Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Has Epic Duel Reached its Peak?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Has Epic Duel Reached its Peak?
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/5/2013 18:08:22   
Dual Thrusters

The thing is, it's actually enjoyable for me personaly to fight broken buids. I don't know why, but fighting them is more epic.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 101
8/5/2013 18:16:37   
lionblades

I used to enjoy fighting 1vs1 as a focus BH and would have fun when I beat an overused strong build but now its like eh....
Gets boring once you fight the exact same copy builds and lose the exact same way ;/
Now I like jugg better
AQW  Post #: 102
8/5/2013 18:27:42   
Mother1

I only do 1 vs 1 now if I need a quick battle to try and get a capture point for that area.

Many times I get paired off with the same kind of build 10-20 times in a row. The fact that there is no variety in 1 vs 1 make me not want to play it.
Epic  Post #: 103
8/5/2013 19:31:23   
ValkyrieKnight

@ Mother

I think they're few players that enjoy 1v1 more than 2v2. Back during the Delta phase I had nearly x2 more 1v1 fights than 2v2, now they're equal : ( I still 1v1 when I can though.

Back on Topic

Considering cores ( unless attached onto weapons ) are usually credits/varium purchasable I would suggest the ED team work on making a new class that possesses any potential new cores as attacks. I found myself thinking if they're going to make all these cores they could've invested that time into making a class. This new class could be 1500 varium to purchase instead of 900. This way they can be assured they'd make money with this new update rather than only having promos as a assured source of revenue. ( Who is going to pay 80k for a class change anyway? ) :P

The only reason why I haven't asked this question until now is, what weapons would they use? Let alone their own gear. It's very hard to say seeing how many gears mercs,mages,hunters have but then again they could abolish class specific armors. How would that make sense? Well, they're bulky armors that mages can wear, and thin armors that mercs can wear so its not impossible to remove class specific gears, just keep gender specific in play. As for weapons? Who knows.

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 8/5/2013 19:37:53 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 104
8/5/2013 19:59:41   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@valk Each time a class is added, balance becomes much harder. Each class added gets different skills and combos that may completely trample an already existing class. They don't even have the 6 classes balanced right now so another one is out of the question.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 105
8/5/2013 21:56:17   
Shajun Ki

After logging on today I do believe epic duel isn't going to grow anymore in terms of the player base because there was only one server open with 700 players in it. I checked back 3 hours later and it didn't move much so I don't think it was because
of the servers crashing. At the rate the devs are going this game isn't going to survive much longer. Omega was a failure, I'm not trying to bash the staff or anything because I know they put enormous amounts of effort into this phase but it just hasn't
worked out as they planned. After this "war" is over they're going to seriously need to put their heads together and think of a way to pull themselves out of the hole they're in right now. It's going to take more than these nerfs, buffs, faction changes and fancy
promo cores to bring players back and bring new ones in. Just my opinions.

< Message edited by Shajun Ki -- 8/5/2013 21:57:00 >
Post #: 106
8/5/2013 23:48:25   
Scyze

So we all saw how good the other phases were, right? Now we're expecting this current phase to be good. Well... do we all need to be like this? Omega wasn't successful in the same way(s) as the other phases but we do see a lot of new things right now. Perhaps we can think of Omega as something different; something unique when compared with other phases.

We've seen Omega bring out changes, features and fairness and all the hard work by the Developers isn't treated in a fair manor. For blaming Omega for losses of these veteran players isn't right. They're all expecting Omega to be like the others but same things done multiple times isn't always good. :P

< Message edited by Scyze -- 8/5/2013 23:59:46 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
8/7/2013 21:51:26   
Lord Machaar

I think with the games inovation and development, players are now more attracted to Action Games like CoD and RPG, like LoL, Dota 2, and most of those games are downloadable games, unlike browser games, browser games prooved themselves also in RPG, like Runescape, and most recently a crazy Shooting game that I loved, TankiOnline. The 3D games seems to overrate the 2D ones, which makes the team developer of 2D games infront of big challenges, with that been said, ED team didn't pick it up, I mean you need to make something special about the game, so with it you can attract more players, not making it like any other games on the web... if they took AQW as an idol, they might succeed, they've just recently put a goal of 1 million likes on facebook.
MQ Epic  Post #: 108
8/7/2013 21:59:05   
newtena

if the health remains the same.

< Message edited by newtena -- 8/7/2013 22:01:07 >
Post #: 109
8/7/2013 22:28:11   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Epic Duels development as I see it

I believe we will go back up again, as soon as the war gets fun. It has potential.

The highest point was when level 35 was introduced during the war.

I forgot to add a point where missions were added. I'd put that at about 85.

The graph program I used did not put all the words into the picture so some logins are blank.

< Message edited by Chosen 0ne -- 8/8/2013 0:42:38 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 110
8/8/2013 0:42:41   
Dual Thrusters

Oh yea! What better time to raise the level cap than when the players are also farming for the war!

And yea we need missions. I haven't done one since Arborgeddon. At least some derp repeatable mission that gives 100 credits for 10 wins.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
8/8/2013 1:05:59   
Celestine
Constructive!

The game has definitely lost some of its popularity since the last time I've played it.
There is just no incentive for me to continue playing a game that puts very little focus on its core problems.
Balance has always been a big issue and while I understand that tackling such an issue is extensive and difficult, I feel like releasing content is a greater priority for the developers right now.

But has the game truly reached its peak? I certainly hope not. It still has a lot of potential.
DF Epic  Post #: 112
8/8/2013 1:16:38   
Dual Thrusters

^

When you say "core problems" do you mean unbalanced cores, or main issues?

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 113
8/19/2013 3:30:42   
Archlord Raistlin

@Scyze

As a veteran player, I can definitely blame omega...
1. All the varium spent over the years has been poorly compensated in-game.
2. Why buy any gear now unless changing your look, or you want some special core?
3. Battles are totally manipulated to appease low level and non-varium players with
impossible luck factors built in. Battle matchups are totally manipulated to keep
the war interesting and in combination with the battle engine "adjustments", takes
the enjoyment right out of the game....predetermined wins and losses.
4. They add some nice war features, e.g turrets and shields, but make them pretty weak
for the cost, and so expensive that most players cannot afford to have any fun using them.
5. They ruined multi, which is a core skill for 2v2...pfft they ignore 2v2 anyway.
6. Since making cyber imputent, they have done nothing for that class in a year or two.
7. Build choices are limited and there is little sacrifice between power and defense.
8. Balance to the dev's means any noob can win 50% of the time regardless...and when they
reach level 30, they will make sure that comes at the expense of veterans.

So yeah, I can definitely sympathize with many of my friends who have given up on this game.
Years of support and investment in time and money comes down to a game that has turned into
more of a coin toss than anything else, thanks to the dev's "fairness and hard work".

Honestly, it feels like the patients are running the asylum...
Post #: 114
8/19/2013 3:41:05   
Scyze

Wow, you're a veteran? Guess what? I don't care what title you have and this is for everyone. Just because you're a veteran doesn't mean you're better than everyone else. You can't always win/beat the newbie players. Why can't they win?

They ruined multi? Nah, it's just your opinion. I still see successful builds.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
8/19/2013 3:55:00   
Archlord Raistlin

LOL... that's all you got? Sensitive...

There's nothing wrong with a newbie winning a battle. There never has been. It's when the game
changes so that any newbie can simply copy someone else's build without any effort and in combination
with luck factors, win battles they have no business winning.

Apparently, you know exactly what I'm talking about...
Post #: 116
8/19/2013 4:00:29   
AQisFuN
Banned

@Archlord Then what's stopping you from leaving this game forever? If this game ain't fun for you, then what has kept you playing? We don't really care about you anyways. Please give constructive feedback. Your opinions are negative. Don't judge the staff. You are just a random person who has no idea what's going on. The staff won't even listen to your opinion. Have some positive feedback. If you don't have something positive to say, don't say anything at all.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 117
8/19/2013 4:16:44   
kaiseryeux21

@aqisfun, everything archlord stated is true and is based on our experience as veteran players. Yes, we call ourselves veteran because we have been in this game since its beginning. Meaning, we are here during its time when only few people knew this game even existed. We are here when the devs needs our support in order for this game to continue and eventually made available for you. I dont wanna sound so boastful. Im not even saying that we are better than everyone else, or we are better than you because that is not true. But with our experience in this game, we can say that there are many features in this game which is not needed to be removed, nerfed, sacrificed, or the least forgotten. Hope you know what i mean. Just saying.
DF Epic  Post #: 118
8/19/2013 4:29:56   
Buffy A. Summers

Don't Forget... The Removal Of NPCs As An Option For Battles That Count (Limited Amount), Did NOT Improve The Game, It Hurt It.

Despite Some People's Claim Otherwise, Not Being Able To Do A Few NPCs (For Easy Wins, Leaderboard Runs, Win/Loss Record Padding, And Helping Your Faction)... Is Missed.

It Has Not Improved On The Game, As It Limits Options A Player Has And Forces Players To Partake In Random And Luck Based Battles That May Or May Not Yield Influence Or A Victory.

Especially With Omega Balance Issues And A Broken 2vs2 Match Up System, That Rarely, If Ever, Is Addressed Properly.

Being Forced To "Test" Their New Revamped War/Faction System With No Other In Game Options Seems A Bit Heavy Handed.

I See Many New Players With Battle Records Of 30%-50% Win Rates. It Must Be Frustrating And A Bit Confusing For Newer Players To Succeed And Feel Confident Early On.

That Limits The Exciting Feeling Of A New Game And May Prevent New Players From Coming Back To Play Again.

If Varium Purchases Are Down And Players Logging In Are Down, Including Many Older Players Completely Leaving... This Is Proof Of That Being Fact.

If We Wanted An Extremely Complicated "Risk Like" Battle Strategy Game, Most Of Us Would Probably Look Elsewhere.

The Direction Of The Game, Is Moving Away From the "Fun" Feel It Used To Have In Earlier Stages.

This New System Is Far Too Complicated For Young Players, New Players And Old Players Who Fell In Love With The Basics Of Epicduel In Beta And Gamma Phases.

It's A Huge Problem, And I Fear That We May See Some Extremely Low Server Totals Coming Very, Very Soon Because Of It.

~ Buffy

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 8/19/2013 4:49:50 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 119
8/19/2013 4:36:06   
Jekyll

Buffy, nice to see you post again.

I fully agree with you that NPCs should be like what they were in Delta. Surely there is no harm if players could fight NPCs that count to your wins even if it is limited to 10 times per hour. EpicDuel has taken a step back after restricting players to the luck-based and aggressive nature of PvP battles. Sometimes all we want is just a few NPC battles to let off some steam, before returning to PvP.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 120
8/19/2013 4:38:55   
kaiseryeux21

@buffy, completely agree with your first statement. The dev's removed the win/loss for battling NPCs. I know the purpose is to make players focus on PVP but the question is, do we get something new from doing PVPs aside from credits and influence (and experience for cap players?? )They even removed the PVP drops,which in one way or another attract players do duel. That is what im saying about features of the game that is not necessarily be removed.. Those 1000 credits value for every broken weapon makes me smile and feel rewarded. And the feeling i get every time i get a drop is priceless. How i wish i could feel that again.
DF Epic  Post #: 121
8/19/2013 4:44:31   
Archlord Raistlin

@AQ Well, you are right about negativity, and whether you care about me or my opinion doesn't matter much.

The truth is, that many veteran players, who have financially supported this game have left and continue to
leave. The question is, can you as an independent player keep this game going? No, you can't. And more
to the point, what are you going to do about it? Has suggesting other players like me leave forever gotten
us anywhere? So you know what? We all need the game to improve and run successfully for you to continue
to enjoy this game...or else we are all going to leave permanently.

Believe it or not, I would love to invest in this game again, but as it stands now I can't justify it...and that's
exactly the opinion the dev's should pay attention to.

< Message edited by Archlord Raistlin -- 8/19/2013 4:47:14 >
Post #: 122
8/19/2013 4:47:35   
Jekyll

Why were battle drops removed? Will giving out occasionally 'prizes' worth 1,000 Credits each topple the financial structure of the game? Those drops had the potential to be the saving grace of EpicDuel, but with their removal, along with NPCs made useless, I could possibly explain why ED server numbers at the time of my post have dropped from at least 700 in Delta, to around 398 in Omega.

< Message edited by Jekyll -- 8/19/2013 4:50:57 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 123
8/19/2013 4:59:03   
Buffy A. Summers

quote:

Buffy, nice to see you post again.

I fully agree with you that NPCs should be like what they were in Delta. Surely there is no harm if players could fight NPCs that count to your wins even if it is limited to 10 times per hour. EpicDuel has taken a step back after restricting players to the luck-based and aggressive nature of PvP battles. Sometimes all we want is just a few NPC battles to let off some steam, before returning to PvP.

Nice To Be Back, Thank You!

~ Buffy

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 8/19/2013 5:29:14 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 124
8/19/2013 8:47:06   
AQisFuN
Banned

@kaisery We were all noobs once. I respect veteran players. I do like what was in this game back in Delta than what it is right now. I respect you guys. But we should also respect the staff. Sometimes, there are reasons for everything.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Has Epic Duel Reached its Peak?
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition