Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= New Faction Simplifications and Changes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Faction Simplifications and Changes
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/1/2012 15:00:35   
goldslayer1

<snip> Do not quote post directly above you. ~Scakk

actually, the players yes. the facton no. i still see those fsctions with flag capture all time and stuff.
and now they are reaching high lvls via high amount of flag captures.

< Message edited by Scakk -- 6/1/2012 15:46:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 76
6/1/2012 15:04:54   
goldslayer1

@death

please, name any other faction who mustered over 300k tokens when the faction is only 2 weeks old. and took 4 flags.

EDIT: sarcasm noted.

< Message edited by Scakk -- 6/1/2012 15:46:55 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 77
6/1/2012 15:33:03   
Santa ClawZz

If the flag you desire is owned by the best faction in EpicDuel and you go dump 200k in it
YOU'RE dumb basically... (I tried putting it nicely >.>)

I meant generally. I didn't say it towards any certain player/faction.
AQW Epic  Post #: 78
6/1/2012 15:34:27   
Calogero

@ VIX

May I have a quote as in where CAD is being mentioned??
This might come to a shock to you but Not everything is about CAD...

Our Suggestions were ' In General ' and not Focused to 1 faction.

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
6/1/2012 15:41:31   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@vix From what I've seen, no one once mentioned CAD by name. All the suggestions made were aimed at high end factions in general that held a huge advantage over newer made factions.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
6/1/2012 15:42:51   
VIX

i know my self and i'm proud of what im doing. i've never done anything wrong in ED to be shame. if i wasn't a great leader CaD wouldn't be in this position in-game.

@ Calogero: wow nice ok i'm shocked.

@The ND Mallet Guy: when people start talking about our flag and our 200k tokens that we donated them at oz. then it's 100% related to CAD or i'm wrong?

-VIX

- Post edited to remove unnecessary content
M4B

< Message edited by Melissa4Bella -- 6/1/2012 18:32:05 >
Epic  Post #: 81
6/1/2012 15:44:07   
  RabbleFroth

Keep the discussion relevant to the information I posted at the beginning, everyone.

We're looking for feedback about upcoming Faction changes, and we need your ideas and concerns in order to do this right. The discussion started off wonderfully, let's get back to that.

Any more off-topic or inflammatory posts will be deleted.

< Message edited by RabbleFroth -- 6/1/2012 15:45:25 >
Post #: 82
6/1/2012 15:45:28   
Algorithm

I look forward to these revamps, hopefully they'll make factions more appealing.

< Message edited by Scakk -- 6/1/2012 15:48:19 >
Post #: 83
6/1/2012 15:46:59   
Santa ClawZz

How about Faction Wars? It's a bit too soon, but ideas can't hurt.

My idea for Faction Wars would be that you can't fight NPCs for wins (if it would be overall influence) and you can't fight players directly. You can only blow War Bombs or fire War Kills.

That would be real competition.

< Message edited by Santa ClawZz -- 6/1/2012 15:52:41 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 84
6/1/2012 16:03:38   
comicalbike

santa clanZz very good idea as long as the bombs don't cost varium as its a fun game not a money game
Epic  Post #: 85
6/1/2012 16:05:11   
Santa ClawZz

No no no! The bombs HAVE to cost varium. Probably 10,000 varium per bomb so everyone can compete.
AQW Epic  Post #: 86
6/1/2012 16:08:46   
rej

quote:

We are not aloud to quote posts directly above our own comments? Hmm, I guess you learn something every day.

If the way that flags are taxed is to be redesigned, then a low tax should definitely be applied to the 2nd and 3rd place factions on the flag every hour. Having a tax that only applies to the 1st place faction encourages several factions to form a coalition on the flag and pass it among themselves without other factions even having a remote chance of taking it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 87
6/1/2012 16:16:40   
goldslayer1

quote:

im sorry scakk, i do this so that the person im replying to doesn't get confused as to what im talking about.

we already have players who dont read right.
i cant begin to imagine what would happen if they dont know what specific part we're replying at.

quote:

No no no! The bombs HAVE to cost varium. Probably 10,000 varium per bomb so everyone can compete.

u know whats very hypocritical. when its something related to money players having an advantage. ur all for it.

but when its for a faction thats been around a long time and they do something like take a flag. ur against it.

ohh the irony.

@rabble
to improve factions, team mode and juggernaut should receive 3 times the influence that 1 vs 1 gives.
because those modes take about 3 times as long to do a battle. the same should apply with tokens.

2 vs 2 factions have a hard time because 2 tokens a battle doesn't cut it.
40 wins per hour is the average for 1 vs 1.
i dont see anyone doing 20 wins an hour for team or juggernaut. so they should be increase to 3 tokens for those. this would help to make it fair and balance the rewards by time between the modes.

on top of that. since 1 vs 1 has NPCs.
i think team and juggernaut should also recieve some NPCs that they can fight only 5 times per hour. (5 X 3 tokens = 15 tokens. which the same u would get from solo mode NPCs)

me persobnally, im up for npcs in team and juggernaut. however i dont play those modes very often. so players who do this every day (like all time players) might be against it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 88
6/1/2012 16:22:25   
Santa ClawZz

Is that called being hypocritical or just having different opinions Goldy? :)

I like that my money gives me the best service there is. I want even better services for higher prices I pay. Is that wrong? Is it wrong that I don't support no-lifing EpicDuel?
AQW Epic  Post #: 89
6/1/2012 16:31:32   
DeathGuard

quote:

@RabbleFroth: Between, I want to talk a serious issue about factions. My faction Xx Fuerza Latina xX hasn't been awarded with some WDs We have won back in the past *before the war meter was taken out* and I claim for those to be recognized for us, many mods know about this issue since my founder talk and claim about them, so you got any fix or at least award for those WDs we have won legit but weren't awarded? We work hard for those WDs and it is not fair that it hasn't been solved. Many factions have had the same issue also.

Rabblefroth, mind answering my last post?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 90
6/1/2012 16:51:39   
goldslayer1

quote:

Is that called being hypocritical or just having different opinions Goldy? :)

we aren't so different after all.
u want the way u dominate to be fair. and we want the way we dominate to be fair.
different views for different topics. but the same cause.

quote:

I like that my money gives me the best service there is. I want even better services for higher prices I pay. Is that wrong? Is it wrong that I don't support no-lifing EpicDuel?

and i want factions to be fair. not make newer faction stronger. (which doesn't make sense either)
is it wrong that i dont support active factions be handicapped just to give new factions a chance?

factions that start new, is just that, new. they have to work their way up the ladder just like CAD had to when we started.
and gain expirience, save tokens, and stuff.

i just cant believe people say they have no chance at all.
they do have a chance. maybe not at the flag with 200k tokens in it. but they sure do have a chance at the flag with 25k tokens in it.
may take them a month or 2 of saving tokens. but they can do it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 91
6/1/2012 16:55:08   
King Helios

Tokens should be easier to get, I'm the only one in my faction with over 500 tokens donated.

[image] http://s421.photobucket.com/user/metalmario1/media/The-Dread-War-Legion-Sig_zps7b2c8a27.jpg [/image]
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
6/1/2012 17:01:26   
Santa ClawZz

@GoldSlayer2

I don't support no-lifing, you do. You support "fairness".

I think Factions should be free to make and should be given 10,000 tokens as a gift to start off with. (considering the idea of all the tokens being dumped into one place and then the leader putting them on a flag).

Also, I suggest that maximum tokens a flag can have is 99,999 tokens. More is unfair to new factions. They need to compete a bit after all.
AQW Epic  Post #: 93
6/1/2012 17:04:58   
King Helios

^Too many (the +10K).

Flag by Vault has under 30K.

< Message edited by Duel Domination -- 6/1/2012 17:05:53 >
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
6/1/2012 17:08:40   
Santa ClawZz

Oh yes, you're right. New factions should be given 30,000 tokens to start off, as a gift.
AQW Epic  Post #: 95
6/1/2012 17:28:36   
goldslayer1

quote:

You're against money. I wonder how you make living.

What is ironic anyway? Opinions? Opposite ones?

im against money being able to be the main power option for everything in epicduel.
and the ironic part. if u dont understand it im not gonna bother explaining it.

quote:

Yes, because one faction is making new factions unable to compete. So yep, make flags have a maximum capacity of 100,000 tokens. No more. Or 99,999. Whatever Goldy prefers.

Really though? 60,000 tokens in 1 month by any faction? That means 2,000 wins DAILY WITHOUT A SINGLE EXCEPTION?!

its not that hard. just have ur members do 100 wins a day. for a month.
and tada.
im thinking of writting a guide for newbies. so they can learn how to take a flag aswell.

maybe ill show u the guide when i make it ;)

quote:

BUT! All that hard work for ONLY 200,000 tokens? Meh. Meh.

ONLY, is what the flag says ;)

quote:

Yes, that's where you're killing the competition. Monopolizing the game. Tsk tsk tsk.

i guess paying for frysteland war hero isn't anywhere near killing competition.

perhaps we should add a "instant win" button on each battle that costs 100 varium.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/1/2012 17:30:43 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 96
6/1/2012 17:35:43   
  RabbleFroth

To answer a few questions I've seen:

2v2 and Juggernaut matches will give more Influence than 1v1. We're not sure how much Influence will be given for anything yet, but we'll try to keep it fair for every battle mode.

quote:

Rabblefroth, mind answering my last post?

This isn't really relevant to the new systems, but I don't believe we'll retroactively award WDs, I'm sorry to say. HOWEVER, we did just rebuild the way they are awarded to prevent them from either being awarded more than once, or not at all. So hopefully missed or duplicate WDs will no longer be an issue.

On Flags:
There has also been a lot of discussion regarding Flags. We're not 100% sure how Flags are going to work with this system, but what we're thinking now is that Flags should provide a benefit to established, continuously active Factions by giving them extra Influence, and will be one aspect of the system that will not reset at the end of the day. We will want to have some kind of tax on them, however, to force the controlling faction to actively fight to keep control of them. We also don't want newer or smaller Factions to see Flags as completely unattainable goals.

Keep in mind too that we could completely change how Flags work, so don't focus too much on the tiny details about them.
Post #: 97
6/1/2012 17:49:48   
Melissa4Bella
AmeSylph

I'm re-opening this thread now since it has been cleaned up. I'd like to give a few reminders here about what this thread about.

quote:

Illuminator specifically said:

I have removed several posts that were off topic. This thread is for discussing the list of ideas in the first post and possibly coming up with new ideas that would improve factions. Keep discussion to that. Use PMs to have personal discussions with people.

quote:

Also RabbleFroth plainly stated:

Keep the discussion relevant to the information I posted at the beginning, everyone.

We're looking for feedback about upcoming Faction changes, and we need your ideas and concerns in order to do this right. The discussion started off wonderfully, let's get back to that.

Any more off-topic or inflammatory posts will be deleted.

I advise everyone to carefully read what is quoted and follow the examples. There will be no tolerance for purposely breaking the rules by trolling, flaming and arguing with your fellow players. Courtesy is not a request.

< Message edited by Melissa4Bella -- 6/1/2012 18:49:02 >
AQ DF  Post #: 98
6/4/2012 15:16:45   
  RabbleFroth

Posted an update regarding our plans with Faction Cannons.

Still looking for any more comments, suggestions, or questions but as stated, keep it civil and helpful. :)
Post #: 99
6/4/2012 15:43:55   
Xendran

"With the new changes we do not want to present a pay to win mechanic "

You mean like EXP boosters, token boosters, varium equipment, promo packs, and the old cannon system?
This game is an extreme pay2win game as long as those last two things are in the game. The first two are on the brink of acceptable and can be up for debate, but as long as varium gear remains exclusively available to paying players, epicduel is a pay2win game.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 6/4/2012 15:45:03 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Faction Simplifications and Changes
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition