Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Remembering the good ol' days in the forum

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Remembering the good ol' days in the forum
Page 10 of 12«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/12/2021 2:29:56   
Xxx__0__xxX

Can't recall the when exactly I joined, but I definitely played DragonFable and MechQuest, but I only joined after AQWorlds was released.
Never really made any friends on this forum, but posted a bit here and there, and read a bunch of threads. Forum was bustling and alive back in the day...
DF  Post #: 226
4/20/2021 15:03:19   
The Extinguisher

feeling nosalgic about the nostalgia thread now oh no.

i cant believe i forgot to shout out the radio game in my first post! a dumb little game that got way out of hand for us kids running it but it still brings me so much joy to think about. striker, math, szo, art, a bunch of people im definitely forgetting, i miss y'all.

i like to pop in to check out this thread every once in a while but this is just not a part of the internet i wanna be on these days. im mostly on the fedi now. if you wanna catch up, send me a message and ill let you know where im at. there's no way id be allowed to post the link, even if i wanted to lol.

its good to see all the familiar faces :3
Post #: 227
4/21/2021 14:39:56   
Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I recognise that pixie avatar! :)

Has been a while, hope you're doing well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 228
4/24/2021 2:32:50   
Guardian Patrick

how are AE games now since flash is dead?

I heard the launcher is still using flash lol
Is it still safe to play on launcher?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 229
4/24/2021 14:14:22   
Zacky Vengeance Aloy

!!! Just found this thread

Miss refreshing the forums during AQ wars, inbetween battle and spell animations, to interact with everyone
Hope all is well
AQ  Post #: 230
4/25/2021 10:14:04   
Digital X

Nice to see you Patrick and Zacky! Hope things are well.

Yes we use the Artix Launcher now for the games.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 231
5/1/2021 10:42:44   
MEHEHEHEHEHE

It certainly has been a very long time since I last came here. I joined in 2007 and had a great time and then I became inactive after a year or so.
I came back few years later for a while. After that I have been inactive for a long time.

I have just checked who posted in this thread and I see some familiar names.
The 2007 days were sure the good old days.
Post #: 232
5/12/2021 19:59:44   
DGC

Oh man. I'm gonna read this whole thread when I have time. This was my first forum, and the OOC room had a lot of friendships and fond memories. Battleon Town News. OOC Newsletter. Aerodian Game. The Gentlemen's Club. JTR5353, Mastikator, TheRottenLeprechaun, Gorobei, weatherseed (I leave his name uncapitalized as he did, respect). The mods who kept us from dissolving into anarchy with an 80% success rate. Reens, SCAKK, Seahawk. Unfortunately my old account is probably long gone after some 12 years of no login. That's another thing I'll look into later, when I have time for nostalgia.
Post #: 233
5/30/2021 19:53:58   
siris99
Weapons Master

Wow, I did not honestly think to see my name in a list here.

This was my first internet forum, and I met people who helped shape me as a person . In a very convoluted way, the friends I met here led me to my wife.

I'm feeling so old right now, but so nostalgic.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 234
6/4/2021 4:42:48   
Solar Boy
Vorpal Edges Biggest Fan!

siris99! I don't believe you and I ever really interacted all that much but I remember your legendary MS Paint weapon tutorial! Ha! :D

...in fact, my comment on that thread is apparently my oldest viewable comment on this forum. 2006, oh god.
AQ AQW  Post #: 235
6/5/2021 3:09:00   
  toidiedud

It's such an odd pull back here. It's like a small town you grew up in and still pass by towards other things. You take a detour to come back and the memories just flood in. Things long kept in the recess of the mind. Then seeing other people who you remember, who happened to come back, it's just nice.

If nothing else to see you all out there still. Yet still thought for a moment to come back here. Bound through all those times.

Even if I don't get to talk to y'all again really significantly I'm glad that we all existed here together if only for a fraction of time.
AQ DF  Post #: 236
6/7/2021 5:21:24   
Kian
Creative!

Yikes... Reading through these threads is getting me all nostalgic. I've been here for 13 years - on and off - and currently wrapping up my master's degree. It's crazy how time flies and how much my interests have changed over the years, but I seem to always find myself coming back to this site every now and then.

Special shout-out to all of my Ban Game brothers and sisters! I hope you've all been well, but that goes for anyone reading this, for that matter.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 237
6/19/2021 13:43:36   
Helixi

quote:

It's such an odd pull back here. It's like a small town you grew up in and still pass by towards other things. You take a detour to come back and the memories just flood in. Things long kept in the recess of the mind. Then seeing other people who you remember, who happened to come back, it's just nice.

If nothing else to see you all out there still. Yet still thought for a moment to come back here. Bound through all those times.

Even if I don't get to talk to y'all again really significantly I'm glad that we all existed here together if only for a fraction of time.

This is how I feel. I teared up slightly reading that reply.
AQ DF  Post #: 238
6/21/2021 7:08:07   
Digital X

I was leaving school when I found this forum, now I'm working as a full time carer. Time certainly flies by!

Does anyone know if Smalls is still around?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 239
6/25/2021 1:56:05   
PD

^^ They still use their linked social media accounts, although they don't seem to have visited the forums recently. According to the linked tumblr their last post as of this one, was actually today. You might be able to catch up with them if you post a question on it.
Post #: 240
6/26/2021 11:36:41   
Spy

My goodness, it has been a long time since I posted. Nice to see many faces that I recognize!
AQ AQW  Post #: 241
6/27/2021 19:22:12   
Dragon_Koopa

@Digital X: Smalls is active on Twitter as well if you use that.

I suddenly remembered saving a PM I sent to someone as a reference to one of my stories so I came back to grab it. It's been almost four years since I made a nostalgia post and I'm still surprised to see familiar names I talked to nearly a decade ago doing the same thing.

I'm almost 27 in a month and it feels like I could shed a tear looking back at some of the posts that are still "active" in my forum history (And cringe a bit at how I used to write :v)

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 242
6/28/2021 23:13:12   
Solar Boy
Vorpal Edges Biggest Fan!

Smalls is okay but who I really miss is Puppy. I wonder what that guy's up to these days? Things just haven't been the same since he left.

Nobody asked me to post this message, especially not Puppy. He made a point of mentioning that he wasn't jealous of the attention Smalls has been receiving. I mean he DID NOT make a point of saying that. Jeez.

Also Suuichi says hi but he can't remember his password. nolraitru is here too. That is all. >.>
AQ AQW  Post #: 243
6/29/2021 0:57:14   
Digital X

I remember nolraitru, such good memories when older forum goers come back or get mentioned. Still has the same avvy I bet haha.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 244
6/29/2021 8:39:12   
Smalls

Hi yes I’m alive 😂😂 I’m mostly active on Twitter, tumblr, & discord these days (if you want my discord info just lmk)
Some fun life updates: I got axed from my job in feb but quickly found a new role working as a data analyst for a LGBTQ agency which is super dope. I also got banned from a teen wolf discord and have become a controversial figure in that fandom (for [checks note on hand] talking about problematic material in the problematic material channel and also calling out racism LMAO), and idk otherwise my life is pretty boring. I’ve done some cool art recently that’s on my tumblr art tag… I should prob update my gallery to show that
@slr don’t lie to yourself you know I’m your favorite person, don’t let peer pressure influence you
DF  Post #: 245
7/20/2021 22:47:21   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

It's funny how seeing some names that you haven't seen or thought about in a long time brings back that feeling of "Oh I remember them!" It helps that people generally stuck with the same avatars for a long time! I'm amazed that I can still remember forum users after all this time, but I can't remember the names of people in real life after they've introduced themselves to me multiple times -_-

I guess since this has become the (un)official "life update thread" I've been happy with my engineering job I've had for the past 6 years. I've been going by Qplayer in most places for a while now (for... reasons). Don't play much video games anymore, but have been focusing on chess. Places to find me are Twitter and the Anime Planet discord (I have to thank this forum for getting me into AP over MAL, clearly the superior website :P).

Also I tried to PM 4jj11 to thank him because I still use his signature in some places after like 13 years. I'm not sure if it reached them though.

AQ AQW  Post #: 246
7/21/2021 14:32:31   
Elnaith

Hah, I was thinking of it at work and decided to try if I could login again (I used to not be able to for years due to mods/admins having an IP block and I had moved in the meantime).

But wow, it's been ages, lovely to see some names around that I still recognize :D.

Sad my title was wiped :'( I was sooooo happy when I got my first one (Advanced RPer).

< Message edited by Elnaith -- 7/21/2021 14:33:17 >
AQ DF  Post #: 247
7/21/2021 16:09:03   
  DragonUltraMaster
I am Moglin!

Elnaith!! :O
Wow, long time no see!! I still have your PM from 2011. ^^
I believe you can still get your title back, btw.

//D.U.M
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 248
7/21/2021 17:13:12   
Digital X

Elnaith! Glad to see you back, it's felt like forever.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 249
7/21/2021 17:16:59   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

Hey Elnaith! Nice to see you again. I think if you PM one of the mods they can get you your title back.
AQ AQW  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Remembering the good ol' days in the forum
Page 10 of 12«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition