Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) The Tales of Faerdin Eilrua Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Tales of Faerdin Eilrua Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/13/2012 1:36:26   
Glais

quote:

Writer's block is the worst. @_@

It is indeed, been stuck with it myself for quite some time ;_;
Looking forward to the next installation however, as usual.
DF MQ  Post #: 101
11/13/2012 19:56:11   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Yeah, it's been plaguing me since I wrote the first few chapters. I had such a clear idea of what I wanted in the beginning, but for some reason, it's becoming more and more difficult to put into words.
Regardless, I'm working diligently toward my next chapter and I am hoping to have it finished by the end of the week.
@deatharrows: Happy to know you enjoyed it, though I wouldn't want you to put down your own writing.
@Legendium: See you when you have the opportunity, then. ^_^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 102
11/18/2012 15:47:35   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

My next update might take longer than expected since I hadn't anticipated there being a war so soon. Dx
Once I have something written for the war and it has ended, I'll be back writing the rest of Chapter Six.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
12/15/2012 2:32:14   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Alright. Took way longer than I had originally intended, but the next chapter is finally up!
My progress has been greatly slowed due to my obligations here and in real life, but I should be able to make more progress in the coming weeks. Winter Break will soon arrive and that should give me a great deal of time to catch up and move things along in this story.
spoiler:

This chapter is mostly a filler one, which is actually a little responsible for why it took me so long to write.
Great things are in store for Faerdin, and I'm eager to write what happens next. ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 104
12/15/2012 6:43:22   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

I have a feeling I know why.

Anyway, about something else I forgot to mention before.

spoiler:

Faerdin managed to defeat Xan with the Pyronomicon in his possession? (The thing which enabled him to destroy the 299 elite knights with a single spell?)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 105
12/15/2012 13:39:32   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

Looks like Faerdin needs a hiding bag. :P Great chapter, I can just picture Faerdin going 'Ohfrickohfrickohfrick' with a few 'why me's' mixed in there. Looking forward to the next update, wolf-buddy.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 106
12/15/2012 15:59:24   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

That's pretty much what is going through his mind. He's a warrior, not a party-goer. xD
@DD:
spoiler:

At this point in Lore's history, Xan does not have the Pyronomicon. He's still struggling to get himself together as he aimlessly wanders the countryside.
However, Faerdin would be capable of such a feat toward the conclusion of this story, just as Sepulchure had defeated Xan with the Fire Orb. ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
12/26/2012 1:11:04   
mulberry777

quote:

The aspects of each primal element- Fire, Water, Ice, Earth, Wind, Energy, Light, and Darkness- possessed a regal and yet startlingly unnatural appearance.
How can you forget the most important elemen BACON!!! But it's a good story and I cant wait for the next chapter to come out!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 108
1/11/2013 5:50:05   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Alright, finished Chapter Seven. I might lengthen it later, but I'm a little pressed for time at the moment. Dx
Finally feeling my writer's block begin to loosen a little bit. The only thing that had really kept me from writing was the little time I've had lately.
I hope I can write more sometime soon. .-.
@above: Thank you!
spoiler:

This takes place before Bacon really became an Element. In current day Dragonfable, though...
Faerdin's runes are gonna be a LOT more greasy! ;D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
1/11/2013 12:07:44   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

quote:

Long before the Elemental Planes had been created to bring order and life to a world of endless darkness.

I personally think universe sounds better, but that is just me.

quote:

Faerdin's words had caught in his throat.

Maybe it is just me, but shouldn't that be "were"?

It was a nice chapter.

spoiler:

Faerdin's ordeal with the element of fire is next?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 110
1/11/2013 12:13:33   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

quote:

Maybe it is just me, but shouldn't that be "were"?
I'm reasonably certain that both are correct. Dx
spoiler:

Beyond what I have planned for the next chapter, fire won't become a direct threat to Faerdin for a long while, but it will be a lingering problem. I do think that fire will have a special part in the next chapter, though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
1/17/2013 10:41:04   
Glais

quote:

Or... Why not be both? Faerdin wondered. This thought coaxed a devious smile from Faerdin.

Reading this I could not help the strange facial expressions in Getter Robo.
quote:

It was an obvious trick, but the knight was too slow to realize what his apprentice was attempting to do. His eyes widened in shock a moment before his foot caught against Faerdin's leg and sent him sprawling to the ground, his sword clattering against the floor as it slipped from his hands. Valen desperately attempted to pick himself up, and when Faerdin rested the tip of his sword against his collarbone, he glanced up at him with a peculiar mixture of disbelief and rage.

Heheh, I loved this scene.
You managed to make Faerdin best a guy who is a master at this, while at the same time not making him look like too much of a prodigy.

Anyhow, completed chapter 6. Not bad and I like how you're using Sepulchure. Much more than the actual character, heh. Will come back and read 7 later. Plus that way you get an extra post.

By the way if it's not too much trouble, would you mind checking out my story some time? New perspectives/opinions needed and all.
DF MQ  Post #: 112
2/6/2013 21:03:01   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

How did I miss reading this update? Bad, Gingkage, bad! It was awesome. Shadowy figure offering Doom Weapons? I wonder who that could possibly be. :P Awesome update, wolf-buddy. And next time I'll pay better attention when I go to check for updates.

I am, however, a little fuzzy on what happened here:

quote:

Then a thought struck Faerdin. The conversation he had overheard. The shadow-being. The Planes are in danger. Lore is in danger. Such was Faerdin's renewed resolve that he focused his thoughts on one thing, and one thing only.

A wave of golden, resplendent light met the tide of darkness and brought it to a shuddering halt. The two elements dissipated, and Faerdin struggled to rise to his feet. Upon doing so, he drew his sword and prepared to fight for his life.

Though that's probably just me being confused because it's 9:00 PM.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 113
3/3/2013 9:19:46   
nield
Creative!

*pokes head in* hello. I'm flittering about the L&L again, and I just got caught up with your story. Very much enjoyed it to this point, and I do quite enjoy how you've used both the Stranger and one Sir Valen Pulchre.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 114
3/3/2013 16:55:07   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

I'm going to have a lot of fun with Sir Valen and the Mysterious Stranger... I'm glad my usage of them so far seems effective. ;)
@Ging: Faerdin was finally able to focus and counter the Stranger's magic with light. My bad if it was confusing! If I remember correctly, I wrote that kind of late.
@Glais: Sorry for taking so long to respond. I had left the Forums due to illness, then got caught up in a bunch of other stuff. I'd love to read your story! ^_^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
3/3/2013 17:04:49   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

Ah. Makes sense. But how was he able to summon that much light to counter the MS's darkness? Was the MS simply toying with Faerdin and as such was only using the tiniest fraction of his powers?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 116
3/3/2013 17:17:06   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Had Faerdin used any Element other than Light to counter the Mysterious Stranger's attack, he would have been utterly consumed. However, the Stranger hadn't intended to kill him. He fully expected a counterattack in the form of Light-based magic, and knew that his power would wane in its presence. To put it simply, the Stranger was indeed toying with Faerdin.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 117
3/3/2013 17:30:03   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

From what I have seen thus far I am not sure if the Mysterious Stranger is that strong himself other than attack. The form he took was weak to the elements, especially light.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 118
3/3/2013 17:36:09   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

The Stranger has been in his current state for quite some time and, as I understand it in Dragonfable, slowly gathering power.
I have no doubt that he is magically powerful. The primary reason he does not undertake most initiatives on his own, however, is the fact that he is fragile.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 119
3/4/2013 6:41:57   
Glais

quote:

@Glais: Sorry for taking so long to respond. I had left the Forums due to illness, then got caught up in a bunch of other stuff. I'd love to read your story! ^_^

Greatly appreciated.
I will warn you I believe my prologue to be...drastically in need of improvements, but the other chapters should be in good shape.

I'll get to your newest chapter tomorrow, quite late here right now.

EDIT: Aaaand read.

Quite an interesting little conflict that was.
Well mostly the ending line actually.

< Message edited by Glais -- 3/5/2013 3:02:18 >
DF MQ  Post #: 120
3/14/2013 16:41:47   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Finally got to work on and finished Chapter Eight.
I'm not going to lie, this is probably the darkest chapter yet.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
3/14/2013 17:33:46   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

It's a good chapter, but I expected it to be a bit darker when you said that.

spoiler:

Was there something special about the object that I miss or was it just an instrument of torture?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 122
3/14/2013 17:36:44   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

@Dwelling: I think it's just a branding iron of non-descript shape. That was the impression I got, at least.
@Fae: Awesome chapter. Poor Faerdin. :(
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 123
3/14/2013 20:27:06   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Branding iron, fire poker- call it what you will.
spoiler:

The important thing to take from it is that they were going to torture Faerdin by burning him with a hot iron.

@Dwelling: Dragonfable meets Lord of the Flies is relatively dark in my opinion. ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 124
4/27/2013 21:01:27   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Okay, about time I made another update. Working on the following chapter with Aurauris. ;)
Not a particularly exciting chapter, but it will lead up to the next one, which I am going to have a lot of fun with!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Tales of Faerdin Eilrua Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition