Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 24 of 26«<2223242526>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/6/2010 0:14:42   
ants

Not to sure if this has been raised before, so i'll take a slight dab at it
My storage unit 1 and 2 often accumulate to max capacity well before wars or events, of which time i can not use them..... Why not have the army and guards go farm for you as they would during a war and event/quest on any normal day... that is to say,you can send them to "random battle, battle near by" irrespective of a war ???
AQ AQW  Post #: 576
1/6/2010 2:38:55   
maikiejj

That would be a nice idea.

But then i don't think that people would really play.
Just log on once a day.
Clear out their attacked buildings.
use up all the resources to do some farming.
And then do some ballyhoo
and then quit.

Sounds a bit boring to me.

If you want to make your guards farm for you.
Then make it very pricy. .
AQ  Post #: 577
1/6/2010 3:33:23   
ants

It does take a fair while non the less to accumlate sufficient amount of resources...

If anything else, it may draw some players back, who will constently benefit from there investment, without the the adds
For what these items are worth, i see nothing better

A slightly higher price in resources to send your army and guards out plus a reduced gold reward would do just fine..... comparative to ballyhoo or war rewards
I'd just like to see a continual benefit of my estate rather it be through wars only
AQ AQW  Post #: 578
1/6/2010 12:45:12   
nailimexam

A full Darkovia estate with maxed resources (3000 in each, 12000 total) only gave me a little under 100K exp when used (and 30k gold). It took about 6-7 days (150 hours) to go from 0 to 12,000 total resources (assuming you keep the plots clear of invaders).

It takes less than 1 hour for me to farm what took the estate 150 hours to get. I don't think allowing the armies to fight random battles would be much of a problem.
AQ  Post #: 579
1/6/2010 18:57:47   
Icemoh

^ my darkovia estate gets about 4400 each altho it probably maxies to 5000 i think...but ye for the gold the ztokens and time i put into the estate the return really isnt worth it.....Hopefully the armys or the estate will have more use/worth to it in the future
AQ  Post #: 580
1/6/2010 19:29:10   
Kai59

@nailimexam not true. At max resources i got 70K gold and about 200K experience. That's because you don't have a storage building 2.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 581
1/7/2010 13:09:54   
nailimexam

You're right Kai, my mistake.

But the time it takes for resources to accumulate is still the same. (i.e. I could farm in 2 hours what it takes the estate 300 hours to get.)

As Icemoh said, the 12k+ tokens and almost 2 million gold(spent on buildings and guards) Hasn't been worth it so far. (I'd be better off with just a house and no buildings)

But hopefully housing updates start comming on a regular basis, so we can start doing stuff with resources and estates.

AQ  Post #: 582
1/7/2010 13:22:58   
ayashi

Personnaly i've made a bit over 100k (gold) from the first frosval war, at that pace i think the investisment would have paid itself out in under a year. Not counting all the extra XP.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 583
1/7/2010 14:26:33   
SIGMUND

Just taking a quick look at my War record and I see that the MWP has been very worthwhile.

I have about 9100 army wins from my war record. In future the numbers will be even higher, now that I have a minimum 28000 resources to use in each war.

My average kill rate has been about 6.5 per army transport. so I sent my army about 1400 times.
Each sending nets about 600 gold and 1100 exp.
My Total gold and exp rates would be about = 840,000 gold and 1,540,000 exp I would say the estate has just about paid for half of itself on this basis alone.
The tokens gold and experience earned from clearing out the invaders is probably equal to the rewards I have earned with my Mega World Portal armies.

Nice one Captain. Now please keep introducing new buildings on a regular basis.

< Message edited by SIGMUND -- 1/7/2010 14:33:45 >
AQ  Post #: 584
1/7/2010 19:56:51   
137ben

@nailman: even if you could farm that much in 2 hours, you are not assumed to be farming, as most people who play this game <i>don't</i> want to spend 2 hours straight grinding. The 300 hours it takes the estate to get you that much xp includes time you are living your life, or sleeping.
AQ  Post #: 585
1/13/2010 17:56:13   
Biae

Darkovia needs a better way to get wood... you can produce 23 food, 28 stone, 35 energy, but only 10 wood per hour if you have everything for producing resources. Come on, all those dead trees around, there's gotta be something we can get!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 586
1/13/2010 18:02:08   
alabama_pitty

The fact that they're dead is why they don't produce much wood, I would assume.

When a tree is dead, it deteriorates and may even become infested by all sorts of little critters (Voracious termites?). Besides, the tress of Darkovia look small and wispy at best. I, for one, am not really bothered by it. The easiest thing to do (And it really takes very little time at all) is to buy a Trade Hut. With that, you can turn the excess that you would have from stone and energy (Which I often do) into an increase in wood.

I realize that it takes an estate slot and 500 Z-Tokens, but the Trade Hut is well-worth it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 587
1/13/2010 20:38:04   
137ben

Frostvale and beach seriously need estates.
There is advantages and disadvantages to each location, and really darkovia has the <i>fewest</i> disadvantages. If anything the other 3 need buffs, darkovia does not need a resource production buff.
AQ  Post #: 588
1/13/2010 20:58:08   
Nessa Ellensse

Frostvale needs an energy buff, especally considering how many things drain energy and food more than they do stone and wood

level 10 magic stat trainer -2 energy/food -1 stone/ wood
level 10 battle stat trainer -2 energy/ food -1 stone/ wood
level 15 guard house -5 energy -3 stone/ wood
level 10 Museum -4 energy/food -2 stone
level 10 Mega Wolrd Portal no upkeep cost but army wins cost food and energy also the energy cost is higher than the food cost. The darkovian mansion estate also has more plots to it than the frostvale cottage estate so before that gets buffed the ones with fewer plots need the buff

Nessa will do alright, but Willow just got her estate, she's working on building up her trade hut, then her reasourse producers, then her guard hut and storage sheds while she saves up for a mega world portal

< Message edited by Nessa Ellensse -- 1/13/2010 21:35:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 589
1/13/2010 21:31:03   
bad old lady

RE buff: Each type of estate is limited in some resource. My understanding is the limits are intentional so I don't think there will be a buff. The Darkovian estate has more plots because it costs more. Maybe at some time the Captain can add more plots for all the estates for a small token fee. :D

Every few days I have been checking my estate and moving extra energy to wood so it looks like my estate will be close to full by the war. War rewards are so much more fun with two storage buildings. However my other characters are not going to do as well. I have to check those estates daily to keep those irritating monsters from invading and I have not been keeping up with my job. The other two estates that are in working order will probably not get to participate in the war at all.:P I really hope I will soon be able to purchase enough guards for them to be self maintaining too.
AQ  Post #: 590
1/13/2010 23:09:28   
ants

the collection of resources manually by the player has always been a keen sight of interests for me..... Not trying to steer to far off the edge here.
But i had a little flicker of an idea for the estates

it involves a nomadic tribe, whos habitat has just been discovered out in the far depth of the forest.... upon choosing to befriend them, you are able collect small quantities of resources depending on which have replenished (a limiting factor) .In there traditional manner of gathering, which is manual and often dagerous * picking fruit, collecting wood, harnessing energy or mining stone, may sound easy... but competition with the animal inhabitants, really places meanig on "survival of the fittest"* ..... equilibrium, above all esle sustainability is maintained through these traditional practices.... leaving room for quests, that may involve invaders (discovering rare resources beneath ground etc) pretty much explainatory
I had planned on making the monster challenges as difficult as the dragon quest. But thats a death row sentence

I prefer the museum update more though
AQ AQW  Post #: 591
1/13/2010 23:36:16   
yclc

I'm still wondering if I should invest in Z Token guards for my guard tower or not... since my estate buildings seem to fall under attack waaaay too often.
Also, if you purchase a lot of guards, there should be some point where the guard tower dishes out more pain than the MWP right?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 592
1/14/2010 0:18:03   
nightshadow989

it does each gaurd increases your gt power such as nerfkitten scion give you gt ether 1500 or 1050 att points i forgot which one lol i have over 2k compaired to mwp 1k but all my guards are lvl 80 and up i own all the current lvl 80+ ztoken guards you can find, look at my char page under avvy for proof with all those gaurds i ussaly get 20 to 30k exp per wave and 5-10k gold i think. the down side the more gaurds you have the more resources you have to spend to send them i have to spend i think over 1784 food and 446 stone and wood but thats the beautie of the trade hut trade energy for food lol mwp also increases resources needed but that only increases with its lvl

< Message edited by nightshadow989 -- 1/14/2010 15:46:43 >
AQ  Post #: 593
1/14/2010 1:24:19   
ayashi

@Fethend2 Right in theory, but not apyable to everyone. When you actually get a decent collection of guards, you hardly ever get attacked. My museum waited over 2 months to get attacked, before i finally gave up and un-build it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 594
1/14/2010 7:54:05   
bad old lady

@ants At one time the I think the Captain did talk about small quests on some of our plots, however that was before he was pulled away to do other things. For now, I don't know where we are in terms of priority or if other staff beyond the Captain are working on the estates. Still it's nice to dream of some of the past ideas coming to life.

@yclc I feel I've purchased a few guards but it still seems I can earn more with the portals than with guard armies. I think that is because when we battle from our portals some of the offworld armies come to help ours.

Hmmm, we are getting close to the 30 page lock. When this happened once before, some staff suggested we did not need another thread until some new came out. I'm debating whether to delete my old posts of this thread to keep it alive. What do you guys think?

edit: @etching Thanks!

< Message edited by bad old lady -- 1/15/2010 7:31:24 >
AQ  Post #: 595
1/19/2010 7:55:30   
SIGMUND

I'm thinking of cutting back on my guards to allow my museum to be attacked.

Although I have an idea for a new building.
We can currently choose our Reputation Level and therefore the strength of the MWP armies we can send into battle. How about something similar for the Guards?
I think my Guard total stands at over 3000 and I can't send them all to the war, however with two or three guards in storage I could send Full 2500, Half 1250 or A few 625.

Guard Teahouse.
A place where guards can be placed into storage to give them a break from permanently Guarding your Estate. It would also allow manipulation of the Guard strength that you can send into the wars.
Maybe they could also recover health by staying here for a while. If the guards ever have a health/strength rating of their own.

< Message edited by SIGMUND -- 1/19/2010 8:40:00 >
AQ  Post #: 596
1/19/2010 9:31:56   
maikiejj

Sorry to say it sigmund.

But a bit of a lame useless idea.

your building would only be used by less then the halve of the players.

Me myself would not use it.

And the guards do not have health or whatever. . .

But i still hope for a lot of new stuff soon. .

my estate is getting boring.

Only clearing stuff and helping in a war
bit boring.
AQ  Post #: 597
1/19/2010 12:16:38   
137ben

quote:

your building would only be used by less then the halve of the players.

Uh, it is a lot more useful than it seems, as it IS useful to manipulate the amount of guards you use in wars. On top of that, stat trainers are rather useless because the tokens and guards to upgrade them mean you don't save too much if you get them at a high level.
AQ  Post #: 598
1/19/2010 20:48:29   
SIGMUND

The usefulness of the Teahouse does rather depend on what Captain Rhubarb has planned for the Estate system.
As part of a Japanese style garden I think it would be a good addition.
At least we could entertain Falerin there if he ever dropped by....
AQ  Post #: 599
1/20/2010 6:27:37   
Ghengis

Hmm... I was wondering with the storage huts and the guard tower going up to level 15 and the trade hut able to be ugraded to level 12, will the rest of the estate plots eventually follow suit and become upgradeable to level 15 also ?

Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 24 of 26«<2223242526>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition