Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= November 07, 2013 - Shameless Self Indulgence

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 07, 2013 - Shameless Self Indulgence
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/8/2013 14:22:09   
FrostWolv

So Fire Scythe is a replacement to deadly aim adn its a physical attack .......... so no more malf-->DA---> aux gg for TM
Epic  Post #: 76
11/8/2013 14:23:18   
Rayman
Banned

TM Skill tree seems fun to use and looks like fire scythe requieres staff only......

AQW Epic  Post #: 77
11/8/2013 14:23:43   
Ranloth
Banned

Whilst BMs get the skill which drains % of opponent's current Energy for 3 turns and returns 1.5x of it to you. It's probably like weaker Assimilation but no damage (or 3 damage) + dependant on opponent's current Energy (less effective as it goes down).
AQ Epic  Post #: 78
11/8/2013 14:32:32   
axell5

that is some nice change in both mages..... while nothing new in cyber....
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 79
11/8/2013 14:38:26   
FrostWolv

well SA change and PA change is good too
Finally as a CH I might get rid of PA ...

PA :-
can be used for 4 turns
PA value increases with increase stats in tech
PA being defensive skill will increase opponent rage build up

SA :-
can be used for 3 turns
SA value doesnt depends upon any stats
SA being non-defensive skill will not increase opponent rage build up
Epic  Post #: 80
11/8/2013 14:41:41   
axell5

well i also will get rid of both skills
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 81
11/8/2013 14:50:30   
Ranloth
Banned

Armors will be good for tanks, definitely. SA is only good for moderate to low defences + what FrostWolv has said. Both are useful, but only one will end up being necessary for any build. Also, SA is better if you look at defending from both attack types. It's all debatable.
AQ Epic  Post #: 82
11/8/2013 15:27:10   
Noobatron x3000

I think the merc classes are in severe trouble with no real debuffs (not counting intimidate ) with all the options other then strength moves its pretty redundant now . Now they also have to waste a turn to use the only thing they ever had going for them the tank factor . Bms are also in trouble using the bl + bludgeon + DA combo was the only way to really make them contend with the other classes whether that be through a focus or the more successful strength build, without it Bm should be interesting to see where its left. I think the only classes to survive this update with any decency will be BH and TM. The ch may survive in a sense but be incredibly weak everyone else will be a joke.

People will disagree with my statement no doubt always do till after the update . Then ill have to refrain from I told you so.
Post #: 83
11/8/2013 15:38:49   
Shajun Ki

updating already wow
Post #: 84
11/8/2013 15:40:06   
Noobatron x3000

^mercs will be dead wasting a turn to tank then another to smash anyone who wants to waste turns or try to use the tank class anti tank gl to them !

Be ready for the log in

Their will be mass anger for days from those who don't leave.

Wish I could assume this update will be balanced not messed up.

I have past history to convince me otherwise though.

< Message edited by Noobatron x3000 -- 11/8/2013 15:42:46 >
Post #: 85
11/8/2013 15:41:33   
Sauerkraut

I think we'll see more mages again soon
Epic  Post #: 86
11/8/2013 15:45:30   
Teufel Hunden

Updating! :) im actually kinda excited to see what the update will ultimately have in store in-game. Will bring back more skill based playing aside from one build without diversity in the classes as well as to see how the new skills will work and stuff of that matter. I wish you all luck in your future Endeavors :)

~Da Bomb Expert
AQW Epic  Post #: 87
11/8/2013 15:47:36   
Shajun Ki

^A tleast someones not being over dramatic and gloomy...it's just a game people!
Post #: 88
11/8/2013 15:52:50   
SCAR

I think that watching everyone's disappointment felt discouraging, felt like the new update was going to be one of the worst things that ever hit this game, and possibly ruin it, but now that the "Design Notes" have updated, showing a more accurate prospective of what it actually is, well now looking a it, it looks pretty rad.
Post #: 89
11/8/2013 15:55:38   
Noobatron x3000

^ Your playing a BH or TM right ?
Post #: 90
11/8/2013 15:55:42   
Mother1

@ Scar

looks can be deceiving. It isn't how it looks in the design notes it is how it handles in the actual game. The design notes could look as pretty as diamond, but if the actual results handle poorly then it was all for naught.

Not saying that it will be bad though.
Epic  Post #: 91
11/8/2013 17:53:39   
charwelly

At first I thought this update would be awesome but nooooo replacing skills you actually have to use instead of passive skills is horrible, It has ruined my builds I can hardly do anything and to top that off the mineral armour or whatever it's called costs 31 energy so now my defnse is horrible.
AQW Epic  Post #: 92
11/8/2013 18:00:30   
Mother1

This update actually has little to no affect on my build. I thought it would be the worst but now I am glad to say I was wrong.
Epic  Post #: 93
11/8/2013 21:53:42   
Pemberton

The game is balanced now.
Post #: 94
11/9/2013 3:13:01   
King FrostLich

Now where are those permanent stat boosting cores Elon Musk said?
Epic  Post #: 95
11/9/2013 4:38:36   
Thylek Shran

NPCs still have Reroute and Blood Lust which makes it so unfair to fight them.

quote:

This update actually has little to no affect on my build. I thought it would be the worst but now I am glad to say I was wrong.

For my TM it has a huge effect. Wasting turns for Battery energy regen and my dmg output is much lower than before because of DA remove = heavy nerf.
Sadly Fire Scythe is a crap skill.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 11/9/2013 4:41:23 >

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 96
11/9/2013 5:13:04   
axell5

Battery regen may take a whole turn with no attacks but it can return upto 46 energy which is ALOT IMO and it doesn't rely on oponent energy like static smash or assim or energy parasite on BMs. And also 46 energy is alot in ONLY 1 turn and it's stronger than static smash in terms of receiving energy+ it's a constant and not x% chance to be blocked or receive lower energy(the bug is another story that it returns 1 or 2 points less or more)
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 97
11/9/2013 5:18:03   
Thylek Shran

Well its seem to be perfect for tank builds. Other TM builds may fail now.
DF Epic  Post #: 98
11/9/2013 5:19:52   
charwelly

I've now made a semi affect build its only against tech mages I can't win which is literally like every battle but Oh well, but these new skills instead of passive are still seriously annoying me, wasting a turn for energy and then if I need to mineral armour which is also a waste of a turn.

Also have any of you guys seen or used shadow arts it looks absolutely ridiculous lol.

But then also I want to ask a question, What was wrong about the passive skills before they seemed fine to me.
AQW Epic  Post #: 99
11/9/2013 5:20:59   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Currently, passives grant HUGE benefits with little sacrifice, especially for level cap players. Active skills require more sacrifice in terms of energy cost and turn cost. To compensate for these sacrifices, the effects of the skills will be modified. This change will affect all classes so we're really interested to see what new strategies emerge from this change.

It's in the DNs + was discussed many times before. The idea on its own has been around since Gamma.
AQ Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 07, 2013 - Shameless Self Indulgence
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition