Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Heart of Gold

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Heart of Gold
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/13/2009 22:03:16   
Saojun

Heart of Gold

Location: That A'Way! -> Valencia -> Quests -> Bacon Origin -> Heart of Gold, click on Miniature Hind-in-a-Box
Level/Quest/Items required: Completion of It's A Wash
Release Date: February 13th, 2009

Objective: Now here's a quest you can really get behind. It's always good to help out Aria.
Objective completed: Zeuster wanting to help Aria? Maybe he has a heart after all.

Scaled Yes/No: Yes

Monsters
(6) Forest Fury
(5) Gorillaphant
(6) Tuskmonger
(1) Gilded Hindeer - Boss

NPCs
Aria
Bug
Hindeer

Rewards
Axes
Gilded Machete
Greater Gilded Machete
Superior Gilded Machete

Daggers
Crimson Cleaver
Greater Crimson Cleaver
Superior Crimson Cleaver

Staves
Burning Bloodletter
Greater Burning Bloodletter
Superior Burning Bloodletter

Misc.
Emerald Key
Colorful Treasure Chest
Light Treasure Chest
Shaking Treasure Chest

Dialogue
Valencia: It seems your chickencow friend isn't completely self-absorbed, after all. In fact, he's downright benevolent in this letter.
Valencia: He says Aria has always been a friend to the chickencows, so now he wants you to help her for him.
Valencia: He says she needs a "hand with a hind", whatever that means.

• Quest
  • Back

Aria: Hello, <Character>!
    <Character>: Zeuster has offered my help on his behalf. He's heard you're in a bit of a bind, and could use a hand with a hind.
    <Character>: Do you know what he means?
    Aria: Awww, Zeusty is such a nice chickencow! Yes, if you're willing to help me, I'd be glad of it!
    Aria: I have an order for an exotic pet, a gilded hindeer. They're very rare and I just don't have the time to spend catching one.
    <Character>: An animal made of... gold?
    Aria: Yep! With the money we'll make from this sale, Grams and I can finally go on that island vacation we've been wanting.
    Aria: Just bring the hind back to me once you've found her, please! Remember, she needs to be alive, so be gentle with her.

• Go Hind Hunting

<Character>: Found you! Who knew a glittering golden hind could be so easily camouflaged in a mostly green and brown forest?
    Hindeer: ...
    <Character>: Heeeeere hiney hiney hiney hind. C'mere you pretty shiny thing. It'll be easier if you just let me slip a rope around your neck and-
    Hindeer: ...
    <Character>: You aren't going to make this easy for me, aren't you?
    Hindeer: *snort*

Battle the Gilded Hindeer

<Character>: Easy, girl, easy. I just want to take you to visit a friend of mine. No one's going to hurt you.
    Hindeer: *pant pant*
    <Character>: Now, let's see if you'll listen. Stand, girl!
    Hindeer: ......
    <Character>: Oooookaaay, I see you'll need a bit more patience and handling.
    Hindeer: *snort*

Stat Roll; If unsuccessful:
    <Character>: Guess I'll need to wait until you've forgotten any of this happened and try again. Hinds really have short attention spans, right?

• Exit Quest
    (Note: Failing the roll does not grant access to the next quest. However, you still are rewarded.)

Stat Roll; If successful:
    <Character>: You like me, you really like me!
    <Character>: Now let's get you back to Aria. Follow, girl! Good hind.

• Back to Aria

Aria: She's gorgeous! It's too bad we won't see the look on her buyer's face. But at least he paid in advance!
    <Character>: No wonder they're rare. Their shine makes them a target for every predator out there. And now, into the crate with you!
    *The hindeer stands, ready to walk into the crate.*
    <Character>: One hero with a net and BOOM! Come to think of it, a net would have been handy today.
    *The hindeer enters the crate, two sneevils run over, shut the crate, and attempt to carry it off.*
    <Character>: Hey now! Stop, you box-brained runts!
    Aria: Don't worry. Watch! *whistle*
    *The sneevils run off with the crate, chased by a bug. Offscreen, a battle is heard.*
    *The bug returns, pushing the two sneevils before it. It throws them at Aria's feet.*
    *Aria then punts the sneevils offscreen.*

Bug: *chitter chitter click*
    <Character>: Indeed, little guy! I wouldn't want to mess with Aria, either!

• Complete Quest!

Next Up: Outnumbered

• This entire chain is based on the Labors of Hercules, and this is the 3rd - The capture of the Ceryneian hind.
  • LUK and CHA contribute to your roll a little.

Thanks to
    -- tsunamisword for Bacon Origin banner and link.
    -- Shadow Phoenix for note.
    -- archie for note.
    -- Peachii for corrections.

< Message edited by Jay -- 7/21/2020 20:02:56 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Heart of Gold
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition