Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Has Epic Duel Reached its Peak?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Has Epic Duel Reached its Peak?
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/1/2013 2:14:51   
Mother1

@ Valkyrie

Even before cores the game was never balance to begin with. If the game was balanced, and then when they introduced these cores the game became unbalanced then I would agree with you. However the game wasn't balanced to begin with.
Epic  Post #: 26
8/1/2013 2:20:12   
Dual Thrusters

Yep, what mother said

Even if we revert this game to Beta, we would be seeing familiar OP builds that players use today.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
8/1/2013 2:53:13   
SKRALL213

Alright first off:
This game has never bean balanced even at the start of Alpha.
Debuff's are both strategy and Anti-Strategy (How ever you wish to call it)
The game Right now is Still In Testing. The game isn't even finished yet because its in a Omega Phase. The other AE games only went through a Alpha and Beta Phase. ED is going through more then just Alpha or Beta. The game is unbalanced because the wrong things are getting nerf and not the right things. There is only a staff of Five devs. So its kinda hard for them to make the game balanced with all the stuff their trying to do.

The game would never go back to Beta Phase. Most likely another Phase like Beta. Everything HAS to have a counter or it would be unfair. If there was no counters then all the classes would be OP because nothing would counter causing more unbalance. ED has not Reached its peak and is still going through testing and such. Remember its a Staff of Five. Coding and making Balance isn't easy at all. The devs have bean trying to balance the game. its not the devs fault. Balance is "Suppose" to come after this "War" is done.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
8/1/2013 3:10:07   
ValkyrieKnight

I simply never seen a game with this much consistent outcry for balance. Literally every class is getting complained about being overpowered, every class ! Usually in a game its just 1 or 2 classes but in ED its every class while I don't think every class is over and under actually I think they're just fine its just some cores that are meh.

I still play the game waiting eagerly for this balance after the war its just the more I fight literal copy and paste players the thinner my enthusiasm is.
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
8/1/2013 3:24:57   
Mother1

@ valkyrieknight

The reason for copy building are the following.

1 Winning > than build diversity. The masses would rather copy everyone else and get a decent win rate rather then being diverse and lose due to popular builds.

For balance the following is needed

1 every class having their own set of moves that don't overlap with the expection of field medic. With this If a balance issue comes with a class you won't unbalance another class when buffing or nerfing the class that needs the work.

2 a complete rewrite of how everything works from luck factors, damage, who goes first etc. The balance changes being made now are only making pushing something else into the OP chair and once it is found then that build becomes popular, it is the same thing with a different build.

3 A way to make it so copy building can't happen. Seriously this has been a problem since alpha, but nothing has been done about this.
Epic  Post #: 30
8/1/2013 3:40:15   
ValkyrieKnight

Many people will throw out the argument that that's too much work Mother that's the problem. From what you speak of every class having unique skills and working with the formulas to lessen the influence of luck that's exactly what people are going to say.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
8/1/2013 5:05:49   
midnight assassin

I don't see the point of calling this game a strategy game anymore. Both sides messed it up anyway players and the devs. The solution right now is removing this power creep.

< Message edited by midnight assassin -- 8/1/2013 5:10:15 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
8/1/2013 6:08:03   
ansh0

quote:

But that is the entire point of epic duel. Beat your opponent's plans so you can beat them before they can do it to you.

Then why do you have to pay $50 do it?

Epic  Post #: 33
8/1/2013 6:39:16   
Mysterion.

quote:

Then why do you have to pay $50 do it?

You don't.

With my level 35 non var alt, I still win 80% with focus BH.
So yeah, it is still possible. -.-
Epic  Post #: 34
8/1/2013 7:02:12   
AQisFuN
Banned

I don't believe in this. If the game were balanced, and everyone was equal, there is no point of playing the game. The staff make some items special/unique/Slightly more powerful so that they can earn money and tempt players to buy better items than normal. It is also more fun in some ways, using special items with unique ability. But as always, every item in the game has flaw(s). These special OP items can even backfire and cause you to lose a fight if you don't know how to use them properly.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
8/1/2013 8:10:38   
martinsen5

quote:

The game Right now is Still In Testing. The game isn't even finished yet because its in a Omega Phase.

@SKRALL213, it's really not in testing though. I can agree with Alpha and Beta being a somewhat testing phase, but Gamma, Delta and Omega have pretty much just been normal phases of Epic Duel. I mean the game itself is already out there, it's been out for what now, 4-5 years? You can't say that this game is still in it's testing phase because it's not! Everyone can access the game, and sure while new features are being introduced like cores and whatnot, this happens in every game. It doesn't mean the game is in a testing phase, just because they release new content.
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
8/1/2013 10:00:22   
midnight assassin

quote:

If the game were balanced, and everyone was equal, there is no point of playing the game.

Seriously that's the reason on why most of my friends quit playing ed. There is a power creep and it is destroying the game. Its actually a ticking time bomb if devs will continue releasing op cores.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
8/1/2013 10:10:57   
Predator9657

quote:

"Please staff get rid of everything that makes me lose or make it so I can counter it without much work so I can win!"

lol, that sums up the attitude of this thread nicely :D
Epic  Post #: 38
8/1/2013 10:11:05   
Ranloth
Banned

The only "overpowered" core seems to be Azrael's Will... I don't see any others being said to be overpowered but this one. <.< So saying "if devs will continue releasing op cores" is a bit invalid because there is only one which players claim to be such.
AQ Epic  Post #: 39
8/1/2013 11:38:47   
lionblades

I think Azraels Will is strong but not OP the only overpowered core is Azraels Torment
AQW  Post #: 40
8/1/2013 11:55:17   
Mother1

@ lionblades

The effect of azreal's torment is no stronger the effect of heart attack or cleanse. (since effect wise these both remove 65% of what they take away) Now let's see why are people upset about this weapon? Oh I got it. Because the popular overused builds right now (support abuse and strength support builds with strong debuff) are using these items to win against the massses, and many players who play keep fighting these overused builds that make them lose.
Epic  Post #: 41
8/1/2013 12:16:02   
lionblades

@Mother1
That is exactly why the core is overpowered. For example, if you have high defense matrix, the alux can take away about 20 defense buff AND adds rage+good damage. The reason the people are not upset about the bot is because most dont think it is as overpowered as the alux.
1. Those that abuse stats can effectively do more damage with the alux that robot
2. Also, other bots can be more effective for certain players (eg. tank poison bot)
3. Those that don't have the alux have only 1 core option for their alux: Concussive Shot which is way weaker than Azraels

Lets face it: Azrael Torment is OP

AQW  Post #: 42
8/1/2013 12:29:42   
Mother1

@ Lionblades

As an owner of the azreal's borg I can tell you that the bot isn't OP. Even if I was to abuse focus and tech to the max guess what? unless I manage to crit with the sting or my opponent has really crappy defense I only can get 3 damage (the bare min) along with the 65% removal of the buff which in all honestly is a far exchange. Plus even if I managed to crit with the sting against most players (unless again your defense sucks which if that is the case you deserve to get hit hard) I only get 12-15 damage and this is if I am using the infernal intridictor which powers up crits by 10%.

Epic  Post #: 43
8/1/2013 12:41:07   
lionblades

@Mother1
I never said the azraels borg was OP. My post says that the Azrael's alux is OP for the right reasons.
Azraels Torment= Alux
Heart attack= Robot
AQW  Post #: 44
8/1/2013 20:45:10   
ValkyrieKnight

The game set for rage sauce when they added Azreal and that Poison bot. Azreal has already been explained, it renders defense buffs and rusty useless as its just giving the Azreal user a free turn and many of them are glass cannons which makes it even more deadly. The poison bot needs a longer cooltime, its way too unfair to have super tanks spam that while most of us have at least level 5 medic and can't invest the energy in a early healing leaving us vulnerable to that inevitable energy drain while the poison takes effect. Chairmans fury is only annoying with kamikaze bounty hunters as its another undodgable physical attack that ignores their often very low to no dexterity.

Again I'm not saying all of the cores mentioned should be removed. I'm glad some players stop using the aux but that poison bot is just as broken as the aux.
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
8/1/2013 20:58:48   
Lord Machaar

I think epicduel is coming to an End not to a Peak.
MQ Epic  Post #: 46
8/1/2013 21:05:47   
midnight assassin

I've just warned the devs about this power creep and I'm out of this.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
8/1/2013 23:52:27   
Lycan.

give it a couple more years or maybe months, there will be little to no people playing this game.
Epic  Post #: 48
8/2/2013 0:25:02   
Cyber Dream

It has not reached it's peak, but it has come to an point where it seems like they are running out of ideas....i mean if this is their idea of a "war" then we should lower our expectations
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
8/2/2013 1:03:36   
Lord Machaar

Statics don't lie, compare last year servers with this year servers, remember guys, when we wanted a 5th server? now barely the epic server is full.
MQ Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Has Epic Duel Reached its Peak?
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition