Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 22 of 26«<2021222324>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/4/2009 22:10:55   
OnuaNuva

Aq is a different game engine.

4 types of 'currency' were added with the Estates, which can 'buy' waves of warriors/guards to fight, as well as the other types of currency.

I see no problem with doing a similar thing.

As an example:

From the Museum's trade feature, you have XXXX 'artifacts'. From a list on the left you choose a rare item that has multiple levels. With a list on the right you choose which version of the rare item to swap it for (at the cost of some 'artifacts').

It isn't extremely hard, just very repetitive, as the programmer would need to key in every rare and upgradable item individually.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 526
12/5/2009 1:26:36   
nailimexam

Why does the Captain have to work on houses all by himself? Houses have huge potential to add a new dimension to the game (and the only major critisizm of AQ I have seen is that it it too one-dimentional). I would think time would be well spent if they stopped makeing new games and put an entire new game's worth of staff into developing estates with an update every week.
AQ  Post #: 527
12/5/2009 9:51:34   
gspyda12

it would be neat to see them roll out more stuff for the houses and estates. i dont have any complaints about the estates other than i wish they were more uniform. what i mean is that any location can havve just as many estate plots and so on. if you wanted your log cabin to have 25 potion refill, you could pay to upgrade it, if you wanted it to have 14 plots, you could pay to upgrade it....

i want to have my home in frostvale, but they dont have a mansion estate there as of yet. and if they do and i have to "move" then i am going to lose 2 levels on all of my estate items...i just want to up my plot availability.

and whenever they roll out the museum is going to be sweet! im looking forward to it!

AQ  Post #: 528
12/5/2009 10:49:17   
137ben

The captain never said ANYTHING about upgrading rares with the museum, just because it's possible to code doesn't mean it will happen, and just because it will happen doesn't mean it will be the museum feature. Besides, most players don't hoard their several year old low level rares just because they are rare, and people without rares (or with rares at their level) wouldn't find that feature useful.
AQ  Post #: 529
12/5/2009 13:41:43   
aegispsyche

I would have to disagree. The captain has mentioned in the past about upgrading items. He never said anything for sure but threw out the idea if I remember correctly.

< Message edited by aegispsyche -- 12/5/2009 13:44:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 530
12/5/2009 14:59:44   
Icemoh

hmm i could really do with smething that ups my wood resources....i mean ive got a darkovia mansion and im getting 9 wood an hour which is frankly just crap lol...maybe a new wood feature???

AQ  Post #: 531
12/5/2009 15:06:27   
137ben

^^DME doesn't get as much wood as forest estates. It shouldn't, different estate locations should get different amounts of resources. DME actually gets higher total resources per hour than the other houses (beach estates also get a good amount but there is no mansion so it is harder to have all the estate production items.) So actually the other estate locations need a buff, NOT darkovia.
AQ  Post #: 532
12/5/2009 15:08:03   
Icemoh

i didnt say give DME a buff i said just add one of those crappy things like a pond but for wood which all the mansions can use
if it costs the most then it should get the most its like nething better weapons cost more
AQ  Post #: 533
12/6/2009 18:41:39   
gspyda12

i can agree that it saddens me to see some of my estate buildings maxed out and only able to earn 9 resources. and once you add the fact that you have estate buildings that eat resources, i think you should be able to at least add multiple copies of buildings, like have additional wood cutting buildings...that isnt a complaint, if it doesnt happen, that is fine, that is what trading other resources are for....

as far as the museum....where do you get artifacts? it says about displaying stuff, but i didnt know there really was stuff in the game already to display!

AQ  Post #: 534
12/6/2009 19:08:18   
Kaelin

The Museums cannot do such a thing at this time, but Captain Rhubarb has said that players who have being using Estates will get some type of bonus that will be revealed later (the longer you have used them, the bigger the bonus).
AQ  Post #: 535
12/7/2009 7:16:13   
Icemoh

does neone know the best way to use there resources???
my guard tower is level 9 and i have the best z-token guards for my level but for sme reason i still found it more cost effective to send out my army through my portal,( in the last war,) then it was to send out my guards

i dno if u guys know how they work out what you get back from your guards or your army but its interesting to know specially because when a new war starts its good to know the most cost-effective way to spend your resources
AQ  Post #: 536
12/7/2009 9:31:16   
SIGMUND

@Icemoh
I think it was proven during the last war that the most cost effective way to kill the most enemy was to send the reputaion 8, half army from either planet. 150 resources for 6-7 kills.
With a bit of real life luck, determining exactly what you would score.

However the Captain has had plenty of time to tinker with the battle formula and this may have changed.

I'm not sure about the most effecient way to generate experience,
and I am not sure about the most efficient way to generate gold.
Being max level I have not been that interested in gp or xp.
However send small armies and you get plenty of both.
Although the other options may generate more.

Guards are not as effective as Armies.
AQ  Post #: 537
12/7/2009 23:23:52   
nailimexam

Why is there so much excitement for the Museum? Once its functionality is released, people will have fun with it for a few days to a week and then the hysteria will be over. We will then have to wait another year or two for the next release. What needs to happen is not "get the Museum done faster". We need more staff working on house estates so we can get a regular stream of updates of at least once a month. I'd would gladly be willing to give up the massive amount of new weapons that continue to clutter up the game for some housing updates. Does anyone else share this view?
AQ  Post #: 538
12/7/2009 23:28:05   
paladin37

I dont, houses arent really high on my priority list of updates but its just making me(and im sure alot of other players) anxious for the release of the museum because its feature may change AQ a great deal. Also Capts already said it may have come out in Oct or Nov so knowing the release can be at any day just makes me more anxious. Also who knows the Museum feature could possibly do something we all want to use somewhat frequently.
AQ  Post #: 539
12/7/2009 23:42:26   
gspyda12

i get excited for housing stuff because it makes me feel very personalized. it makes the world feel like im living in it, not just loggin in and being there.
AQ  Post #: 540
12/7/2009 23:52:29   
Biae

Ohh, the ability to customise is indeed something that plays in AQs favour. And boy, do we have a lot of ways to customise...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 541
12/8/2009 6:41:58   
ghgh66

quote:

Why is there so much excitement for the Museum? Once its functionality is released, people will have fun with it for a few days to a week and then the hysteria will be over. We will then have to wait another year or two for the next release. What needs to happen is not "get the Museum done faster". We need more staff working on house estates so we can get a regular stream of updates of at least once a month. I'd would gladly be willing to give up the massive amount of new weapons that continue to clutter up the game for some housing updates. Does anyone else share this view?

strike that, we need staff working on all things, so there is an awesome updatte every month, not barely anything every week
AQ  Post #: 542
12/13/2009 18:48:53   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Ok, a while back there was the discussion on the MWP and power level & efficiency vs army wins . But what gives better rewards?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 543
12/13/2009 21:51:26   
OnuaNuva

The consensus seems to be this:

Either 6 or 8 rep (basically, one away from neutral)
Half armies

This could be seen as making the base and random rewards as close as possible.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 544
12/14/2009 23:31:35   
shmoda

Guards may not be as good as armies as far as rewards go, but if you can't afford the MWP then using the guard tower is better than nothing.
AQ DF  Post #: 545
12/15/2009 2:28:53   
krazy demon child

@Afterlifex The rewards increase exponentially, and you're rewarded more for having a higher level MWP. I'm going to have to say that using a full army at level 10 gives you the best rewards.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 546
12/15/2009 2:42:52   
nightshadow989

well if you have guards like mine which you all can look at my char page to see i get ALOT more rewards then the mwp at max i can get 30k+ exp and 15k+ gold and at the least 15k exp i can send them in at the current expense i think it was at least 10 times so yea dont compair using gaurds to mwp untill you get every gaurd i have and try it that way once i hit 130 and if i have 10k tokens ill be adding sarha to the list thuse adding anothe 1k+ power to my over 2k power of my gaurds lol fyi all the gaurds i have are lvl 80 and up versions

< Message edited by nightshadow989 -- 12/15/2009 3:32:07 >
AQ  Post #: 547
12/18/2009 22:28:25   
Pepp
Lives to Slay Dragons!

this would be the perfect time to release a frostval Mansion. It would be my dream home. make it 60,000 tokens an able to access past frostvals. neighbors that visit could be charged 1000 tokens just to enter a past frostval ( random year choice + charged past frostval entered). the token charge for the owner would be 500 instead
Instead of a reindragon mini-quest - could be a Grandma sleigh ride quest. beat all the monsters to return Grandma to her lost sleigh. then have her drive back to her cottage to turn on your "Holiday Tree"
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 548
12/19/2009 0:19:58   
Great White

I'm personally hoping that the Captain takes his own good time with the museum update. No hints...no rushing things...no pressures at all. The longer it takes, the better and more awesome it will be. You have to admit that Assassin as a whole was 1000% UBER (appropriate use) and more than worth the waiting that was endured. If someone had told me 4 years ago that I would one day be playing AQ and waiting on a War to send Aliens from a distant Planet into battle with resourses from my own Estate through a Portal so they could eliminate war waves and make extra gold for me.....I don't think I would have beleived them no matter who it was.

AQ  Post #: 549
12/19/2009 10:11:28   
gspyda12

my first house i bought was in darkovia. i used it to farm a lot when i was in my 70's. once i broke out into the 80's i started the dark orb quest. using the interest that i earned from my darkovia log cabin, (and few z-token purchases), i bought a frostvale cottage estate. i wanted a mansion, but there wasnt an option.

i would still like to have the reigndragon quest in the mansion.

does anyone have a table that shows experience earned from portal vs guard tower? and what about the effects of the level of the tower or portal?
AQ  Post #: 550
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 22 of 26«<2021222324>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition