Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 27 of 29«<2526272829>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/14/2014 9:23:24   
Beck

@Jacke21777
So what is it that you want to see (hence the name of this thread)? A character named Anniversary Zombie? Because Oversoul's updates are for the most part, very free-player friendly; there is barely any exclusive content except for the rare promotions like First Upholder, or for upgrades to alpha characters.

On the topic of what we should have for the next anniversary, I think we should see the Skexis variant, and have it be a capturable, very rare character in the wild.
AQW  Post #: 651
1/14/2014 9:31:20   
Andlu

I say skexis is coming not on the birthday, but like CV did. Special cyber monday character
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 652
1/14/2014 9:34:37   
Jacke21777

Anything at all which relates to the OS birthday, which is also for free-players. A character or two, specifically, would've been welcome. I just don't want to see something like this repeated. The upgrades for alpha characters were the only thing that happened, which were promised, and I'm happy that they were fulfilled. The zombie reference was made as an example, drawing from the halloween point and "free-player friendly" releases, which people seem to think compensate for it. As you well know. Refer back to my first post, on this discussion.

On the topic of rare promotions, how about higher lifetime SG rewards? After a certain amount of time spent in this game, you buy quite a bit. Shall we say, 500 or 1000 lifetime SG rewards? The characters don't have to be overpowered or anything; new characters are always appreciated. And there would be more potential to spend money on this game, thereby funding it and maybe gaining more resource for steady, quality releases.

Post #: 653
1/14/2014 9:42:48   
The Jop

I disagree; I definitely prefer gameplay updates to characters. They've been releasing a constant stream of characters for months, and that doesn't change much about the game. It will only really start getting interesting and attracting new players when quests, artifacts, chaos, elemental resistances, and team battles begin to be added.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 654
1/14/2014 10:02:13   
Jacke21777

Can't they release both? I prefer characters, because they're tried and true. Elemental resistance is something that bothers me, too. How will that even work? 50 damage more per hit? Etc. Giving the characters different elemental-specific cards is diverse enough. New players come with advertising and word-of-mouth. It's slowly being stifled due to the erratic nature of the releases and near-zero communication between us and the developers. The DNs were an improvement, but they're only updated once a fort night. Surely writing isn't as time-consuming as making characters; they give us something to anticipate, rather than not knowing rather whether there might be a release or not, when mentioned.
Post #: 655
1/14/2014 10:12:14   
Andlu

No they can't. As we said tons of time oversoul is understaffed, and Nulgath for example is working hard on BG. They don't have all that time to make both those.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 656
1/14/2014 10:15:57   
Jacke21777

Which brings me back to my point about how Nulgath could have pushed back Chinese New Year for the actual chronological Chinese New Year for extra time.

Also:
quote:

On the topic of rare promotions, how about higher lifetime SG rewards? After a certain amount of time spent in this game, you buy quite a bit. Shall we say, 500 or 1000 lifetime SG rewards? The characters don't have to be overpowered or anything; new characters are always appreciated. And there would be more potential to spend money on this game, thereby funding it and maybe gaining more resource for steady, quality releases.
Post #: 657
1/14/2014 10:29:54   
Andlu

@Jacke You don't really know why he did that. It could be possible that he pushed back it because he'd be busy when the chinese new year come...

< Message edited by Andlu -- 1/14/2014 10:30:05 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 658
1/14/2014 18:35:01   
DidYouKnowThat

Saying ''can't you do this'' is easy. .. but doing it is a different thing. Pretty sure Nulgath knows what he's doing.

And like I said, this game is only in Beta, and you can always expect, from any game, there will, WILL, be a few releases dedicated to a specific group of players. . .

So I'd say drop the issue until you see more of what this game will bring out. Ok? Wait for the Developers to finish up with their business so they can focus solely on Oversoul.

Once they do that and this issue still occurs, then I'd say that your argument is justified. Although currently it's just whining in my opinion. . ..

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/14/2014 18:36:12 >
Post #: 659
1/14/2014 21:28:35   
Jacke21777

quote:

Nulgath for example is working hard on BG. They don't have all that time to make both those.

Hm, is he still working for Artix Entertainment? I was under the impression that he stayed because he hadn't found any other programmers for his project yet. You're right, I don't know what Nulgath is doing with his time. But neither do you, so on what basis do you assume that he has or hasn't got time? Perhaps he has another job on the side, you never know.

quote:

Saying ''can't you do this'' is easy. .. but doing it is a different thing. Pretty sure Nulgath knows what he's doing.

So I'd say drop the issue until you see more of what this game will bring out. Ok? Wait for the Developers to finish up with their business so they can focus solely on Oversoul.

Once they do that and this issue still occurs, then I'd say that your argument is justified. Although currently it's just whining in my opinion. . ..

Have you read any of my posts? I've been making reasonable and logical arguments so far; how can you label it "whining," when you, in fact, are doing so? On what basis can you judge me? How will this affect you in anyway?

Sure he knows what he's doing; that's why he has recycled animations for multiple characters and has not dealt with the element of chaos, as of yet. I expect that this game would be fair; that releases would cater to all players. After all, after a four weeks of waiting, again due to understaffed-ness and such, wouldn't anyone want something to be able to do? I would've been okay if it came out as a week release, with another release waiting for the next week. But I expect more from this game; after all, I'm funding it, directly, and everyone should get as much out of a game as the next person. We're all supporting Oversoul, so why segregate us?

< Message edited by Skurge -- 1/14/2014 23:33:14 >
Post #: 660
1/14/2014 21:37:46   
Trollok!!!

For free players on the Anniversary event, maybe a cake golem or a giant gift box with bows as tentacles! :D
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 661
1/14/2014 21:49:44   
DidYouKnowThat

Ever heard of a deadline? Lel.

If you're too late, then you're too late. That's fact.

@Trollolok: You should post that for a Character Suggestion. :P

Though. .. Tentacles, Cake Golems?! Not sure if Oversoul shares the same silliness as AQW. xD

I doubt he'll make anything that random. . . the most random you'll get is Mishap or something. . . :P at least that's what I think. But who knows. .

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/14/2014 21:52:16 >
Post #: 662
1/14/2014 21:55:53   
Andlu

@Jacke Yes he still works for AE, because OS is from AE xD. But he is currently busy with BG and is trying to get a released each week. We had TG and chinese new year character so close.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 663
1/14/2014 22:01:16   
DidYouKnowThat

Battlegems should be releasing this month. . . . . Quick question, anyone know if there's going to be Open-test for it? Or any Live-stream about the gameplay? I'm interested in seeing how it works. . .

Well getting on with my point, be patient. Once BattleGems launches, Nulgath will have more time for Oversoul. :DD Hurrah! Hurrah!

Post #: 664
1/14/2014 22:03:36   
Trollok!!!

@DidYouKnowThat: You're right, Oversoul isn't that silly...I need to craft a dark backstory or something to introduce it then. Maybe a Carrie-like character whose powers manifest as the result of a birthday gone horribly wrong...

Sadly I'm not much of an artist OR story-teller. But I can try my hand at drawing a cake character...
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 665
1/14/2014 22:07:24   
DidYouKnowThat

Try your best, and good luck!

And. . hehe, you know what though. Your idea reminded me of Giant Gingerbread men . . .you know. . .the Shrek movie . .. . giant destructive Ginger bread dude. . . . . .Heh. . .

and the Cake Golem could be controlled by a Baker/Chef dude. . .who's actually a Necromancer?! Lol . . . .eh. .. I guess you can go ''out of the box'' a bit. . I mean, take a look at
Revontheus' Big Dadddy character. .. the double-chinned dude who has the gun.
Post #: 666
1/14/2014 22:10:57   
Trollok!!!

@DidYouKnowThat: Oh yeah, Mongo the Gingerbread Man from Shrek 2 was awesome! We could do a giant Gingerbread Man as the next Christmas character :D.

Maybe you should enter the Cake Golem with the PastryMancer as YOUR suggestion; that's pretty creative :)
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 667
1/14/2014 22:33:04   
Jacke21777

@Andlu Oh, what makes you so sure? Just because AE is hosting his game? If you remember, they branded it as an Ebilcorp game, a move that could suggest a distancing. Also, he's mentioned that he runs on a bi-weekly release schedule. Which, even then, is sporadic. He has his own reasons, I don't presume to know them, but neither do you.
quote:

Ever heard of a deadline? Lel.

In regards to your question, yes. A deadline is a deadline, but what I want to change isn't the rarity of those items; like, re-releasing it. What I want is a completely different way for us, the current player base, to celebrate OS' birthday. Rather than just making evos for old characters, which are inaccessible, thereby acknowledging only a part of it, as you have stated.

< Message edited by Skurge -- 1/14/2014 23:32:34 >
Post #: 668
1/14/2014 22:46:43   
DidYouKnowThat

Oversoul has already shown improvement on what you mean.

*ahem* May I present to you, New Years' Release? Last year, Father Time was capturable. . .but to evolve him, you needed to pay SG. Ka-boom! I doubt the F2P players liked it, since the Veteran
version sort of sucks, . . .but at least an artifact-ish now since he's perma-rare. . .

BUT, now Nulgath did something different. He brought in Mr. Gentlemen, who, is Legendary, and most of all, F2P!! Everyone, even free-players and new players are able to catch him for free.
Not to mention it'll help them level, etc. And it's only fair for the low possess/encounter rate since Oversoul also needs to raise money.

Speaking of $$$ to be made, remember that it is Understaffed right now. If you are going to be releasing only 1-2 characters, you're going to have to make them SG to haul in some $$$.

In addition to that, the evolutions for Void Knight/Skexis were already in plan from a while ago, so it wasn't just recent. It was planned, and implemented.

< Message edited by Skurge -- 1/14/2014 23:18:45 >
Post #: 669
1/14/2014 23:18:14   
Skurge
The Dealer

I'm going to remind everyone to remain civil and respect other people's opinions. Complaining and arguing about in game currency and other topics is not allowed here.

PM's were sent to offending members.

~Skurge,
ArchKnight OSGD

< Message edited by Skurge -- 1/14/2014 23:43:58 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 670
1/14/2014 23:38:54   
Jacke21777

Father Time's pre-evos were costed no SGs, however. Therefore, the free-to-play crowd was catered to. It's your opinion that the character sucks, like I said, it doesn't matter if it sucks, given my mention of zombie as an example, it's the idea behind it. They acknowledged that part of the player base.

Gentleman's spawn rate is abysmally low, and the capture rate isn't any higher. I've heard horror stories about it; it's pretty much a 1 SG character. Unless you fancy spending your time wasting away while grinding. But, as you have said, it caters to the free-to-play community. However, like I said, stop lumping events together as a form of compensation, they were not made to be viewed so.

My SG reward idea was posted a while back, but you need a player base in the first place to get players to spend money on it. To prove to them that you are worth their cash. Not that I would presume to tell Nulgath what to do, I'm not a professional in that field. Just an opinion.

I agree with them being planned and implemented, I've stated as much. However, what I DON'T agree with is the single-minded dedication of an entire release to only those characters; completely shutting away a chunk of the player base.
Post #: 671
1/14/2014 23:56:36   
DidYouKnowThat

So you want a Birthday event that caters to both F2P and Buyers. Aiight, well Skexis, Rev, and VC were for the testers only, because they tested. It ain't fair for them new comers to hitch a free ride.
I know, ''who said anythin' about hitching a ride? I want a character!'' Well referring back to what I said, understaffed. Not to mention Skexis and VC were already planned for next Birthday, so it was
implemented first. And Rev, well it was also part of the plan. The early bird gets the worm, the late ones just have to wait till next year.

And not to mention next year will be much better I can guarantee since Nulgath and co. will be focusing solely on Oversoul. So do realize that at the moment the Devs do have their hands full.

And this is still TESTING, remember that. If it were already a fully-launched game, then it would be different.

And for Gentleman, I encountered him on 2nd try at T-2 grid. Not to mention going on Forums instead of hunting down Gentleman isn't really helping. Just search maybe 30 minutes a day? You
still have a full year after all. And you said you contributed money to this game, right? So I'm sure 1 SG isn't a big deal.

It's not shutting the free players away. It's just giving what was promised. Devs are busy.
Post #: 672
1/14/2014 23:59:05   
Beck

@Jacke
Part of constructive criticism is that you include what you WANT to see, or what specifically you think should be done to make the game better, instead of simply saying something is unfair. That's what separates constructive criticism from simple complaining.

From the OSGD Forum rules:

quote:

Constructive Criticism

What is it?
Constructive criticism is being able to process and offer your own thoughts and opinions in order to give courteous and friendly feedback. This is done by explaining what you like and dislike, while at the same time providing feedback that is useful. This is what separates constructive feedback from ranting/complaining and flaming.

Does it help? How?
Yes! Constructive criticism helps because not only are you giving feedback about what you don't like about a quest/event, but you're also giving feedback about what you DID like in the quest. Feedback could include on such topics as statistics, more dialogue, more explanatory cutscenes, more fights - everything that quests or events would normally include. This gives the game staff a better idea on future improvements.

Example of Constructive Criticism:
"I didn't partularly like this war because it felt too empty. To have made it better, I think the staff could have had a 50% cutscene to unlock rather than just a shop to progress the storyline. As it was, I personally was a little dissapointed that this war felt more rushed than previous wars, however I do understand that the staff had a lot on their plate when making this release.
That said, I greatly enjoyed the boss fight, the animations and art fit perfectly with the song that was playing in the background. So while not one of the best wars DF have done, I still enjoyed it. Thank you, DF staff!"

Example of Unconstructive Criticism:
"I didn't like this war at all. What were the staff thinking? The items in the shop were ugly, overpriced and were bugged!! No cutscene? That was never done before and it is not how it should be done ever. Seriously, doesn't the staff ever listen to us?! The boss fight was too hard and took forever to beat :( And there was no sound. I dont think the staff even care anymore. Best war ever /sarcasm I hate this game D:<!"

That being said, your comment about wanting a free-to-obtain character named "Anniversary _____" has been noted. I'm sure even if Nulgath doesn't check the wiki, Asuka/Sage will, and they'll bring it up once that season rolls around again.
AQW  Post #: 673
1/15/2014 2:14:38   
DarkLore

I'd like to see what everyone's tourney participation reward is! Been waiting ages for this!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 674
1/15/2014 2:53:59   
DidYouKnowThat

@Darklore: Eh? I don't get it. What do ya'll earn from those Tournaments? In-game rewards? That'd be nice, and will attract more people to forums, etc. . . .

Removed unessary comment. ~Skurge, Oversoul General Discussion

< Message edited by Skurge -- 1/15/2014 7:51:28 >
Post #: 675
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 27 of 29«<2526272829>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition