Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 26 of 30«<2425262728>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/13/2014 11:04:15   
Mondez

@Gorilla
Issue is that AQW is more known than OS and even if we could have that option, the stage that OS is in right now wouldn't work. Also it has been noted by Nulgath himself that there will not be a membership system in OS.

Now with that said there will be pros and cons to having membership at this stage:

Pros:
1. Implementation of having free monthly SGs
2. Access to certain areas meaning member areas.
3. Access to certain features.
4. A stable income that would guarantee OS a coder if it's successful due to Warlic and Rolith stuck on other duties.

Cons:
1. Rare characters which is strictly against Nulgath's policy.
2. Restricted areas limiting the amount of content to players.
3. Possibly making the game P2W if the rare characters are regularly stronger than the F2P characters, but with the influx of balanced characters so far I don't see a problem.
4. The community might not take it well with the sudden changes or an announcement regarding to that.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 3/13/2014 11:19:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 626
3/13/2014 11:23:53   
Megadragonknight

Mondez have a point which is why I won't support Membership and it remind me that Nulgath did stated himself that there will be no membership. There should another way to attract many players in OS but it must first depend on the number of staff members in OS.
Post #: 627
3/13/2014 11:27:08   
Trollok!!!

Not to mention AQW's success with membership is a very poor reason to propose such a drastic change as they are two completely different games.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 628
3/13/2014 12:11:21   
Phlynch

wile paying monthly is annoying, the severs running the game aren't free.

if nulgath can run oversoul with the funds from soul gems, that would be awesome. but I would not be disappointed if he went with the one time upgrade model the earlier games used.
Post #: 629
3/13/2014 12:13:52   
Gorillo Titan

I guess your all right how about something else that just gives free sgs or at lower price to people if they get a 3 month subscription since we already have stuff like upholder and etc which give people a rare character for spending real money?
Post #: 630
3/13/2014 12:32:25   
Blackshock

I honestly think a monthly subscription would be rather inefficient seeing how little content's being added to the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 631
3/13/2014 12:56:36   
Jmagician

I couldn't even add to the cons of having a membership system as the majority of points have already been discussed. I'm just going to say that finding another way to improve income would be the best way to go about it. Blackshock raises an especially strong point about how little content we have. If we had a membership, content would have to come after profits are made and more coders join the team. We have SGs right now and I feel that they aren't really worth purchasing due to the content associated with it. I'm sure I would feel the same way with memberships. So on that note and the points already raised, it wouldn't be a good idea.
AQW  Post #: 632
3/13/2014 13:16:43   
Gorillo Titan

Well bonuses for buying sgs every 50 sgs you get 10 for free or something.
Post #: 633
3/13/2014 13:22:30   
Mondez

The best way to get some more income going for OS is through the example of BD and Void Reaper plus Pactogonal Knight. SG character packages are the best bet because usually they give incentive for consumers to buy them. If artifacts get officially implemented then adding package artifacts combined with the characters as much to my distaste increases the worth to buy them.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 634
3/13/2014 13:24:59   
Megadragonknight

That's why if we have any suggestion, we should post it to help improve OS and make it popular worldwide. With the current situation, Nulgath don't have time to focus on OS releases.

If its okay for me to say, I can suggest first thing is that Artix should send at least 1-2 coders and artists to OS, OS is part of AE game that will give profit to the company while we, the player, are the major priority to Artix. But we should be aware that Artix want his company to keep updated with the Mobile Game/Iphone/Android game thingy that's why they had to focus on this which is understandable.

Edit: But, SG is currently OS's major profit to ensure OS's financial went properly. So we should purchase SG package if we can afford it.

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 3/13/2014 13:27:37 >
Post #: 635
3/13/2014 16:50:38   
Skurge
The Dealer

quote:

Discuss the features (cards, mechanics etc.) that you'd like to see implemented in the game here!

Please understand that this topic is for discussing features which you would like to see in game. I had to delete several posts in regard with volunteers and OverSoul. You cannot "ask" to be a volunteer, most of you should know that by now. It is a position chosen by the developers; asking only lowers your chances, if any.

The "READ THE FIRST POST" isn't put into the subject for no reason. It's expected that you guys know what a thread is meant for and if you don't, it serves as a reminder.

As for the topic about volunteers and AE, I'll make a few points: You cannot be a "writer" without experience. When working for a distinguished gaming company like Artix Entertainment, you must know how writing and literature works. The same goes for coders. Coding is a very difficult field and without the proper knowledge, one can destroy a game rather than making it better. Cysero stated a few months ago that any official coder working for AE must have a proper University Degree as well as years of experience (luckily the position was filled soon after).

As you can see, having more volunteers isn't always a good thing. Interns and volunteers require constant supervision and can actually give more work for the staff.

~Skurge,
ArchKnight OverSoul General Discussion

< Message edited by Skurge -- 3/13/2014 16:51:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 636
3/13/2014 21:03:57   
DidYouKnowThat

Membership in Oversoul? That'd just drive even MORE players away dude.

Thing is, people don't play Oversoul because they just plain don't like the gameplay it has. :P
It ain't about the SG, it's about how they find the game itself BORING. And no, more SGs will not solve that problem.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 3/13/2014 21:04:09 >
Post #: 637
3/13/2014 23:59:24   
Megadragonknight

I had a plan! Know Cardfight Vanguard had Sub-Clan? Maybe OS can do the same thing but a more unique way. OS have many unique race/specie/theme characters, each should be consider as a sub-clan. Example, any Dragon-theme character will be classified as Dragon Clan, Rider such as Dragonfiend Rider, Frost Queen and Headless Horseman will be classified as Rider Clan, so on and so forth.
Post #: 638
3/14/2014 10:11:38   
Gorillo Titan

Does bug tracker actually get bugs fixed faster?
Post #: 639
3/14/2014 10:14:05   
Megadragonknight

Depend on the bug situation.
Post #: 640
3/15/2014 12:54:34   
Gorillo Titan

clicked the report bug thing under the oversoul game screen and it came up like I entered a FBI secret area

Access is Denied.
You either don't have the right to access or have attempted to access private area.

Please login with sufficient credential or click here to go back to forum's home page.

Will they remove the report bug button or have it go to the bug tracker?
Post #: 641
3/15/2014 13:10:25   
The Mango

What I want to see?
Hmm maybe for this game to not die.
AQW  Post #: 642
3/15/2014 17:00:29   
EliteWarlockz

I would like a button that speeds PvE matches like Pokemon. A fastfoward button if you will.
Post #: 643
3/15/2014 23:58:21   
Jmagician

When OS decides to kick it up a notch, I would like to see PvP in separate categories. Don't you just hate having to face Blood Voids in PvP random? If you're any type of veteran player, you would know that sad feeling. Well, with categories to choose from apprentice, veteran, master/legendary, you can more appropriately be matched up. Plus, not everyone likes to fight against ubers like Queen Aega. Sometimes it would be fun to play with Bat and not look forward to being outright massacred. Low tier characters need love too.
AQW  Post #: 644
3/16/2014 11:09:05   
Gorillo Titan

Most rank ups for characters that are already out and more ogres so far I am working on three of them for the next contest though hope I make it to the finals again.

10% exp boost for characters that are the same element as the CC out.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 3/17/2014 12:28:47 >
Post #: 645
3/17/2014 18:40:54   
DidYouKnowThat

How about more ORGANIZED tournaments? Take a look at Pokémon and see they've got Ubers, OU, UU, LC, etc.

Maybe there could be things like that in Oversoul . .. . (Apprentice v. Apprentice) (Veteran vs. Veteran) (Master vs. Master) (Legendary vs. Legendary)
And for the SUPER (OP?) strong ones, they can be grouped into another category. . . Pokémon has Ubers, so maybe Ultra. . .? LOL.

And we can have tournaments WITH CC, or without CC . . . .tbh I like fighting without CC's more.
Post #: 646
3/17/2014 19:12:13   
clintonian

Nulgath logging on to pvp
Post #: 647
3/17/2014 19:22:01   
DidYouKnowThat

Dag nabbit Clinton . . .moment I read your post I logged onto Oversoul . . .LOL.
Post #: 648
3/17/2014 22:39:09   
Gorillo Titan

How about doing two elemental contest one allows CC the other doesn't at the same time?

Account levels that go up by leveling up characters high the character you rank up the more exp goes to you level some areas could only be gotten to once a level is reached.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 3/19/2014 0:26:46 >
Post #: 649
4/1/2014 10:04:16   
Kiazz

Buffing water by reducing powerflow's cost to 12 and making fresh start a single card. Even with the new additions, that are surely the water's new flagships, it still isn't fully up to par with the other elements. Especially with the multiple powerflows that seem prevalent in most of the newer characters.
Post #: 650
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 26 of 30«<2425262728>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition