Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Shear Destruction

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Shear Destruction
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/27/2014 12:09:21   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

Shear Destruction

Location: The Shears -> Up -> Right -> 2 Up Right -> Into the building -> Left -> Up -> Sir Leon -> Quests -> Destruction
Level/Quest/Items required: Completion of Desolation Ruins
Release Date: September 26th, 2014

Objective: Fight your way back to the Oculus Tower and make it a symbol of resistance.
Objective completed: You have destroyed the tower and proved you can work with the resistance.

Scaled Yes/No: Yes

Monsters
(8) ManaHunter
(9) Manahuntress
(1) Magus Eutin - Boss

NPCs
Crest
Gordy
Mritha
Navon
Odgne
Sir Leon

Rewards
Runestone (All Versions)

Dialogue
Sir Leon: It's time to make our final move, <Character>.

• Quest!

*Back in The Shears, the Runestone sits on a table.*

Gordy: So... you went and found a stone. Yay. So, what's so special about it?
    Navon: This is meant to rally us together? A stone is meant to save us all? A paperweight?
    <Character>: I admit, it doesn't seem terribly impressive. It's very pretty, but I'm not sure how that helps us.
    Leon: This, my friends, is no elegant paperweight. It is a weapon.
    Leon: This stone, what it can- no, what it WILL do- will prove to the resistance in Sulen'eska that we can be a valuable asset to their movement.
    Leon: This will also show everyone in Greenguard that the Rose is vulnerable. That they are not unstoppable.
    Leon: If we can't prove that we have a chance against them, then there is no hope for those who are unable to fight for themselves.
    <Character>: So we destroy stuff, bring hope to the people, and you get to join the resistance in Sulen'Eska against the Rose!
    Leon: Exactly!
    Leon: The Oculus Tower, here, looms in the distance as an imposing symbol of Rose control.
    Leon: It's a powerful symbol, and if we can manage to damage it beyond use, then everyone around will see that the Rose can be broken.
    Navon: Do you truly think it can be done? How do you plan on destroying the Oculus Tower?
    Leon: This stone is the key to this plan. With its power, I have full confidence in our success. We simply need to take it to the top of the tower.
    Navon: AND... you think the resistance will just accept you after this? That they will accept us with open arms?

*Sir Leon points to a location on the map.*

Leon: I believe, fine knights, that taking down this tower will prove beyond a doubt that our goals are aligned with those in Sulen'Eska.
    Navon: You have such confidence in this plan, Leon. And though not invincible, the Rose is no sitting duck. They too have plans. Crest, you had a report?
    Crest: Aye, our scouts have found that the Rose has begun reoccupying the tower since our last encounter.
    Crest: From the looks of it, they are trying to get it operational again, but with a more... stable... mana source.
    <Character>: They can't stop us! We can solve two problems at once: Stop the Rose from rebuilding, and get you access to the resistance, Leon.
    Leon: Precisely! A handful of Rose soldiers is no match for us. That settles it, then. It's time to move.
    Leon: I think we can start to make a difference...

• Sir Leon joins you as Guest A.

*After battling your way to the top of the Oculus Tower, Sir Leon sets the Runestone down before the Oculus device.*

Leon: Done. Let's move out!

*Once the group is outside, Sir Leon uses a spell to remotely detonate the runestone. A sword appears to slash the stone, after which the tower is sliced in half and the upper part collapses. The scene shifts to Mritha, in Sulen'Eska, shortly after.*

Odgne: There's been an explosion, heart sister. A large one.
    Mritha: How? Where?
    Odgne: Hold on, Marseltha. Rider Monte's companion is telling me...
    Odgne: On their scouting run for the Dragon Rebels, they saw a band of fighters storm the Oculus tower.
    Odgne: They blew it to pieces. Only ruins remain. It... It was a stronghold.
    Mritha: They took down a tower? Just like that? Kara should know of this. Maybe there are others who would be willing to aid our cause.
    Odgne: Marseltha says that... one who seems to be the leader is waving her down. To talk.
    Mritha: Tell Marseltha to accept the leader's invitation.
    Odgne: Will do.
    Odgne: Monte and Marseltha are coming, with the leader. He wishes to speak to you. His name is Sir Leon.
    Mritha: Have Marseltha bring him straight here. Keep an eye out for our patrols, heart sister. The Rose is certainly on edge now.
    Odgne: Give Marseltha two minutes. I will watch over our flock.

*The scene shifts to a lower level of Sulen'Eska.*

Mritha: I know Kara doesn't like letting strangers in to Sulen'Eska, but we need all the allies we can get, especially now. I hope this isn't a mistake...

*Sir Leon runs toward and stops in front of Mritha.*

Mritha: Well, greetings, Sir Leon.
    Leon: Dragon Rider Mritha.
    Mritha: You've destroyed a tower. You've hit them and made them vulnerable. And, I daresay you meant to show that to all of Lore.
    Leon: Everyone MUST see that the Rose isn't all-powerful. They can fall. They can be hurt.
    Mritha: Oh yes they can. I believe the goals of our two groups -your knights and the resistance here in Sulen'Eska- are aligned, Sir Leon.
    Leon: I would agree, Dragon Rider Mritha. It was my aim to to join your resistance. My knights, and my own abilities are at your service.
    Mritha: Good. I'll bring you to Kara, our leader, and I have no doubt we can find a place for you among our ranks.
    Leon: I am glad to hear it. With our combined forces, the Rose won't know what hit them!

• Complete Quest

Other information
  • This quest's dialogue was re-written on January 25th, 2019. From Verlyrus;
    quote:

The quest Shear Destruction has had its dialogue mostly reworked, as Leon's motives and the player's motives seemed unclear and out of character. The dialogue also previously placed it in a questionable area of time, and this has been resolved.
  • Chronologically, it is recommended to complete the quest Choose before beginning this quest.
  • Chronologically, it is recommended to complete the quests Mission Possible through Tournament of Champions Part 2 before continuing with The Shears' story.

< Message edited by Jay -- 10/16/2021 9:09:20 >
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    1/25/2019 22:09:02   
      Jay
    Marauderator
    🧭

Dialogue
    Sir Leon: It's time to make our final move, <Character>.

• Quest!

*Back in The Shears, the Runestone sits on a table.*

Gordy: So... you went and found a stone. Yay. So, what's so special about it?
    Navon: This is meant to rally us together? A stone is meant to save us all?
    <Character>: I think I would rather sell it. It's a nice looking stone, surely it will fetch a fair price. Then, we could pay for more soldiers to bolster our numbers.
    Leon: This, my friends, is far more useful to us than a few additional soldiers.
    Leon: And, it will prove to the resistance in Sulen'Eska that we can be a valuable asset to their movement.
    Leon: Look, we have a lot of things to accomplish with few resources. We MUST show everyone on Lore that the Rose is vulnerable.
    Leon: If we can't prove that we have a chance against them, we will lose ourselves completely and utterly.
    <Character>: So we destroy stuff!
    Leon: Exactly!
    Leon: This tower, here, looms in the distance imposing their control.
    Leon: It's a powerful symbol, and if we can manage to damage it beyond use then everyone will see that the Rose can be broken.
    Navon: Do you think it can be done?
    Leon: Yes, as a matter of fact.
    Navon: And... you think you can fulfill all those dreams?

*Sir Leon points to a location on the map.*

Leon: This, fine knights, is our answer.
    Navon: Really? You have such confidence, Leon. The Rose has been moving and we have struggled to keep up. Crest has been watching them.
    Crest: Aye, our scouts have shown that they have been reoccupying the tower since our last encounter.
    Crest: From the looks of it, they are trying to get it operational again, but with a more... stable... mana source.
    <Character>: So we can solve two problems at once, I call that an opportunity.
    Leon: Well then, boys, I believe that's settled it. Time to move.
    Leon: I think we can start to make a difference...

• Sir Leon joins you as Guest A.

*After battling your way to the top of the Oculus Tower, Sir Leon sets the Runestone down before the Oculus device.*

Leon: Done. Let's move out!

*Once the group is outside, Sir Leon uses a spell to remotely detonate the runestone. A sword appears to slash the stone, after which the tower is sliced in half and the upper part collapses. The scene shifts to Mritha, in Sulen'Eska, shortly after.*

Odgne: There's been an explosion, heart sister. A large one.
    Mritha: How?
    Odgne: Hold on, Marseltha. Rider Monte's companion is telling me...
    Odgne: On their scouting run for the Dragon Rebels, they spotted a band of fighters storm one of the Rose's tower.
    Odgne: They blew it to pieces. It's no longer standing. It... It was a stronghold.
    Mritha: They took down a tower? If only Kara was here...
    Odgne: Marseltha says that... one who seems to be the leader is waving her down. To talk.
    Mritha: Tell Marseltha to accept the leader's invitation.
    Odgne: Will do.
    Odgne: They are coming, with the leader. He wishes to speak to you. His name is Leon.
    Mritha: Have Marseltha bring him straight here. Gather the patrols, heart sister. We have to move now.
    Odgne: Give Marseltha two minutes. I will be back.

*The scene shifts to a lower level of Sulen'Eska.*

Mritha: Reinforcements, on the eve of our attack on the rebels. This is too perfect...

*Sir Leon runs toward and stops in front of Mritha.*

Mritha: Well, greetings, Leon.
    Leon: Dragon Rider Mritha.
    Mritha: You've destroyed a tower. You've hit them and made them vulnerable. And, I daresay you meant to show that to all of Lore.
    Leon: Everyone MUST see that the Rose isn't all-powerful. They can fall. They can be hurt.
    Mritha: Oh yes they can. Kara would be proud. And, this couldn't have come at a better time, Leon.
    Leon: Oh?
    Mritha: I am about to launch one heck of an attack and that distraction will be brilliant. They will never see you coming...
    Leon: I like the sound of this...

• Complete Quest

< Message edited by Jay -- 1/25/2019 23:48:18 >
  • DF  Post #: 2
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Shear Destruction
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition