Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

LVL 130 character advice needed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> LVL 130 character advice needed
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/13/2020 2:14:38   
Killeu`

Hello! I returned after 10 years to play active ( in rest was just entering once in a year,but did not buy nothing).
I will need a full advice for the best equipment for my character and other usefull advices. I am now lvl 128, but soon will be lvl 130.
I have 200 STR,200 DEX,200 LUCK,40 END ( 10 years ago this was a pure warrior build ). I do not want to change my build.
Here is my character page to see my equipment: https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=60074133
P.S. I am interested in best equipment. Does not count if they look bad, counts the more damage of weapons, more protection and attack for armor, more protection from shields,best animals to attack with 0 CHA, and best misc.

Thank you!

< Message edited by Killeu` -- 5/13/2020 3:38:19 >
AQ  Post #: 1
5/13/2020 3:50:32   
Primate Murder

Welcoma back!

First of all, I'd like to mention that the stat cap has been raised to 250 - meaning that even if you plan to stay a warrior, it might be best to max out your Str and Dex.

Second, the subraces (outside of dracopyre) have been updated! Werewolf is still the best option for warriors due to Str/Dex drives, qc Fear infliction and an sp-costing 2x damage Beast Form - so go to Darkovia, complete the advanced subrace quest and get your subrace transformation as a second no-drop armor!

Before getting into equipment, I should probably mention that the current meta focuses on stun-locking the monster, then crushing it with powerful elecomped skills. For more detailed advice on available meta strategies, you may want to visit the AQWiki page.

Finally, before anything else, you should go to Guardian Tower and pick up Essence Orb. It's one of the most useful items in the game, able to convert your hp into sp (without costing a turn!), allowing you to spam various skills and effects every single turn.

Now, without further ado:

Weapons

As a werewolf, you have way too many useful darkness options to keep it as your no-drop. Instead, I suggest switching to wind, as the best wind weapons are rare or premium. You might also want to align your Awe special to PWD to get that sweet, sweet 4% chance of instantly killing the monster.

Blazing Bloodzerker sword (from Rare GGBs) is pretty much indisputed as the best fire weapon for FO builds, as it pays a small hp cost to deal +20% damage.

Water has two really nice weapons. Quenching Bloozerker sword is a water copy of the Blazing one, while the updated Kindred sword has a chargable autohit.

MagnaBlade is the only remaining weapon in the game that gives you +30% damage (at the expense of taking +25/1.4% damage).

Terra Bloodzerker sword is an earth clone of the Blazing one.

Royal Voidrender toggles to deal harm damage.

For light,you can either grab Lumenomancer Bloodblade (functionally a clone of the Bloodzerker swords) or one of the weapons with a compressed skill (which pairs really nicely with werewolf's Beast Form or Bloodzerker armor toggles) - Zabura's Hammer (sacrifices some damage for a blind effect), Morningstar Cross (100-proc, so deals less damage in FO armors) or the Gauntlet of Xano (coming back this week).

As a werewolf, you get some great synergy with Terror Eater. Use Snarl to inflict qc fear, equip CIT (and any other buffs you may want), change to Beast Form / Bloodzerker toggle, and click to Eat Fear for some really nice high damage numbers. If you're unwilling to spend the tokens, Jalek's Panic Reaver can eat fear to gain accuracy and increase your LS rate. If you want something simpler, Agony's Embrace gives you a 15% damage bonus (at the expense of taking +15/1.4% more).

Armors

The current meta focuses on armors with powerful elelocked skills. Outside of stackables like Kindred Strike or Eat Fear, there's nothing stronger than old standard armors, which have literally op elecomp, that elecomp goes to damage - and they are even CIT-boostable! Right now we have 3 non-rare, non-premium old standard armors: White Knight Z (light), Horo Show (ice) and Taladosian (energy).

Next up on the power scale are Bloodzerkers (Blazing, Quenching and Terra), which pay a small hp cost to deal +20% damage and have a toggle that locks your attacks to 2x armor element damage. They are URs though, so if you don't have any to spare, just grab Torontosaurus Rex and WHEEL, using your werewolf transformation as your earth armor.

Wind doesn't really have anything good that not rare or premium, so just use Rage Beast (elemental werewolf variant).

Angel of Souls has a weapon-based darkness skill which costs hp (instead of sp), making it easily spammable.

Finally, worth at least a storage slot are two utility armors:

Whispering Raiment gives you +105 initiative, increasing your chances of going first (as long as you level assassin class to at least 5).

Kindred can stack charges to unleash an up to 6x damage skill which follows your weapon element and can be boosted by CIT. The really broken part comes from the fact that the charges carry over between battles - meaning you can spend 5 minutes with Combat Trainer, then unleash a barrage of Kindred Strikes to break nearly any boss in the game.

Shields

At your level, you really need a shield to cover every element.

Cerberus Ward compresses fire/dark, which allows you to fit in CIT - a shield that makes your weapon-based attacks and skills deal *1.5 damage.

Kindred shield charges up a qc sp heal. Alternatively, Celtic Wheel has an Int drive, giving you the mp for a single cast of Moonwalker's Grace.

There are several good options for ice. Horo Show heals sp on block. Cryo Chrono has a chance to stun the monster on block. Pies has a Cha drive to increase the efficiency of your pets and guest.

Golem Guard has an sp-cost toggle to reduce the damage you take.

Taladosian shield has a passive small chance to reduce the damage you take. If you plan to use the Mutant Egg pet, Umazen Aspis would be a better choice with its Paralysis potency.

If you find yourself with a spare UR, get Golden Dragon Head shield for a boost to your LS rate. Otherwise, Scarab Shell has a toggle to lower monster MRM, which would increase the accuracy of all your attacks.

Spells

Your first UR priorities are the Thernda and Dunamis guests. They don't attack, but they boost the damage of your Ranged and Melee attacks using Dex and Str respectively. If you don't have the URs, Essence of Carnage also gives you a ranged/melee damage boost alongside a Backlash - but it uses Cha for stats.

Purple Rain is one of the most meta spells in the game. It acts as a saving point - you cast it once, stack all your buffs and debuffs, then cast it again to regain all sp/mp/hp spent.

Moonwalker's Grace is a qc Dex booster.

Edoc Imanok gives you a qc MRM boost, increasing your blocking for 2 turns.

Arms of the Dragonguard are not qc, but they make your next attack a guaranteed Lucky Strike.

Imbues can be pretty op. They are qc, change the element of your next weapon-based attack or skill (not spell!) and often have some other nifty benefits - Fire Dragon Talon deals +50% damage, Dragonslayer Aura deals void damage against dragons (nice synergy with Dracomorgify), Terror Fist gives you a darkness nuke and has great synergy with Terror Eater or Jalek's.

If you like damage SPells, Warmaster's Burst (fire and wind) pays an extra hp cost to deal +50% damage. There are also some generic damage SPells that use Str, but you'll deal asmuch if not more damage in Beast Form, so there's no real reason to keep them.

Burning Question is a really niche spell, inflicting a Burn that also harms monster's sp.

Pets

The best pets would be Dunamis and Thernda, but they're premium ($50 each). In their absence, you'd want pets that have useful or unique effects:

Underwyrmling is the only pet able to harm monster's sp.

Kindred pet gathers charges - enough to autohit with the Kindred sword every turn, even at 0 Cha. Alternatively, you may want to pick up Mutant Egg pet from Grenwog before that goes rare for its paralysis infliction. Incidentally, that would also be the best choice for wind and energy elements.

Frost Effigy has a chance to inflict Freeze, giving it great synergy with any fire nukes.

Morningstar pet has a toggle to inflict EleVuln or DefLoss, increasing the damage or accuracy of your attacks. Eventually you'll wantto replace him with WoolZard, but it'll be a while until it comes back.

For light, your target pet is Lepre-Chaun (light damage booster), but it only comes back on Blarney. Until then, Fairy Godmother can be toggled to heal you. If you like your werewolf armor's Bleed attack, Scarab may also be a nice option.

Model 294 inflicts EleVuln.

Miscs

As mentioned above, your first priority is Essence Orb to fuel your sp skills.

Shadowfeeder Pendant is one of the best meta enablers in the game, giving you qc celerity (which is free, if used in the Purple Rain loop). Love Potion (qc control) is also incredibly good for meta, but it only comes back on Snugglefest.

Minotaur's Pride is a great damage booster for your melee attacks.

Goggernaut Helm is a cheap misc that boosts the accuracy of every attack on the field (without the ususal /2 for spells). Not good synergy with on-block shields, but great for increasing the accuracy of your attacks and pets.

Bell Shell heals a bit of your hp based on damage dealt. The heal is less than CoRS', but it also doesn't reduce your damage, so it's an overall better choice for FO builds.

Terror Visage increases your Snarl's chances of inflicting Fear.

The updated Morningstar Helm gives you immunity to paralysis.

Frostgale's Remorse gives you ice/wind damage boost, extra Dex and increased chances of inflicting paralysis with Mutant Egg pets.

Hope the info's useful and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 5/13/2020 3:59:02 >
AQ DF  Post #: 2
5/13/2020 8:44:12   
Killeu`

Thank you very much! Will be back with questions when I have :). Now I am lvl 129 in a few days 130 .
AQ  Post #: 3
5/13/2020 13:05:13   
Legendary Ash

Tyrannochicken Rex Rider for Elecomp Wind skill from Grenwog's Egg Turn in Shops, Grenwog should leave by next week's release
AQ  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> LVL 130 character advice needed
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition