Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 18 of 21«<1617181920>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/8/2019 9:58:38   
ArchNero

My take on the highseas commander class.

It's an interesting class in terms of it's entire skillset it reminds me of ultra elemental warrior because you apply the rune effects from the other skills and skill 3 activates those rune effects, the damage isn't too impressive. I do enjoy the class as a whole. I'm not sure if it's bugged out but the you think with the mage mana regen model and this class, it shouldn't have terrible mana issues, but it kinda does unfortunately, and the 5 skill doing as much crit damage for some reason doesn't give you mana back. So I think something is up with it's mana regeneration, but i'm not 100% sure though.
Post #: 426
6/8/2019 11:12:56   
Veya

HighSeas Commander has Rogue model, not Mage, both the DNs and the stat screen claims it is Mage model but they are wrong, you can very easily notice how you heal every time you get a dodge, which confirms the Rogue model, plus Immortal Joe has confirmed in the official Discord that the Rogue model is the intended one and that the text is wrong.

Each of the three classes has a different mana model, Rogue for Commander, Mage for Grim Necro, and Warrior for Grenadier, seem to be one of the gimmicks they are going for with these classes.
AQW  Post #: 427
6/8/2019 16:32:20   
dragon wrath

Just got legion revenant. Are their any combos I should be going for? seems kinda weak. Also all wiz right?
AQW  Post #: 428
6/8/2019 16:35:16   
Veya

Other than starting with 3 to get buffs online, you just kinda spam off the cooldown with LR.

And depends what you are trying to do with the class, it is not the most amazing soloer in the game even if it can solo pretty well, but it is not meant to be, as the class is designed for farming and support primarily.
AQW  Post #: 429
6/8/2019 23:58:48   
ArchNero

I see, well after using highseas commander since then I don't mind it being on the rogue mana model. The mana isn't so much a problem when soloing but in a party unless you don't have FB support, you'd be starving for mana though because the enemy isn't always targeting you so you can dodge and regain mana and some health.

That's my only gripe I found, that one of the classes's skills doesn't have an aggro focus effect, to at least take advantage of the rogue mana model and you have a decent dodge buff to boot as well that makes you dodge decently well.

< Message edited by ArchNero -- 6/8/2019 23:59:04 >
Post #: 430
6/9/2019 15:31:40   
iDreadnaut

So, do these classes live up to their requirements? (9 year membership, 600k AC)
So far they seem totally not worth the investment...
AQW  Post #: 431
6/9/2019 15:52:44   
Aura Knight

I think the 10 years played class is decent enough considering it doesn't take much effort to get. If you made an account in 2008, congrats, you have the class. It is stronger than pirate which is what I expected. Has few mana issues aside from when used in a fight that lasts too long. Damage is good. Healing is surprisingly strong from a dodge class. HoT goes to near 400. Skills are on a short cooldown with reasonable mana costs. The only issue I have with it is not all skills have a decent range. Your 4 and 5 are ok but the 2 is close which I am just not a fan of. With how decent the class is at bursting I would have liked to have mid or long range on all skills that way you can also use it for a bit of farming if you want to.

Though the odd thing to me is that even though the class is said to be a rogue model it seems to do best with wizard enhancements. I guess it makes sense since the class was said to be a magical pirate and such a thing is made obvious by the skills focusing on runes which are typically magical. I think the class overall is nice, not the greatest at anything but it is fun and I think it's about time we got more classes that aren't just powerful but enjoyable to use. Not that I don't enjoy strong classes and not that HighSeas Commander is weak, but it's not among the other OP classes. This may be a disappointment to some but not to me.

As for the other ones, no idea. I'm too cheap to spend that much money on the game.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 432
6/9/2019 19:33:55   
_Morpher_

quote:

I think the class overall is nice, not the greatest at anything but it is fun and I think it's about time we got more classes that aren't just powerful but enjoyable to use. Not that I don't enjoy strong classes and not that HighSeas Commander is weak, but it's not among the other OP classes. This may be a disappointment to some but not to me.

^Couldn't have summed it up better.
MQ  Post #: 433
6/9/2019 19:57:03   
Jams Loyal Subject

quote:

So, do these classes live up to their requirements? (9 year membership, 600k AC)
So far they seem totally not worth the investment...

I would dare say anyone who has bought 9 years of membership or 600,000 ACs isn't doing it exclusively for the classes. So they're not an investment at all.

So that being said, with the view as them as a bonus, I think it makes sense for them not to be OP, as very few people will actually have them, and they shouldn't be an incentive to spend ridiculous amounts of money on the game.

~Loyal.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 434
6/9/2019 22:56:15   
you stop

quote:

I would dare say anyone who has bought 9 years of membership or 600,000 ACs isn't doing it exclusively for the classes.
Of course it isnt the main goal but for a game whose future is unknown, it may just be the last classes left to obtain. We don't know if AQ Mobile is going to carry all our badges and stuff so might as well think of it that way.
AQW  Post #: 435
6/10/2019 0:14:31   
Aura Knight

As long as each is stronger than their base variants that should be good enough. These are all meant to be evolved versions of the pirate, necromancer and skyguard grenadier classes.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 436
6/15/2019 3:00:23   
MaligKnight

Which enhancements would be more preferable for Legion Revenant? Full wizard, full lucky, or a mix between them?
DF AQW  Post #: 437
6/15/2019 4:02:47   
Aura Knight

Most everyone that does have it seems to agree wizard is the enhancement to use. Mixing enhancement rarely ever works well because in doing so you're left with a subpar experience with an otherwise amazing class if you were to use full wiz or full luck or full anything else. Classes with a large focus on magical attacks benefit the most from wizard and since that is what Legion Revenant is, makes the most sense to go full wiz.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 438
6/15/2019 11:43:46   
poesiemau

Legion Revenant got hit too hard.

A little backstory:

LR is a multitarget class with a decent HoT that is build around a rank 10 passive (this debuffs the enemy aswell as buffs the team, comparable to Light Casters first ability)
This rank 10 passive proved to be too powerfull especially combined with the HoT on the tester class, making it the best farming class and more powerfull than VHL with bosses. Resulting in it getting a nerf (which it did deserved)

The nerf (compared to the tester):

To combat the above issues the class got 2 major aspects changed:
-the rank 10 passive was decreased, at max stacks it currently sits at around 2/3 of it previous power.
-the HoT was halved and now ticks at half speed.

The Problem:

The 3rd ability of the class (which is the HoT) has an intrinsic addition to the HoT: a 12 sec mana shield.
Which means that all dmg taken now depletes mana instead of lowering health. The combination of this perk and the nerf result in 1 major issue with the class: the moment you use it solo against a higher hp target/ boss and that boss crits you while the mana shield is active you are sometimes done for. This is because a higher crit can drain almost all mana while the abilities (which is the class main way to get mana back) are 30 mana minimum each! If the crit is at the start of the shield you sometimes have to go through 12 seconds of mana and health depletion while on auto-attack causing you to die while being unable to respond!

Conclusion:

Because of the mana shield of the 3rd skill the nerf can hit twice as hard and kill you on trivial bosses. Which shouldn't be possible on a class that took so much to get.

Ps. Since the nerf is a result of a lot of VHL users complaining i want to clarify that this is not me asking to undo the nerf or buffing it to VHL levels. This is adressing an issue thats a result of the nerf to the class which needs to be changed/ adjusted.
I do feel like there needs to be a future discussion about the total nerf since it was too harsh because of all the VHL complaints since the class does easily take 2/3 of the farming time and needs a seasonal pet + 1200 ac. However there are still too few players that already have LR in order to have this discussion.
AQW  Post #: 439
6/16/2019 4:54:49   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

he Problem:

The 3rd ability of the class (which is the HoT) has an intrinsic addition to the HoT: a 12 sec mana shield.
Which means that all dmg taken now depletes mana instead of lowering health. The combination of this perk and the nerf result in 1 major issue with the class: the moment you use it solo against a higher hp target/ boss and that boss crits you while the mana shield is active you are sometimes done for. This is because a higher crit can drain almost all mana while the abilities (which is the class main way to get mana back) are 30 mana minimum each! If the crit is at the start of the shield you sometimes have to go through 12 seconds of mana and health depletion while on auto-attack causing you to die while being unable to respond!

The only problem here is you not understanding how Arcane Shield works, you only lose 8 mana every time you get hit, no matter if you get hit for 0 (which is possible if you the enemy doesn't hit above certain amount) or you get hit for like a thousand.
Secondly, you literally have a skill that reduces the enemy's crit rate by 15% and even more after subsequent uses, which means you will never get crit in PvE, except for maybe 1 or 2 instances of enemies increasing their own crit rate.
Thirdly, Anathema halves your mana costs, making mana sustain even more trivial.

quote:

I do feel like there needs to be a future discussion about the total nerf since it was too harsh because of all the VHL complaints since the class does easily take 2/3 of the farming time and needs a seasonal pet + 1200 ac. However there are still too few players that already have LR in order to have this discussion.

It has been how long since LR's release? A little over 2 weeks and given LR has no daily restrictions and is mathematically quicker to get than VHL, enough people have gotten it and tested it out in various situations. The class also has Mage Regen, which combined with the insanely high crit rate, gives you most, if not all, if not more mana back than you spent, especially once Ars Arcanum from Anathema is active. A possible 8 mana loss every 2 seconds (more on stuff like Tibicenas who can attack quicker during Berserk and such), which given you have a dodge rate of ~50% and base mob miss chances, that's averagely barely even 8 mana loss per 4 seconds, you should never really feel the effect of Arcane Shield's mana loss in PvE (PvP is another story), unlike Royal Battlemage which has a fixed amount of mana gain. Mage with it's Arcane Shield should also not really notice this effect at higher levels, just to make a comparison to the other classes with this sort of effect.

Now after all that being said, yes, you can potentially lose 24 mana by getting hit by 3 things at once (which is a VERY low chance of even happening in the first place) and combine that with Anathema usually being the killing blow on lower HP targets, but in the very worst case scenario, you have to wait for an extra auto attack to gain enough mana and gain traction again, but that should happen so rarely that it''s not even worth mentioning. That's like saying VHL getting crit twice in a row and dying before it can get a solid HoT going makes it bad, when in reality it's just a very unlucky thing that happened and you shouldn't judge a class based on these rare instances. If it was more common, you could complain, but the times I have died to let's say Ultra Alteon (Chaos version) with VHL due to a couple early crits is like once every 50+ attempts, and doing back to Legion Revenant's supposed "mana problems", the only time you may encounter any sort of mana problems (which are a second or 2 setback, at worst) is if you get to use Depraved Empowerment more than you actually attack things combined with always killing stuff with Anathema, resulting in more mana use.

The class can also solo things that most other classes can't, although it's threshold to where it can comfortably solo is a lot lower than VHL, for sure, but it has nothing to do with mana ever being an issue and more due to the somewhat limited healing potentially giving you a hard time vs anything that can 1 or 2-shot you, which is ~2000+, and for a class not relying on cheesing boss fights with practically infinite dodging, it's probably 2nd or 3rd to VHL and Archpaladin and MAYBE Shadowscythe General, but also a lot faster than the latter 2.

There's more things to be said about LR, it's easily a contender for best overall class, if it isn't already that, but this was mostly just addressing of your complaint about Arcane Shield, which was never an issue to begin with.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 6/16/2019 6:50:17 >
AQW  Post #: 440
7/27/2019 4:38:53   
you stop

my my this has died quite a bit.

I just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on overall usage of Abyssal Angel vs Vampire Lord for the nth time.

So far I've been finding myself really disappointed with AA as of late. Personally this is more of a weird issue especially with a certain combat bug. If the ability has a side effect after hitting a mob, and that the mob dies in one shot, the side effect does not proc. This has been making me have inconsistent Haste buffs with Abyssal Angel which shouldn't really be an issue if this combat bug never existed. I realize there is a workaround where you can just click on a higher hp mob and expect 3 skill to work just fine.

I also realize that rather than calling the class bad, this is more of a code issue as well. But wherein, code issues can also make or break a class. An example being the old disconnection issue with Rogue and its clones, thereby leading to the changes in its 5. Wherein, Leprechaun, then, received an indirect buff that made it quite unique among the rest. This change has also hit VL in a sense.

But in any case, I just wanted to say is there even a point to keeping AA if I just casually find myself being disconnected due to my haste buff randomly expiring right on time as I am about to press 3 due to it not refreshing correctly? I don't know. So far I've been trying to getting used to VL again. I've had AA on for the longest time as my goto farming class and it sucks, really, having to wait a full minute due to some coding error.

I guess what I really wanted to ask here is that does anyone here have similar thoughts? Are there any other classes that make you casually disconnect? How does this affect your performance when farming or your mentality? Personally, I've decided to bank AA for good. I'm switching over to VL.
AQW  Post #: 441
8/21/2019 3:34:47   
ArchNero

Soooo, heavy metal necro. Class is not half bad, took a little while to figure this class out.

In my opinion if you want to get the most out of this class. You'd want to stack 5 until max stacks and have your health like around half or below half. And then go 2,5,3,4, and immediately repeat 2,5,3,4. What you wanna make sure, is that you don't let the forgone conclusion effect expire because you'll end up restoring a big chunk of your health which in return makes your nuke weaker. 2,5,3,4 until you're low on health or mana or both depending on whatever happened, and at that point on is when you let forgone conclusion expire to heal yourself back up to full and then use 5 to stack and lower your HP and do all the above steps again.

The damage potential of this class is pretty nice, my highest was a 39k crit on the nuke with only lightcaster support, granted this lightcaster I paired up with didn't heal spam too often.

If there was anything to improve this class, would maybe give one of the skills or add onto one of the passive skills an effect which decreases incoming healing from classes like archpaladin, and lighcaster at the very least, to take advantage of the nuke's mechanic of doing more damage when on lower health.
Post #: 442
8/21/2019 13:09:04   
Dante Redorigin

So is Heavy/Dark Metal Necro worth the investment? Cause its either 20 bucks for the VIP Collection or hours and hours to farm up 2600 individual item drops to merge into the farmable version and for a limited time event that's kind of ridiculous to make time for.

< Message edited by Dante Redorigin -- 8/21/2019 17:45:22 >
Post #: 443
8/21/2019 17:11:34   
iDreadnaut

I don't know if it's worth the investment, but it took me 8 hours to get the class.
I farmed everything in /kornconcert from scratch.
I farmed for Bronze and Silver coins in the room with a chest monster and three more enemies. Once I hit 602 coins (102 already merged in) for each of these two, I moved to another room to finish getting Gold coins (still needed 250 gold coins, also had already merged 102 coins), and then I moved to the boss room to get Platinum coins (still needed 250 plat coins, also had already merged 102 coins).
And finally, I just killed monsters in the far right room to get Dark Metal Ore.

Edit: The new class is quite good in solo situations.
Tried it against Ultra Alteon and kill times were comparable to VHL's, but overall more consistent because of the crit chance buffs.
However, even with increased crit chance and haste buff, I ran out of mana at some point.
~35sec fighting Ultra Alteon were enough to deplete almost all of my mana.
This could be worse in situations where there are more players fighting the same enemy, tho you'll probably have no time to build up your buffs in such situation anyway.
Normally, when you're trying to combo your buffs, you'll have enough time to cast a skill again in case of miss/dodge, however that's probably not gonna be possible under heavy lag situations.

So far, I think the class really excels in solo fights where enemies don't have too much HP (200k HP with NSoD, no awe enhancement).

< Message edited by iDreadnaut -- 8/21/2019 19:11:09 >
AQW  Post #: 444
8/22/2019 2:26:15   
Hells Elder Brother

Really nice class, takes time on how to use it properly, even when you try to debuff the enemy. And unlike Exalted Harbinger that is similar, this class really nukes and its better to delay Forgone Conclusion by just simply using 2 again to nuke at least once or twice, then heal back up.
And also, I made Nulgath crit 14 billion on me just for the fun of it

< Message edited by Hells Elder Brother -- 8/22/2019 2:29:27 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 445
8/23/2019 3:03:27   
Hardcastle McCormick

Just got back from a 4 month break, came back to farm for Dark Metal Necro (still working on it, seems not so bad; comparable to getting Vampire Lord, but a bit more RNG...)

I'm keeping the 2 loyalty classes that require loads of membership and ACs out of mind for now. Like Master of Moglins they're more of a side-bonus to buying a bunch of stuff.

I think I'm about 3 years out for High Seas Commander. Someone said it was like an enhanced Pirate class, which makes me wonder how it compares to Great Thief. I don't have Great Thief either but on the surface it seemed like a stronger Pirate.

@you stop
Ik this was nearly a month ago but now's as good a time as any to reply, I personally continue to alternate between AbA and VL. The issue with skills not proccing when you finish off an opponent is a problem loads of classes have. It just makes VL more versatile as it makes no difference whether you're fighting weak or tough enemies with that class.

Abyssal Angel compared to Vampire Lord

Cons:

-less effective for weak monsters since the haste buff won't always proc
-haste buff has a chance to whiff, especially in rooms with only 2 monsters
-less effective for farming with other players since it uses dodge-based mana regeneration
-has no offensive support like VL
-less effective without spiral carve and at lower levels due to reliance on crit chance
-not farmable...?

Pros:

-more tanky

While that may seem like a lot of cons, I find there are still enough situations with high-ish health enemies where AbA works about equally to VL, so I just alternate between them in those scenarios for the sake of variety.

Anyway, I haven't even begun the process of farming for Legion Revenant. I heard it was nerfed, but just wondering how it stands now against the other top farming classes? I used the test version for a few days but didn't get it to rank 10 before my membership expired. Even without the rank 10 it seemed pretty viable for farming, so I imagine it's still pretty decent now...
AQW  Post #: 446
8/24/2019 12:57:59   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Legion Revenant is a pretty great farming class, and also performs pretty well for soloing (I think). Like Abyssal Angel, it suffers a bit against low health mobs cause you need the healing skill for the buffs to prevent from running out of mana.

I'll be able to pick up Highseas Commander at the end of this year and Vampire Lord this October. I dunno if I'll ever farm Dark Metal Necro; I've lost most of my motivation for farming anything.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 447
8/25/2019 5:07:37   
HORRIOR

I feel like the Dark/Heavy Metal Necromancer could use more mana regen, in order to keep the rhythm going.

Maybe have it so that using Sacrificial Pact gives like 20 points of mana?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 448
8/25/2019 13:27:40   
Tyroniter

Just got started with the Dark Metal Necro grind, and I managed to get 20-30 of each coin fairly quickly before I realised that I wasn't getting any of the Dark Metal Ore required at all. Anyone know if I'm just having some bad luck or is it like very very very rare or something? 200 of this seems almost impossible if this is indeed a limited time event. How long is it even lasting for?
AQW  Post #: 449
8/25/2019 14:57:00   
Hardcastle McCormick

^Dark metal ore drops from different enemies than the other things. Basically if you're fighting in the central room with the treasure chest to get your coins, the dark metal ore drops from the stronger enemies in the room to the right. (you might not have realized they're different since they look identical to the weak enemies)

On that note, what ever happened to the farming discussion thread?
AQW  Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 18 of 21«<1617181920>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition