Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Is there a place where people can ask for help with stats and stat allocations

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Is there a place where people can ask for help with stats and stat allocations
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/11/2020 10:47:54   
tman2177

Not really sure if there is a designated place for people to ask for help with their stat points or not, but I would like a second opinion on my experimental build.
https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=18311759

If there isn't already a place for people to go to ask for help with stats, I think making one would be a good idea, just my two cents.

"Now you. You can call me Ann Marie. But only if you're partial to being flayed alive and having an angry immortal skip rope with your entrails. If not... Then call me Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness. Charmed."
-- Sheogorath
AQ  Post #: 1
7/11/2020 14:58:28   
Primate Murder

I would suggest pulling some points from Dex and/or Luck to max out Str and Int. At 200 Int you don't have enough mp for 4 spellcasts, and overall having your MainStat maxed out helps both in damage dealing and status infliction.

The current meta focuses on stun-locking the monster, then beating them with powerful elecomped skills, so that's what I'll be focusing on. Check out Commonly Used Strategies page if you want to see more powerful synegies and meta tactics.

Finally, before going after anything else, I highly recommend picking up Essence Orb. This misc allows you to convert hp into sp without costing a turn - and that allows you to spam skills and nukes basically every turn!

Now, without further ado:

Weapons

The best energy weapons are currently rare - so make Energy your no-drop element. Most FO builds also align their Awe special to PWD for that 4% insta-kill chance.

Bloodzerker Sword series from the Rare GGB are easily among the top weapons in the game, as they pay a minor hp cost for a 20% damage bonus. There's also Lorekeeper's Oath in LTS, which toggles to deal harm damage.

Water actually has quite a few good weapon options. There's a Hydromancer Bloodblade (a functional clone of the Bloodzerker Blades, great for both attacks and spellboosting), the revamped Kindred sword for a chargable autohit and Blade of Thronful Rose from your Vault that has a clickable skill for Bloodzerker / Beast Form synergy.

The best wind weapon is premium, so youmight as well keep the Airenal sword.

MagnaBlade is the only remaining weapon in the game that gives you +30% damage (at the expense of taking +25/1.4% damage).

Terra Bloodzerker sword is an earth clone of the Blazing one. There's also the recently revamped Troll Club with a Berserk toggle, which deals even more damage, but at the expense of your accuracy.

Your Zealot's Wrath is great as a standalone weapon. Another option would be the Morningstar Cross. Being 100-proc, it's slightly subpar for regular armor attacks, but you can click on it for a 2x damage weapon skill, which has great synergy with Bloodzekrer armor toggles.

If you didn't get Lorekeeper's Oath, Voidsplinter Tether or Sunderer give you a source of harm damage. Otherwise, Agony's Embrace gives you a 15% damage bonus.

Armors

Blazing Bloodzerker pays a small hp cost to deal +20% damage and has a toggle that locks your attacks to 2x armor element damage - great synergy with Morningstar Cross or Blade of Thornful Rose.

Hydromancer Bloodmage (your Vault) deals +50% damage with all spells for an hp cost and compresses a powerful water spell of its own.

Grenwog Rider from UR GGBs toggles between wind and earth forms and has skills for both of those elements. Wind skill in wind form GR has a fairly high elecomp, making it one of the better wind nukes. Alternatively, just use the Golden Horror werepyre variant.

Horo Show (also in your Vault) is an old standard armor, meaning it has a skill with a really op elecomp bonus to damage. Alternatively, there's a Cryomancer Bloodmage in URs.

Earth has a Terra Bloodzerker.

Your Taladosian robes are still the strongest for energy,

Depending on whether you prefer skillcasting or spellcasting, you can choose Lumenomancer Bloodmage or White Knight Z (strongest old standard armor).

Your subrace transformation should cover darkness.

Shields

Grakma is fairly good, and Celtic is still the best, so keep those.

Fujin set shield has a Dex drive, increasing the accuracy of all your attacks.

There are quite a few good ice shields, but the one I would recommend is probably Pies. Its Cha drive would provide a small, but useful boost to your pets, as well as a slight damage boost via dunamis/poe guests.

Chieftain's Ironthorn has been updated. It no longer gives the op *1.5 damage boost, but it does function as a top-level earth shield and has a Str drive to increase your damage.

Golden Dragon Head shield gives a boost to your LS rate. Otherwise, Scarab Shell has a toggle to lower monster MRM, which would increase the accuracy of all your attacks.

There's nothing particularly outstanding for darkness, so just get Lantern of Souls for a small chance to autoblock any hit,

Spells

Your first UR priorities are Summon Poelala and Call Dunamis spells. They summon guests that deal no damage, but boosts the power of your Magic and Melee attacks respectively.

There's not much point in using pure damage spells - your armor skills, and even just weapon attacks in werepyre Beast Form would deal as much if not more damage. Maybe pick up D-Burst for use in Cryomancer/Lumenomancer Bloodmages.

Archmage Research or Runic Binding can give you a source of harm damage if you couldn't fit one into your weapon slots.

Sizzler Splosion deals less damage than a standard earth spell, but autohits - which may come in useful against high MRM wind mobs.

Purple Rain is one of the most useful meta spells, to the point where there's an entire strategy build around it (see Purple Rain Loop in Commonly Used Strategies linked above). It acts as a save point - cast it once to save your current sp/mp/hp, then cast all your buffs and debuffs, then cast Purple Rain again to return your sp/mp/hp back.

Imbues are certainly worth a look, They change the element of your next weapon attack or skill (not spell!) to a different element and often come withother nifty benefits. For example, you can use Fire Dragon Talon on Horo Show nuke to deal fire element with +50% damage bonus, Dragonslayer Aura to deal Void damage against dragons (great synergy with Dracomorgify), or use Terror Fist with WKZ to get a powerful darkness nuke with some CC utility.

Keep the Furious Trobble - it may come in handy for the PR loop.

Pets

Poelala pet is one of your first UR priorities. Keep it equipped whenever you attack with magical weapons.

Dunamis pet is, unfortunately,premium, so here are some utility and effect options in its place:

Underwyrmling is the only pet in the game that can attack monster sp.

Kindred pet can gather charges for your Kindred sword.

Frozen Effigy can toggle to Freeze the monster, great synergy with any fire nukes.

When the Void rotation circles back to it in a few weeks, you'll want to pick up WoolZard, a pet that toggles between inflicting Sleep and EleVuln and can increase the infliction chances for an sp cost. Until then, the best choice would be Fu Dog with a petrification toggle that saves against Cha.

For light, your final goal would be Lepre-Chan, a booster pet that enhances all your light attacks, but it only comes back on Blarney. Until then, either the Osiris cat or the Fairy Godmother can do the job.

Model 294 toggles to inflict EleVuln, increasing the damage of all your darkness attacks.

Miscs

Your first priority would be Essence Orb, as mentioned above.

Shadowfeeder Pendant is one of the best meta enablers - by clicking on it, you can get qc celerity; great synergy with Purple Rain and any elecomped nukes. When Snugglefest comes back, you'll also want to pick up Love Potion for qc control.

Goggernaut Helm is a cheap accuracy misc that boosts the accuracy of every attack on the field, including your pets, and doesn't /2 for spells and spell-based skills.

For damage, Irt of Osiris or Murderator Gauntlet (Str, Int, Cha and chance to control) work rather nicely. There's also the Grakma Warhorn with a Berserk toggle (damage at expense of accuracy - but no /2 for spells).

Bell Shell heals a bit of your hp based on damage dealt. The heal is less than CoRS', but it also doesn't reduce your damage, making it an overall better choice for FO builds.

Resistance miscs have grown rather obsolete, as you tend to kill the monster long before they actually make a difference. If you want a safety net, get Cyclops' Eye to cover all the elements.

Hope the info's useful and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
AQ DF  Post #: 2
7/11/2020 15:10:20   
tman2177

Thank you for the help and the feedback, I really do appreciate it. Just picked up a new set of armor, the demon warrior, for it's fire/dark mashup of resistances. Working on the underworld saga at present to see what kind of weapons and armor I might be able to pick up.
I do appreciate the help with the items and equipment as well, I know I don't have very good stuff, I just don't know where to find any of it. I come here to find out where to get the gear I need but the problem is I don't really know what I need, I find things that I think might be useful and try to get those items.

Made some changes to my stats. Will post a link to my character page here: https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=18311759
Haven't really had a chance to go after any of those items yet, but I am working on it. Let me know what you think of this new build, but, prior to finding this site, I only had sites like this to go on https://sites.google.com/site/ubearaq/hybrid/lucky.

**UPDATE**
Essence orbs only last one battle?! Those items seem quite useless imo......

Posts merged, please do not double post. Use the Edit button instead.

Also please only use your signature once per page.

< Message edited by Digital X -- 7/12/2020 19:23:26 >

"Now you. You can call me Ann Marie. But only if you're partial to being flayed alive and having an angry immortal skip rope with your entrails. If not... Then call me Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness. Charmed."
-- Sheogorath
AQ  Post #: 3
7/12/2020 12:34:00   
tman2177

Made some changes to my stats. Will post a link to my character page here: https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=18311759
Haven't really had a chance to go after any of those items yet, but I am working on it. Let me know what you think of this new build, but, prior to finding this site, I only had sites like this to go on https://sites.google.com/site/ubearaq/hybrid/lucky.

**UPDATE**
Essence orbs only last one battle?! Those items seem quite useless imo......

< Message edited by Digital X -- 7/12/2020 19:23:37 >
AQ  Post #: 4
7/12/2020 13:33:13   
RobynJoanne

The Adventure Quest Wiki is the best resource to understand the current game. Ubear's site has been outdated for years since he has stopped playing the game while Primate Murder gives more directed advice.

Werepyre essentially precludes the use of other armors for the most part because of the huge loss in bth otherwise. You can use them, but you will need bth boosters like Moonwalker's Grace or the New Year's Surprise Spells/Skills to achieve adequate accuracy against more dodgy enemies. Otherwise, following Primate Murder's advice will help you form a solid base upon which you can later experiment.

How are you using Essence Orb? It is only meant to be clicked on to convert HP to SP. It has no other active effects.
Post #: 5
7/12/2020 16:33:19   
tman2177

What happened is I added it to my inventory and clicked on it in a battle in the triple challenge, got a nice bonus, bur after that, disappeared from my inventory. But it just reappeared in the bottom of my inventory when I had 11 other miscs so I didn't see it in my inventory.

< Message edited by Digital X -- 7/12/2020 19:23:46 >
AQ  Post #: 6
7/12/2020 16:56:53   
Legendary Ash

The first eight slots in each equipment category are available in battles, starting from the ninth those items are in storage and don't appear in battles.
When moving items, their positions are finalized via a save button, if you didn't click on it prior to a purchasing/selling/leaving shop action, those inventory changes are not registered.
AQ  Post #: 7
7/12/2020 17:21:18   
tman2177

I know and I had it in slot 5, I think, before the battle so when I went to the second battle, it was no longer there but went to the bottom of my inventory.

< Message edited by Digital X -- 7/12/2020 19:23:52 >
AQ  Post #: 8
7/16/2020 4:55:53   
tman2177

Made some improvements to my character I will link my character page here: https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=18311759
I would appreciate any help, suggestions, info :)

-- Sheogorath
AQ  Post #: 9
7/16/2020 7:24:54   
joac1144

You'll want to use the Werepyre armors with those stats.
AQ  Post #: 10
7/16/2020 11:37:26   
tman2177

I was considering taking 50 points from STR, INT, and LUK and putting them into END, but I don't know whether or not that would be a good move and I really don't want to train these stats up again. I've trained them up to 250 like 5 times now.

-- Sheogorath
AQ  Post #: 11
7/16/2020 16:46:32   
Legendary Ash

If a build needs to resort to shifting stats to End in order to win battles, it indicates that there is a problem with build-equipment synergy, and the issue would be accuracy since the build should have been paired with Werepyre armors.

Wicked King and Geocastellum are Defensive Lean while the other Armors are Offensive Lean, there is a lack of synergy between weapon proc and Lean.
Reaper is a Ranged weapon, which without Dex loses the majority of its BtH, a Melee weapon is a better choice as it would benefit from Str's BtH.
Iron Golem is a defensively weaker option than Morningstar Emblem that should be sold.
AQ  Post #: 12
7/16/2020 17:03:31   
RobynJoanne

As Ash states, End, while powerful from a game mechanics perspective, is a generally unnecessary stat for well-built characters outside niche builds. Primate Murder has provided a good template to start with, with the exception that Werepyre armors should be used for all elements. If you gain more knowledge about the game, you can change the equipment choices, but before then, sticking with what is recommended will be far better than the mishmash character you currently have.
Post #: 13
7/16/2020 19:25:51   
tman2177

Ok, so go to the werepyre shop and buy more armors and sell some of the unneeded gear. Any helpful suggestions on weapons shields and miscs?

-- Sheogorath
AQ  Post #: 14
7/16/2020 22:41:24   
Legendary Ash

Whispering Raiment for +105 Initiative when equipped before battle starts

Morningstar Bulwark
Moonfang Omen Shield from Hairy Situation/ Emancipator's Radiance for +20 Blind Potence from The Last Umazen City
Bloodfang Omen Shield from Red Fog/ Eclipse Shield/ Lunar Eclipse Shield when Eclipses occur
Sell Ikm, Lantern and Geo

Imanok Edoc
Sell BBQ to Seal, Fan, Blue, Water and store Demo

Floating Pie/ Keyote from The Void's rotation/ Underwyrmling from Escape the Wicked King
Cephalopod
Disgusting Eye Spy/ Gym Rat from The Waning of Famine on November
Pikazard from Frogzard Hunter shop in Battleon
Skele-Brain a toggle to inflict Paralysis Darkness pet from Chessmaster: Dark Tidings
Sell Glador, Demon, 292, Reincarnation and Golem

Defensive/Offensive
Dead-Eye Straight/ Regenerative Spritzer updated to last until log out
Grakma Harbinger from Mecha Knight
Kamohoali'i Jaw returns on August's Shark week
Father's Day Sock returns on June's Father's day
Void Visor for lower upkeep due to lower blocking and no End compared to Horo variant
Elahi Irt of Osiris
Mecha Knight Power Core from Mecha Knight
Shadowfeeder Pendant
Essence Orb
Offensive - swap out with resist miscs whose element is sometimes not needed in quests with less enemy elements
Greater Water Orb
Frostgale's Remorse from Mistral's Request
Legendary Shadow Crystal V1: Minotaur
Sell Seal, Visor, Eye, Iron and store Crystal, Mask, Emblem, Pendant
AQ  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Is there a place where people can ask for help with stats and stat allocations
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition