Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 25 of 30«<2324252627>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/8/2014 17:59:33   
Axel459
The Void Calls

@Gorillo North, East, South, and West maps were added December 14th almost exactly 3 months after the first day of Alpha (September 13th)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 601
3/8/2014 18:00:58   
Gorillo Titan

But remember I stopped playing end of november till about may of 2012 since I had no internet.

Thanks for confirming so it might take a lot longer to add in maps also we don't really need maps at the moment since new maps would most likely been needed when we have a lot more character to find like volcanoes and etc.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 3/8/2014 18:02:38 >
Post #: 602
3/9/2014 1:50:29   
Igneous

What if.... ( I always wanted to see others out in world map.. how about you?)

we could play Capture The Flag, on the world maps.
3 way - Neutrals vs Evils vs Good
Be either white-good, green-neutral, and black-evil, icons on the world maps
use grids to track, implement, and count out turn movements.
15 seconds to move 5 spaces at a time - live interactional
Choose your moves or lack of moves to try to intercept or avoid an encounter
every 15 seconds you see what happens - encounter or miss

-either we all see each other's levels as numbers on your "color coded dot"
or we don't - but we have to see to be able to intercept each other.

Good has 2 flags in North 6 spots to hide and move flags in
Evil has 2 Flags in South Map 6 spots to hide and move flags in
Neutral has 2 flags somewhere in East and/or West Maps 4 spots per side to hide and move flags around in.

to join in active game - pick one of the newly created
light/neutral/shadow queues

when a duel is over loser regenerates in Center World Map @ one of 4 seperate set but randomly picked locations*
(*4 grid square) regeneration safe spots where you can not be challenged to a duel
the winner gets a 2 move 30 second head start from point of encounter
loser can see people coming and going for 30 seconds before moving again
you program your moves by clicking one time for each "move" in five connected grid locations.
you can stand still by clicking the space you stand on 5 times - or by letting 15 seconds pass.
everyone's steps happen one by one as programed till an encounter happens by encountering another player on the same grid

What if 3 players land same spot all same time ? -- the two matched go into fast Dueling mode -15 second turns instead of 30 second -
and the third escapes encounter - could be a strategy usable in game goals
color coded flags - we try to capture -
you have to land on opponents home base to see if the Flag is actually there..
and some one can be invisible with the flag to defend - you can also be invisible in home without flag
if someone captures a flag he must return it safely to his home base/team flag.

two people can not occupy same grid space with out encounter
- except in the 4 grid square central safe re-generation centers where you are all invisible hehe-

you can only carry one flag at a time. you can recapture your flag from the enemy just the same.
anyone carrying a flag will glow with the color of the flag in possession
if two people with flags fight
- the winner chooses which flag to run with,
the others flag is left on the spot of the battle and is visible to all first come first served -
- and loser re-spawns as described in center map
any one can intercept flag carrier ( not from same team lol ) in effort to take a flag
you could run interference on challengers trying to intercept your teams flag carriers
You could pass the flag between teammates
if both wanted - while running a formation with a group

Defender goes first - if both carry flags ( Flag Carrier always goes 1st )
Duel Winner takes flag and tries to place flag at home base
First team to capture and drop all the flags in their home bases, wins
people could come and go re-enforcing their team

You could limit number of Flag Carriers eligible to and icon takes on the appearance of a + sign instead of circle/dot that can pass between team mates
a carrier of a flag could be recognized by star shape of icon and color coded glow of particular flag - distinguished from other dots on field
Again.. remember every 15 seconds you see what happened

you can change into same team characters anytime no penalty when not dueling
but you might want to use a "Safe Spot" to shop
mwa haha people might use a safe spot to intercept travelers

could even switch sides in the middle by changing char -cost= 4 move penalty
never while carrying a flag - and only in a safe central neutral area -
( so you can't be a traitor in a home base )
Game of Capture the Flag could potentially last for days

and even a low level can intercept and slow a high level player with a flag.
you're going to regenerate after dying...

hmmm = to prevent bottlenecking forces you might have to limit total players involved to a percentage of the grid tiles of the center map.
20 x 12 is the current grid = 240 total spaces per map

- maybe teams as small as 4 each - total of 12 to start a game?
people can jump in anytime after that - but only equally *plus 2 - limited up to 33 each per side ( total of 99 ) would not require a new map -
*example 4 vs 4 vs 4 to start - only 2 more than low team can jump in on one team tilting the balance.
you could fall farther behind if team mates leave but at least the other team can't just spam the numbers on their team over you.
After all you can join any team with less numbers- so it's not like you can't join any time at all-
and you can change alliance as stated should the opening come up.

you could style a two team version stratego map for elimination version....no regeneration
you still capture the flags in Stratego......
but that requires a bigger ready player pool to start a game

the massive concept requires increasing the number of mapped grid squares as we know it. from 240 to 960 at least 30x32
The icons would need to be much smaller than the current model -
at that point you have a different map that imitates original-visually skinned only and can separate this game from world maps
then clone and rename the 4 corners NESW maps and lay them out like originals
exponentially increasing potential for massive armies - probably too much to want.... - any way there ya go

This Game Rocks - Devs and Coders to your stations - time to light this game up whatever you decide to do
Howdy and Hail to all Over-Soulians -

IGN Signeous

< Message edited by Igneous -- 3/9/2014 7:02:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 603
3/9/2014 19:27:25   
Gorillo Titan

How about next doing a seasonal character contest for holidays everyone would have to do a contest revolving around that holiday it seems like it would be a fun idea to me.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 3/9/2014 20:06:07 >
Post #: 604
3/9/2014 19:44:46   
DidYouKnowThat

Eh. I wouldn't like to see Character contests be set seasonal or whatnot. I like how it is right now. If anything, making them seasonal would be more boring.
As much as I like the community being able to contribute to in-game features such as characters, I don't think that it should be over-done. .know what I mean?
I'd only like to see that when or even IF Oversoul gets a bigger player-base and has already progressed a lot.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 3/9/2014 19:45:18 >
Post #: 605
3/9/2014 19:54:17   
Gorillo Titan

Dude I guess you didn't understand what I was saying I will restate it. We would still have idea for contest but it will have limits like this one was for only water next time one for seasonal would be cool I didn't mean for every contest to only be seasonal from now on.
Post #: 606
3/9/2014 19:57:32   
DidYouKnowThat

You mean suggesting SEASONAL characters.
Alright that'd be nice, but it's not the matter of restating it, it's the matter of clarifying it and making sure your first post stated what was meant clearly in the first place.
Post #: 607
3/9/2014 20:06:29   
Gorillo Titan

Sorry, my mistake.
Post #: 608
3/11/2014 0:22:37   
DidYouKnowThat

How would ya'll feel of like. . .different divisions of battling, and tiers of characters. . .

You know, like base-deck only battles, and characters could be ruled into tiers, etc. . . .

And then there could be CC battles and so on . ..

All organized on forums? lololol. Since barely any real updates in-game.
Post #: 609
3/11/2014 0:25:18   
Gorillo Titan

Someone came up with a tier list queen was on top with one other character and nomad and all those other reskins were at the bottom. You could suggest the battle thing in the party form to get people to join it.
Post #: 610
3/11/2014 12:49:28   
Phlynch

a way to sell captured characters would be appreciated, most of a players gold comes from selling loot, and the only loot on oversoul is characters

maybe have apprentice rank sell for 50 and go up from there

also, the over world encounters are set on a grid, so a way to know exactly what coordinates your on wouldn't hurt

edit: I don't like the idea of seasonal contests because its too narrow a category, water can be metaphorical, literal or epical, but a Christmas character is a Christmas character.

< Message edited by Phlynch -- 3/11/2014 12:57:45 >
Post #: 611
3/11/2014 12:59:26   
Gorillo Titan

They have a grid map of oversoul on the wikidot if you want to look at that but one in game would also help makes it easier to work on the wiki.

50 gold isn't much since the lowest characters cost 10k.
Post #: 612
3/11/2014 13:13:36   
Phlynch

but you get the captured ones for free,and are more common than the ones in the shop

and yes, the wiki has a grid, but its hard to tell what part of the "exploration ghost" is the part that determines where you ate on the grid, so on screen cords would be nice, or at least a label for the Terran type your on.
Post #: 613
3/11/2014 13:20:11   
Gorillo Titan

I mean they have have a map that actually has it labeled with squares and the name of the grid spot for all the maps.

I guess the selling thing makes sense I would rather just farm since it pays a lot more gold than just 50.

We do need a way to get rid of character but selling them doesn't seem like the best way to get gold based on rank based on rarity seems like a better idea like moose and DFR and bosses should sell more.
Post #: 614
3/11/2014 13:26:02   
Phlynch

and I meant its hard to tell if the edge of the ring counts for ware your standing, or just the ghost, box in the corner with the current coordinates, or a label for the area type, or both would hep a lot

edit: and the price can be any thing, just put a system in to trade unused characters for gold.

< Message edited by Phlynch -- 3/11/2014 13:28:45 >
Post #: 615
3/11/2014 13:51:25   
Gorillo Titan

Well you could ask them on the fore for the wiki if they can fix that. Character selling will most likely come in time when the team gets time I have 4 vampire lords I wish I could get rid of.
Post #: 616
3/11/2014 18:38:50   
DidYouKnowThat

@Phlynch: Thumbs up, selling characters for gold would be a great addition for people without Boosts. . .Lol. . . .

Post #: 617
3/12/2014 10:10:32   
Phlynch

not just people without boosts, any one who has too many characters, or caught one thinking it could evolve into something cool, only to find it was a single form tree

this is a basic feature for games that is absent in oversoul
Post #: 618
3/12/2014 10:27:54   
Gorillo Titan

@pylnch I get you people been asking for that for a while actually.

How about an artifact that lets you hold 6 cards instead of 5?
Post #: 619
3/12/2014 12:51:40   
Blackshock

That would probably have to do a major reworking to the UI I think.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 620
3/12/2014 15:07:18   
Phlynch

any artifact at all would be nice, like one that passively draws 1 card per turn or one that lets you use any card as if it was a 100 attack
Post #: 621
3/12/2014 21:26:48   
DidYouKnowThat

I'd like to see Water Grotto map expanded. . . . .

P.S: Was PvE'ing in Water Grotto, and WHY did I run into a FIRE bat? LOL.
Post #: 622
3/13/2014 10:06:04   
Gorillo Titan

How about an Oversoul membership that gives a set amount of "free" sgs a month?
Post #: 623
3/13/2014 10:15:47   
Megadragonknight

No, I won't support the idea of membership, seeing this word "membership" remind me of AQW "membership". If its about giving free SG, I would prefer Ballyhoo that have a chance of giving free SG daily.

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 3/13/2014 10:16:01 >
Post #: 624
3/13/2014 10:23:59   
Gorillo Titan

AQW has been successful from that style of membership why wouldn't OS?
Post #: 625
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 25 of 30«<2324252627>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition