Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 21 of 26«<1920212223>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/21/2009 9:31:23   
137ben

@anvos: maybe they could be magically turned into energy?
AQ  Post #: 501
11/21/2009 14:10:15   
hanzo99999

i hope they have like an actual meuseum mansion, that will be super sweet, and plus they have more storage spots. im like storageless.
Post #: 502
11/21/2009 18:13:31   
Shirefolk

It would be cool if your estate could generate you money :) That way, it would be a much more helpful addition year-round (especially if if you didn't have to log-in to get the gold ^_^
AQ  Post #: 503
11/21/2009 20:39:59   
Traceur
Banned

I vote "aye" for shirefolks idea, butthe gold would have to be low, like 200k a year or something
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 504
11/21/2009 23:20:14   
afterlifex
Legend-X

^so completely useless?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 505
11/21/2009 23:31:19   
Billie Joe Armstrong

I agree with afterlife, there's plenty of sources for gold, tons from monsters, ballyhoo etc.
i would just like to see a use/ the reward for having a museum.

[
Post #: 506
11/21/2009 23:51:35   
Blaze

I doubt it could get you any gold over time since it gains Z-Tokens.The guard tower and portal do it well enough tht that is not a problem.

AQ AQW  Post #: 507
11/22/2009 2:55:19   
maikiejj

The option to sell your recourses for gold would be better.

but then it would have to be something low.

Like 100 resources is like 5 gold or something.

Then if you have 7000 resources from each.
And if you would sell all you would only get 1400 gold.

Not much i agree but if your resources are maxed out and each day you sell a bit then you slowly get richer.
AQ  Post #: 508
11/22/2009 10:25:25   
Nessa Ellensse

quote:

It would be cool if your estate could generate you money :) That way, it would be a much more helpful addition year-round (especially if if you didn't have to log-in to get the gold

Shire, it does generate money. it attracts monsters that attack your buildings and drop gold. Now only if you got the gold and xp from the monsters you're guards sucessfully fought off (members of the staff please don't take that seriously) Though buying and selling reasoures would be nice. It would be nice to be able to buy and sell your reasorses as well as trade them I've got my stroage filled to the brim right now but during wars I find myself wanting more suplies.

Speaking of wars there are usually 3 or 4 during frostvale.

edit apparely my wood cutter shack was under siege and I am a little low on wood

< Message edited by Nessa Ellensse -- 11/22/2009 10:28:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 509
11/22/2009 11:28:41   
maikiejj

i say YES to selling.
But NO to buying.

because then the resources would have to be rather expensive.
So that you don't earn a reall big load of money during wars.
AQ  Post #: 510
11/22/2009 16:36:24   
Spy

Hey Capt,

I was just wondering if you considered the possibility of upgrading our "Houses" themselves. I know you could always strive for that darkovia estate mansion but I favor the Frostvale estate house myself :P. As to what would be upgraded in the house, maybe the looks, add extra equipment, etc...

Also I wonder what makes Darkovia so special that it needs the highest level/z-token house :P
AQ AQW  Post #: 511
11/23/2009 15:49:13   
137ben

^^Not to mention darkovia and beach get more resources per hour if they have all resource production items.
AQ  Post #: 512
11/23/2009 18:57:50   
gspyda12

i thought they explained the high cost being due to the fact that the house was so far away from battleon?

i have to admit that i like the idea of being able to pay and "upgrade" my house. i love "living" in frostvale, but i dislike not having as many estate plots as the darkovia mansion estate...that and i think its a cottage, so it would be great to have the mansion estate available in frostvale.

wasnt there some kind of confirmation that they were going to make things so that you could sell resources or trade out resources to make money?
AQ  Post #: 513
11/30/2009 16:28:15   
helloguy

so is it worth it to get a museum right now an start lvl ing it up
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 514
11/30/2009 18:45:18   
137ben

No, it may not be worth getting it now, because YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF YOU WILL EVEN LIKE THE EFFECT!
AQ  Post #: 515
11/30/2009 18:56:07   
Aaronrules380

On the other hand, those of us who have it will be getting rewarded based on how many days we had it before the effect comes. So it might be wise to just own it, but upgrading might not be worth it
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 516
11/30/2009 19:19:34   
OnuaNuva

Ben,

If you don't like 'surprises' then don't buy the gift boxes this year, and don't buy any item that you don't know about.

I would like to direct you to the common thought that the Musuem will be a place where you can upgrade your old rare items to the higher-level versions.

I believe that everyone who has the Museum, and has had the time and funds to upgrade it to max, would benefit from that.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 517
12/1/2009 17:27:13   
137ben

quote:

Ben,

If you don't like 'surprises' then don't buy the gift boxes this year, and don't buy any item that you don't know about.

I would like to direct you to the common thought that the Musuem will be a place where you can upgrade your old rare items to the higher-level versions.

I believe that everyone who has the Museum, and has had the time and funds to upgrade it to max, would benefit from that.

Of course, not everyone who has the museum is also a rare hoarder, and that would sorta be one of the most unbalanced effects in the game. The item people get for each day they have the museum would probably be useful...(though the people who bought museum when it came out didn't know that, they just go lucky). The museum could just as easily be a not so useful thing, ya know. Magic stat trainer isn't too good for a tank warrior, so you can't say that any item for estates would be useful.
AQ  Post #: 518
12/1/2009 18:31:40   
The Almighty

You're argueing semantics ben, even the magic stat trainer is useful to a tank warrior- it allows you to untrain your stats instantly if he so chooses, and offers cheaper training of luck/charisma/intelligence. Who's to say he wont use that? you cant blanket statement that it would be useless.

The point remains, no matter what it does, it will have use. I'm by no means a rare hoarder (look at my account, I have maybe 7 rares? all of which couldnt be upgraded anyway) and I still have a museum. Regardless of what the museum does, I'm excited to find out, and the added bonus for having it before we know what it does is great! It's just like frostval!

If you still feel like its useless and stick to your bias (whatever that may be) then by all means forget the museum even exists and move on with your life. I dont mean to sound rude, but if you dont like a suprise, dont complain about what you get from it, especially when you dont plan to buy it anyway...

~The Almighty Suggestions~

Featuring- Set of Rennd, Gauntlet of the Gayle, Primal Fury,
And the dreaded Bored Monster! Check it out today!
AQ  Post #: 519
12/4/2009 12:55:46   
FiendBane

If you want a place where you can upgrade any rare from what you have, won't it be really complex in terms of coding. And what
rares should you be able to upgrade? These are quite fair bit of factors to take care of.
Assuming thats the function of museum.
AQ DF  Post #: 520
12/4/2009 13:53:29   
krazy demon child

Captain Rhubarb also hinted a long time ago that the museum may let us level up our weapons. That would be a pain to code, not to mention a nightmare for the KoO.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 521
12/4/2009 14:15:19   
Great White

Based upon the supposition that you would already own the rare in question.

Coding the upgrade of that rare to it's highest "original sales level" from a lower version of the same rare, in exchange for either gold, Z-tokens or artifacts would be no more difficult than coding any other "normal" shop in the game.

The stat trainers are already using a payment choice calculator coding, adding an "artifact" button should not be too difficult.

As any rares allowable versions already exists in the game, and will be swept with the rest of the equipment of its kind, the impact on overall gameplay itself would be negligible.

AQ  Post #: 522
12/4/2009 15:24:47   
atrus

And perhaps, the system could be more flexible that you are assuming. Perhaps the system could be written with a simplified version of the KoO's spreadsheet. So for every level you "buy" for the item through the museum, you get a certain amount of stat points that can level up its various attributes.

So if it was a lvl 50 rare and you are lvl 100, you could spend your museum points toward leveling the item up to lvl 100 and then distributing the stat points according to your tastes.

The only real issue is that the coding could be nasty. But then again, maybe it wouldn't?

[Edit] The shop idea is interesting, but it the staff wanted it useful for a large amount of rares, there would be a ton of work with having to deal with each individually.

< Message edited by atrus -- 12/4/2009 15:27:11 >
AQ DF  Post #: 523
12/4/2009 21:18:32   
Alamo

The Museum will not have any feature to upgrade your rares to the highest level. This is because Captain Rhubarb is the only staff member working on the Estates. Since he is the only one member working on the Estates and he has other more important work to focus on, he cannot code the "upgrade your weapons" feature all by himself. Unless more people e.g. KoO are assigned to work on the Estates, such feature will most likely never be implemented. As seen in other Artix Entertainment games such as AdventureQuest Worlds and MechQuest, AdventureQuest Worlds has Houses with no functionality; the purpose it serves is "looks" and "bragging rights". In MechQuest we StarCaptain's have a Star Ship which functions as the "House" of MechQuest. The purposes it serves are for traveling to other planets without paying for a ticket, "bragging rights", listening to music from the jukeboxes, reading comics from the Zargon Comic Subscription, and fighting the Action Figurines that you have purchased, playing your Arcade Games (which is PvP but you fight a AI version of the real character). There is no such feature that allows you to upgrade your weapons.
AQ Epic  Post #: 524
12/4/2009 22:09:06   
krazy demon child

None of the other games NEED such a feature though. In AQ you can't just get an item before you reach its intended buying level then throw it in storage until you can use it. Also, with the new release of EpicDuel I doubt we'll be seeing another housing update for a very long time.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 525
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 21 of 26«<1920212223>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition