I actually like.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 594
1/9/2014 18:37:38   
DidYouKnowThat

Maybe things like Odsey's Raid idea, and my Phase-Battles ideas, or things like Wishing Well, etc. can be available to people only AFTER the Grand-storyline?

Referring to what Mega-Kyle said, nully wants this to be a 1-man game? But after finishing the grand storyline, I don't see why we can't team with others. :O
Post #: 595
1/10/2014 6:20:35   
naruto_1522

<<<I don't know if this was already asked, i didn't read it all (too lazy)>>>

I want to see a character page like feature in oversoul. I want to know the other player's characters so that i could check the wiki how to get it.

AQW  Post #: 596
1/10/2014 9:44:33   
DarkLore

Linking the character names to their wiki articles should be easy enough too. AQWorlds did it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 597
1/10/2014 12:05:14   
The Jop

The game client to ask you if you're sure when you try to close the page. I just closed it accidentally when I was switching tabs, and I was fighting Time Gentleman!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 598
1/11/2014 16:31:43   
branden80

okay last time i said the original sg evos like shadowdance, frost void, katana zon, and earth mage should get legendaries, i take that back. they shouldnt get new legendaries because its too much work, making art and codin and all.
so! i believe the sg evos should get revamped! throw out the numerous 100 attacks, lessen the 200 attacks, replace piercing 100 attacks with cards like ice needle and tazors, and just become epic again!

AQW  Post #: 599
1/11/2014 17:12:39   
DidYouKnowThat

@above: Not everything stays strong. Just move on. Even SG characters must have things like 100 attacks, and pierces.
Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 24 of 29«<2223242526>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition