Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Upcoming Balance Changes (Patch 1.5.39)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Upcoming Balance Changes (Patch 1.5.39)
Page 9 of 11«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/19/2013 22:16:22   
Predator9657

quote:

ALSO MY DREAM IS THAT EVERY PLAYER MUST HAVE FOCUS 5 BUILD.

More like a nightmare; where would build diversity be then?
Epic  Post #: 201
11/19/2013 22:23:28   
Altador987

you can have diversity in a 5 focus build but everyone having a 5 focus build is boring
AQW Epic  Post #: 202
11/19/2013 22:38:00   
Dual Thrusters

quote:

ALSO MY DREAM IS THAT EVERY PLAYER MUST HAVE FOCUS 5 BUILD

LOL This happened in March-April ish. Eveyone was forced to use a focus build because bots had VERY high damage potential, from Assault Bot to Gamma Borg. I even made my first ED video around this time

After about a month, everyone was complaining that there was no diversity in being forced into focus builds, so as you know robots got nerfed by 7 damage, and that's that.

Be careful what you wish for.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 203
11/20/2013 15:57:30   
kaierti1
Banned

please look at this. bounty hunters don't need support? i remember early time when mercenaries dont needed support and then ed change hybrid armor stats required 42 support instead of dexterity. smoke improve with support dont work!!! need static grenade change improve with SUPPORT. because if not, we getting such bounty hunter which don't want epicduel anymore, such build players. http://image.geotorrents.com/images/30401693291682991368.png

< Message edited by kaierti1 -- 11/20/2013 16:14:44 >
Post #: 204
11/20/2013 16:34:32   
Predator9657

^ Improving with support wont solve that; a support requirement would be needed.
Epic  Post #: 205
11/20/2013 17:11:57   
kaierti1
Banned

or improve with none. 30-35 energy steal, 50% back. but 4 cool down
Post #: 206
11/20/2013 17:33:32   
Elite Tuga

I Agree with Kaierti1, 100%

Static Grenade needs that slight nerf, Battery deserves at least to be rounded up to 40 Energy points & Parasite needs a buff too. I think that's all for now XD

< Message edited by Elite Tuga -- 11/20/2013 17:56:42 >
Epic  Post #: 207
11/20/2013 17:50:02   
Stabilis

quote:

or improve with none. 30-35 energy steal, 50% back. but 4 cool down

To match it with Battery Backup (which is lower, at 37), it would have to steal 25 at the most, giving 13 rounded up (total of 38 energy).

However, all classes should have the same number of energy skills. Battery Backup can match Static Grenade, but add Assimilation, and everything breaks. The Bounty Hunters could use a second energy skill.
AQ Epic  Post #: 208
11/20/2013 18:28:42   
Elite Tuga

Last update dev's nerfed Assimilation skill to the ground (50% deduction to caster) so its no longer a second energy gaining skill but rather an energy draining one. Depressed Void, you keep mentioning about Assimilation as if we are the only class that can steal energy as well as gain from our opponents but in-case you or others forgot all classes can steal & gain energy with 1 or 2 skills from the skill tree.
Here they are as follows; Cybers have (energy steal) EMP & (energy gain) Static charge, Bounties have (steal & gain 2 in 1) Static grenade, Merc's have (steal & gain 2 in 1) Static smash, T. Mercs have (energy gain) Battery & (steal) Atom smash, B. Mages have (energy steal & gain 2 in 1) Parasite.

Although some energy drain & gain skills from certain classes are better than others my point is we all can do it, just different ways & amounts. Rather than emphasis on Tech Mages just slightly buff up some skills like Parasite & nerf Static grenade, that could help balance a bit more between the classes.
Epic  Post #: 209
11/20/2013 18:36:47   
Stabilis

quote:

1 or 2 skills from the skill tree.

That right there is the problem, not the ability to steal or drain.

A class with 1 energy skill in terms of energy control is outmatched by a class with 2 energy skills if all energy skills are equal in power. It is like( 1 + 1) > 1, it just is. Now, if the energy skill in the class that has only 1 energy skill is equal to the sum of both energy skills in the other class, (1 + 1) = 2, but now the class with 1 energy skill only needs half the skill points to get that power. See what I mean?

All classes should have the same number of energy skills, for balance.
AQ Epic  Post #: 210
11/20/2013 20:05:40   
CivilAE

I see what he's getting at, it's more of a match control thing, turns for the most part. 1:2 skills over the course of match that both require sacrifice in a turn leaves lots of 0's and puts both players at the same place of where they started accept one is at a obvious advantage with a full energy pool to use.

That's where the advantage is.

< Message edited by CivilAE -- 11/20/2013 20:06:36 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 211
11/21/2013 1:51:37   
kaierti1
Banned

Elite Tuga,
i dont agree u about assimilitation. tech mage is again cool but not against bounty hunters. bh is onest class who can fight and defeat tech mage because of static grenade. tech mage is still so cool look: 1. 26-32 +10 def. 2. 33-40 or 34-41 technology which deflecting so much. 3. 100 health!!! 4. plasma 4-5 lvl 60-65 energy. 5. assimilitation which steal -18 energy and back 9. 4. energy backup 4 cooldown but u cant kill tech mage in 4 or in 5 turns and it is still good. 5. and supercharge which damage is 40-50. i say again tech mage's medicine is only bounty hunter because tm't tank build is annoying. slowly and borable game.

i agree u that energy parasite need buff 20% maybe because it is weakest. if ur partner have 20-30 energy dont matter use energy parasite because u getting so low energy. just i want change class so much my blood mage is so weak, maybe weakest class in ed now after decreased. just read this please: merces can have nice build with tank build (high tech), bunker and static smash. tct merc is so aw in 1 v 1 support build because they have 26-32 support and 100 health also works poison grenade. tech mage's tank and str build is great with malf. bh now have static grenade which is almost in 1-3 classes in 1 v 1 with smoke. cybers is good too malf and str build, i was many times killed by ch str build (even low lvls) because all str is lowered and i can't do high damage and plus 70% static charge is nice too.. left only blood mage which dont have nothing: not tank build works, not smoke, not malf, not strength, energy parasite is weakest dont works if ur enemy have low energy! so bm is worst class now i lost so many games because of destroy blood lust, strength and deadly aim. i dont advice noone to change class to bm!!! just it is terrible.

will be good static grenade improve with support because bh's have about 90-110 tech and support 45-60. and energy gain will be not high. 46 steal and 3 cooldown is so much. need cooldown 4 also!! and my request is that need decrease tech mages!! they are again cool and i think energy backup is much better than reroute. also assimilitation steal energy is enhanced (back 50%) but stealing increased. need think something about tech mages!! maybe energy backup stats required 42 support this will be good because we are tired and bored, we dont want tank tech mages anymore!!! all must have focus 5 build!!! think please about this epicduel. just look: plasma + assimilitation + energy backup + supercharge this is best 4 skills together ever!! plus tank build which u cant kill them in 4 or 5 turns its impossible. i think need tech mage's damage lower on supercharge, or what i said about energy backup, or destroy assimilitation. think something please

< Message edited by kaierti1 -- 11/21/2013 1:58:18 >
Post #: 212
11/21/2013 1:55:43   
Mother1

Another thing that needs to be looked at big time. Juggernaut mode.

It was never balanced to begin with, and it still isn't balanced. Especially with all the new balance changes that supercharge one side with leaving the other side extra vulnerable.
Epic  Post #: 213
11/21/2013 2:08:37   
kaierti1
Banned

Mother1,
just when i see in 1 v 1 my enemy is tank tech mage i hate this game. i know that all game against tm will be deflectable, low damages, so many time and unfair because they are so strong. look tm what are doing: 1. plasma 2. assimilitation. 3. heal. 4. energy backup. 5. supercharge and rounding this always!!! need help. almost all classes are lowered because of str and because of (hybryd, plasma and mineral armor) just read: 1. cyber hunter dont have plasma armor and 10% increase block chance. 2. tct merc dont have mineral armor and reroute (but). 3. merc dont have hybrid armor. 4. bm dont have deadly aim and blood lust. 5. bh dont have blood lust and 10% increase block chance. 6. tech mages dont have only deadly aim which didn't touch on tank builds and energy backup change instead reroute and it is big plus because energy backup is much better than reroute. so what we have. 5 class came down and 1 class they didn't touch or maybe such say: increased

< Message edited by kaierti1 -- 11/21/2013 2:11:52 >
Post #: 214
11/21/2013 2:25:08   
Scyze

@Mother1,
How do you expect it to be balanced? What changes do you want? Rather than suggesting it to get removed since the balance is bad, why don't you think of ways to make it better?
If it was never balanced, why did you even play? You've got over 350 wins...

You cannot make the HP higher because it will affect all of the battle modes; it will make high HP Strength builds stronger. Improving defences will make builds harder to beat - especially in 1v1. So what do you want done to get balance in Juggernaut?

quote:

It was never balanced to begin with, and it still isn't balanced.
Why didn't you bring this up in the past? I barely saw posts saying Juggernaut was unbalanced.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 215
11/21/2013 2:56:40   
Mother1

@ scyze

quote:

Why didn't you bring this up in the past? I barely saw posts saying Juggernaut was unbalanced.

It was brought up in the past quite a bit by all the former punching bags used to be forced to play against them. I would comment on their posts since I played a both.

Also where were you at the beginning of omega? The forums were flooded with Juggernaut unbalanced topics 2 of which I made myself. However those were derailed by the same players who used to be have trouble with juggernaut because they were getting free wins off the juggernauts, and where saying "Juggernaut is balanced now, I am finally able to win against the juggernauts."

It was one week later that the staff increased the level range because of this.

Also lets look at the last two balance updates. These happened recently, and even then I remember reading complaints from the jugs themselves about how the passive to active change unbalanced juggernaut more.

quote:

If it was never balanced, why did you even play? You've got over 350 wins...

I got the majority of those wins when I was in delta. I was trying to get the juggernaut cheevo for 2,000 rating points back then. That was why I played it in the past. In omega some people said the mode was unbalanced for higher levels so I played it to see if they were right. I only started playing juggernaut again yesterday to and that was to see if the passive to active change made Juggernaut even more unbalanced.

I was hoping to have some fun with Juggernaut and see if I could actually win however, even with the tankiest of builds it is a slaughter at high levels. Why because of the level range. At the min level range you are fighting 2 opponents that you could face in 2 vs 2. That right there isn't balanced in the least.

I would suggest increase the min and max level range, however that won't work either since if that is done at the real lower levels single digit levels who would have no business fighting juggernauts would be pulled in to fight level 20's which in turn could scare off new players.

Epic  Post #: 216
11/21/2013 8:28:20   
Scyze

@Mother1,
I was still here since the beginning of Omega. What I noticed a lot was that the only ones complaining was because they didn't have the advantage anymore. But that was the start of Omega. Nearly everything was unfair back then. I've seen posts about these problems straight after a balance change but I barely see people saying it's unbalanced when there were no changes.

If Juggernaut was unbalanced, then why did you still play?
The main reason for me to see it being unbalanced is that there is no power advantage. Plus, Juggernaut was alright before the latest updates. The removal of passives is making it hard.
Tell me how you found it unbalanced back in Delta. Because of the power advantage?

quote:

"Juggernaut is balanced now, I am finally able to win against the juggernauts."
So you want to win the Juggernauts right? As soon as you start to win, do you even care about it anymore?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 217
11/21/2013 11:39:24   
Kerby000

What lol CH. dude they suck. Not now though. Now that i played it after this update, they seem pretty strong. Not the strongest but alright now. I am fine with CH as it is. No nurds and no buffs. Its about time the CH had a fighting chance against these mages and meds. I have been a CH for quite a while and have tried several builds. The static charge use to be booty. Now i stand a fighting chance. Not the greatest, but i make it work.
Post #: 218
11/21/2013 11:45:44   
Kerby000

Overall. i like the new ch class. thank you. i strategize a lot more to defeat my enemies. SC is good because i sacrificed all my support into a str build so it can be effective.
Post #: 219
11/21/2013 11:48:40   
kaierti1
Banned

Kerby000,
strength build yes. ch with strength build is good but normal build i dont know i never meet i dont remember. if ch is good left increase mercenary and blood mage classes. when will be written design notes patch? im waiting. its time already
Post #: 220
11/21/2013 12:03:38   
gui314

Formerly it was more logical to buy varium, now has no difference in a person who buys varium and not buying. Before was possible to put improvements in our equipment, such as:
Putting extra attribute points, etc..
I wish that at least this would ever exist again.
AQW Epic  Post #: 221
11/21/2013 16:05:15   
kaierti1
Banned

anyone knows where is design notes patch? its already so late. Thursday. i guess it is not update on Friday and maybe update is Next Friday. so bad. again 1 week we must wait for update and watch op bounty hunters!!! :( oooh. terrible. design notes would be 4-5 hours ago but not
Post #: 222
11/21/2013 16:06:29   
Ranloth
Banned

Patch Notes come out after releases. Design Notes are often out on Thursdays, or sometimes on Fridays.

We've already had it confirmed there will be a balance update this week and some rares returning.
AQ Epic  Post #: 223
11/21/2013 16:10:58   
kaierti1
Banned

Trans,
i read too Nightwraith's comment twitter about thanksgiving weapons and tankbot robot, but i know that on Thusrday must be written patch. waitng not waiting not. ok ok i'm going to sleep
Post #: 224
11/21/2013 16:48:05   
Elite Tuga

@ Dev's

Another subject to be looked at is the 2v2 match level-ing system, its so biased to see most of my games being ruined because low level players get scared of the unfair battles they join & end up leaving making me lose my games too. It's been mentioned a lot before & I don't know why Developers haven't showed any interest in changing the level difference from 5 to 0!!!!!! Matches will be longer not to mention finding battles too but at least both sides have 50% chance to win!

No game should have unfair systems, otherwise there's no fun & completing daily & non-daily missions is a nightmare!

Font size removed. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 11/21/2013 18:10:24 >
Epic  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Upcoming Balance Changes (Patch 1.5.39)
Page 9 of 11«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition