General Farming Tips
- Farm together! - Take advantage of the fact that this is a MMORPG. Farm with friends, host parties or join them by using the =AQW= Let's Party! Thread in the AQWorlds General Discussion forum. Farming together prevents monotony.
- Consider team composition (if farming in a party) - This is especially important and necessary when farming bosses which deal heavy damage and have special abilities such as Binky, Blood Titan, Undead Raxgore, etc. Coordinate ahead of time and relegate roles, such as damage and support, accordingly. Do not underestimate the value of a good support class while farming. Support classes and their skills are extremely versatile, able to increase damage done by allies, buff the group's defense, nerf the monster's hit chance, and more. Player buff skills stack ADDITIVELY with one another, and enemy debuff skills stack ADDITIVELY with one another, but player buff and enemy debuff skills stack MULTIPLICATIVELY with one another. Thus, support classes play a key role in increasing farming speed. The next subsection lists a few recommended classes for such roles.
- Use the best locations - Do the research and choose the best location for farming, or let others do the research. This is why this guide exists.
- Enhance properly - Almost goes without saying, but use the highest-leveled enhancements available, and have equipment in all 4 slots (weapon, class, helm, and cape) to maximize stat points to increase farming speed. Even more importantly, select the correct enhancements/build (including the Awe enhancements), for the class being used and its intended purpose. For example, Wizard enhancements can be used with Oracle to increase the effectiveness of support skills, while Lucky enhancements can be used to increase offensive capabilities. If unsure, do not hesitate to ask in the =AQW= Class Discussion Thread in the AQWorlds General Discussion forum.
- Reduce lag
quote:Taken from the AQWorlds FAQ - Miscellaneous Section.
To start, close other programs that you don't need to have open. Make sure you don't have very many windows or tabs open, and if you do, make sure none of them are running Flash applications (that includes YouTube videos). Having extra programs open and having additional Flash programs/videos playing will only take up your computer's processing power and make AQW slower on your computer. You can also speed up the game by playing in a smaller window. Just simply zoomed in and out of your browser by holding "Ctrl and +/-" (for Mac users — "Command and +/-"). Make sure you've the newest flash player upgraded. To download the latest version, click here.
Additionally, open the Options window in-game (click the button towards the lower-right corner with the gears on it). Set your graphics to Medium or Low, turn off sounds, turn off pets, turn off helms and turn off cloaks. Uninstalling and then re-installing Flash might also help.
Furthermore, try not to use equipment with a lot of animations. An example of a laggy weapon would be the Ungodly Reavers of Nulgath. It might look awesome but looks are irrelevant when farming.
The Ideal Setup
- Every class has been designed with a specific purpose in mind, so each class has its own unique niche in the meta. These niches can be largely divided into 4 categories. For these 4 categories, several classes are listed below, in order of decreasing general power. In each category, classes have been chosen to represent a succession of classes that players can progress through in their respective hero journeys. For more information on class strategies and enhancements, please refer to the =AQW= Class Discussion Thread in the AQWorlds General Discussion forum.
- Recommended classes for farming bosses (Damage): Void HighLord, LightCaster , Legion DoomKnight , Glacial Berserker , Necromancer, Pyromancer.
Recommended classes for farming bosses (Dodge): Great Thief , Horc Evader, Rogue and its variants.
Recommended classes for farming mobs: Abyssal Angel , Blaze Binder, Shaman, Scarlet Sorceress.
Recommended support classes: LightCaster , StoneCrusher, Arachnomancer, Bard , Oracle. Use Archpaladin for pure defensive support.
Important Note: If a skill is used that affects others players, such as a buff or a heal (for example Oracle's "Group Divination"), it'll automatically "involve" the invoker into the battle. So if there are multiple players fighting multiple monsters, a possible strategy is to simply buff them, instead of having to take on the monsters directly.
- Recommended weapon: Different enemies call for different weapons. Monsters can have up to one racial tag (<Race>kind) from the following, so check the AQW Wiki for information on a monster and if it has a racial tag.
Farming chaoskind? No reason not to use Chaorrupter Unlocked or any of its variants to deal +50% damage.
Farming dragonkind? Use Bright Amadis/ Amadis Wings for +20%, Dragon Flattener for +25%, or DragonBlade / Evolved DragonBlade / DragonFlight's Rage for +60% damage.
Farming elementalkind? Equip one of these, if applicable for +5% damage.
Farming humankind? Use (Dual) Chainsaw Katana(s) for +25%, SDKA / Thanatos for +50%, or NSoD for +51% damage.
Farming undeadkind? Use Celestial Khopesh for +35%, FLoD for +50%, or ALoD/ Dual BLoD/ VLoD for +51% damage.
Farming other monsters? Use Burning Blade or Nightlocke War Axe for a universal +15% damage against all monsters. Nightlocke War Axe is better than Burning Blade due to its completely stable 30-30 damage range and the lower-half-damage-range-bug of caster classes, but is also considered twice as difficult to get. Furthermore, as racial and universal damage boosts are different, one can MULTIPLICATIVELY stack the damage boost from a weapon that gives +50% damage to chaoskind with an armor that gives +15% damage to all monsters. To take advantage of this fact, true farming gurus will use the non-weapon parts of the AFDL set (1) (2) (3) (4) in order to leave the weapon slot free, as most damage boosting equipment are used in the weapon slot. Lastly, as mana regeneration is proportional with damage, these damage boosting equipment also help with mana regeneration.
- Consumable boosts are incredible, and essential for efficient farming. When a boost is activated, it DOUBLES the rewards for one of CP/EXP/Gold/Rep, for a specified period of time! Boosts pertaining to different types can be active together, but only one boost per type can be active at a time. Gold boosts do not increase Gold obtained by selling items. Boosts are obtained via the following methods:
- 20 min ( EXP, CP, Gold, Rep) : free from the Daily Login Rewards system.
- 10 min ( EXP) : free from Faith's quest Fish Food.
- 10 min ( Rep) : free from Faith's quest Catch of the Day.
- 60 min ( EXP, CP, Gold, Rep) : 150 AC from Twilly's Game Boost Shop.
- 60 min ( EXP, CP) : free via Twilly's quest Twilly's Dark Box, but requires Dark Box and Dark Key from randomly opening Treasure Chests. or
- 60 min ( EXP, CP, Gold, Rep) : free from Ragnar's daily quest Free Daily Boost.
- 60 min ( EXP, CP, Gold, Rep) : Purchase the Game Booster AC Add-ons for the 2,000 AC, 5,000 AC, and 12,000 AC packages.
- 60 min ( EXP, CP, Gold, Rep) : free from Shara Kinrunner's daily quest Break Into the Hoard, but requires purchase of the BoneBreaker Adventure Pack.
- 60 min ( EXP, CP, Gold, Rep) : free from Icy Treasure Chest and Quest's daily quest Ice Treasure Chest Quest, but requires Icy Treasure Chest.
- Some equipment come with boosts that, while smaller than those provided by consumable boosts, are permanent as long as the equipment is equipped. These boosts are referred to as item boosts, and the largest individual boost from a solitary piece of equipment is currently at +25%. Currently, item boosts do not stack on the live servers, but do so additively on the testing servers. For example, consider the situation when one equips a helm that gives +10% EXP and +10% Rep, and then a cape that gives + 5% EXP. On the live servers, there would be a +5% EXP and +10% Rep boost, but on the testing servers, there would be a +15% EXP and +10% Rep boost. Furthermore, item boosts stack MULTIPLICATIVELY with consumable boosts on live servers, while item boosts stack ADDITIVELY with consumable boosts on testing servers. On both server types, item and consumable boosts stack MULTIPLICATIVELY with server boosts.
Check out A Guide to AQW's Boosts for a more comprehensive overview of in-game boosts, including damage boosts, to farm most effectively. Notable equipment of interest include the Cape of Awe and Awethur's Accoutrements, both of which are relatively simple to obtain, and give a significant +25% CP, EXP, Gold and Rep. The latter is easier to obtain but is also a weapon, so can potentially run into optimization issues as discussed at the end of the above subsection.
- Potions are consumable equipment that temporarily affect a player in a variety of methods. For a thorough discussion on potions, refer to serenity_777_'s A Guide to Alchemy. Alternatively, this table lists all non-AC potions that are accessible to all players. The first tab is ordered alphabetically by Potion Name, and the second tab is grouped by Potion Effects. In the second tab, potions will be listed multiple times under different groupings if it affects multiple stats in a positive manner. Players can have the effects of 1 Tonic, 1 Elixir, and 1 Potion all applied at the same time
- Different classes work best with different potions. However, there exist base recommendations that are sure to help out any and every class. For magical classes, Potent Malevolence Elixir increases spell power by 25% for 15 minutes with no adverse side-effects. For physical classes, Potent Battle Elixir does the same for attack power instead. For hybrid classes, Potent Destruction Elixir increases critical strike damage by 50% for 15 minutes. The potions that increase damage, noticeably Senna's Buns which increases damage by 75% with no detrimental side-effects, have too short of a duration to be highly viable when farming.
- Potions that are obtainable via ACs are generally not recommended, especially when there are many viable non-AC alternatives. There are several other methods to obtain potions, but are not accessible to all players, are so are not covered in the table. Instead, they are covered below.
< Message edited by fxmybrute13 -- 8/19/2017 5:00:03 >