Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 25 of 26«<2223242526>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/20/2010 6:56:15   
Isphus

most likely production buildings will be more upgradable, and there will be more building releases.
Also, increasing the building max lvl requires few-to-none artwork, so its a very good alternative for the staff.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 601
1/20/2010 10:50:03   
Pepp
Lives to Slay Dragons!

quote:

@ Bigpepp I'm not sure what you mean by "trimming your estate back". Do you means getting a cheaper, smaller estate?

yeap, get a smaller an cheaper estate- the forest mansion estate back down to the frostvale cottage estate to be exact!!
Yes, i realize i will lose some plots of land an inventory slots. but the inventory slots can be beefed up a little by pursing the extra slots with tokens to a point. As far as the resourses the higher the level an plots of land the more resourses you lose for the increased buildings. that sounds like a fair trade to me on that end.
And eventually the Cottage estate in maybe a years time ( with adequate farming & ballyhoo as well) might earn enough tokens to buy the forest estate back. besides having 30 Guardians i can't afford token packages for all of them - just my favorites. Once this "small recession" turns around going to invest in more as well for more than just the "favorite characters"

Besides I am hooked on frostvale's theme an bonus quest. ( an I have heard mentioned by many others that the frostvale mansion compares in role playing to the darkovia mansion minus all the extras received. sort of a holiday themed estate to go with the bright an cheerful forest estate or the darker possibly evil darkovia estate. )

Personally I wished they were all available at the highest level. Letting the players actually choose based on preference an not Incentives based on plots of land an inventory slots. beefing them all up to level 50, add only 1 or 2 more plots of land an slots as well, an available for 25,000 tokens.

< Message edited by Bigpepp -- 1/20/2010 10:53:43 >

[ image]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8835/beta4zd.png[/image]
[ image]http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/3986/nimet2yo.png[/image]
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 602
1/20/2010 15:09:21   
Overdrive

Is anyone having problems defending their estate? As in having to fight multiple monsters before the building says it's not under attack anymore?

It has already been posted in the bug thread, but I just wanted to know if other people were having the same problem.
AQ  Post #: 603
1/20/2010 19:41:50   
bad old lady

On the estate under my avvy, I don’t usually get attacked but on my other estates I have noticed that is sometimes takes a looooong time to recognize my win. I thought it was just my computer

@Bigpepp WOW you have 30 guardians. I am so impressed. I barely have time to work on one of my five. The youngest two characters have estates but nothing on them. I have not even cleared out the trees yet. It is more a means of earning a few tokens until they level up a little more. BTW I really like the idea of letting each one of us select the location of our estate and then how many plots we want. We could pay tokens based on plots and how big our house is. Regretfully something tells me any updates to the estates are going to be slow and few between. But it is still one of my favorite parts of the game.
AQ  Post #: 604
1/20/2010 21:29:37   
Traveler
Helpful and Constructive!

The non-saving the fight correctly when cleaning my estate has also been happening to me recently. In fact, it just happened tonight. I think that it happens mostly when the hour changes during the fight (when you get a "the house data needs refreshing" message on the main estate buildings screen).
AQ  Post #: 605
1/21/2010 2:50:27   
maikiejj

I like the idea that you can choose where you want your estate.

And that you can pay extra for extra plots and stuff . .

I think it would not be a big job to make estate's for a lot more locations.

and i would love some more plots. . .

For future stuff.
AQ  Post #: 606
1/21/2010 15:49:12   
137ben

^^Before that happens, the current locations should be balanced with each other.
AQ  Post #: 607
1/21/2010 20:30:27   
bad old lady

@137ben IMHO the locations will not be balanced because the prices are not balanced. The biggest price of anything most always gets the most 'stuff'. I think in this case stuff is plots but there maybe a difference in the number of extra storage slots.
AQ  Post #: 608
1/21/2010 22:42:27   
paladin37

Yeah why would they be balanced when the better houses cost thousands more tokens? And I dont think having different locations for each "tier" is very likely either.
AQ  Post #: 609
1/22/2010 16:12:21   
137ben

But the darkovia houses have a total resource production higher than frostvale houses even if the frostvale house is a tier higher. And the 2 with the most resources are darkovia and beach. beach is NOT the second most expensive:|
AQ  Post #: 610
1/22/2010 17:58:01   
nightshadow989

each house has its pros and cons darkovia is best cause it has more plots but lacks heavily in wood once underground gets relesed ever house well have more but darkovia well stay best cause 1 it cost 16k tokens and 2 well always have more plots so houses are balanced and im sure well stay this way thats what the point was of saving up to darkovia to get the best house but if others choose to keep there houses for looks and complain about how much it "sucks" well thats your own faults now isnt it and i dont see how frostavale is a teir high its price is lower then darkovias and only gives 4 strage slots and 11 plots sounds like lower teir to me

< Message edited by nightshadow989 -- 1/22/2010 18:05:06 >
AQ  Post #: 611
1/23/2010 8:41:44   
Avalansz

Generally true, but only from our current perspective. At the very beginning of Estates Capt. told us to choose house based on our preferences, not price or production. So I did choose Frostval Estate. I don't really care about lower sellback, pay less and receive less is good in terms of Tokens. But the plot thing is kinda unfair. Say i'd like an Animal Barn when it comes out - the only way to place it is getting rid of storage or production building, lowering my total production (thus, having less Gold on wars), or just getting rid of Museum. A Darkovia guy OTOH can have both of them without getting rid of anything....
Post #: 612
1/23/2010 9:03:05   
SIGMUND

Probably not Avalansz. The Animal Barn will most likely be restricted to the Farm Estate.
If either of them are ever released.

I just hope that the staff do not leave it too long before another Housing update, because this waiting and asking, waiting and asking, is just getting boring now.

AQ  Post #: 613
1/23/2010 9:55:44   
bad old lady

I think most everyone who enjoys estates would like more plots. This is why we were discussing the possibility of anyone using tokens to purchase more plots. In the past the Captain said he was working on getting us more plots. Hopefully it will be soon....in AQ time that is. :D
AQ  Post #: 614
1/23/2010 10:08:30   
SIGMUND

I guess I am just in a bad mood today.

I believe we were expecting the Museum to be working by the end of Novemer 2009.
The Captain then said he wanted to introduce the underground plots to give the estates more room. However no time table was given for underground plots.

At the very least it should be easy to make more of the basic resource producers available on a monthly basis?
ie
Vegetabel Plot 2, Wood Cutter Shack 2, Power Collector 2 and Stone Pit 2.
AQ  Post #: 615
1/23/2010 10:16:07   
FiendBane

Do release a few more level105 house guards? Fending off monsters from the estate constantly with higher levelled resources is not really desirable.
AQ DF  Post #: 616
1/23/2010 10:45:52   
137ben

I was reffering specifically to resource productions in that the total resource production for beach and darkovia is higher than for forest and frostvale. The more expensive ones SHOULD be better, but even the beach tiki estate can get more resources per hour than forest mansion estate.
AQ  Post #: 617
1/23/2010 13:44:24   
shmoda

For the most part I'd say that storage buildings have more of an effect on how much gold/exp you can get during wars than the estate production does. Most wars seem to be far enough apart to fill up storage buildings. My guess would be that a frostval estate that has storage buildings will probably make more gold/exp from a war than a darkovia one that doesn't have any. I'll take storage capacity over production any day.

Now what I think would be interesting was if they released some estate specific storage buildings. Say Frostvale gets a "frost dragon cave" where the greedy dragon hordes resources for you, say 100 per level. Beach estate could get cargo nets hung from palm trees, not quite as efficient as a cave so you only get 50 storage per level.
AQ DF  Post #: 618
1/24/2010 8:50:16   
The Almighty

It's honestly sad that we've received nothing. No update, no news, not even a friendly post about nothing from Rhubarb. He has time to debate and remove the Rhublade from AQ, but not enough time to post and say "The museum will have some delays!"

Bullocks.

He's been active enough, and there is NO WAY he is too busy to spend 30 seconds making a reply here. Its total crap, and I for one feel the staff really dropped the ball on this one.

If they announced a delay, fine, but to leave us in the dark like that, totally ignored. Not cool AE -10 respect.
AQ  Post #: 619
1/24/2010 9:44:34   
Icemoh

^ haha AE -10 in respect

but ye i agree....the forums arent just a way for us to talk to each other to discuss about new things...future things but also a way for the staff to clue us in about whats going on.........for instance i know the staff cant tell us everything and perhaps are too busy with new quests to give us information about other things....but in terms of things like the museum which has been useless for a long long time i think we deserve at least a date of when it should be finished
AQ  Post #: 620
1/24/2010 12:07:15   
xDeathlordx

Just noticed, the pedia entry for the museum is dated 12/27/2008. Yea, it's time. For me, it was the only reason I added buildings to my estate and I purchased tokens in order to do so. Considering the number of token items released since then, it's a little disrespectful to the players who bought it to let this go unfinished much longer.
AQ  Post #: 621
1/24/2010 12:56:58   
Legasee
You`re Tearing Me Apart, Lisa!

Y'know, Rhubarb didn't actually specify a date for the Museum changes. Perhaps he meant the November coming this year? There's always that wonderful loophole, I suppose. :-/
Post #: 622
1/24/2010 13:23:49   
Anvos

Well I could see that post coming from a mile away.

On the subject of housing I can accept that buildings could be delayed a while but personally I wonder why we can't be thrown a bone every once in a while where in a quest or war with new monsters we couldn't get a guard version of that monster thrown into the end of the quest or war shop. By this I mean like in this week's Creptus release if they had also added in a guard series of Creptus to buy in the end of quest shop.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 623
1/24/2010 14:00:13   
137ben

@shmoda: even if you have full resources before a war, resource production still helps you DURING the war.
AQ  Post #: 624
1/24/2010 14:03:07   
Sugar

Anvos, such a guard would probably be so overpriced as to make it completely pointless. Just look at nerfkitten scion. they have no clue how they want to price guards.
AQ  Post #: 625
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 24 [25] 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 25 of 26«<2223242526>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition