Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= November 07, 2013 - Shameless Self Indulgence

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 07, 2013 - Shameless Self Indulgence
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/8/2013 6:48:14   
romanu

free clas change? with major balance changes like now, everyone could just jump to the new op build/class. I don't want to fight myself in the mirror all the time.
Post #: 51
11/8/2013 7:35:55   
FrostWolv

If this will make game more diverse with less luck and ofc BALANCE, then I might play this game again after the long break

Epic  Post #: 52
11/8/2013 7:57:01   
Pemberton

Why da heck would they give you free class change? So you can switch to another OP class? smh...you can tell who are the class jumpers lol
Post #: 53
11/8/2013 7:59:08   
Ranloth
Banned

I'm also against the idea of free class change. People would just try the change first, flip because they cannot find a build themselves, wait for someone to get a strong combo of skills (after the change) and change to that class, thus creating new "overpowered" class - which would be in fact overused, not overpowered.
AQ Epic  Post #: 54
11/8/2013 9:09:24   
Seteriel

^ they could make an item that opens the class change menu - the item itself would be sellable for 0 credits. Also, the item could be working only for 48 hours after the update goes live, once the 48hr are through, the item can only be selled (or kept) but not used for class change. That's enough time to look at the skills and think about changing or not, while at the same time not be enough for new OP classes to rise (just think about the "cores cost energy to use" was still a big problem for playerstill tuesday/wednesday, so 4-5 days).

I honestly hoped the passives to actives would not happen. Passive rebalance yes, but not change. Just consider: if you now want to build-in new classes you have to think of up to 12 completely new and completely active skills.
And new classes would be nice :) But b2t.

I could only repeat worries, that his update will be
- killing good builds
- overpowering energy drain/steal skills
- creating new imba classes
- creating new balance problems for skills (str, supp, str-supp spammers can simply go with their debuffs and crash with their aux/double strike/whatever - strategists will be dead before they can strategize)
- creating new balance problems for classes (in general)
=> we will have even more quick battles, as many passives won't be activated. Quick battles don't allow for strategy. Low-lvl players will even more leave from battles.

This is of course a very scared look - however, i'm around for long enough to know that some of these dark prophecies will occur.

Positive feelings about the update
- some OP builds may disapper
- with a solid update to str/supp or some skills very large problems of the game could disappear
- luck might get reduced
- strategy might return to the game
=> seeing that form the negatives list the "creating new" points are basically just 1 point, and both are "what if" lists, the positives actaully outweigh the scariness
AQW Epic  Post #: 55
11/8/2013 9:11:38   
ReinVI

@ pemberton That comment was pretty uncalled for... I feel that with a massive change like this ( not just a change to specific skills but entire revamps and new skills added into the game ) that just a retrain might not be enough. I'm sorry but if this update goes how I personally think it's going to go then playing a bm is going to get a hell of a lot harder. With that knowledge plus the knowledge the same thing could happen for 'any' other class that it becomes pretty much unplayable due to not standing a chance for X reason I for one will play this game a heck of a lot less than I do nowadays and I'm sure anybody who doesn't want to lose-farm credits for 30k creds would agree that it's not worth the torment of going through such a process most of those players would probably just flat out quit and say a few choice words on the subject as well.

On the topic of "hur dur dey gon switch to OP build nooo" think of it this way... those players are going to do that anyway and odds are those class switchers due to having been abusing the latest 'flavor of the month' are already going to have 50k prepared for this sort of transition so your point is invalid, unnecessary, and in general a pointless thing to say

< Message edited by ReinVI -- 11/8/2013 9:15:24 >
Epic  Post #: 56
11/8/2013 10:54:46   
beaststyles

I posted like a week ago on the topic of passives to actives, predicting that its going to be like this and it will wreck the game.

I feel that unfortunately its coming true.

I hope the devs gave a thought to how severely this is going to affect tactical builds and further buff mindless support/str abbusive builds, since these rely on passives alot less.

And how can you have a game without passives :S

I don't see how this would add balance to the game. In my opinion the passives were balanced as the were tbh.

ARGHH idk what to say so hit by this news lol.
Post #: 57
11/8/2013 11:23:48   
Mother1

@ beaststyles

The people who originally made this suggestion (making passives actives) made it because they felt passives limited creativity due to just about every build having to have them to work. Without them they felt there would be more possiblities for builds which in fact is true.

However what they didn't account for is that as I said so many times Wins > creativity and diversity. Most people would sooner use overused builds that can give people results rather than make thier own builds with the possibility of losing to said popular builds.

So in all honestly this change will do one of the following.

1 bring out new builds that will be eventually copied and the same thing will happen once again only difference will be their will be mess builds that will work against them.

2 People will just jump to old builds that still work without passives and use those to own the masses.
Epic  Post #: 58
11/8/2013 11:35:21   
Ranloth
Banned

It wasn't the people only, but the Staff. The idea of passives -> actives has been debated since Gamma, but couldn't be done back then due to limited resources and possibly engine limitations at the time.

The change isn't for diversity, but for balance. The balance side of it still stands, and it's passives being a must in each build which means you're dumping 10-20 skill points into two skills - just to be able to compete. Drawbacks? Hardly any.

Same with cores. People predicted the change will doom EpicDuel because players won't like it. Many do due to the balance side of it. Did they like the idea beforehand? Some, yes, but they didn't know the costs of cores.

Just give it some time. Once they release, test the change yourself thoroughly. If you expect max BloodLust (after the change) to retain it's 20%'ish then you'll be wrong. It may take a turn to activate and give you 60% damage back as HP (example) for few turns. They will be buffed, and two new skills will be introduced in place of Deadly Aim, for TMs and BMs alike.

@beaststyles
There's a reason why it wasn't released back in... June or July. One was the War, two was lack of testing, three was the fact it's a big change. Players always complain about poor testing which is often rushed, and this time, the change took... 6 months to test (+ ongoing releases, obviously).
AQ Epic  Post #: 59
11/8/2013 11:51:25   
T E R M I N A T O R.
Banned

I am worried about the passives to actives update because it is such a big change, who knows what EpicDuel will be like when this update happens.
I also thought we would be able to sell Omega Gear and Exile and Legion Battlegear today but I guess not.

< Message edited by T E R M I N A T O R. -- 11/8/2013 11:54:01 >
Epic  Post #: 60
11/8/2013 11:55:08   
Ranloth
Banned

Information on new actives:
quote:

Titan @Titan_EpicDuel
Introducing Energy Parasite:
Steal a % of target's current energy for 3 turns. Caster gains 1.5x amount stolen. pic.twitter.com/uISBWynuIp

quote:

Titan @Titan_EpicDuel
Introducing Shadow Arts: Fade into the shadows protecting the target from a % of damage for 3 turns. pic.twitter.com/AleJkZ81DR

quote:

Titan @Titan_EpicDuel
Introducing Mark of Blood: Mark a target, grants lifesteal to players that attack the market target. pic.twitter.com/9zaiTa9Pky

quote:

Titan @Titan_EpicDuel
Introducing Adrenaline Rush: Instantly grants the target a percentage of their maximum Rage pic.twitter.com/MKSUPqZcEL

quote:

Titan @Titan_EpicDuel
Introducing Mineral, Plasma, and Hybrid Armors: Increases the target's Def/Res by a % for 4 turns.
(varies by skill) pic.twitter.com/xK7HrQVRVr

quote:

Titan @Titan_EpicDuel
Introducing Battery Backup: Immediately recharges the target's Energy pool. pic.twitter.com/GNYVrirhOt

quote:

Titan @Titan_EpicDuel
Introducing Fire Scythe: Launches a wave of fire dealing physical damage. Ignores a % of the target's Defense pic.twitter.com/7rrzOA2kik

Will edit with more information.

< Message edited by Trans -- 11/8/2013 12:27:34 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 61
11/8/2013 12:08:57   
T E R M I N A T O R.
Banned

@Trans
Do you know anything about why we can't sell Omega Gear and Exile/Legion Battlegear I think they did say we could sell them in next weeks update.

< Message edited by T E R M I N A T O R. -- 11/8/2013 12:09:10 >
Epic  Post #: 62
11/8/2013 12:12:52   
Ranloth
Banned

Yes, after the update which happens later today. Usually they become sellable after it goes rare, so we can assume they will be sellable today.
AQ Epic  Post #: 63
11/8/2013 12:21:57   
T E R M I N A T O R.
Banned

@Trans
Thanks that's great, I can't wait to sell them I have like 3 Omega tickets (Lots of Omega Gear) that I've been waiting to sell for a long time.
Epic  Post #: 64
11/8/2013 12:24:36   
8x

I guess now might be the time to go back to my original class (Merc) because tanking as a TLM will probably be too difficult. Merc at least has more useful offensive skills.
Epic  Post #: 65
11/8/2013 12:29:18   
Thylek Shran

I can smell another rise of strenght builds. To compensate the needed turn to activate Mark of Blood it sure
will be more powerfull than Bloodlust was in its percentual HP regen. On the other side not many players would
spend a turn if the effect would be lower than before. Instead of investing points into energy the most people will
invest into more offensive power where strenght and support should be more efficient than skills that require
alot energy. Energy points can be drained anyway which makes it risky to invest into them.
This release will also make energy draining skills like EMP way more powerfull if they dont get nerfed with the
release.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 11/8/2013 12:42:39 >

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 66
11/8/2013 12:46:06   
Seteriel

quote:

Introducing Shadow Arts: Fade into the shadows protecting the target from a % of damage for 3 turns.

quote:

Introducing Mineral, Plasma, and Hybrid Armors: Increases the target's Def/Res by a % for 4 turns.

Whats the difference between shadow arts and hybrid armor now ? (apart from the obvious duration)
AQW Epic  Post #: 67
11/8/2013 12:50:35   
Ranloth
Banned

SA reduces incoming damage by a %, whilst the Armors raise your Def/Res by a set %. Put it this way, SA is more effective with low defences whilst Armors are better for those with high defences.
AQ Epic  Post #: 68
11/8/2013 12:53:48   
Seteriel

*doh* reading is a hard task
Thank you for clarifying.
AQW Epic  Post #: 69
11/8/2013 13:10:08   
beaststyles

Fingers crossed I guess :S

Some of the skills do look interesting though:P

Good Luck guys :D

< Message edited by beaststyles -- 11/8/2013 13:16:36 >
Post #: 70
11/8/2013 13:23:02   
Noobatron x3000

I predict by next Friday 3 things will have happened

1) Every class but TM and BH will be to all intents and purposes dead.
2) you will face 3 different builds (IF that many) no matter how long you stay logged in.
3) At peak times epic server will have 500 (max) players on.
Post #: 71
11/8/2013 13:25:49   
Ranloth
Banned

New BloodLust actually affects everyone - as long as you attack the marked target. Cost is one turn and who knows whether you attack for 3 damage - to apply it - or deal full even. Reroute doesn't seem too bad, it's like an Energy booster, and SA + Armors are actually useful.

So yeah, new BL is good in 2v2 in particular. And new Reroute should work on your ally too.
AQ Epic  Post #: 72
11/8/2013 13:52:25   
Atlar

Wow, sick update!
Pretty bold step! I really hope it pays off for you.
And for me it means many more hours of joyful build tinkering with what is essentially 6 new classes, thank you :)
Post #: 73
11/8/2013 14:09:25   
Scyze

The update's content looks really good. This might make the game more fun! However, I still feel like the scaling of de-buffs are quite high. This change will just make the game more strategic and will help your brains in real-life.

You cannot predict certain Classes to be just bad because the Classes are getting altered. This update today might make your Class better.

< Message edited by Scyze -- 11/8/2013 14:10:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
11/8/2013 14:16:01   
DeamJean

Titan just post a photo that allows you to see the new tech mage skill tree the one with the nightwraiths duds armor
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 07, 2013 - Shameless Self Indulgence
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition