Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Shears, The

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Shears, The
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/24/2013 2:55:28   
Voodoo Master

The Shears

Access Point: Greenguard Region -> The Shears -> Travel,
Access Point: Timeline (Book 3) -> The Shears – Oculus Tower -> To The Shears,
Access Point: Sulen'Eska -> Up -> Up Vortex -> Up -> Kara SuLema -> Quests -> The Shears -> To The Shears!,
Access Point: Sulen'Eska -> Up -> Up Vortex -> Mritha -> Past Quests -> Kara SuLema -> Quests -> The Shears -> To The Shears!
Requirements: None Completion of Trust
Release Date: August 23rd, 2013

Quests Available
Oculus Tower
Oculus Shards
Search for Refugees
Desolation Ruins
Shear Destruction

Sanctuary's Return
A New Discovery
Gorillaphant Warfare
Rose Pajamas
Morning's End

NPCs
Crest
Dracelix
Gordy
Sir Leon

Shops
None

Dialogue
Dracelix

Dracelix: It is an honor, <Character>.

• The Rose
    Dracelix: The Paladin Order and the Rose have mostly kept their distance. At times our goals are the same and we ally towards issues...
    Dracelix: ...but when they see the innocent as a threat, we must intervene.

• The Order
    Dracelix: Much has changed since the darkness shifted, the Order's Outpost to the north has prospered.
    Dracelix: We have many new recruits, eager to serve in the Light.
    Dracelix: Negotiations through the kingdom have been difficult, but in time it may ease.
    Dracelix: Once my conflicts with the Rose have settled I shall return north, you're welcome to travel too.

• Artix
    Dracelix: The Order has not had contact with him for some time.
    Dracelix: We are not sure what he is up to, but he has done much for those in need over the last few years.

Gordy

Gordy: If you're looking for the elf, he's in the room behind us.

Sir Leon
    (before Oculus Tower)

Sir Leon: Can I help you, <Class>?

• Talk
    Sir Leon: What do you wish to know?
    • Who Are You?
      Sir Leon: Sir Leon.
      Sir Leon: Once I was a knight of King Alteon, aiding him with issues of a magical nature.
      Sir Leon: Now he doubts that which has helped so many....

Sir Leon: Magic.
      Sir Leon: I chose not to follow the Rose, which would be fine... but things got personal and so I was exiled.

• You're A Mage?
      Sir Leon: A MageKnight... few remain in these times.
      Sir Leon: My skills lie with conjuring, creating things, shaping things... to wield them.
      Sir Leon: It has other uses besides weaponry, but it's best not to speak of that.

• The Shears?
      Sir Leon: That which stems a flowers growth.
      Sir Leon: A place for all who stand against the Rose. To hide. To plan. And to strike when possible.

• Kara?
      Sir Leon: I've yet to meet her, but I've learned much of the Resistance.
      Sir Leon: Sadly, I cannot aid in your quest whilst my personal endeavors lay unfinished. Forgive me, <Class>.
  • Quests
    Sir Leon: I have a quest that needs to be completed....
    • Oculus Tower
      Sir Leon: If you wish to assist in my quest... I will not turn down your help.
      Sir Leon: Come, <Character>, let's go discuss what needs to be done.
  • Heal & potions - fully replenishes HP, MP, and potions.

Sir Leon and Crest
    (after Oculus Tower)

Sir Leon: Can I help you, <Class>?

• Talk
    Sir Leon: What do you wish to know?
    • Who Are You?
      Sir Leon: Sir Leon.
      Sir Leon: Once I was a knight of King Alteon, aiding him with issues of a magical nature.
      Sir Leon: Now he doubts that which has helped so many....

Sir Leon: Magic.
      Sir Leon: I chose not to follow the Rose, which would be fine... but things got personal and so I was exiled.

• You're A Mage?
      Sir Leon: A MageKnight... few remain in these times.
      Sir Leon: My skills lie with conjuring, creating things, shaping things... to wield them.
      Sir Leon: It has other uses besides weaponry, but it's best not to speak of that.

• The Shears?
      Sir Leon: That which stems a flowers growth.
      Sir Leon: A place for all who stand against the Rose. To hide. To plan. And to strike when possible.

• Kara?
      Sir Leon: I've yet to meet her, but I've learned much of the Resistance.
      Sir Leon: Sadly, I cannot aid in your quest whilst my personal endeavors lay unfinished. Forgive me, <Class>.

• What happened?
      Crest: They planned to use me... my magic for the Oculus construct.
      Crest: It didn't go as they planned, I was overloaded with power.
      Crest: I could feel myself losing control, sensing the magic surrounding me but I was helpless to respond.
      Crest: I fear for what may have resulted had you and Leon not been there to save me.

• Why you, Crest?
      Crest: I have a lot of untapped power inside me. Leon discovered this during our time in Swordhaven, but the Rose also found out.
      Crest: He would teach me how to focus my magic, even after we left due to his exile.
      Crest: I've learnt much during our travels but there is always more to be found. Magic seems so boundless, so open.
      Crest: It's a beautiful thought, but not everyone sees it that way.

• Exiled?
      Crest: Because of me.
      Crest: He always doubted the Rose, but when they tried to capture me...
      Crest: He intervened, felling all who came after me. Not even the King's guard could get past him.
      Crest: Exile was the only solution that would not lead to further harm upon them.
      Crest: Sometimes he misses the Kingdom, but so much has changed... It is not the same home we cherished.
  • Quests
    Sir Leon: I have a quest that needs to be completed....
    • Oculus Tower
      Sir Leon: If you wish to assist in telling Crest of our quest to rescue her... I will not refuse your help.

• Oculus Shard
      Sir Leon: There are more of these Oculus devices out there.
      Sir Leon: Much smaller and weaker, but they can be carried around and used to seek out nearby magic.
      Crest: We can't allow more mages to be harmed by this technology. They need to be destroyed.
      Crest: Although...If we can recover a working Oculus it could prove useful in saving mages from the Rose.
      Sir Leon: With your aid <Character>, we could really help make a difference.

• Oculus Orb
      Sir Leon: You've found enough shards. Let's see if Crest can reform a whole orb!

• Ruins
      Sir Leon: <Character>, we need to talk.

• Destruction
      Sir Leon: It's time to make our final move, <Character>.

• Tournament of Champions! - teleports you to Swordhaven (Book 3)'s Quest Board.

• Sanctuary's Return - opens 'Sanctuary's Return' quest interface; requires completion of Tournament of Champions Part 2 / (Easy);
  • Heal & potions - fully replenishes HP, MP, and potions.

• Add to group - invites Sir Leon as Guest A.

Other information
  • The Shears' entry requirement was updated on October 15th, 2021; more information can be found in the October 15th, 2021 Design Notes.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 10/2/2023 20:53:53 >
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Shears, The
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition