Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Design Notes February 20, 2014: Oversoul Water Element Character Contest!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes February 20, 2014: Oversoul Water Element Character Contest!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/21/2014 1:37:13   
  Grixus Faldor

quote:

Oversoul Water Element Character Contest!
Posted on February 20, 2014 by Nulgath

OS's 4th Character Suggestion Contest
This time we are looking for only Water based characters for submissions. If it's not water, it won't be considered... there will be TWO winners for two separate types of entries:
  • Character Art design!
  • Character Backstory!
You have until next Friday to submit your Art and/or Backstory suggestions. Here's how:
  • You can submit your entries on the Oversoul Forum!
  • You can also Tweet Nulgath on the Twitters with the hashtag #Oversoul (Don't forget, if you don't add the hashtag #Oversoul, chances are I won't be able to find it in the flood of twitter feeds.)
You can submit as much as you like. I'll looks through as many as I possibly can. Once we have chosen the art and backstories, you the player community, will vote for your favorite in each category. Voting will last 1 week. The Art and Story suggestions with the most votes will be designed, animated and put into Oversoul!

Once we have chosen the entries for you to vote on, we will set the ending date for the voting! Stay tuned!

Coming Soon!
  • Your favorite AQW Characters and Monster coming to OS!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/21/2014 2:06:18   
megakyle777

Wait, so there willbe two winners for each catagory? AWESOME! I stand double the chance!

Also, this seems to me like a good way to get more chars for elements lacking in them.
DF  Post #: 2
2/21/2014 2:15:10   
The Jop

No, I believe he's saying there will be two winners overall; one for art and one for story.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/21/2014 3:22:03   
Apple Core

Correct me if I'm wrong but two winners for two separate types of entries does seem like four winners total.
If this is the case, it seems like they're listening to player complaints about how water is lacking in characters.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/21/2014 3:24:43   
The Jop

When he says two winners for two separate contests it means grammatically that there will be two for both of the contests. If he said there would be two for each of the two separate contests, then it would be four. That's partly why he capitalized two, because there's two for the whole contest. He used the same sentence for the third contest, where only two were chosen.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 2/21/2014 3:26:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/21/2014 10:18:37   
Megadragonknight

This contest is really heating up. It will be very fun and exciting to see which Water Characters Suggestion are pick by Nulgath. I hope my Hydra Dragon will make it.
Post #: 6
2/21/2014 11:34:36   
Gorillo Titan

rewrote my character story its a lot longer than it was now can someone please give me feedback on it please

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=21611490

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 2/21/2014 11:35:23 >
Post #: 7
2/21/2014 13:38:50   
Silver Sky Magician

Oho...I think I'll put off buying Aqueous then...
Post #: 8
2/21/2014 16:43:10   
Skurge
The Dealer

Hmm. Water? .. Water.. Water.. Hot water? Boiling water! Steampunk!

I'll try and squeeze in some steamy character suggestions for this one. <,< >,>

< Message edited by Skurge -- 2/21/2014 16:59:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
2/21/2014 19:05:27   
Mondez

Last submission and voila' Reijingu the Silent

So happy with my art results and I think this drawing is the best one I have up to date since I experimented with clothing and poses for characters.

This contest is gonna be on a roll and I can't wait to see who comes up as the finalists for this Water contest because I see a lot of good opponents out there.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/21/2014 19:28:16   
The Finnish Phoenix

I like it Mondez! The art reminds me of Master Kyonshee from Yu-Gi-Oh and the story reminds me of the Kindred from AQ as a monk-like Water character.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
2/21/2014 20:01:30   
  Grixus Faldor

We have already removed one entry due to plagiarism, the offending user has also been banned. I would like to take this opportunity to remind all users that EVERY entry MUST be ORIGINAL. Remember, this is a chance for users to showcase their artistic and literary talents, you do not need to submit a drawing. I repeat: you do not need to submit a drawing. The contest is about your ability to produce an original piece of work literary and/or artistic.

If you plagiarise content, you will be caught, disqualified and banned. Please ensure that you follow the rules.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/21/2014 20:05:05   
Redingard

Probably gonna post Cyrano again. DeathGuard's updating his art, and I guess I'm editing his backstory some more. Still think he's worthy of being an OS character. Good thing a mage doesn't have to worry about what element he is.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
2/21/2014 20:17:12   
Mondez

Whoah I didn't plagiarize anything when it came to the art and story just to let you know. My concept is original and a lot of it came from my head.

Yeah this contest is to show off creativity and originality so good luck to everyone with their submissions.

@below
It was unsettling to see a message from an AK after Finnish's post of the comparison after mine so it startled me to see a warning message so soon.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 2/21/2014 20:22:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/21/2014 20:19:04   
Trollok!!!

No accusations were going around Mondez so don't worry :). I have faith that for the most part, our community will play fair in this contest :D
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
2/21/2014 20:22:17   
The Finnish Phoenix

Yeah no worries Mondez, James was talking about some other dude.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
2/21/2014 21:17:49   
  Kiyone

Woo Hoo! New Oversoul create a character contest. Been waiting for this for a long while. Got some nice ideas I can't wait to submit. just got to write them and do my basic sketch to help them out. Thank ya Nulgath for having another one of these and good luck to all who participate!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
2/21/2014 21:55:26   
Blackshock

I find this contest the ultimate source of motivation for me. Here's to me hoping I can bag this one this time :D Honestly loving the choice of elements, water sure is a refreshing break
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
2/21/2014 22:01:18   
The Jop

Good luck, but I do hope other people get a chance to get characters in-game. With the amount of players submitting ideas, no one needs more than one of their character suggestions in-game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
2/21/2014 22:10:14   
Trollok!!!

It's my first contest and I'm not too good with writing/art but I hope this gives me a chance to improve for the future :). Good luck to all though :D
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/21/2014 22:50:44   
Jmagician

I wouldn't sweat it Trollok. Out of the few I've read so far, your's, megakyle and TFP's are the best IMO. The super soaker xD
AQW  Post #: 21
2/21/2014 23:27:56   
Gorillo Titan

I hope I can at least make it to the final I have a pretty unque deck and a pretty cool character design. :D This contest should be 2 winners for parts instead of 1 for each so many good suggestions.

Someone should suggest a hurricane character lol

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 2/22/2014 0:04:10 >
Post #: 22
2/22/2014 1:13:33   
DidYouKnowThat

I submitted my Soul Wyvern character. . . anyone wanna judge? :D
Post #: 23
2/22/2014 2:33:02   
Megadragonknight

@Jmagician
I guess that means Megakyle, Troll and TFP have higher chance to be selected by Nulgath. My Hydra Dragon may not enter in the final. Still, there is hope for my Hydra Dragon to make it to the final but winning will be hard to tell. I guess I won't expect it to win.
Post #: 24
2/22/2014 2:55:29   
DidYouKnowThat

@MDK: Not really. o.o Nulgath may choose something else. . . . (I'm pretty much 100% positive Blackshock's going to win for art)

And you should submit 1+ characters if you think hydra ain't going to win. :o

It'd be interesting if people team up with each other to make a character. Or maybe more than 2 people.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 2/22/2014 2:56:02 >
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes February 20, 2014: Oversoul Water Element Character Contest!
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition