Oh, like that! It's a good idea.
I'll nerf him a little to add in kkutwar's Life Absorption idea.
So is this alright?
1) Father's Scythe
2) Father's Sword
Crystal: A black Orb shaped ruby that is about five times the size of a human fist.
1) Able to sense where swords, daggers, knives or scythes that are within a 7m radius away from him (however the further away it is from him, the less exact the location he can sense it. E.g. When it is 50cm away from him, he can sense the exact location of it like how many cm it is under a table etc. However if is 7m away from him, he can only tell that a weapon is in a room, but cannot tell where exactly in the room it is etc.)
2) Weapon Manipulation - Able to use daggers, swords, knives and scythes with near perfect techniques (about as skilled as Himura Kenshin is with a sword)
3) Starting off with father's scythe and sword
4) Decreased Ranged accuracy - If a normal person would hit a target 100% of the time with a gun, Thanatos would only be able to hit it 60%-75% of the time.
5) Life Absorption - Drain 1% health from a single target every 60 seconds, so 100% would take one hundred minutes. The health absorbed from someone else restores your own damaged body, and the continuous drain only works if contact is not broken. The poor sap would regenerate the absorbed health over time. That, and a slow power upgrade (lose two seconds of time every twenty percent drop) to prevent it from quickly evolving into game-breaker. The link will be broken when Thanatos cannot concentrate on it (e.g. when fighting a 4 or more fighters which are equal or above a red-belt in Tae Kwon Do in terms of fighting abilities or fighting another extremely skilled fighter) also it can be broken when Thanatos does not know the location of the target.
Appearance: A black haired young teenager that's about 6'1 in height. Relatively thin.
History: Thanatos was just an average delinquent that always got into fights. With his father being a specialist in Karate and Kendou, he has studied those 2 types of martial arts for quite a while. At the age of 8, he began to be fascinated by other weapons such as scythes, which is why his father bought him one after getting 100% in his maths, English, Chinese and Japanese exam. However after the death of his father and the marriage of his mother to his English teacher at the age of 13, he began to hate the world and ran away from home with nothing but his scythe and his father's sword, thus beginning his life on the streets. He found his crystal when he accidentally tripped in a dark alleyway being chased by the police for killing another person in a street fight.