Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 16 of 21«<1415161718>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/28/2019 13:09:00   
zanathos

Starlord used to be a dark horse pick in the early days of Bludrut PvP, it had decent dodge, a ranged stun, AoEs, and decent enough burst damage for the time, before amulets were as commonplace. In the current state of the game it could greatly benefit from the buff however
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 376
4/28/2019 21:44:44   
Edme MacHeath

I'd recommend playing atleast a couple hours of mechquest…
Atleast get some of your money's worth...If you decide to buy the class.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 4/28/2019 21:46:46 >
AQ  Post #: 377
4/28/2019 22:14:22   
you stop

Im not about to discuss another game here but, Ive quite lost all motivation to play AE games in general to the point that I cant even make myself wake up on time just to play a new release (6-7am is usually when release pops up).

Im mostly just in it now to collect what I want to collect. I dont think i'll have any sense of achievement by playing MQ as a whole.

If they could just release a farmable Tier 2 for verification classes then I'd actually get up 5 am just for being too excited. I dont mind if it's a VHL level farm I just want something worth my time and money tbh.

Not that Im required to spend money or anything but I guess I do indulge. I just dont think that at this point spending 20$ for a categorically bad class is worth unless there's gear or farmables included. I mean look at Flame Dragon Warrior. It's objectively bad too but Im a huge fan of the weapons that is included in a 10$ package of all things. That, and there is a badge for it too.

I get that the 20$ is an amount intended for the full access of their respective games but 20$ for a dead MQ is really not worth it. At least, DF has story. At least, AQ classic is updated. This has mostly turned into a rant but I hope class designers could use this as an idea perhaps.

< Message edited by you stop -- 4/28/2019 22:19:29 >
AQW  Post #: 378
4/29/2019 15:44:55   
Hardcastle McCormick

The most unforgivable aspect of the verification classes is that StarLord has an upper-case L while Dragonlord is lower-case.
AQW  Post #: 379
4/29/2019 17:33:19   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

I find it kind of strange that the class is called "StarLord" while the corresponding upgrade is "Star Captain" . . .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 380
4/29/2019 20:15:33   
you stop

Cant they just turn it into another Avengers meme...

Peter Quill intensifies
AQW  Post #: 381
4/29/2019 21:18:45   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

^ Turns out there is a (rare) set called "Star Master" which is a direct copy of Star Lord
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 382
4/30/2019 18:47:16   
Edme MacHeath

Can we reduce undeadslayer's stacking, possibly even make it's skills do stacking and not just it's auto attack.

It's so frustrating losing all your stacks. They stack up to 200 and don't last long.
The only potential godsend is having the rank 10 occur.

If we're making Dragon Shinobi and even Mystical DarkCaster have to stack less. Why not undead slayer. 200 is far from reasonable.
This is way too much to even make it semi-viable.

Also the class is unimaginably plain. Still uses warrior mana regen, none of it's skills do anything but deal damage. Status effects that affect stats? None really.
Sure dragon lance consumes spirit power? Does that count? Maybe the auto attack stacking spirit power itself?
Still relies on a 10 second heal which is basically a full heal but still.
LDK, LC, even GB, VHL and probably more all kinda have superior survival. It's not a problem, it doesn't struggle, but it's plain. Very plain.

This class is too plain and too slow. Which is sad because it does start doing good damage with higher stacks.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 4/30/2019 18:48:17 >
AQ  Post #: 383
5/2/2019 22:48:27   
you stop

Also @above I have given up hopes of them updating old classes at this point. Too many forgotten classes like Blood Titan, Blood Ancient, etcetc

Stonecrusher remake hmm. At least now we have an AC tagged stonecrusher.

More thoughts on this:
Disclaimer: The following thoughts follow a thought process that a new player might see, or what I would've seen if I can remember how it felt during my low level days.

1. I think it's a good idea to release an upgrade package that has a House and a Class. Quite the deal, really. Also at this point, house-powercreeping now exists wherein all paid-for houses has to have a CC Room. Fun addition really, otherwise it wouldn't be worth using imo. Enough about houses, moving on to the class.

2. I like the idea of having a free class just like that *with matching snap*. The first thing I hated about AQW as a low leveled player was the fact that I couldn't find a good class that was fairly easy to get. Everything had a paywall, or I had to be very patient with farming. I get it that at this point, farming SC is a really basic thing to do, let alone a single rep, but for new players, I don't think it's a good start.

3. But with that kind of move, I wonder if SC was a good thing to be released instantly. Sure, you pay real money for it, but you also get ACs on top of it along with a full set and a house. One could say this is a REALLY good deal and might be the best investment of money for AQW so far BUUUUUUUUUUUUT is SC the best first class to be released like this? For higher leveled players, we're really not affected. We just end up saving one bagslot. For lower leveled players, this is quite a news. First off, SC on a low level character is really bad. Mage mana regen + low damage + high mana costs + low heals really makes this class a huge turn off. I get it that levels are REALLY easy nowadays but we're doing it from the point of view of players who are already used to farming. But again, try to see this from someone whose patience isn't there yet (getting there, but not yet there).

4. I think if AE were to release this kind of upgrade package again, might be better to start with mid tier classes. This is for the sake of game balance too. Having an easy access to SC of all things just makes the game a cakewalk. But for mid-tier classes, it begs a certain question: what constitutes a mid tier class? Well I'll leave that for the devs to decide but I think it's a good idea.

All I'm saying really is that I think releasing SC with a snap is too big of a start. It kinda feels like LC when it was first released. Too easy to get for such a great class that it forced devs to nerf the way to obtain it.

< Message edited by you stop -- 5/2/2019 23:08:39 >
AQW  Post #: 384
5/3/2019 12:14:22   
zanathos

I think SC is the perfect class, because it's powerful and useful enough to not be a waste for higher level players, but it's not too overpowered as to completely wreck level balancing for lower-levels.

I do irrationally wish the class would have been a Void Highlord variant, but that's entirely too gamebreaking, p2w, and unfair for those who farmed it. Still would be cool to see a Thanos inspired class be one of the strongest ingame.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 385
5/3/2019 19:45:59   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Just out of curiosity, what classes would a completely new player go around using these days? As in what classes to start with and to use to farm higher tier classes, etc. etc.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 386
5/3/2019 20:54:00   
Saberblade

For a new player I'd recommend starting as a mage and going straight for Chaos Slayer by farming the chaos rep right away. It'd be a quick farm and a solid class to start from.
AQ AQW  Post #: 387
5/3/2019 21:47:41   
you stop

^ I'd tell them the same too. CS is too all around to miss and it's easy to get. Well if theyre lvl 50 already and don't have Scarlet Sorc then there's that too.

From there the list goes on: Necro/Glacial Berserker are really good for soloing. Eternal Inversionist is a waste of time as per usual. Perhaps Shaman instantly after it. I don't see anything that comes close to it to be honest perhaps blaze binder but that takes 42 days for non mems which I think is ridiculous.

All the other rep classes are kind of meh at this point. It's really just get a good soloing class, whether it be Chaos Slayer or Necro (or DragonSlayer General if you want that), then Farming (Chaos Slayer again, or Shaman). Necro goes along with getting Blaze Binder which I think is great. Shaman goes to StoneCrusher. That's what I generally would recommend.

Chaos Slayer + Glacial Berserker
Necro + Blaze
StoneCrusher + Shaman

I can't exactly find a good tier list for Farming Classes that are not "end game" so to speak. Soloing classes, there's the Tier 5 from what Edme would describe from the last tier list i posted. Includes Necro, StoneCrusher, DragonSlayer General, even Chaos Slayer.

If you're mem then Daimon is GREAT

Anyways, report on Infinity Titan and StoneCrusher.

1. They stack with one another. Diff buffs stack. Yoshino's Confirmation in game
2. They also fixed the 2nd Stack bug on StoneCrusher and Infinity Titan for that matter.
3. 2nd Stack bug still exists in Eternal Inversionist and LightCaster, as well as the 1st Stack Bug on EI specifically

< Message edited by you stop -- 5/3/2019 21:55:01 >
AQW  Post #: 388
5/3/2019 22:14:33   
Edme MacHeath

Skip mage and use ninja.

Mage is just not very good for the first 20-30 levels. It dies a lot and deals horrid damage, you simply can't afford to focus multiple enemies at low levels.
Even beyond that it kinda ends up becoming lackluster as it just can't heal and ends up dying to 30-45+ monsters.

Once you hit 35ish, you're not using ninja anyways. You're only good options at that point are Darkblood or Chaos Slayer for non members. Or Daimon for members which is a steal for 100k gold and is a top tier class even at endgame.

Once you hit 50-60+ you should just pick up Shaman or Blazebinder. Shaman is better though. Scarlet Sorceress would be good but it's level 50 now and you'll be holding onto it for maybe 10 levels perhaps more
so it's not worth it anymore. At this point you can also get Vampire Lord or Abyssal Angel/Shadow for ACs, when they come around as they are seasonal.

Pick up necromancer almost immediately. You get it at alot lower levels than you realize and it's even usable at low levels
Past level 35 you should own chaos slayer for farming which will be used for soloing till lvl 50-60
You can grab stonecrusher at 50-60+ and wait for seasonals like Glacial Bezerker, LDK which requires you to be in the legion which costs 1200 ACs or better yet you can pay real money for a calendar class.

Lightcaster is a late game option for 1,000 ACs but requires you to be level 80+ Void Highlord is a tough class to obtain that takes over a hundred hours but it's the best option if you don't want to pay money.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 5/3/2019 22:30:26 >
AQ  Post #: 389
5/3/2019 23:33:28   
you stop

^ One good summary I guess. Also I'm quite curious as I never used the class but, how good is Troll Spellsmith in today's meta? I heard it was a recommended class for lower levels but am I missing anything or?
AQW  Post #: 390
5/4/2019 1:35:26   
Tyroniter

Just wanna add in something, for a newer player, rather than any of the classes mentioned above, I'd say go straight for Oracle until they can get something like Chaos Slayer/Shaman etc. As someone who got back into the game at the end of the 13 Chaos Lords saga, with a level 30ish account and no really good classes, Oracle helped me get through the whole saga and I can't recommend it enough to a new player. While it does have abysmal DPS, it's survivability allows for some crazy accomplishments at a lower level too, allowing me to solo stuff I had no right to solo at that time.
AQW  Post #: 391
5/4/2019 6:05:21   
Hardcastle McCormick

Troll might be worth talking about if it didn’t have that stupid bug where the ice ability lags. Off the top of my head I can’t think of any other skill in the game that has that problem.

Even without that, it turns a lot of people off since its damage is very bursty and uneven. I will say it’s a surprisingly tanky class these days. I still see it from time to time in brawls.

< Message edited by Hardcastle McCormick -- 5/4/2019 6:06:09 >
AQW  Post #: 392
5/4/2019 8:09:38   
you stop

quote:

As someone who got back into the game at the end of the 13 Chaos Lords saga, with a level 30ish account
Almost exact same case here, really. Only, now that I think about it, I don't think Oracle was such a good option still. Necro is so easy to farm, and so is Chaos Slayer. CS can be farmed with Mage and for Necro, just use whatever class really and pray along the lines that other people are farming the Doomknight Overlord. But then I guess you could also farm Necro with Oracle.
AQW  Post #: 393
5/4/2019 8:11:59   
carlosbomb

hi, i'm facing a ridiculous problem. i wanted to get the scarletta sorceress class and since i can no longer get it from scarletta i found out i have to get blood sorceress from scarletta then do the whole quest chain and get a quest from the thief to change the class from blood to scarletta. well i obtained the class and did the chain quest but when i get the quest from the theif, even tho the class is in my inventory, it says that the class is not in my inventory and i can't turn the quest to get the scarletta sorceress. what should i do? i tried everything. i put the class in bank and got back, i sold it and used buy back, i sold it and tried getting it again from scarletta but it didnt drop for me but did for others
Post #: 394
5/4/2019 8:44:23   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

^ Make sure you've actually used the class at least once, and have actually gained at least 1 class point on it. Otherwise the quest won't register you as actually having the class in your inventory.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 395
5/4/2019 9:12:51   
carlosbomb

you were right! thanks, i got the scarletta sorceress now.

< Message edited by carlosbomb -- 5/4/2019 9:13:57 >
Post #: 396
5/4/2019 11:09:16   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

^ Nice!

quote:

perhaps blaze binder but that takes 42 days for non mems which I think is ridiculous.

Wasn't there a trick around that, that is to buy Pyromancer with 2k acs, get the flame sigil, and then sell Pyro so that you end up getting Blaze Binder by paying effectively 200 acs to save 42 days?

Of course it does require you to have farmed Necro and Embersea rep in advance, and 2k acs to spare.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 397
5/4/2019 20:32:27   
you stop

Yes the 2k AC trick is viable. I just didnt count towards having acs at all otherwise I'd instantly recommend LDK and Infitnite Dark Caster as they quite do their jobs really well. This, and LC as well.

Sidenote: There's this reddit post about how to spend your 2K ACs "wisely" if you're upgrading for the first time. This very step, along with getting into the legion, is part of the recommended steps. Link to it

If we're following the logic wherein the new player upgrades immediately, then we have to make cases for Mem and having at least 2K ACs or both.
I'll be assuming they have mem on the following paragraphs.

This opens up a lot of possibilities namely Daimon, Chrono Assassin, having faster access to Reps, Blaze Binder (the reps, not Pyro) in even just a day, and so on.

With Mem, Cape of Awe becomes immediately available, assuming proper help of course (but that's why we exist to afk in yuglar right????). This opens up the fastest rep methods which, kinda just deletes the purpose having mid tier classes.

Moving on. Daimon and Chrono Assassin become available. Both classes do not have Mage Mana regen, which is essential to new players. Mage mana regen classes tend to have mana issues early on. I remember using DragonLord on a lvl 30 me wherein I had serious mana issues back in the day. Nowadays I barely do run out of mana. Daimon and CA also happen to be extremely good for what they do, with a bonus feature for Daimon being a class that can solo and farm all in one class.

Speaking of non mage regen, Necro and Shaman become a possible combination. I think one of the major reasons why I keep recommending Necro early on is because of how it helps new players. It reduces incoming damage by 40% and it does not run out of mana even if you do so little damage. Shaman is a very powerful farming class which scales really well into end game. Has a HoT to keep yourself alive and has really short cooldowns with huge burst potential.

DoomKnight also becomes very viable. One thing to note is that it might have HP sustain issues early on since the bosses will still do the same damage to you but you heal for less this time. Nonetheless, a powerful option. Paladin is a decent farming class as well, as well as an OK soloing class.

Again, having mem sort of deletes the point of mid game classes as one can just instantly Daimon and work their way towards other strong classes. But it proposes many possibilities.

For 2K ACs, it opens up a lot of possibilities as well. Firstly, easy access to Blaze Binder becomes an option. Legion becomes an option. Lightmage into Lightcaster becomes an option.

We will start at this point with the discussed options, Chaos Slayer and Necro (or the other many combinations).

Blaze Binder is a really good farming class to pick up after getting Necro. From there you can just farm your way to whatever Rep you wish to go for, or finish storylines to whatever point.

From there, we can possibly start farming for Legion already. Legion has really good classes for what they do, especially after the recent Dage Birthday and the update to Infinite Dark Caster. A farming + soloing combination appears with Legion DoomKnight and Infinite Dark Caster.

LightMage, while a bad class, can serve a purpose of an investment towards LightCaster, and will be the last investment if one decides to spend 2k ACs "wisely" according to the link I gave. This class can farm and solo at the same time, I'm really speechless towards LightCaster's capabilities too.
Sidenote: Speaking of Chrono Assassin, I still think to this day that Thief of Hours deserves some love from the Class Balance team, for such a difficult rep to complete. Master Ranger got a little love before so why not ToH?

< Message edited by you stop -- 5/4/2019 21:05:41 >
AQW  Post #: 398
5/5/2019 3:15:48   
Tyroniter

@you stop
While Necromancer and Chaos Slayer are superior choices without a doubt, for a sub-40 or even sub-50 level player, I still feel Oracle offers a cushion of safety that the others aren't even close to offering. I managed to solo some of the older Chaos bosses with Oracle at around 35-40 level, even going through the Chaos Lord and Chaos Beast gauntlet thing at the end with it at some 40+ level, which I'm not sure I would have managed with Chaos Slayer or Necro. It might be slow, but it has unmatched survivability compared to how easy it is to get.
AQW  Post #: 399
5/5/2019 6:05:33   
you stop

Pretty sure at some lvl 40+ or so, Necro can already run through the Chaos Saga. Im not saying Oracle cant do it. Im just saying I think superior options exist.
AQW  Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 16 of 21«<1415161718>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition